Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 212 213
After looking at my own a bit more and reading some more replies, yeah, I'm super stoked for scenes but the new layout has problems, mainly that the Apparel section does not belong where it is right now. And honestly, it just doesn't gel with the rest of the site at all, and not in a good way.

Edit: oh bleaaaaaaaaahh, I just realized the bio box isn't plain grey but iMac gradiented. Gross gross gross! Please let us toggle that if nothing else!
After looking at my own a bit more and reading some more replies, yeah, I'm super stoked for scenes but the new layout has problems, mainly that the Apparel section does not belong where it is right now. And honestly, it just doesn't gel with the rest of the site at all, and not in a good way.

Edit: oh bleaaaaaaaaahh, I just realized the bio box isn't plain grey but iMac gradiented. Gross gross gross! Please let us toggle that if nothing else!
don't like my dragons
I love how the dragon is now placed right in the middle of the page. Really brings it to the center of attention!

However, I'm going to agree with some of the mock-ups to switch the placement of apparel with the dragon's characteristics. I don't dress 95% of my dragons, and even if I did, the dragon's genes, colors and hatch date are the most important things to me, be it for my dragons dragons or ones in other lairs. I'm constantly looking at this information on a daily basis, especially when planning breeding pairs or projects. And now that information is so far down the page that I'll either have to scroll down every time, or zoom out my browser window. I could see the colors and genes at least if that info was simply swapped with the height, weight and wingspan, which is something I never look at.

Also, due to my dragons' lack of apparel, the left side of their pages is a large square of dotted line boxes that just clutter the space.
I love how the dragon is now placed right in the middle of the page. Really brings it to the center of attention!

However, I'm going to agree with some of the mock-ups to switch the placement of apparel with the dragon's characteristics. I don't dress 95% of my dragons, and even if I did, the dragon's genes, colors and hatch date are the most important things to me, be it for my dragons dragons or ones in other lairs. I'm constantly looking at this information on a daily basis, especially when planning breeding pairs or projects. And now that information is so far down the page that I'll either have to scroll down every time, or zoom out my browser window. I could see the colors and genes at least if that info was simply swapped with the height, weight and wingspan, which is something I never look at.

Also, due to my dragons' lack of apparel, the left side of their pages is a large square of dotted line boxes that just clutter the space.
Thank you! Familiar naming is probably the number one thing I'm excited about!
Thank you! Familiar naming is probably the number one thing I'm excited about!
@astr0fish That’s great then! I was worried I’d have to go buy 72 vistas and I’m rich but not that rich lmao [emoji=ridgeback love size=2]
@astr0fish That’s great then! I was worried I’d have to go buy 72 vistas and I’m rich but not that rich lmao
ezgif.com-resize_3.gif ezgif.com-resize_4.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker_16.gif
[center]Do I see a reference to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Also I love this update! I really love that you can see the stats, battle stones and level of a dragon now just by looking on the page! It saves a lot more time than snipping a screenshot of it and making a link-able image to post on a forum when selling a high level dragon. ^^ Naming familiars is also super cool! I always imagined from time to time about what I'd name my familiars and it makes it feel more personal to the dragons. ^^ Slight qualm is that the bio is still on the bottom of the page and not very visible! I found out early on that some people just don't look at dragon bios right away and some people don't even realize they exist! I love them but I wish they could be a bit more visible to newer players. ^^' Also when you click the save button and save the photo of the dragon I noticed that I see a white bar on the left hand side! I don't know if this affects all of the scenes but I noticed it when sharing it on a discord group. Example on a dark background: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/584238717452156954/719584856195072100/unknown.png[/img][/center]
Do I see a reference to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

Also I love this update! I really love that you can see the stats, battle stones and level of a dragon now just by looking on the page! It saves a lot more time than snipping a screenshot of it and making a link-able image to post on a forum when selling a high level dragon. ^^

Naming familiars is also super cool! I always imagined from time to time about what I'd name my familiars and it makes it feel more personal to the dragons. ^^

Slight qualm is that the bio is still on the bottom of the page and not very visible! I found out early on that some people just don't look at dragon bios right away and some people don't even realize they exist! I love them but I wish they could be a bit more visible to newer players. ^^'

Also when you click the save button and save the photo of the dragon I noticed that I see a white bar on the left hand side! I don't know if this affects all of the scenes but I noticed it when sharing it on a discord group.

