Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
I don't like the idea of people who pay get a better experience on Flight Rising. I supported this site in Kickstarter and I will always be willing to support them, but I don't think a paid membership is a good idea.
I don't like the idea of people who pay get a better experience on Flight Rising. I supported this site in Kickstarter and I will always be willing to support them, but I don't think a paid membership is a good idea.
466w8yC.png
I hate sites with Upgraded Memberships, I am from the crowd where I cannot buy stuff online because I am not allowed to. Paid memerships seems quite unfair seeing most of the users here are working very hard to just keep a roof over their own heads at their jobs and such. Adding in this feature would make some users feel left out because they would be unable to purcase such a thing, yes, I realize most do want something like this. But I am one of those people who hate the feeling they are not getting the same experience as others.
I hate sites with Upgraded Memberships, I am from the crowd where I cannot buy stuff online because I am not allowed to. Paid memerships seems quite unfair seeing most of the users here are working very hard to just keep a roof over their own heads at their jobs and such. Adding in this feature would make some users feel left out because they would be unable to purcase such a thing, yes, I realize most do want something like this. But I am one of those people who hate the feeling they are not getting the same experience as others.
Denying someone something because you can't have it... I disagree.

I'm not in a position to spend money but that doesn't mean I'm against people who can. I think it's a solid and widely agreed idea. I'll edit the OP later to only cosmetic boost ideas.

Any idea to support the site should be welcome. Agreeing to funding it before anyone else has given kick starters a massive bonus. Frankly, every other user shouldn't be denied just because we heard about it too late.
I think we should at least be allowed a few extras for a buck, or at least to entertain the idea of it.

Also, people who spend money get the massive advantage of having gems to spend or convert to treasure. An upgraded account is just another fancy, think of it as an apparel for your account and suddenly it's not so different. ;I
Denying someone something because you can't have it... I disagree.

I'm not in a position to spend money but that doesn't mean I'm against people who can. I think it's a solid and widely agreed idea. I'll edit the OP later to only cosmetic boost ideas.

Any idea to support the site should be welcome. Agreeing to funding it before anyone else has given kick starters a massive bonus. Frankly, every other user shouldn't be denied just because we heard about it too late.
I think we should at least be allowed a few extras for a buck, or at least to entertain the idea of it.

Also, people who spend money get the massive advantage of having gems to spend or convert to treasure. An upgraded account is just another fancy, think of it as an apparel for your account and suddenly it's not so different. ;I
You can get a few 'extras' for your 'buck' already by buying gems.

You don't need anything else and they promised us they wouldn't give us anything else. It's pretty much a decided issue, and I'm happy about that.

"Any idea to support the site should be welcome." That's the same as saying 'No one should ever disagree with any suggestion ever' and that's... silly.

You shouldn't get a better Flight Rising experience simply because you can throw money at it. The site creators agree. I think it's best to leave it at that.
You can get a few 'extras' for your 'buck' already by buying gems.

You don't need anything else and they promised us they wouldn't give us anything else. It's pretty much a decided issue, and I'm happy about that.

"Any idea to support the site should be welcome." That's the same as saying 'No one should ever disagree with any suggestion ever' and that's... silly.

You shouldn't get a better Flight Rising experience simply because you can throw money at it. The site creators agree. I think it's best to leave it at that.
MuwAAse.png
This is on the gem purchasing page, and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

"Gems are Flight Rising's premium form of currency.

Gems are used for purchasing special items, expanding certain site features, obtaining rare dragon breeds, and upgrading your account."

It specifically states upgrading your account in there, so I assume some cosmetics and conveniences can be purchased. I do think they should be purchased with gems to allow users that cannot spend money on the game the ability to have the same benefits. Overall I am for this idea.
This is on the gem purchasing page, and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

"Gems are Flight Rising's premium form of currency.

Gems are used for purchasing special items, expanding certain site features, obtaining rare dragon breeds, and upgrading your account."

It specifically states upgrading your account in there, so I assume some cosmetics and conveniences can be purchased. I do think they should be purchased with gems to allow users that cannot spend money on the game the ability to have the same benefits. Overall I am for this idea.
@rumplestiltskin that's not what I meant or even implied, but thank you for your comments. Ideas should always be welcome, that doesn't mean you have to agree, and I've stated, now for a third time, that it is just an idea and that doesn't automatically make it good or bad. Disagreement is important to seeing the flip-side of any issue.

