Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30
no support. part of the challenge is to get the dragons- even expensive, at like 500K+ there's users that have a literal ton of treasure that could easily buy six scrolls. that might not seem much, but when you consider that there's lots of players now that at least have a million...

also might i bring up that the coding challenge would probably be insane; also when a dragon's been bred and has offspring and gets changed, it *might* not be well received. also it would be thoroughly confusing: "wait... my dragon's parents are both male/female... what?!" myself, it's just not my cup o' tea. i don't mind people doing it a bit, i'm sure others don't care as well, but it comes across as akward when this is a breeding game and, biologically AND without surgery, it's not really that possible to produce offspring with the same gender. it's basically 'a male can't get pregnant because he has no eggs'.

i have had lots of rage of finding the perfect mate, for it to be the same gender! but, the point is to find the right one, and a gender scroll would REALLY bork the game mechanics in my opinion. also, i do see a little problem with hatchlings having parent dragons that were changed after breeding not selling as well, because the situation can just be plain weird for some users (others creeped out, others their brains would melt because they are housing something that technically shouldn't exist as per current information about the parent dragon.

tl;dr: i believe an outright gender change scroll would be more trouble than it's worth, both for coders and for players. while i understand the appeal, the cons outweigh the pros in this one, the biggest making it so that people can change their dragons at whim. because really, a player CAN pool 500K with diligent gameplay in two week's worth just maxing out lucky streak, and there are players that can just buy up ten as soon as they appear.

i'd support an item that would make a nest 'warm' or 'cold' and hatch 3/4 male or 3/4 female depending on temperature (and would stay as norm without application) like crocodile and alligators do. it wouldn't be gamebreaking, there is still SOME challenge to getting the right hatch, but it'll help with breeding efforts.
no support. part of the challenge is to get the dragons- even expensive, at like 500K+ there's users that have a literal ton of treasure that could easily buy six scrolls. that might not seem much, but when you consider that there's lots of players now that at least have a million...

also might i bring up that the coding challenge would probably be insane; also when a dragon's been bred and has offspring and gets changed, it *might* not be well received. also it would be thoroughly confusing: "wait... my dragon's parents are both male/female... what?!" myself, it's just not my cup o' tea. i don't mind people doing it a bit, i'm sure others don't care as well, but it comes across as akward when this is a breeding game and, biologically AND without surgery, it's not really that possible to produce offspring with the same gender. it's basically 'a male can't get pregnant because he has no eggs'.

i have had lots of rage of finding the perfect mate, for it to be the same gender! but, the point is to find the right one, and a gender scroll would REALLY bork the game mechanics in my opinion. also, i do see a little problem with hatchlings having parent dragons that were changed after breeding not selling as well, because the situation can just be plain weird for some users (others creeped out, others their brains would melt because they are housing something that technically shouldn't exist as per current information about the parent dragon.

tl;dr: i believe an outright gender change scroll would be more trouble than it's worth, both for coders and for players. while i understand the appeal, the cons outweigh the pros in this one, the biggest making it so that people can change their dragons at whim. because really, a player CAN pool 500K with diligent gameplay in two week's worth just maxing out lucky streak, and there are players that can just buy up ten as soon as they appear.

i'd support an item that would make a nest 'warm' or 'cold' and hatch 3/4 male or 3/4 female depending on temperature (and would stay as norm without application) like crocodile and alligators do. it wouldn't be gamebreaking, there is still SOME challenge to getting the right hatch, but it'll help with breeding efforts.
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
[quote name="Scultone" date=2015-01-02 11:26:14] I support this wholeheartedly. The "It removes the challenge that comes with finding a good breeding pair" argument is... completely pointless. If a gender change scroll was released, nobody will FORCE people to use it. If you don't use it, the challenge in finding the perfect dragon stays, and the people who want to change a dragon's gender - be it for breeding, role play, visuals, etc - are free to do so (at the expected high cost of gems/treasure). Thinking otherwise is pretty self-centered, because it forces others to comply to rules that you prefer and ignores legitimate complaints and suggestions. [/quote] Like, literally the only limit that needs to be in place is it can't be used on dragons that have been bred. Because using it on bred dragons [i]would[/i] mess with the coding, but everything else... I don't see how it could possibly hurt the game?
Scultone wrote on 2015-01-02:
I support this wholeheartedly.

