Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.0] ~~¤
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 105 106
Uhhh @Oranitha I moved to my laptop today and everything is displaying as green and pink? Including all the new seeds I earn? I'm pretty sure the seed swap plants didn't look like this yesterday lol. [img]https://i.imgur.com/cmNhgiO.png[/img] Same browser, same adblock on both. (Firefox+ublock origin) Not a big deal to me as I'm not normally on this laptop but. Strange.
Uhhh @Oranitha I moved to my laptop today and everything is displaying as green and pink? Including all the new seeds I earn? I'm pretty sure the seed swap plants didn't look like this yesterday lol.

cmNhgiO.png

Same browser, same adblock on both. (Firefox+ublock origin) Not a big deal to me as I'm not normally on this laptop but. Strange.
The_Aether_Orchard
made one for the contest from an oldie fodder rescue, Jade [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1028709069311184916/1028712503724752987/unknown.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39335948][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/393360/39335948_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
made one for the contest from an oldie fodder rescue, Jade
unknown.png

39335948_350.png
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
@teddy2008 Oh that's wild, those are the exact plant bases I'm seeing in the swap, just in the wrong colours. Incidentally, that's the exact same colour set that pops up if you accidentally include extra characters when putting a seed in the analyzer.

-

For the conservation set challenges -

Made a green tomato chutney. They were all green as frost approached, because we didn't plant any of them--they just manifested in the yard this year, later than ideal. Probably because a local squirrel kept ripping green tomatoes off the plants in previous years, taking 1 single bite and throwing them away, then going back to try the next one because maybe THAT one would be more ripe. It was not.

(I dislike squirrels. Strongly.)
@teddy2008 Oh that's wild, those are the exact plant bases I'm seeing in the swap, just in the wrong colours. Incidentally, that's the exact same colour set that pops up if you accidentally include extra characters when putting a seed in the analyzer.

-

For the conservation set challenges -

Made a green tomato chutney. They were all green as frost approached, because we didn't plant any of them--they just manifested in the yard this year, later than ideal. Probably because a local squirrel kept ripping green tomatoes off the plants in previous years, taking 1 single bite and throwing them away, then going back to try the next one because maybe THAT one would be more ripe. It was not.

(I dislike squirrels. Strongly.)
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
@teddy2008 if you use Brave browser, turn the Brave shields off for the site; the orange shield icon in the upper right.

@/Oranitha and i had a HECK of a time troubleshooting that problem because i thought the pink was normal for like well over a month haha

edit: i see you're using firefox, i missed that bit before. oops! ignore me, then. i haven't used firefox in yeaaaars so i'm useless here
@teddy2008 if you use Brave browser, turn the Brave shields off for the site; the orange shield icon in the upper right.

@/Oranitha and i had a HECK of a time troubleshooting that problem because i thought the pink was normal for like well over a month haha

edit: i see you're using firefox, i missed that bit before. oops! ignore me, then. i haven't used firefox in yeaaaars so i'm useless here
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
@Necralisk Thanks for the suggestion! But I'm on firefox with the same adblock as I always use. I did turn the adblock off, and it didn't help. Maybe I'll much around in the firefox privacy settings and see if anything fixes it.
@Necralisk Thanks for the suggestion! But I'm on firefox with the same adblock as I always use. I did turn the adblock off, and it didn't help. Maybe I'll much around in the firefox privacy settings and see if anything fixes it.
The_Aether_Orchard
@teddy2008 could it be a version mismatch? i did try firefox when i was having issues and i had the same problem there. i dunno tho
@teddy2008 could it be a version mismatch? i did try firefox when i was having issues and i had the same problem there. i dunno tho
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
@teddy2008 I can identify what's going on! Kind of. Basically, you're seeing the "default" colors of all those bases, sort of the EG equivalent of the dragon mannequins. What's [i]supposed[/i] to happen is the script goes pixel by pixel and checks if each is one of the 12 default colors (4 shades each of green, yellow, and pink, they're hideous). It then swaps each one with its corresponding intended color--for that top-left plant, it'd swap the lightest green with a light gold. What you're getting is deeply weird. The script itself is running (the plants wouldn't be appearing if it wasn't), but something seems to be interfering with how colors are displayed on the canvas. Assuming that screenshot's true to color, the lightest yellow is #fdf3cc -- it should be #fef4cc . They're almost identical to the human eye, basically off by 1 each in their red and green values. Thing is, that's not an image assembled by my script, it's straight off Imgur! You can try ctrl+shift+k, click the "console" tab (second from the left) and reload the seed swap to see if something comes up in red, but I kind of suspect it won't if it really is something interfering with canvas color. Since it's only off by one, I'm not sure if it's a [url=https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1236424]color management[/url] thing, but...seriously why is it off by so little??? what @Frigate PUNPKIBNS also the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/3112071/63#post_52451399]emotions I am experiencing[/url]...indescribable....[sup]I kind of want to showcase it[/sup] also sorry I usually don't comment on contest posts til judging but I don't think this counts so anyways @Xaotician [quote]There are definitely things I would change about the first two but I didn't save the seed lists and don't have it in me to dig through almost [b]1700[/b] of them again today! [/quote] P O W E R
@teddy2008 I can identify what's going on! Kind of.

