Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | REMNANTS Adoptables: [Closed]
1 2 ... 173 174 175 176 177 ... 289 290
@CrierNightglori Hmm, that's different from my understanding.

From the front page:
Quote:
1. 2 to 3 elements directly from owned pets.

PROS: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed (PLUS ONE if all their parents are Primes)! Much better chances of traits from parents coming through a breeding. Good chance of Unique traits (not related to parents) showing up!

CONS: 3 month breeding cooldown. Single chance for a breed for each unique combination of 2-3 elements. Lockouts will be noted and will be retained, even if the owners change.

2. Some combo of 2 to 3 elements from either pets or "Stores" from the Ancient Device

PROS: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed! Some chance of the "false" parents traits will come through, better chance the that "true" parent's traits will come through. Great chance that UNIQUE traits will occur. Can avoid the breeding cooldowns of other pets.

CONS: This still activates their 3 month breeding cooldown. Lowered chance of parental traits showing up than if it had been pets only. Can still only breed to each element in combination a SINGLE TIME. Yes, this means that getting greedy about your breeding can lock you out of a better breeding situation if you had waited.

3. 2 to 3 elements that are ONLY from the Ancient Device's "Stores"

PROS: No elemental lockouts! You CAN breed combos that have become locked out from their owners! Parental traits have a very SLIGHT chance of coming through, Unique traits are absolutely guarenteed. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN OWNER!

CONS: Requires an item which must either be won or be purchased from the store. Only one Remnant can result without additional aid.
Quote:
Bottle of Quintessence: Commission item - get a non-prime Remnant of your choosing!
Drop of Quintessence: Commission item - get a single pet from a "stores-only" breeding!

I thought that meant that breeding from only existing Remnants required no items.

And a Bottle of Quintessence would allow you to choose any element you wanted and have that element created as a non-prime Remnant with no breeding required.

And Drops of Quintessence were used when using stored elements from the device in a breeding, but I was confused about whether they were required only when using just stored elements or if they were also required for using stored elements in a breeding with your Remnant.

But I could be wrong too. I'm new to this, so I'm trying to understand exactly how this works.
@CrierNightglori Hmm, that's different from my understanding.

From the front page:
Quote:
1. 2 to 3 elements directly from owned pets.

PROS: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed (PLUS ONE if all their parents are Primes)! Much better chances of traits from parents coming through a breeding. Good chance of Unique traits (not related to parents) showing up!

CONS: 3 month breeding cooldown. Single chance for a breed for each unique combination of 2-3 elements. Lockouts will be noted and will be retained, even if the owners change.

2. Some combo of 2 to 3 elements from either pets or "Stores" from the Ancient Device

PROS: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed! Some chance of the "false" parents traits will come through, better chance the that "true" parent's traits will come through. Great chance that UNIQUE traits will occur. Can avoid the breeding cooldowns of other pets.

CONS: This still activates their 3 month breeding cooldown. Lowered chance of parental traits showing up than if it had been pets only. Can still only breed to each element in combination a SINGLE TIME. Yes, this means that getting greedy about your breeding can lock you out of a better breeding situation if you had waited.

3. 2 to 3 elements that are ONLY from the Ancient Device's "Stores"

PROS: No elemental lockouts! You CAN breed combos that have become locked out from their owners! Parental traits have a very SLIGHT chance of coming through, Unique traits are absolutely guarenteed. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN OWNER!

CONS: Requires an item which must either be won or be purchased from the store. Only one Remnant can result without additional aid.
Quote:
Bottle of Quintessence: Commission item - get a non-prime Remnant of your choosing!
Drop of Quintessence: Commission item - get a single pet from a "stores-only" breeding!

I thought that meant that breeding from only existing Remnants required no items.

And a Bottle of Quintessence would allow you to choose any element you wanted and have that element created as a non-prime Remnant with no breeding required.

And Drops of Quintessence were used when using stored elements from the device in a breeding, but I was confused about whether they were required only when using just stored elements or if they were also required for using stored elements in a breeding with your Remnant.

But I could be wrong too. I'm new to this, so I'm trying to understand exactly how this works.
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@KalicoKat

With a drop you pick 2-3 parents, breed them to get 1 desired offspring idea. Like my panspermia. It didn't effect any breeding CD or cooldown. With a bottle you got to make a whole new remnant idea WITHOUT using parents like my girl science. She technically has no parents. She is also not a prime cause you can't make primes with bottles.

Note you can add a vial to a drop breeding to create a second offspring as I have seen it done once
@KalicoKat

With a drop you pick 2-3 parents, breed them to get 1 desired offspring idea. Like my panspermia. It didn't effect any breeding CD or cooldown. With a bottle you got to make a whole new remnant idea WITHOUT using parents like my girl science. She technically has no parents. She is also not a prime cause you can't make primes with bottles.

Note you can add a vial to a drop breeding to create a second offspring as I have seen it done once
pDgbTnF.png
@RingMaster That's what I was thinking, thank you!

My original question was whether drops are needed if you were to breed one of your Remnants using stored elements rather than a second Remnant. Would you happen to also have the answer to that question?
@RingMaster That's what I was thinking, thank you!

My original question was whether drops are needed if you were to breed one of your Remnants using stored elements rather than a second Remnant. Would you happen to also have the answer to that question?
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@KalicoKat uh I would ask dem! They would know! Shoot them a pm and they will answer pretty quickly normally. Within a day or two [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@KalicoKat uh I would ask dem! They would know! Shoot them a pm and they will answer pretty quickly normally. Within a day or two
pDgbTnF.png
@RingMaster I had already pinged Dembai to ask about that and some other stuff. [emoji=guardian happy size=1] Thank you for your help!
@RingMaster I had already pinged Dembai to ask about that and some other stuff.

