Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 189 190
So which sprite usually drops which loot? Any help on that?
So which sprite usually drops which loot? Any help on that?
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
@Lilian @Skyure
Sorry if what I said offended/hurt you, it was never my intention.

I do agree that Coli's drop rates are ridiculous. Today fared better, but yesterday I spent 3 hours in the Arena before getting a chest.

With that said - I still do believe that Swipp and Baldwin are a great help for the event. Yeah, they still require stuff you get from Coli, but personally I find that everything they need drops pretty quickly, including mimic powder. I do have to admit, however, that I am saying this from the perspective of a person who not only doesn't mind, but actually enjoys Coli grinding.

I'm still going to disagree with the argument that you are forced to participate if you want all the Familiars - many of them are already down to 25-40kT on AH, and I'm pretty sure the price will only fall. (Man, the undercutting is real. I was kind of shocked when I checked those prices!) The biggest problem is if you were counting for a Noc Egg, but you still have almost two weeks of gathering ahead of you.

I simply believe it's good to have a border between FR and real life. I for one am only 100% active for the event today, because as a Uni student I'm spending Christmas buried in books.

Again, I apologize if what I'm saying comes off as rude or hurtful. I'm bad at expressing myself. orz

PS: Here is a helpful guide for you, Skyure!
@Lilian @Skyure

I do agree that Coli's drop rates are ridiculous. Today fared better, but yesterday I spent 3 hours in the Arena before getting a chest.

With that said - I still do believe that Swipp and Baldwin are a great help for the event. Yeah, they still require stuff you get from Coli, but personally I find that everything they need drops pretty quickly, including mimic powder. I do have to admit, however, that I am saying this from the perspective of a person who not only doesn't mind, but actually enjoys Coli grinding.

I'm still going to disagree with the argument that you are forced to participate if you want all the Familiars - many of them are already down to 25-40kT on AH, and I'm pretty sure the price will only fall. (Man, the undercutting is real. I was kind of shocked when I checked those prices!) The biggest problem is if you were counting for a Noc Egg, but you still have almost two weeks of gathering ahead of you.

I simply believe it's good to have a border between FR and real life. I for one am only 100% active for the event today, because as a Uni student I'm spending Christmas buried in books.

Again, I apologize if what I'm saying comes off as rude or hurtful. I'm bad at expressing myself. orz

VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
@Skyure

I think there's a guide on it.
@Skyure

I think there's a guide on it.
@Skyure

This link might help you ^^.

@Neffi
Yeah I know what you mean. The problem is that with the amount of familiars and apparel that has been released for this event, spending an average of 30k per familiar and apparel is definitely not fun, at all. Specially for someone like me who tries their hardest to save money for expansions.

Of course the prices are going to drop, but it's still a bummer to have to buy the new items from the AH when there are so.damn.many.things to buy. It will leave an uncomfortable hole in our pockets no matter what -.-'.
@Skyure

This link might help you ^^.

@Neffi
Yeah I know what you mean. The problem is that with the amount of familiars and apparel that has been released for this event, spending an average of 30k per familiar and apparel is definitely not fun, at all. Specially for someone like me who tries their hardest to save money for expansions.

Of course the prices are going to drop, but it's still a bummer to have to buy the new items from the AH when there are so.damn.many.things to buy. It will leave an uncomfortable hole in our pockets no matter what -.-'.
ssjS89N.png
I haven't encountered any mimic monsters for an hour? I've tried all the venues for at least 15 rounds. I was in the arena for 30 minutes and no mimic monster appeared?
It was much different yesterday, I got a lot of the mirrors appear in the arena.
I haven't encountered any mimic monsters for an hour? I've tried all the venues for at least 15 rounds. I was in the arena for 30 minutes and no mimic monster appeared?
It was much different yesterday, I got a lot of the mirrors appear in the arena.
Huh, 2 chests within an hour? Must be my lucky day.
Huh, 2 chests within an hour? Must be my lucky day.
tumblr_inline_ot7n31p9oq1soemy4_540.png