@mononoke that's a great, thank you for sharing that information!
@rumplestiltskin that's not what I meant or even implied, but thank you for your comments. Ideas should always be welcome, that doesn't mean you have to agree, and I've stated, now for a third time, that it is just an idea and that doesn't automatically make it good or bad. Disagreement is important to seeing the flip-side of any issue.

@mononoke that's a great, thank you for sharing that information!
I personally think an upgraded membership is a great idea. It's a way for people to show support and be rewarded for helping to create a better game experience for all. With a monthly membership so many things could be implemented to the site, more staff, better coding etc etc. Basically things that otherwise would move slowly and not be a priority due to lack of funding. I think that if you couldn't afford to pay for the online membership you would still commend those who can rather than sit in jealousy because after all people with the upgraded membership would be helping to give you better game play, not just the paid members. I really don't think that an extra gathering turn is going to make anyone "win the game" so I am all for it.

I think a forum vista, ad removal, extra gathering turn, autofeed and something like 1 free nest(that goes away when your membership does) are perfectly fine perks that aren't going to ruin the game for anyone.
I personally think an upgraded membership is a great idea. It's a way for people to show support and be rewarded for helping to create a better game experience for all. With a monthly membership so many things could be implemented to the site, more staff, better coding etc etc. Basically things that otherwise would move slowly and not be a priority due to lack of funding. I think that if you couldn't afford to pay for the online membership you would still commend those who can rather than sit in jealousy because after all people with the upgraded membership would be helping to give you better game play, not just the paid members. I really don't think that an extra gathering turn is going to make anyone "win the game" so I am all for it.

I think a forum vista, ad removal, extra gathering turn, autofeed and something like 1 free nest(that goes away when your membership does) are perfectly fine perks that aren't going to ruin the game for anyone.
tumblr_inline_ncgrdk8eCt1seh6yq.gif
I'm personally against upgraded, premium, or elite accounts. Not only just because it can cause some elitism, but because I don't like the idea of paying for a package of things I might not even use. For example, the ad remover. I have adblock off for FR to support it, but if I wanted to get rid of ads, I'd just turn it on. I wouldn't pay for it. I'm also pretty sure in an older thread, it was was stated that forum vistas for users would be a thing in the future.

I much prefer it to stay the way they have it with the gem marketplace. Those perks that you stated before like vistas and such can all be gem items individually. People will still have to pay gems for them but there's less of a "Premium User" elitist feel to the whole thing.

So, pretty much what I'm saying is that I prefer cash shops over premium accounts because they reduce elitism and allow the buyer to spend there money on specific things that they want and not a whole package where they may not plan on using half of the perks they paid for.
I'm personally against upgraded, premium, or elite accounts. Not only just because it can cause some elitism, but because I don't like the idea of paying for a package of things I might not even use. For example, the ad remover. I have adblock off for FR to support it, but if I wanted to get rid of ads, I'd just turn it on. I wouldn't pay for it. I'm also pretty sure in an older thread, it was was stated that forum vistas for users would be a thing in the future.

I much prefer it to stay the way they have it with the gem marketplace. Those perks that you stated before like vistas and such can all be gem items individually. People will still have to pay gems for them but there's less of a "Premium User" elitist feel to the whole thing.

So, pretty much what I'm saying is that I prefer cash shops over premium accounts because they reduce elitism and allow the buyer to spend there money on specific things that they want and not a whole package where they may not plan on using half of the perks they paid for.
I don't think that one person's personal opinion on elitism should stop something that would be good for Flight Rising. If someone is acting like a pompous jerk because they can spend $5 a month on the internet and you can't stand that then you're probably too sensitive for the internet to begin with lol.
I don't think that one person's personal opinion on elitism should stop something that would be good for Flight Rising. If someone is acting like a pompous jerk because they can spend $5 a month on the internet and you can't stand that then you're probably too sensitive for the internet to begin with lol.
tumblr_inline_ncgrdk8eCt1seh6yq.gif
I've been with and without an upgraded account on other games and have never felt descriminated against when without or seen elitist behavior from people who do. That comes down to the individual's attitude to be a victim or elitist. We can all just be people, with and without upgrades. Playing a game together.

However, I understand the concerns and again, thank you for the time and comments. :)
I've been with and without an upgraded account on other games and have never felt descriminated against when without or seen elitist behavior from people who do. That comes down to the individual's attitude to be a victim or elitist. We can all just be people, with and without upgrades. Playing a game together.

However, I understand the concerns and again, thank you for the time and comments. :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29