Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 189 190
okay this update was cool the swipp thing is still mostly Colosseum based which is good and all but still questionable but new sorcerer stuff awesome
okay this update was cool the swipp thing is still mostly Colosseum based which is good and all but still questionable but new sorcerer stuff awesome
i just read the tooltip for the crystal ball and i just.
i just read the tooltip for the crystal ball and i just.
afef61a686.png
[quote name="PinkWater" date=2015-12-20 14:31:13] Am I the only one who thinks the admins have selective hearing? 'Let's fix NotN by adding more stuff to it and making it even hader to get!' I hate to be a naysayer here, but this is just like last year, except with more junk. The new apparel/familiars are cool, but I'm still puzzled as to why NotN is even a thing. Nocs are already in circulation, so why not just retire this holiday entirely? It's way too deep into the holidays and people have too much stuff to do to be sitting on FR and grinding for hours on end with nothing to show for it. What happened to the 'no holidays during December' rule back in 2013? Why couldn't this be during the last two weeks of February, Shadow's holiday month? The coatls and WCs didn't get holidays like this when they were released, so what makes the Nocs stand out so much for this to be a yearly thing? I plan on getting some of the familiars and apparel just because I want to, but I guarantee you I will not be sitting around grinding for a lucky shot at getting anything. I'd rather just scope out the Auction House. [/quote] This is also my opinion on the state of the event. While I really enjoy the familiars, if I take a step back and look at the event as a whole it doesn't really feel like it should be something that is repeated yearly. Let alone /right/ on Christmas week. : / It's more of a rehashed Halloween event than something that should take place where it does. Perhaps this could be re-worked into an event that introduces new breeds? I've seen that suggestion somewhere before and I found it quite interesting and constructive. Anyway, nocturnes having a one time limited release made sense to me and was a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to complain about the drop rates of the scrolls and eggs because even IF rare during their first introduction, they are now flooded in the marketplace a year later just like any other dragon... Honestly the rarity of dragons at this point doesn't really matter concerning any of them will eventually be bred out until they are cheap to obtain. But that's beside the current point I am making. I feel personally like this event is no longer necessary to repeat, the fiasco with repeating familiars that were intended to be retired from previous holidays is already a little strangely handled. Not to mention (again) people were upset enough about the Christmas interference that Ice's holiday was moved, but then THIS event is three times the work. It never made sense to me... That said, I appreciate that you're trying to make changes and work things out for everyone and I wish no ill will. You've got a lot of things going on at once, staff and thank you for hearing our collective feedback.
PinkWater wrote on 2015-12-20:
Am I the only one who thinks the admins have selective hearing? 'Let's fix NotN by adding more stuff to it and making it even hader to get!' I hate to be a naysayer here, but this is just like last year, except with more junk. The new apparel/familiars are cool, but I'm still puzzled as to why NotN is even a thing. Nocs are already in circulation, so why not just retire this holiday entirely? It's way too deep into the holidays and people have too much stuff to do to be sitting on FR and grinding for hours on end with nothing to show for it. What happened to the 'no holidays during December' rule back in 2013? Why couldn't this be during the last two weeks of February, Shadow's holiday month?

The coatls and WCs didn't get holidays like this when they were released, so what makes the Nocs stand out so much for this to be a yearly thing? I plan on getting some of the familiars and apparel just because I want to, but I guarantee you I will not be sitting around grinding for a lucky shot at getting anything. I'd rather just scope out the Auction House.

This is also my opinion on the state of the event. While I really enjoy the familiars, if I take a step back and look at the event as a whole it doesn't really feel like it should be something that is repeated yearly. Let alone /right/ on Christmas week. : / It's more of a rehashed Halloween event than something that should take place where it does. Perhaps this could be re-worked into an event that introduces new breeds? I've seen that suggestion somewhere before and I found it quite interesting and constructive.

Anyway, nocturnes having a one time limited release made sense to me and was a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to complain about the drop rates of the scrolls and eggs because even IF rare during their first introduction, they are now flooded in the marketplace a year later just like any other dragon... Honestly the rarity of dragons at this point doesn't really matter concerning any of them will eventually be bred out until they are cheap to obtain. But that's beside the current point I am making.

I feel personally like this event is no longer necessary to repeat, the fiasco with repeating familiars that were intended to be retired from previous holidays is already a little strangely handled. Not to mention (again) people were upset enough about the Christmas interference that Ice's holiday was moved, but then THIS event is three times the work. It never made sense to me...

That said, I appreciate that you're trying to make changes and work things out for everyone and I wish no ill will. You've got a lot of things going on at once, staff and thank you for hearing our collective feedback.
i grinded in the coli for 4 hours and i got 1 chest
i grinded in the coli for 4 hours and i got 1 chest
C9tplWp.png
[img][/img]C9tplWp.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/sL0w8Qq.png
Q5azfaV.jpg 9jfPi6A.png
http://frecolors.tumblr.com/archive
Gah! I've gotten five chests so far and I got the same two familiars twice! (and then an old bear familiar)

Gimme the good stuff, chests! xD
Gah! I've gotten five chests so far and I got the same two familiars twice! (and then an old bear familiar)

Gimme the good stuff, chests! xD
tumblr_n79qifkfMk1royuq2o1_500.gif
Need an Arcane nest? PM me! I always have some open~
I will never get over these gorgeous transparent-ish cloaks. @ _ @
So pretty. So fab. ♥
I will never get over these gorgeous transparent-ish cloaks. @ _ @
So pretty. So fab. ♥
QFMsHc3.png
Thanks so much for this update!!
Thanks so much for this update!!
spacespspace 339c11633819d043625be4377a0109aecaddcd47.png INSERT TEXT HERE

3dcd0a0f8f30d7e047499bd3dfc49287625e9622.png
are the chests supposed to give only one item now though? that doesn't seem too fun :(
are the chests supposed to give only one item now though? that doesn't seem too fun :(
Grinded six hours again. I have NO chest to show. Nothing. Grinded in waterway, in the arena, in the mire.
Sorry to say that, but FR Staff fixed it to death.
Grinded six hours again. I have NO chest to show. Nothing. Grinded in waterway, in the arena, in the mire.
Sorry to say that, but FR Staff fixed it to death.
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
This is my first NotN and I'm pretty happy! Loving the event! Got an egg, too :D If only I could get my hands on one of those flying book familiars...
This is my first NotN and I'm pretty happy! Loving the event! Got an egg, too :D If only I could get my hands on one of those flying book familiars...
lightanim1.gif
ANGELICAL • 26 • THEY/SHE

ART COMMISSIONS|FREE CODES
light.png15585.pnglightshieldr.png
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 189 190