Basically, you're seeing the "default" colors of all those bases, sort of the EG equivalent of the dragon mannequins. What's supposed to happen is the script goes pixel by pixel and checks if each is one of the 12 default colors (4 shades each of green, yellow, and pink, they're hideous). It then swaps each one with its corresponding intended color--for that top-left plant, it'd swap the lightest green with a light gold.

What you're getting is deeply weird. The script itself is running (the plants wouldn't be appearing if it wasn't), but something seems to be interfering with how colors are displayed on the canvas. Assuming that screenshot's true to color, the lightest yellow is #fdf3cc -- it should be #fef4cc . They're almost identical to the human eye, basically off by 1 each in their red and green values. Thing is, that's not an image assembled by my script, it's straight off Imgur!

You can try ctrl+shift+k, click the "console" tab (second from the left) and reload the seed swap to see if something comes up in red, but I kind of suspect it won't if it really is something interfering with canvas color. Since it's only off by one, I'm not sure if it's a color management thing, but...seriously why is it off by so little??? what

@Frigate PUNPKIBNS

also the emotions I am experiencing...indescribable....I kind of want to showcase it

also sorry I usually don't comment on contest posts til judging but I don't think this counts so anyways @Xaotician
Quote:
There are definitely things I would change about the first two but I didn't save the seed lists and don't have it in me to dig through almost 1700 of them again today!

P O W E R
cL9yafY.gif
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1006736025781010444/1030291881650815046/download.png[/img] Tried out my first garden as a test run, decided to play around with overlays so I could create more depth by making the trees in the background look like they're slightly hazed over.
download.png

Tried out my first garden as a test run, decided to play around with overlays so I could create more depth by making the trees in the background look like they're slightly hazed over.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Color management fixed it!

The console didn't show any errors, as suspected. But setting Firefox's color management preference back to 0 like that link suggests worked. (My default was 2, so maybe the plant images can be... not tagged to be corrected? I don't know what "applied only to tagged image" means.) I am in awe that you managed to find the correct support solution on the first try. You must be a wizard.

So... the colors ended up very slightly wrong because Firefox grabbed the default palette and "color corrected" it, which prevented the colors from being read correctly and replaced.

"Here bud, you're using an inefficient shade of yellow. Take this one instead, which is completely not different in any way, except that it is. Imperceptibly."
Color management fixed it!

The console didn't show any errors, as suspected. But setting Firefox's color management preference back to 0 like that link suggests worked. (My default was 2, so maybe the plant images can be... not tagged to be corrected? I don't know what "applied only to tagged image" means.) I am in awe that you managed to find the correct support solution on the first try. You must be a wizard.

So... the colors ended up very slightly wrong because Firefox grabbed the default palette and "color corrected" it, which prevented the colors from being read correctly and replaced.

"Here bud, you're using an inefficient shade of yellow. Take this one instead, which is completely not different in any way, except that it is. Imperceptibly."
The_Aether_Orchard
@teddy2008 The secret is to always assume it's the most wildly inconvenient thing :D I'd have to agree though. Sadly, there's no way to strip that information script-side, I'd have to do it by going through and editing the image data themselves with pngcrush or something (and re-uploading them to imgur, assuming imgur doesn't tag with profiles...if you're up for it, I'd edit a few and ask you to turn color management back on and tell me what you see) before I get into too much of that, is there any chance this is a fairly old laptop? Trying to figure out if this could be tied more to hardware (and something "correctly" compensating for it) or software (some switch got flipped in the browser someplace else and you ended up with a weird color profile). Either way, gotta wonder how many people have had this problem and quietly stopped using the tool, thinking they had the worst luck in the world...I'm really grateful you brought it up [emoji=familiar heart size=1] At the very least, I might add a "troubleshooting screen" that shows a selection of seeds, the way they should appear, and diagnostic images for the issues we've had thus far (Brave browser and color correction) Speaking of, thanks for stepping in, @Necralisk! It looks like it was a Firefox version issue after all, just a particularly arcane one.
@teddy2008 The secret is to always assume it's the most wildly inconvenient thing :D

I'd have to agree though. Sadly, there's no way to strip that information script-side, I'd have to do it by going through and editing the image data themselves with pngcrush or something (and re-uploading them to imgur, assuming imgur doesn't tag with profiles...if you're up for it, I'd edit a few and ask you to turn color management back on and tell me what you see)

before I get into too much of that, is there any chance this is a fairly old laptop? Trying to figure out if this could be tied more to hardware (and something "correctly" compensating for it) or software (some switch got flipped in the browser someplace else and you ended up with a weird color profile).

Either way, gotta wonder how many people have had this problem and quietly stopped using the tool, thinking they had the worst luck in the world...I'm really grateful you brought it up

At the very least, I might add a "troubleshooting screen" that shows a selection of seeds, the way they should appear, and diagnostic images for the issues we've had thus far (Brave browser and color correction)

Speaking of, thanks for stepping in, @Necralisk! It looks like it was a Firefox version issue after all, just a particularly arcane one.
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 105 106