Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 109 110
[quote name="PureSuicune" date="2018-08-22 17:43:45" ] [snip] I'm hoping the prices stabilize to where they were before once the raffle is over but this is not looking good. Please be careful with the retired items (please don't go releasing 5 light sprites). [/quote] @PureSuicune Oh my God, the resulting drama would be through the roof. Maybe they should make an exception with retired items from 2013-2014. We already have recolors of the sprites, so it'd only be fair.
PureSuicune wrote on 2018-08-22 17:43:45:
[snip]

I'm hoping the prices stabilize to where they were before once the raffle is over but this is not looking good. Please be careful with the retired items (please don't go releasing 5 light sprites).

@PureSuicune

Oh my God, the resulting drama would be through the roof. Maybe they should make an exception with retired items from 2013-2014. We already have recolors of the sprites, so it'd only be fair.
w7Z8MA5.png
b r e a k t h e s y s t e m
b r e a k t h e s y s t e m
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
We're at 974,920 tickets, folks. Grab the popcorn!
We're at 974,920 tickets, folks. Grab the popcorn!
w7Z8MA5.png
I just realized there's a link that will show who won the previous round's prizes. While right now it only says that Akiri is the luckiest person on the platform having won everything last week, what will happen if people start harrassing the winners for their prizes?
I just realized there's a link that will show who won the previous round's prizes. While right now it only says that Akiri is the luckiest person on the platform having won everything last week, what will happen if people start harrassing the winners for their prizes?
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
I enjoy the idea and all, but I think that there should be a ticket cap. Otherwise, the same players who have more treasure would just keep winning over and over again, giving the newer/players who have less treasure a chance to win.
I enjoy the idea and all, but I think that there should be a ticket cap. Otherwise, the same players who have more treasure would just keep winning over and over again, giving the newer/players who have less treasure a chance to win.
imageedit-1-4146692772.png s h a l t

» she/her/they
» fr +3, but not always active *cough* school
» no random friend requests
As one of the semi "rich" players on site, I thought I'd chuck in my 2 cents for people who say stuff like the richer players have an edge.

For a reference point I just spent about 130,000 gems (traded for / earned through selling stuff in the AH) and 10 million treasure, plus some random valuable items like a Wildclaw scroll for a Golden Idol Kickstarter familiar. Saving that much took me about 6 months.

It's true that people with treasure to burn will have a better chance with this raffle, of course.

I can only speak for myself but it's also true that I won't bother entering, even if the last KS familiar I want shows up.

Why?

Because if I want a Starmap gene I'll go buy one. I'd rather save up the massive amounts of treasure and outright purchase whatever I want than risk said treasure on something I've got such a slim chance of winning.

The dragons are a super special prize. In this case, it's a triple Gen1, gened, breed change scroll applied, with matching eyes. It's a one of a kind and would be a great win for a Gen1 enthusiast. That might spur someone who has acres of treasure to pour a lot into the raffle, so that might be a factor in how much treasure gets poured in by the "wealthy" players.

I think this is a super fun idea! I'm glad people are excited about it and are enjoying it! I wish everyone who entered all the luck and I think it's awesome that some people's dreams are going to come true when they win an amazing prize.

It's just not for me.
As one of the semi "rich" players on site, I thought I'd chuck in my 2 cents for people who say stuff like the richer players have an edge.

For a reference point I just spent about 130,000 gems (traded for / earned through selling stuff in the AH) and 10 million treasure, plus some random valuable items like a Wildclaw scroll for a Golden Idol Kickstarter familiar. Saving that much took me about 6 months.

It's true that people with treasure to burn will have a better chance with this raffle, of course.

I can only speak for myself but it's also true that I won't bother entering, even if the last KS familiar I want shows up.

Why?

Because if I want a Starmap gene I'll go buy one. I'd rather save up the massive amounts of treasure and outright purchase whatever I want than risk said treasure on something I've got such a slim chance of winning.

The dragons are a super special prize. In this case, it's a triple Gen1, gened, breed change scroll applied, with matching eyes. It's a one of a kind and would be a great win for a Gen1 enthusiast. That might spur someone who has acres of treasure to pour a lot into the raffle, so that might be a factor in how much treasure gets poured in by the "wealthy" players.

I think this is a super fun idea! I'm glad people are excited about it and are enjoying it! I wish everyone who entered all the luck and I think it's awesome that some people's dreams are going to come true when they win an amazing prize.

It's just not for me.
[quote name="Skykast" date="2018-08-22 17:52:03" ] I just realized there's a link that will show who won the previous round's prizes. While right now it only says that Akiri is the luckiest person on the platform having won everything last week, what will happen if people start harrassing the winners for their prizes? [/quote] @Skykast I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who was worried about this (see my response to the issue [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2510405/61#post_34943135]here[/url]). As someone who has volunteered with charity raffles, it makes me nervous to think that the names of the winners are revealed and easily accessible for anyone to harass or beg from. I hope the FR Team changes disables that feature, or maybe replaces it with the flights of the people who won.
Skykast wrote on 2018-08-22 17:52:03:

@Skykast

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who was worried about this (see my response to the issue here). As someone who has volunteered with charity raffles, it makes me nervous to think that the names of the winners are revealed and easily accessible for anyone to harass or beg from. I hope the FR Team changes disables that feature, or maybe replaces it with the flights of the people who won.
w7Z8MA5.png
Oh, the comment section is once again on fire about everything is ruined and devs don't appreciate the gamers "hard work" here enough. Great.
Oh, the comment section is once again on fire about everything is ruined and devs don't appreciate the gamers "hard work" here enough. Great.
Oh my god
Oh my god
tumblr_inline_ofoo1nIpQn1tfmvub_100.png
[quote name="Rookery" date="2018-08-22 17:45:46" ] Oh my God, the resulting drama would be through the roof. Maybe they should make an exception with retired items from 2013-2014. We already have recolors of the sprites, so it'd only be fair. [/quote] @Rookery This. We do have recolors which I assume were designed to provide a substitute for these overly expensive retired items in the first place. Maybe releasing [i]one[/i] light sprite would be ok since they are, to be fair, very expensive. But I wouldn't be comfortable with any more than one. And honestly even that much makes me rather nervous. I really like the overall concept of this update and I hope it is successful. I know the staff has good judgment when it comes to user feedback, but the market can be extremely hard to predict. And once they release an item back into it, if it does turn out to have an undesired impact, they can't take the item back. I'm just advising caution, I really do like this update and I want to see how it evolves.
Rookery wrote on 2018-08-22 17:45:46:
Oh my God, the resulting drama would be through the roof. Maybe they should make an exception with retired items from 2013-2014. We already have recolors of the sprites, so it'd only be fair.
@Rookery
This. We do have recolors which I assume were designed to provide a substitute for these overly expensive retired items in the first place.
Maybe releasing one light sprite would be ok since they are, to be fair, very expensive. But I wouldn't be comfortable with any more than one. And honestly even that much makes me rather nervous.

I really like the overall concept of this update and I hope it is successful. I know the staff has good judgment when it comes to user feedback, but the market can be extremely hard to predict. And once they release an item back into it, if it does turn out to have an undesired impact, they can't take the item back.

I'm just advising caution, I really do like this update and I want to see how it evolves.
JQCpKiY.giftumblr_p428paQOgy1x5ha76o3_r1_400.png0Srkgnv.gif

oJznFHE.pngw1D3UIp.png0hyMzkb.pngA5GvKXK.png
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 109 110