Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Ceremony 2016
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 39 40
I'm so sorry but I'm gonna have to pass on everything from this fest save for some skins (pretty good assortment here actually, considering there weren't very many entries!). IMO the rocks in the apparel and the vista don't look very rock-like. The vista ones look a little too 'gooey' and the apparel one looks too fluffy or blobby - or as Natakiro said "mashed potatoes" <- that describes them perfectly haha. They're missing the sharpness those types of rocks should have (like seen here).

I know I'm always pretty critical in my festival comments, but as an artist, sometimes it's a bit of a let-down to see art issues on site (ie the fire goblin standing on his own tail, or the impossible placement of the logs under baldwin's brewing pot lol ).

I DO hope people enjoy the festival though and I do hope that FR artists don't take these kinds of critiques as a jab at their work because that's not the intent.
I'm so sorry but I'm gonna have to pass on everything from this fest save for some skins (pretty good assortment here actually, considering there weren't very many entries!). IMO the rocks in the apparel and the vista don't look very rock-like. The vista ones look a little too 'gooey' and the apparel one looks too fluffy or blobby - or as Natakiro said "mashed potatoes" <- that describes them perfectly haha. They're missing the sharpness those types of rocks should have (like seen here).

I know I'm always pretty critical in my festival comments, but as an artist, sometimes it's a bit of a let-down to see art issues on site (ie the fire goblin standing on his own tail, or the impossible placement of the logs under baldwin's brewing pot lol ).

I DO hope people enjoy the festival though and I do hope that FR artists don't take these kinds of critiques as a jab at their work because that's not the intent.
4QvO8UY.png
Howdy, my name is Ace!
They/Them, He/Him

• Artist
• Old and Tired™
• Might take a bit to respond but pings and PMs are always welcome!
No imperial skins again?? :(
No imperial skins again?? :(
item_tales_of_terror_by_dogi_crimson-daezvb4.gif FeAvgNm.pngitem_tiny_feathers_by_dogi_crimson-da7g5dn.gif
Lots of nice skins and accents, cool visa and fantastic goblin!!

Gotta agree with many about the apparel though..the rock parts need to be sharper, and the pyrite in such large uniformed cubes looks odd. Rough cut gemstones embedded in the pauldrons would've looked cooler and matched the old apparel a bit more (well aside from the fluffy hat..)
Lots of nice skins and accents, cool visa and fantastic goblin!!

Gotta agree with many about the apparel though..the rock parts need to be sharper, and the pyrite in such large uniformed cubes looks odd. Rough cut gemstones embedded in the pauldrons would've looked cooler and matched the old apparel a bit more (well aside from the fluffy hat..)
HHV3ZfK.png
honorable mention OMGGGGGG *-*
I'M SO HAPPY! Thank youuuu <3
x3
honorable mention OMGGGGGG *-*
I'M SO HAPPY! Thank youuuu <3
x3
fkWjutW.png
6KQB58c.png
rix3ppo.png
UU9vIu2.png
nWiQNX9.png

ycazVXL.png

qY8shmQ.png
MUYNhfy.png
oaolHwW.png
hZipXGO.png
YMPbu9R.png
Happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony!
<3
<3
+3 Flight rising time
Yya65zH.png sNz2pxJ.pngYya65zH.png cats by dovalore
[quote name="AceZaslavsky" date=2016-11-27 11:25:42] I'm so sorry but I'm gonna have to pass on everything from this fest save for some skins (pretty good assortment here actually, considering there weren't very many entries!). IMO the rocks in the apparel and the vista don't look very rock-like. The vista ones look like a little too 'gooey' and the apparel one looks too fluffy or blobby - or as Natakiro said "mashed potatoes" <- that describes them perfectly haha. They're missing the sharpness those types of rocks should have (like seen here). I know I'm always pretty critical in my festival comments, but as an artist, sometimes it's a bit of a let-down to see art issues on site (ie the fire goblin standing on his own tail, or the impossible placement of the logs under baldwin's brewing pot lol ). I DO hope people enjoy the festival though and I do hope that FR artists don't take these kinds of critiques as a jab at their work because that's not the intent. [/quote] you mean it looks more like minerals, right?
AceZaslavsky wrote on 2016-11-27:
I'm so sorry but I'm gonna have to pass on everything from this fest save for some skins (pretty good assortment here actually, considering there weren't very many entries!). IMO the rocks in the apparel and the vista don't look very rock-like. The vista ones look like a little too 'gooey' and the apparel one looks too fluffy or blobby - or as Natakiro said "mashed potatoes" <- that describes them perfectly haha. They're missing the sharpness those types of rocks should have (like seen here).

you mean it looks more like minerals, right?
DmRdZYl.png
PQznZys.png
I'm not a fan of the main apparel this time around, but I'm also not a fan of the large amount of negativity it's getting. It is possible to critique a piece of art without being downright rude.

On the other hand, I LOVE the goblin (as usual), I love that the vista sports some gemstones along with rock, and these skins / accents are astounding!! @terrawah, @Alia77, @Efsher, and @flowerfalls, I love your guys' entries especially. <3 You all deserved your win!

Have a smashing Rockbreaker's Ceremony, everyone! I'm off to farm the Boreal Wood while those turkeys are still lurking about. ;)
I'm not a fan of the main apparel this time around, but I'm also not a fan of the large amount of negativity it's getting. It is possible to critique a piece of art without being downright rude.

On the other hand, I LOVE the goblin (as usual), I love that the vista sports some gemstones along with rock, and these skins / accents are astounding!! @terrawah, @Alia77, @Efsher, and @flowerfalls, I love your guys' entries especially. <3 You all deserved your win!

Have a smashing Rockbreaker's Ceremony, everyone! I'm off to farm the Boreal Wood while those turkeys are still lurking about. ;)
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@Alphaeon thank you very much!

happy rockbreakers !
@Alphaeon thank you very much!

happy rockbreakers !
@Alphaeon
Aw, thank you so much!!
Happy Rockbreakers <3
@Alphaeon
Aw, thank you so much!!
Happy Rockbreakers <3
Aesherah