The "It removes the challenge that comes with finding a good breeding pair" argument is... completely pointless. If a gender change scroll was released, nobody will FORCE people to use it. If you don't use it, the challenge in finding the perfect dragon stays, and the people who want to change a dragon's gender - be it for breeding, role play, visuals, etc - are free to do so (at the expected high cost of gems/treasure). Thinking otherwise is pretty self-centered, because it forces others to comply to rules that you prefer and ignores legitimate complaints and suggestions.

Like, literally the only limit that needs to be in place is it can't be used on dragons that have been bred. Because using it on bred dragons would mess with the coding, but everything else... I don't see how it could possibly hurt the game?
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
Some how the colour schemes just look so much better on males. Some of the males in my clan have ambiguous names because I thought they were too pretty and forgot to check for gender - _-;;
that was during the early days of course. now I can actually remember which dragon picture is for males or females. :D

a gender scroll would totally appreciated because I want to breed to colour patterns and they were both males : (

seriously. really helpful.
Some how the colour schemes just look so much better on males. Some of the males in my clan have ambiguous names because I thought they were too pretty and forgot to check for gender - _-;;
that was during the early days of course. now I can actually remember which dragon picture is for males or females. :D

a gender scroll would totally appreciated because I want to breed to colour patterns and they were both males : (

seriously. really helpful.
Support, as long as it's used on unbred dergs!!
Support, as long as it's used on unbred dergs!!
io98x.gift9oLD.gif

{Scorpio}{INFP}Ybw3PCU.gif{Two Hours ahead}
LlTAP.gifX3pq2.gif
I wouldn't mind having such an item exist, however the staff has said multiple times that they won't ever make such an item. (Correct me if my information is wrong but this is what I hear a lot from people.)
I wouldn't mind having such an item exist, however the staff has said multiple times that they won't ever make such an item. (Correct me if my information is wrong but this is what I hear a lot from people.)
tumblr_inline_nmplalyfet1qfq1fk_500.gif
This would take away the most basic form of variation in all breeding games. No support
This would take away the most basic form of variation in all breeding games. No support
Wow, look at this... Words... I like Words. But the real question is, do you like words?
SUpport c:
SUpport c:
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
Support!!! It's annoying when you breed two specific dragons to get your dream dragon, only to be the wrong gender :/
Support!!! It's annoying when you breed two specific dragons to get your dream dragon, only to be the wrong gender :/
ezgif.com-resize_3.gif ezgif.com-resize_4.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker_16.gif
[quote name="Icestar" date=2015-04-19 21:02:08] no support. part of the challenge is to get the dragons- even expensive, at like 500K+ there's users that have a literal ton of treasure that could easily buy six scrolls. that might not seem much, but when you consider that there's lots of players now that at least have a million... also might i bring up that the coding challenge would probably be insane; also when a dragon's been bred and has offspring and gets changed, it *might* not be well received. also it would be thoroughly confusing: "wait... my dragon's parents are both male/female... what?!" myself, it's just not my cup o' tea. i don't mind people doing it a bit, i'm sure others don't care as well, but it comes across as akward when this is a breeding game and, biologically AND without surgery, it's not really that possible to produce offspring with the same gender. it's basically 'a male can't get pregnant because he has no eggs'. i have had lots of rage of finding the perfect mate, for it to be the same gender! but, the point is to find the right one, and a gender scroll would REALLY bork the game mechanics in my opinion. also, i do see a little problem with hatchlings having parent dragons that were changed after breeding not selling as well, because the situation can just be plain weird for some users (others creeped out, others their brains would melt because they are housing something that technically shouldn't exist as per current information about the parent dragon. tl;dr: i believe an outright gender change scroll would be more trouble than it's worth, both for coders and for players. while i understand the appeal, the cons outweigh the pros in this one, the biggest making it so that people can change their dragons at whim. because really, a player CAN pool 500K with diligent gameplay in two week's worth just maxing out lucky streak, and there are players that can just buy up ten as soon as they appear. [b]i'd support an item that would make a nest 'warm' or 'cold' and hatch 3/4 male or 3/4 female depending on temperature (and would stay as norm without application) like crocodile and alligators do. it wouldn't be gamebreaking, there is still SOME challenge to getting the right hatch, but it'll help with breeding efforts.[/b] [/quote] Love the bolded idea - but for a generic breed change scroll? No support.
Icestar wrote on 2015-04-19:

Love the bolded idea - but for a generic breed change scroll? No support.
Second the gender scroll idea uwu
Second the gender scroll idea uwu
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30