Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | dressing+scrying - small UI improvements
My knowledge of code is hardly extensive, but to the best of my knowledge these would be fairly simple additions that build off functions already available on the site. They're hardly critical to the function of the site, but imo with all of the other quality of life improvements FR has been getting lately, they'd be a great addition!

Dressing room:
  • Add an option on the dressing room's front page to "load existing outfit" or something similar; would allow users to navigate directly to an outfit they've already saved
    • Cuts out the extra step of having to input a dragon or morphology ID or select a mannequin just to scroll down and load an accent we've already made
    • The outfits menu could look and function pretty much the same as the new load morphology menu, with clicking an outfit just bringing you into the normal dressing room
    • Doesn't change anything major about the structure of the existing dressing room or the way outfits are made or handled

Scrying Workshop / Predict Morphology:
  • Add a "dress morphology" button to the new morphology options box that opens a saved morphology in the dressing room
    • Could be greyed out when a morphology has not yet been saved, or simply pop up a dialogue box telling you to save the morphology first, which is what the share morphology button currently does
    • Bypasses having to copy the morphology number, navigate to dressing room, and input morphology number into dressing room
    • Possibly more difficult to implement as there's no direct analog, but should still be fairly easy?
  • Return to "load morphology" window after deleting a morphology instead of closing window
    • Having to open the window multiple times in order to delete multiple morphologies seems like a really unnecessary extra step
    • Alternately, could create a checkbox toggle that allows for deleting multiple morphologies at once
      • However, even with this it would be helpful for the window to stay open, particularly for the purposes of deleting several morphologies and then loading a different one

Open to comments, additions, constructive criticism, etc. but please do keep it constructive. I'll keep an eye on the thread but I'd prefer not to be pinged!
My knowledge of code is hardly extensive, but to the best of my knowledge these would be fairly simple additions that build off functions already available on the site. They're hardly critical to the function of the site, but imo with all of the other quality of life improvements FR has been getting lately, they'd be a great addition!

Dressing room:
  • Add an option on the dressing room's front page to "load existing outfit" or something similar; would allow users to navigate directly to an outfit they've already saved
    • Cuts out the extra step of having to input a dragon or morphology ID or select a mannequin just to scroll down and load an accent we've already made
    • The outfits menu could look and function pretty much the same as the new load morphology menu, with clicking an outfit just bringing you into the normal dressing room
    • Doesn't change anything major about the structure of the existing dressing room or the way outfits are made or handled

Scrying Workshop / Predict Morphology:
  • Add a "dress morphology" button to the new morphology options box that opens a saved morphology in the dressing room
    • Could be greyed out when a morphology has not yet been saved, or simply pop up a dialogue box telling you to save the morphology first, which is what the share morphology button currently does
    • Bypasses having to copy the morphology number, navigate to dressing room, and input morphology number into dressing room
    • Possibly more difficult to implement as there's no direct analog, but should still be fairly easy?
  • Return to "load morphology" window after deleting a morphology instead of closing window
    • Having to open the window multiple times in order to delete multiple morphologies seems like a really unnecessary extra step
    • Alternately, could create a checkbox toggle that allows for deleting multiple morphologies at once
      • However, even with this it would be helpful for the window to stay open, particularly for the purposes of deleting several morphologies and then loading a different one

Open to comments, additions, constructive criticism, etc. but please do keep it constructive. I'll keep an eye on the thread but I'd prefer not to be pinged!
secrettext 1067.png 1064.png

Crow
they/them
FR+0
16445.png feather2.png
...while I have seen some of these, others are new. These would all be very nice to have and full support.

What I would personally love to see (though it would likely be a headache to code) would be the ability to edit a morphology from the dressing room in some situations. That is, I have a dragon or a scry loaded up in an outfit (potentially only with saved ones?) and hit a button. This pops up either a new tab or a new smaller window (configurable in settings/on first use?) which has the Predict Morphology page loaded up with the dragon/morphology ID. The dragon can then be edited and a button clicked when done, which closes the tab/window and refreshes the Dressing Room page to show the new genes. The only danger to this could be accidentally logging out during Rollover but that's kinda already in unintended-mechanics territory to be onsite then so probably not the biggest of deals.
...while I have seen some of these, others are new. These would all be very nice to have and full support.

What I would personally love to see (though it would likely be a headache to code) would be the ability to edit a morphology from the dressing room in some situations. That is, I have a dragon or a scry loaded up in an outfit (potentially only with saved ones?) and hit a button. This pops up either a new tab or a new smaller window (configurable in settings/on first use?) which has the Predict Morphology page loaded up with the dragon/morphology ID. The dragon can then be edited and a button clicked when done, which closes the tab/window and refreshes the Dressing Room page to show the new genes. The only danger to this could be accidentally logging out during Rollover but that's kinda already in unintended-mechanics territory to be onsite then so probably not the biggest of deals.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Would honestly love to see these.
sYJ7QdI.png
I love the idea of a dress morphology button.
I love the idea of a dress morphology button.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Support for... all of these, tbh. :)
Support for... all of these, tbh. :)
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves