Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Can we talk about Multi-Gaze on Gaolers?
1 2
I see what you mean, but I think it's too late to change it. The main issue here is that Multigaze is drawn in a way that it looks like the tail curves away from view, but actually the tail curves [i]towards[/i] us, as shown by Scorpion and Underbelly. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=21&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=58&tertgene=31&winggene=0&wings=141&auth=04e9a56efca19f0ff8af32cf51d7c9635c924b65&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I think what might've happened is that the base wasn't clear on what went where and the Multigaze artist got confused? Other stuff like this has happened on other breeds for both genes and apparel, take a look at tundra males and the back paw or tundra babies and the "belly" area; I think the art staff just need to sit down and make clear design documents on what's what to clarify all the somewhat unclear elements of the bases to prevent mistakes like these in the future.
I see what you mean, but I think it's too late to change it.

The main issue here is that Multigaze is drawn in a way that it looks like the tail curves away from view, but actually the tail curves towards us, as shown by Scorpion and Underbelly.
dragon?age=1&body=21&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=58&tertgene=31&winggene=0&wings=141&auth=04e9a56efca19f0ff8af32cf51d7c9635c924b65&dummyext=prev.png

I think what might've happened is that the base wasn't clear on what went where and the Multigaze artist got confused?

Other stuff like this has happened on other breeds for both genes and apparel, take a look at tundra males and the back paw or tundra babies and the "belly" area; I think the art staff just need to sit down and make clear design documents on what's what to clarify all the somewhat unclear elements of the bases to prevent mistakes like these in the future.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
Support for a fix for this. Errors like this are tolerable on Modern breeds, but not Ancients. It's more important that Gaoler's eyes look nice with line-breaking genes because, unlike with Modern breeds, you can't cover up any awkward spots with apparel.
Support for a fix for this. Errors like this are tolerable on Modern breeds, but not Ancients. It's more important that Gaoler's eyes look nice with line-breaking genes because, unlike with Modern breeds, you can't cover up any awkward spots with apparel.
6ntc1cC.jpg
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2019-06-24 20:26:14" ] Support for a fix for this. Errors like this are tolerable on Modern breeds, but not Ancients. It's more important that Gaoler's eyes look nice with line-breaking genes because, unlike with Modern breeds, you can't cover up any awkward spots with apparel. [/quote] Ooh good point! I hadn't thought of that part of it but you're right, and skins can't help either, given the eyes layer over them. The only option now is to resign yourself to the way that multi-gaze very obviously reduces what is meant to look like a 3-dimensional creature into a cardboard cutout with some stickers on top. Or just not use either the problem genes or the eyes. Whichever you can live without the easiest. That's a pretty lousy choice to ask people to make.
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2019-06-24 20:26:14:

Ooh good point! I hadn't thought of that part of it but you're right, and skins can't help either, given the eyes layer over them. The only option now is to resign yourself to the way that multi-gaze very obviously reduces what is meant to look like a 3-dimensional creature into a cardboard cutout with some stickers on top.
Or just not use either the problem genes or the eyes. Whichever you can live without the easiest.

That's a pretty lousy choice to ask people to make.
The problem is that Multi isn't going to be the last eye type to go outside the lines. You already see the same problem to a lesser extent with Primal. Sticker-gaze does not match the art quality of the rest of the site. And the more eye types they release that don't stay within normal bounds, the harder this will be to fix. My worry is in several years, we may end up with a good amount of dergs who look like those flash-game dress-up dolls from the 90s.

And it wouldn't necessarily be easy to correct it to anything besides swirly, glowing or Common because of the still-bizarre lack of customization options
The problem is that Multi isn't going to be the last eye type to go outside the lines. You already see the same problem to a lesser extent with Primal. Sticker-gaze does not match the art quality of the rest of the site. And the more eye types they release that don't stay within normal bounds, the harder this will be to fix. My worry is in several years, we may end up with a good amount of dergs who look like those flash-game dress-up dolls from the 90s.

And it wouldn't necessarily be easy to correct it to anything besides swirly, glowing or Common because of the still-bizarre lack of customization options
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
1 2