Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Veined: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Points?
Points?
Ooo I love the new gene! So much potential!! [emoji=spiral love size=1]
Ooo I love the new gene! So much potential!!
0vHOHr2.gif
[quote name="Yutyrannical" date="2019-11-08 15:57:40" ] [quote name="Shinysuicune" date="2019-11-08 14:08:48" ] [quote name="Yutyrannical" date="2019-11-08 10:53:19" ] I've gotta be honest, Im not a fan :/ If it were more metallic like then it would look better but it's too fleshy/looks like a stamp on the dragon and doesn't blend well in my opinion. That and the whole not appearing on the back wing of any species really throws me off. I appreciate what staff is trying to do but this is the 2nd crackle knock off (if you want to count smirch which I do simply because it is line based like crackle) and I'd like to see more unique genes. Not trying to hate or anything, just some feedback. [/quote] I agree. I find it normal to have a distaste in at least something FR releases. People who get mad at this don't understand that you can't love everything they give. [/quote] I'm glad you took it that way lol. I was hesitant to post my feedback because everyone seems to love the gene and I definitely didn't want any hate on the subject but I know it's important for staff to see all the opinions of their users (even if it may be likely they will never see this comment.) [/quote] I completely agree with both of you. There are some genes I'm just not a fan of; there are others I'm on the fence about as they work with some things but not otheres. It's refreshing when others voice their opinions on liking something. For me, this is one of those genes I'm on the fence about. I have a dragon I just can't figure out a Tertiary gene for as the color isn't great. Was hoping this would work, but alas, it doesn't. :) One of these days!! :D
Yutyrannical wrote on 2019-11-08 15:57:40:
Shinysuicune wrote on 2019-11-08 14:08:48:
Yutyrannical wrote on 2019-11-08 10:53:19:
I've gotta be honest, Im not a fan :/

If it were more metallic like then it would look better but it's too fleshy/looks like a stamp on the dragon and doesn't blend well in my opinion. That and the whole not appearing on the back wing of any species really throws me off. I appreciate what staff is trying to do but this is the 2nd crackle knock off (if you want to count smirch which I do simply because it is line based like crackle) and I'd like to see more unique genes. Not trying to hate or anything, just some feedback.

I agree. I find it normal to have a distaste in at least something FR releases. People who get mad at this don't understand that you can't love everything they give.

I'm glad you took it that way lol. I was hesitant to post my feedback because everyone seems to love the gene and I definitely didn't want any hate on the subject but I know it's important for staff to see all the opinions of their users (even if it may be likely they will never see this comment.)

I completely agree with both of you. There are some genes I'm just not a fan of; there are others I'm on the fence about as they work with some things but not otheres. It's refreshing when others voice their opinions on liking something. For me, this is one of those genes I'm on the fence about. I have a dragon I just can't figure out a Tertiary gene for as the color isn't great. Was hoping this would work, but alas, it doesn't. :) One of these days!! :D
1q7diA4.jpeglf9X4H2.png
[quote name="Yutyrannical" date="2019-11-08 15:57:40" ] [quote name="Shinysuicune" date="2019-11-08 14:08:48" ] [quote name="Yutyrannical" date="2019-11-08 10:53:19" ] I've gotta be honest, Im not a fan :/ If it were more metallic like then it would look better but it's too fleshy/looks like a stamp on the dragon and doesn't blend well in my opinion. That and the whole not appearing on the back wing of any species really throws me off. I appreciate what staff is trying to do but this is the 2nd crackle knock off (if you want to count smirch which I do simply because it is line based like crackle) and I'd like to see more unique genes. Not trying to hate or anything, just some feedback. [/quote] I agree. I find it normal to have a distaste in at least something FR releases. People who get mad at this don't understand that you can't love everything they give. [/quote] I'm glad you took it that way lol. I was hesitant to post my feedback because everyone seems to love the gene and I definitely didn't want any hate on the subject but I know it's important for staff to see all the opinions of their users (even if it may be likely they will never see this comment.) [/quote] I completely agree with both of you. There are some genes I'm just not a fan of; there are others I'm on the fence about as they work with some things but not otheres. It's refreshing when others voice their opinions on liking something. For me, this is one of those genes I'm on the fence about. I have a dragon I just can't figure out a Tertiary gene for as the color isn't great. Was hoping this would work, but alas, it doesn't. :) One of these days!! :D
Yutyrannical wrote on 2019-11-08 15:57:40:
Shinysuicune wrote on 2019-11-08 14:08:48:
Yutyrannical wrote on 2019-11-08 10:53:19:
I've gotta be honest, Im not a fan :/