Thank you for your help!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@Dembai Sorry to ping again, I just put it all in this post instead of making you look at two. Here was my question: [quote]Also, could you clarify use of Drops of Quintessence? Are those required only for creating a Remnant purely from elemental stores, or are they also required for adding stored elements to a breeding with an existing Remnant?[/quote] Here is my slot form: ITEM WANTED: Stone Please! DELAY POINT: If you could do this after Riptide is refined, that would be awesome, but you can put it a few slots farther down on your list of you want. PURCHASE FOR: KalicoKat Could you also leave me on your shop pinglist? I would also be looking for a Drop of Quintessence, as I have an idea I'd really like to do, but I know your post said only one slot per user, so I decided on the stone for Riptide first.
@Dembai Sorry to ping again, I just put it all in this post instead of making you look at two.

Here was my question:
Quote:
Also, could you clarify use of Drops of Quintessence? Are those required only for creating a Remnant purely from elemental stores, or are they also required for adding stored elements to a breeding with an existing Remnant?

Here is my slot form:

ITEM WANTED: Stone Please!
DELAY POINT: If you could do this after Riptide is refined, that would be awesome, but you can put it a few slots farther down on your list of you want.
PURCHASE FOR: KalicoKat

Could you also leave me on your shop pinglist? I would also be looking for a Drop of Quintessence, as I have an idea I'd really like to do, but I know your post said only one slot per user, so I decided on the stone for Riptide first.
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@KalicoKat: Dembai usually is more active during the week from what I've seen, but I believe I can answer your questions.

From what I've seen, Drops of Quintessence have all used stored elements to create Remnant theme that you want. This is great for getting around breeding cooldowns that may be spread wide.

If you own a Remnant, you can use stored elements without the need of a DoQ. However, doing this will only net you one result by default (versus breeding with other Remnants directly) and will lock that combination (can be overridden by a DoQ, I think, in case the same combination generating another type/theme).

@Dembai: Could I grab that last slot? I'm not sure what I'll need quite yet, but will be messaging you as soon as I do a bit of brainstorming!

ITEM WANTED: IDK >.>;
DELAY POINT: After Pyroclastic Cloud
PURCHASE FOR: mercurialwings

//Edit: Words and grammar.
@KalicoKat: Dembai usually is more active during the week from what I've seen, but I believe I can answer your questions.

From what I've seen, Drops of Quintessence have all used stored elements to create Remnant theme that you want. This is great for getting around breeding cooldowns that may be spread wide.

If you own a Remnant, you can use stored elements without the need of a DoQ. However, doing this will only net you one result by default (versus breeding with other Remnants directly) and will lock that combination (can be overridden by a DoQ, I think, in case the same combination generating another type/theme).

@Dembai: Could I grab that last slot? I'm not sure what I'll need quite yet, but will be messaging you as soon as I do a bit of brainstorming!

ITEM WANTED: IDK >.>;
DELAY POINT: After Pyroclastic Cloud
PURCHASE FOR: mercurialwings

//Edit: Words and grammar.
Please copy-n-paste my name.
I have missed response
due to misspelling.
Thank you~

[u][b]Breeding Request![/b][/u] [b]Source 1[/b]: Value! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [b]Source 2[/b]: Afterglow [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [b]Source 3[/b]: none unless somebody else wanna join [b]Items to be used (and owners)[/b]: ringmaster with a voe [emoji=green vial size=1] @CrierNightglori @Dembai
Breeding Request!

Source 1: Value!
Source 2: Afterglow
Source 3: none unless somebody else wanna join
Items to be used (and owners): ringmaster with a voe
@CrierNightglori
@Dembai
pDgbTnF.png
@CrierNightglori - Stores are stores. They're in the machine. No cooldowns need to be obeyed!

@MercurialWings - Order accepted! Sure thing! And yes, what you said is correct!

@KalicoKat - Sure! Order accepted!

To answer your question! <3 Drops are only used when

1. you do NOT have a remnant OR

2. you want a result from two+ remnants that aren't yours.

If you want to breed your remnant to something and don't want to wait for cooldowns you absolutely can "breed to stores" and get a result without spending any money! (Not recommended, but some people do it because they don't care that they get fewer results, lol. XD) - Drops have the setback of fewer parental traits happening (aside from a single one you can pick), but have the upside of you being able to pick what you get! <3

Always feel free to PM me questions, I'm not around on the weekends, but I answer on Mondays ASAP!
@CrierNightglori - Stores are stores. They're in the machine. No cooldowns need to be obeyed!

@MercurialWings - Order accepted! Sure thing! And yes, what you said is correct!

@KalicoKat - Sure! Order accepted!

To answer your question! <3 Drops are only used when

1. you do NOT have a remnant OR

2. you want a result from two+ remnants that aren't yours.

If you want to breed your remnant to something and don't want to wait for cooldowns you absolutely can "breed to stores" and get a result without spending any money! (Not recommended, but some people do it because they don't care that they get fewer results, lol. XD) - Drops have the setback of fewer parental traits happening (aside from a single one you can pick), but have the upside of you being able to pick what you get! <3

Always feel free to PM me questions, I'm not around on the weekends, but I answer on Mondays ASAP!
5gSLBV0.png
@Dembai Thank you so much for the clarification! [emoji=guardian happy size=1]
@Dembai Thank you so much for the clarification!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
1 2 ... 173 174 175 176 177 ... 289 290