- +8 fr time
[quote name="Lilian" date=2015-12-21 07:12:01] I appreciate the new Swipp trades, but like others have pointed out, this still does not fix the real problem of this event, with is the absurd drop rates at coliseum. I'm disappointed to see no word from the staff on this situation yet with the amount of complaints this issue has got already. [quote name="Neffi" date=2015-12-21 04:42:17] @Artnerd It's a pixel Dragon game, no one's forcing you to participate. You're more than welcome to spend time with your family and just buy NotN stuff from AH. [/quote] Please never use an argument like this. I more than anyone absolutely [i]hate[/i] coligrinding and if it was up to me I'd never even touch such a tedious game, because my main focus in this site is collecting and dressing up pretty dragons. However, this is an event introducing a LOT of new familiars and apparel, all of which I can only get via coligrinding during a limited amount of time. And that includes the Baldwin and Swipp strange chests, because in order to get those you need to coligrind for the materials. And let's face it, nobody here wants to buy the new, limited stuff from the AH with those extra expensive prices, not everyone is able to do that with the insane amount of apparel and familiars we just got. That would cost us a LOT of treasure. So yes, in a way those who don't enjoy this are forced to play the game because we want the new items. It's that simple. [/quote] While I am enjoying the new items, I love them. But, the sheer amount if them seems overwhelming. Especially with the drop rates. I can't imagine how the new players are struggling with this. They don't have the treasure to fall back on for this. In the end when I step back it makes it look more like the staff are subtly trying to push players into purchasing gems in order to be able to purchase the items they are not going to be able to gain in time even with grinding over the entire event. Some have been lucky, most have drained their vault savings. The change was I think good, but adding so many new items all at once was a bit of, if not a huge downfall. I love the look, love we got them, but there are 36 familiars, 25 apparel, 8 trinkets, 8 food, plus the powders, the eggs, and the scrolls. 43 of these items come from strange chests. Random drops, from strange chests, This years NotN event has me so frustrated that I don't even want to think about playing flight rising at all. Never mind get my mind in gear for grinding mindlessly forever during this event so I don't miss out on the items. I don't want to dread coming to the site. I really like the game, and love the great community. There are improvements from last year yes, but they went a bit overboard in other areas this year. The staff are trying, I understand that. Perhaps next year, NotN will find proper balance. I will struggle through, between work and family and everything else, [i]hope[/i] to get my sets complete, as well as helping my mom with hers. And come the new year when everything's calmed down, hopefully not hate this game to much to play it anymore.
Lilian wrote on 2015-12-21:
I appreciate the new Swipp trades, but like others have pointed out, this still does not fix the real problem of this event, with is the absurd drop rates at coliseum. I'm disappointed to see no word from the staff on this situation yet with the amount of complaints this issue has got already.

Neffi wrote on 2015-12-21:
@Artnerd
It's a pixel Dragon game, no one's forcing you to participate. You're more than welcome to spend time with your family and just buy NotN stuff from AH.
Please never use an argument like this. I more than anyone absolutely hate coligrinding and if it was up to me I'd never even touch such a tedious game, because my main focus in this site is collecting and dressing up pretty dragons. However, this is an event introducing a LOT of new familiars and apparel, all of which I can only get via coligrinding during a limited amount of time. And that includes the Baldwin and Swipp strange chests, because in order to get those you need to coligrind for the materials.

And let's face it, nobody here wants to buy the new, limited stuff from the AH with those extra expensive prices, not everyone is able to do that with the insane amount of apparel and familiars we just got. That would cost us a LOT of treasure.

So yes, in a way those who don't enjoy this are forced to play the game because we want the new items. It's that simple.

While I am enjoying the new items, I love them. But, the sheer amount if them seems overwhelming. Especially with the drop rates.
I can't imagine how the new players are struggling with this. They don't have the treasure to fall back on for this.

In the end when I step back it makes it look more like the staff are subtly trying to push players into purchasing gems in order to be able to purchase the items they are not going to be able to gain in time even with grinding over the entire event.

Some have been lucky, most have drained their vault savings.
The change was I think good, but adding so many new items all at once was a bit of, if not a huge downfall.