If it were more metallic like then it would look better but it's too fleshy/looks like a stamp on the dragon and doesn't blend well in my opinion. That and the whole not appearing on the back wing of any species really throws me off. I appreciate what staff is trying to do but this is the 2nd crackle knock off (if you want to count smirch which I do simply because it is line based like crackle) and I'd like to see more unique genes. Not trying to hate or anything, just some feedback.

I agree. I find it normal to have a distaste in at least something FR releases. People who get mad at this don't understand that you can't love everything they give.

I'm glad you took it that way lol. I was hesitant to post my feedback because everyone seems to love the gene and I definitely didn't want any hate on the subject but I know it's important for staff to see all the opinions of their users (even if it may be likely they will never see this comment.)

I completely agree with both of you. There are some genes I'm just not a fan of; there are others I'm on the fence about as they work with some things but not otheres. It's refreshing when others voice their opinions on liking something. For me, this is one of those genes I'm on the fence about. I have a dragon I just can't figure out a Tertiary gene for as the color isn't great. Was hoping this would work, but alas, it doesn't. :) One of these days!! :D
1q7diA4.jpeglf9X4H2.png
Nice! Like a toned-down version of Crackle, for when Crackle is too much for the dragon it's on. Kind of, anyway.
Nice! Like a toned-down version of Crackle, for when Crackle is too much for the dragon it's on. Kind of, anyway.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
I'll be honest; this, and some of the other newer genes (e.g. ringlets) look a bit too flat; they don't follow contours well, so to me they really clash with the rest of the image. I like the concept of veined, would make for some cool geology themed dragons, but alas it doesn't quite look like it melds with the rest of the dragon art underneath it if that makes sense. Still, I'm continuing to experiment with it on my dragons to find something that might look nice nonetheless.
I'll be honest; this, and some of the other newer genes (e.g. ringlets) look a bit too flat; they don't follow contours well, so to me they really clash with the rest of the image. I like the concept of veined, would make for some cool geology themed dragons, but alas it doesn't quite look like it melds with the rest of the dragon art underneath it if that makes sense. Still, I'm continuing to experiment with it on my dragons to find something that might look nice nonetheless.
Yes, new Gaoler gene!
Yes, new Gaoler gene!
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
I love it! But can you adjust it on the female Fae? Their whole left wing is neglected. :(
I love it! But can you adjust it on the female Fae? Their whole left wing is neglected. :(
"Find the place that love grows."
oh i actually love this oh my
oh i actually love this oh my
M6amO1h.gif
she,her
aries
finland +10 frt
caef2e57304a7a97d3c5d4b27f8058b1.png
[quote name="Skyspeed" date="2019-11-09 18:46:24" ] I'll be honest; this, and some of the other newer genes (e.g. ringlets) look a bit too flat; they don't follow contours well, so to me they really clash with the rest of the image. I like the concept of veined, would make for some cool geology themed dragons, but alas it doesn't quite look like it melds with the rest of the dragon art underneath it if that makes sense. Still, I'm continuing to experiment with it on my dragons to find something that might look nice nonetheless. [/quote] I feel you. Quite a few of the genes look to me like the design is painted onto a pane of glass in front of the dragon rather than being on the actual dragon.
Skyspeed wrote on 2019-11-09 18:46:24:

I feel you. Quite a few of the genes look to me like the design is painted onto a pane of glass in front of the dragon rather than being on the actual dragon.
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56