Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 366 367 368 369 370 ... 451 452
@Onyxsoulclaw

You can find the eggs through Scavenging as well.
@Onyxsoulclaw

You can find the eggs through Scavenging as well.
Tried that for 3 days (been away of xmas) and nothing yet, I hope they extend the deadline for another week or so , giving new players and old a better chance at this , so many people have been away and will come back to this.
Tried that for 3 days (been away of xmas) and nothing yet, I hope they extend the deadline for another week or so , giving new players and old a better chance at this , so many people have been away and will come back to this.
[quote]Personally - and this is obviously just personally - I think chests should *only* drop if there's a familiar, scroll, or egg inside, and that the food, and junk items, should be in-Coli-loot when you defeat Mimics. Kind of like when everyone was trying to get a Woodland Turkey familiar - everyone understood in a kind of solidarity that you'd get a bazillion turkey dinners (usually) before a familiar came along.[/quote] This, I really like this idea. That, or as other users suggested, make the chest drop rate lower but the egg rate the tiniest bit higher. So far this event has gotten mixed reviews and outside of being patient there isn't much to be done. It lasts for awhile, which is great! Seems abit silly for things to expire though. All in all I am just happy we got a new species! About to go try digging again, yesterday I had no luck and didn't get a single chest but hopefully today will be different! Edit: Tried Fire today, got seven chests.
Quote:
Personally - and this is obviously just personally - I think chests should *only* drop if there's a familiar, scroll, or egg inside, and that the food, and junk items, should be in-Coli-loot when you defeat Mimics. Kind of like when everyone was trying to get a Woodland Turkey familiar - everyone understood in a kind of solidarity that you'd get a bazillion turkey dinners (usually) before a familiar came along.

This, I really like this idea. That, or as other users suggested, make the chest drop rate lower but the egg rate the tiniest bit higher.

So far this event has gotten mixed reviews and outside of being patient there isn't much to be done. It lasts for awhile, which is great! Seems abit silly for things to expire though. All in all I am just happy we got a new species! About to go try digging again, yesterday I had no luck and didn't get a single chest but hopefully today will be different!

Edit: Tried Fire today, got seven chests.
I do believe there should be changes to the next festival like this. Adding a new breed makes people freak because it's so awesome! But having chests with so little drop rates make things difficult for people who don't have a lot of treasure and gems. What about the newest batch of players? They don't have much at all to start out with. Not to mention the rate at which items are dropping seem to be getting lower.

I gathered four eggs through 3000+ chests, the other eggs I had to buy through the market. I bought a scroll when they were 5k gems, but now they're 9k! If anything, I think the scrolls should be released in the gem marketplace at the very least. Or both marketplaces. That way they are in bountiful supply and people who are unlucky enough to not have found one in chests, can find one through the market. c:
I do believe there should be changes to the next festival like this. Adding a new breed makes people freak because it's so awesome! But having chests with so little drop rates make things difficult for people who don't have a lot of treasure and gems. What about the newest batch of players? They don't have much at all to start out with. Not to mention the rate at which items are dropping seem to be getting lower.

I gathered four eggs through 3000+ chests, the other eggs I had to buy through the market. I bought a scroll when they were 5k gems, but now they're 9k! If anything, I think the scrolls should be released in the gem marketplace at the very least. Or both marketplaces. That way they are in bountiful supply and people who are unlucky enough to not have found one in chests, can find one through the market. c:
"Oakenshield has weighed the value of your life, and found it worth NOTHING."
s4ood4.gif
I really doubt that is going to happen, though. As much as I would like to see them be easier to obtain. ): I really want to get one for my best friend, but It's so hard to get my hands on another one that I don't know how it's going to happen without breeding the boy and girl that I have. But that is going to take a long time considering they were babies, and it takes 30 days for them to be able to breed. They won't even have any good genes or anything because I'm still trying to save up. Dx At least Kash is an adult now.
I really doubt that is going to happen, though. As much as I would like to see them be easier to obtain. ): I really want to get one for my best friend, but It's so hard to get my hands on another one that I don't know how it's going to happen without breeding the boy and girl that I have. But that is going to take a long time considering they were babies, and it takes 30 days for them to be able to breed. They won't even have any good genes or anything because I'm still trying to save up. Dx At least Kash is an adult now.
tumblr_inline_nrj53lAKh41rbfe8q_500_zpsqiquog40.gif
So personally I have had my number of chests drop - at the beginning of the event I got 30-45 chests per day via digging, whereas now I'm lucky to get 10. HOWEVER in the same breath, I have been extremely lucky in that from those chests I got two nocturne eggs! Since I'm normally not very lucky I was extremely excited! I can't speak for coil drops since I'm without internet (I've been working from my phone and therefore can gather but cannot play coli). While I do think that a major boon in activity should have been anticipated and prepared for at the beginning, all in all I do think that this is a great event (and not even only because I got lucky this time around!) of course people are going to be disappointed when they don't get one of the rare items for the event, but unfortunately when rare breeds and items are what's being advertised, we would feel jipped if 'the drop rate was just a LITTLE higher!' Or if 'they were just a LITTLE easier to get!' Personally, I like the breed and aside from the service hiccups I think it has largely been well done! My only other complaint would be the previously mentioned issue of users seeing chests as always being valuable whereas in this event they usually contain junk.
So personally I have had my number of chests drop - at the beginning of the event I got 30-45 chests per day via digging, whereas now I'm lucky to get 10. HOWEVER in the same breath, I have been extremely lucky in that from those chests I got two nocturne eggs! Since I'm normally not very lucky I was extremely excited! I can't speak for coil drops since I'm without internet (I've been working from my phone and therefore can gather but cannot play coli). While I do think that a major boon in activity should have been anticipated and prepared for at the beginning, all in all I do think that this is a great event (and not even only because I got lucky this time around!) of course people are going to be disappointed when they don't get one of the rare items for the event, but unfortunately when rare breeds and items are what's being advertised, we would feel jipped if 'the drop rate was just a LITTLE higher!' Or if 'they were just a LITTLE easier to get!' Personally, I like the breed and aside from the service hiccups I think it has largely been well done! My only other complaint would be the previously mentioned issue of users seeing chests as always being valuable whereas in this event they usually contain junk.
I don't know if it's a good place to post it here but I need help ;_;