I love the look, love we got them, but there are 36 familiars, 25 apparel, 8 trinkets, 8 food, plus the powders, the eggs, and the scrolls.
43 of these items come from strange chests. Random drops, from strange chests,

This years NotN event has me so frustrated that I don't even want to think about playing flight rising at all. Never mind get my mind in gear for grinding mindlessly forever during this event so I don't miss out on the items.
I don't want to dread coming to the site. I really like the game, and love the great community.

There are improvements from last year yes, but they went a bit overboard in other areas this year. The staff are trying, I understand that. Perhaps next year, NotN will find proper balance.
I will struggle through, between work and family and everything else, hope to get my sets complete, as well as helping my mom with hers.
And come the new year when everything's calmed down, hopefully not hate this game to much to play it anymore.
66ei84J.png
[quote name="Neffi" date=2015-12-21 07:46:06] @Lilian @Skyure Sorry if what I said offended/hurt you, it was never my intention. I do agree that Coli's drop rates are ridiculous. Today fared better, but yesterday I spent 3 hours in the Arena before getting a chest. With that said - I still do believe that Swipp and Baldwin are a great help for the event. Yeah, they still require stuff you get from Coli, but personally I find that everything they need drops pretty quickly, including mimic powder. I do have to admit, however, that I am saying this from the perspective of a person who not only doesn't mind, but actually enjoys Coli grinding. I'm still going to disagree with the argument that you are forced to participate if you want all the Familiars - many of them are already down to 25-40kT on AH, and I'm pretty sure the price will only fall. (Man, the undercutting is real. I was kind of shocked when I checked those prices!) The biggest problem is if you were counting for a Noc Egg, but you still have almost two weeks of gathering ahead of you. I simply believe it's good to have a border between FR and real life. I for one am only 100% active for the event today, because as a Uni student I'm spending Christmas buried in books. Again, I apologize if what I'm saying comes off as rude or hurtful. I'm bad at expressing myself. orz PS: Here is a helpful guide for you, Skyure! [/quote] Thanks for the link, and I'm just ... Tired of grinding. So many hours spent grinding, and nothing to show for it, and ugh *lol* I'm getting cranky with FR right now. And I think the coli just died \o/
@Lilian @Skyure

Thanks for the link, and I'm just ... Tired of grinding. So many hours spent grinding, and nothing to show for it, and ugh *lol* I'm getting cranky with FR right now.

And I think the coli just died \o/
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
Now Coli has totally crashed, at least for me.
Now Coli has totally crashed, at least for me.
[quote name="AberDaKitty" date=2015-12-21 07:57:30] [quote name="Lilian" date=2015-12-21 07:12:01] I appreciate the new Swipp trades, but like others have pointed out, this still does not fix the real problem of this event, with is the absurd drop rates at coliseum. I'm disappointed to see no word from the staff on this situation yet with the amount of complaints this issue has got already. [quote name="Neffi" date=2015-12-21 04:42:17] @Artnerd It's a pixel Dragon game, no one's forcing you to participate. You're more than welcome to spend time with your family and just buy NotN stuff from AH. [/quote] Please never use an argument like this. I more than anyone absolutely [i]hate[/i] coligrinding and if it was up to me I'd never even touch such a tedious game, because my main focus in this site is collecting and dressing up pretty dragons. However, this is an event introducing a LOT of new familiars and apparel, all of which I can only get via coligrinding during a limited amount of time. And that includes the Baldwin and Swipp strange chests, because in order to get those you need to coligrind for the materials. And let's face it, nobody here wants to buy the new, limited stuff from the AH with those extra expensive prices, not everyone is able to do that with the insane amount of apparel and familiars we just got. That would cost us a LOT of treasure. So yes, in a way those who don't enjoy this are forced to play the game because we want the new items. It's that simple. [/quote] While I am enjoying the new items, I love them. But, the sheer amount if them seems overwhelming. Especially with the drop rates. I can't imagine how the new players are struggling with this. They don't have the treasure to fall back on for this. In the end when I step back it makes it look more like the staff are subtly trying to push players into purchasing gems in order to be able to purchase the items they are not going to be able to gain in time even with grinding over the entire event. Some have been lucky, most have drained their vault savings. The change was I think good, but adding so many new items all at once was a bit of, if not a huge downfall. I love the look, love we got them, but there are 36 familiars, 25 apparel, 8 trinkets, 8 food, plus the powders, the eggs, and the scrolls. 43 of these items come from strange chests. Random drops, from strange chests, This years NotN event has me so frustrated that I don't even want to think about playing flight rising at all. Never mind get my mind in gear for grinding mindlessly forever during this event so I don't miss out on the items. I don't want to dread coming to the site. I really like the game, and love the great community. There are improvements from last year yes, but they went a bit overboard in other areas this year. The staff are trying, I understand that. Perhaps next year, NotN will find proper balance. I will struggle through, between work and family and everything else, [i]hope[/i] to get my sets complete, as well as helping my mom with hers. And come the new year when everything's calmed down, hopefully not hate this game to much to play it anymore. [/quote] I feel like the staff knew exactly what they were doing. This mistake of low drop rates has happened way too many times. If this becomes a site where people who can't buy gems can't get anywhere with anything, I'll most likely be leaving. Not everyone can afford unnecessary things, especially when a lot of us have to pay a shipping fee.... for digital money... that I do not understand. In my house, groceries come usually only once every other week, so near the end of the second week we start to get low on food. Thankfully we're not too bad off, but this just goes to show that I can't afford to buy stupid pixel gems for pretty pixel items.
AberDaKitty wrote on 2015-12-21:
Lilian wrote on 2015-12-21:
I appreciate the new Swipp trades, but like others have pointed out, this still does not fix the real problem of this event, with is the absurd drop rates at coliseum. I'm disappointed to see no word from the staff on this situation yet with the amount of complaints this issue has got already.