Example on a dark background:

unknown.png
I78sirX.png
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 09:15:31" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2020-06-08 09:10:00" ] [quote name="@Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 09:07:18" ] Kinda wished that there was a way to directly customize apparel instead of having to press customize and then apparel, its a little clunky for people who use dragons apparel a lot. [/quote] You can just click on the apparel too [/quote] But you now need to click customize and then click apparel, which is a way different way to traverse the page than before. Before you would just click apparel and you would arrive at a place where you could add the apparel onto the derg instead of having to go through pages to get to the place where you could add apparel. Its making adding apparel a little more difficult. However, I do appreciate that you can add apparel and skins on the same page! [/quote] Actually if you click the words "apparel" it will take you straight to it.
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 09:15:31:
SCB wrote on 2020-06-08 09:10:00:
@Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 09:07:18:
Kinda wished that there was a way to directly customize apparel instead of having to press customize and then apparel, its a little clunky for people who use dragons apparel a lot.

You can just click on the apparel too
But you now need to click customize and then click apparel, which is a way different way to traverse the page than before. Before you would just click apparel and you would arrive at a place where you could add the apparel onto the derg instead of having to go through pages to get to the place where you could add apparel. Its making adding apparel a little more difficult. However, I do appreciate that you can add apparel and skins on the same page!

Actually if you click the words "apparel" it will take you straight to it.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I do have some critisizm though, but first off this is amazing. So much changed and we've got better access to the things we use most. That being said, I'd like it if some how we could turn the changed dragon profile on and off. I personally don't like it very much, the other one felt more polished to me. Obviously that's just personal prefrence and you can't make everyone happy so I don't necissarally expect that to be implimented, especially since we have some new mechanics. But if there was a way to fit all/most of the new stuff back into the old format and add a setting that lets the player decide how they want it that'd be wonderful.

I'm not trying to belittle this though, what you guys have done is truely amazing. I hope this game stays strong for years to come, I love you guys for everything you do. You've brought light to so many terrible awful days and I've made new friends through all my little pixel dragons! Thank you! <333
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I do have some critisizm though, but first off this is amazing. So much changed and we've got better access to the things we use most. That being said, I'd like it if some how we could turn the changed dragon profile on and off. I personally don't like it very much, the other one felt more polished to me. Obviously that's just personal prefrence and you can't make everyone happy so I don't necissarally expect that to be implimented, especially since we have some new mechanics. But if there was a way to fit all/most of the new stuff back into the old format and add a setting that lets the player decide how they want it that'd be wonderful.

I'm not trying to belittle this though, what you guys have done is truely amazing. I hope this game stays strong for years to come, I love you guys for everything you do. You've brought light to so many terrible awful days and I've made new friends through all my little pixel dragons! Thank you! <333
pixelfishtank.gif King | They/It
»ADHD and Queer
»Marine Bio Major
»Art Shop
»Project Wishlist
»Toyhouse

FISH.png
I'm so excited to get into this and mess around with everything! I also really like that the alert thing is a little bell now. :)
I'm so excited to get into this and mess around with everything! I also really like that the alert thing is a little bell now. :)
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
Oh dang; this will take some getting used too
Oh dang; this will take some getting used too
I really like this update. Thanks for everything!
I thought it would be a good idea to add a scene transparency adjustment function for each dragon... Scenes are gorgeous, but in some cases it would be better to make them brighter, and in others a little whiter.
Searching for familiars is just magical, it's been sorely missed.
I really like this update. Thanks for everything!
I thought it would be a good idea to add a scene transparency adjustment function for each dragon... Scenes are gorgeous, but in some cases it would be better to make them brighter, and in others a little whiter.
Searching for familiars is just magical, it's been sorely missed.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 212 213