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz&id=1297983

One scroll needed. Just one. I will pay in all I have and I give the buyer/donator free crystal/facet/spines or smoke nocturne hatchling of his/her choice.
I don't know if it's a good place to post it here but I need help ;_;

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz&id=1297983

One scroll needed. Just one. I will pay in all I have and I give the buyer/donator free crystal/facet/spines or smoke nocturne hatchling of his/her choice.
dcnbx5o-c6076903-1a8c-47c9-a5b5-07cf815c85ed.png • Shemei
• Tentacle Queen
Art Shop
DeviantArt
Secati
ToyHouse
My rate of chests found digging has been all over the place. I got zero the first day despite additional turns. I have three level 25's that I've been grinding in the Arena, and I've opened probably a thousand chests so far. Yesterday I opened some 300 without an egg, but today out of 130 or so chests, I got two eggs. (It took me maybe 2.5 hours to collect the chests. I can one-hit Eliminate anything in the Arena.)

I've gotten a total of three eggs, all the fake familiars (some in duplicate or triplicate) and a handful of festival familiars.

I find the drop rate from digging to be more or less in keeping with the festival currency rate. Some days I win, some days I lose.

I'd love to get a scroll, but if I don't, I'm not blaming admins. I'm happy with the drop rate, and I'm fine with the chest contents. I can always use more food.

This is a game. There's nothing about the game or about life to suggest everyone is entitled to the same stuff. If you have proper tools (like a good coli team) and time to work the game, or if you happen to get lucky, you get stuff. Some people get very cool stuff, some people get kinda cool stuff, some people get not-so-cool stuff. Some people don't have tools, time, OR luck, and they get only a little stuff.

C'est la vie.

I'm sad they chose this timing to introduce a new breed because now I have beautiful crystal/facet babies I can't sell, but I'm not accusing the admins of being "unfair." It happens. I'll be more conservative next time I'm tempted to gem-gene dragons. I won't gene my Nocturnes at all until they're ready to breed and I'm sure those are the ones I'll be breeding. *shrug*

To me, the site is fun. I play because I have fun, whether it's grinding in the coli, or planning out dragons, or breeding beautiful babies that for months and months have only been sell-able as exalt fodder.
My rate of chests found digging has been all over the place. I got zero the first day despite additional turns. I have three level 25's that I've been grinding in the Arena, and I've opened probably a thousand chests so far. Yesterday I opened some 300 without an egg, but today out of 130 or so chests, I got two eggs. (It took me maybe 2.5 hours to collect the chests. I can one-hit Eliminate anything in the Arena.)

I've gotten a total of three eggs, all the fake familiars (some in duplicate or triplicate) and a handful of festival familiars.

I find the drop rate from digging to be more or less in keeping with the festival currency rate. Some days I win, some days I lose.

I'd love to get a scroll, but if I don't, I'm not blaming admins. I'm happy with the drop rate, and I'm fine with the chest contents. I can always use more food.

This is a game. There's nothing about the game or about life to suggest everyone is entitled to the same stuff. If you have proper tools (like a good coli team) and time to work the game, or if you happen to get lucky, you get stuff. Some people get very cool stuff, some people get kinda cool stuff, some people get not-so-cool stuff. Some people don't have tools, time, OR luck, and they get only a little stuff.

C'est la vie.

I'm sad they chose this timing to introduce a new breed because now I have beautiful crystal/facet babies I can't sell, but I'm not accusing the admins of being "unfair." It happens. I'll be more conservative next time I'm tempted to gem-gene dragons. I won't gene my Nocturnes at all until they're ready to breed and I'm sure those are the ones I'll be breeding. *shrug*

To me, the site is fun. I play because I have fun, whether it's grinding in the coli, or planning out dragons, or breeding beautiful babies that for months and months have only been sell-able as exalt fodder.
FBb49Y6.png
I got a Nocturne egg at the very end of the 65+ chests I was hoarding and it was the second day of the start of the festival. The site also died and was tremendously slow. I tried to get a second egg for a friend of mine because one Nocturne was enough for me and she really wanted one but I had no luck.
I got a Nocturne egg at the very end of the 65+ chests I was hoarding and it was the second day of the start of the festival. The site also died and was tremendously slow. I tried to get a second egg for a friend of mine because one Nocturne was enough for me and she really wanted one but I had no luck.
The site is freezing down again from the lag and it's barely 3.5k people online.
The site is freezing down again from the lag and it's barely 3.5k people online.
1 2 ... 366 367 368 369 370 ... 451 452