@Artnerd
It's a pixel Dragon game, no one's forcing you to participate. You're more than welcome to spend time with your family and just buy NotN stuff from AH.
Please never use an argument like this. I more than anyone absolutely hate coligrinding and if it was up to me I'd never even touch such a tedious game, because my main focus in this site is collecting and dressing up pretty dragons. However, this is an event introducing a LOT of new familiars and apparel, all of which I can only get via coligrinding during a limited amount of time. And that includes the Baldwin and Swipp strange chests, because in order to get those you need to coligrind for the materials.

And let's face it, nobody here wants to buy the new, limited stuff from the AH with those extra expensive prices, not everyone is able to do that with the insane amount of apparel and familiars we just got. That would cost us a LOT of treasure.

So yes, in a way those who don't enjoy this are forced to play the game because we want the new items. It's that simple.

While I am enjoying the new items, I love them. But, the sheer amount if them seems overwhelming. Especially with the drop rates.
I can't imagine how the new players are struggling with this. They don't have the treasure to fall back on for this.

In the end when I step back it makes it look more like the staff are subtly trying to push players into purchasing gems in order to be able to purchase the items they are not going to be able to gain in time even with grinding over the entire event.

Some have been lucky, most have drained their vault savings.
The change was I think good, but adding so many new items all at once was a bit of, if not a huge downfall.

I love the look, love we got them, but there are 36 familiars, 25 apparel, 8 trinkets, 8 food, plus the powders, the eggs, and the scrolls.
43 of these items come from strange chests. Random drops, from strange chests,

This years NotN event has me so frustrated that I don't even want to think about playing flight rising at all. Never mind get my mind in gear for grinding mindlessly forever during this event so I don't miss out on the items.
I don't want to dread coming to the site. I really like the game, and love the great community.

There are improvements from last year yes, but they went a bit overboard in other areas this year. The staff are trying, I understand that. Perhaps next year, NotN will find proper balance.
I will struggle through, between work and family and everything else, hope to get my sets complete, as well as helping my mom with hers.
And come the new year when everything's calmed down, hopefully not hate this game to much to play it anymore.

I feel like the staff knew exactly what they were doing. This mistake of low drop rates has happened way too many times. If this becomes a site where people who can't buy gems can't get anywhere with anything, I'll most likely be leaving. Not everyone can afford unnecessary things, especially when a lot of us have to pay a shipping fee.... for digital money... that I do not understand.
In my house, groceries come usually only once every other week, so near the end of the second week we start to get low on food. Thankfully we're not too bad off, but this just goes to show that I can't afford to buy stupid pixel gems for pretty pixel items.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 189 190