Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2018
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 58 59
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40736779] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407368/40736779_350.png[/img] [/url] Love this

40736779_350.png

Love this
I really love all of the things :O
None of it fits the aesthetic my dragons have going on (I'm not in the light flight for nothin') but if I had better looking dragons for it I'd be going nuts
I really love all of the things :O
None of it fits the aesthetic my dragons have going on (I'm not in the light flight for nothin') but if I had better looking dragons for it I'd be going nuts
Yass that Halo is intense. Love the detail on it; some awesome artwork! Looks all kinds of ominous and imposing on my dergs. Really excited about the familiar, apparel, and skins/accents too. ...TLDR: love all of it! XD Let's RIOT!

HearseSongHalo

MaroHalo

CarulataHalo
Yass that Halo is intense. Love the detail on it; some awesome artwork! Looks all kinds of ominous and imposing on my dergs. Really excited about the familiar, apparel, and skins/accents too. ...TLDR: love all of it! XD Let's RIOT!

HearseSongHalo

MaroHalo

CarulataHalo
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
Oh Hell Yes!
Oh Hell Yes!
483.png Cmz8k8j.pngChimiraxCmz8k8j.png
tRvB8Xn.png
zNcyhot.png
Wn6vGC1.png
g6CyIfP.png

@Caerwyn That's really interesting! It's even more confusing though, since on some breeds like snapper males especially, it seems more like Masaccio's version, while on other breeds like mirrors it seems like Giotto's. It's up to interpretation I guess lol. Honestly, if the halos were designed to be like pop culture angel halos (little discs floating above the dragon's heads), it being corporeal wouldn't bother me at all. I'm totally down for a pulsating ring of horror that just floats in the air. [img]https://i.imgur.com/arO6uQ5.png[/img] ^Honestly when they said this year's apparel would be elemental halos, this is what I was expecting lol. But they're obviously based on classical art halos, so this plague one is just confusing to me. A red glowy one would be so much more usable.
@Caerwyn
That's really interesting!

It's even more confusing though, since on some breeds like snapper males especially, it seems more like Masaccio's version, while on other breeds like mirrors it seems like Giotto's. It's up to interpretation I guess lol.

Honestly, if the halos were designed to be like pop culture angel halos (little discs floating above the dragon's heads), it being corporeal wouldn't bother me at all. I'm totally down for a pulsating ring of horror that just floats in the air.

arO6uQ5.png

^Honestly when they said this year's apparel would be elemental halos, this is what I was expecting lol.

But they're obviously based on classical art halos, so this plague one is just confusing to me. A red glowy one would be so much more usable.
UvoG9ku.pngE1k4SYQ.png
Wow!~
Wow!~
vQjCN2I.png
[quote name="Loseruser359" date="2018-10-28 21:12:16" ] To be honest the halo is DISCUSSING [/quote] What it be saying??
Loseruser359 wrote on 2018-10-28 21:12:16:
To be honest the halo is DISCUSSING
What it be saying??
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
The halo looks a lot like a Christmas wreath to me at first glance. Still happy with a lot of this, though, even the funky but unique halo.
The halo looks a lot like a Christmas wreath to me at first glance. Still happy with a lot of this, though, even the funky but unique halo.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
@Emysry
The shape/size/position of the head really affect the halo - on, say, Male Mirrors, you can tell it's not actually a solid disk pretty easily, while with, like, Bogsneak and Spiral males it's really hard. I keep having to double-take when I see a male guardian wearing it, because it looks like it goes through where his neck should be to me :S
Three dimensional art really just futzes with these kind of halos all around, they adamantly refuse to play nice with each other with any sense of consistency :/

Pffft, I love that art, it's wonderful <3

We're on the same page there - like, I appreciate the effort and attention to detail that went into this, it looks great! It just feels like it wasn't made with apparel in mind - it looks more like it was meant to be a vista to me.

Ah, well, nothing to do but hope the next one's more versatile, right?
@Emysry
The shape/size/position of the head really affect the halo - on, say, Male Mirrors, you can tell it's not actually a solid disk pretty easily, while with, like, Bogsneak and Spiral males it's really hard. I keep having to double-take when I see a male guardian wearing it, because it looks like it goes through where his neck should be to me :S
Three dimensional art really just futzes with these kind of halos all around, they adamantly refuse to play nice with each other with any sense of consistency :/

Pffft, I love that art, it's wonderful <3

We're on the same page there - like, I appreciate the effort and attention to detail that went into this, it looks great! It just feels like it wasn't made with apparel in mind - it looks more like it was meant to be a vista to me.

Ah, well, nothing to do but hope the next one's more versatile, right?
In this festival, I love:
  • how gross the Plague halo is, seriously so gross
  • how the apparel fits so well with last year's apparel. It makes a complete armour!
  • the skins and accents are great
  • cute snek
In this festival, I love:
  • how gross the Plague halo is, seriously so gross
  • how the apparel fits so well with last year's apparel. It makes a complete armour!
  • the skins and accents are great
  • cute snek
Moth Keeper's Lantern Multimist Mask Herb Rack Augite Fragments
» Wishlist
» Shop
» Badges
~~~~~~~~~~~~
They/them
Starksand Dunes
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 58 59