Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Block Users Who Have Us Blocked
1 2 3 4
[quote name="@Dagomor" date="2019-02-05 07:13:47" ] and you still have them blocked and still had zero issues with them. Does the system auto-unblock them?[/quote] Curiosity: How is a computer program supposed to know whether one human being has issues with another human being? How is it supposed to tell whether these issues are "legitimate?" Even other humans have trouble with that question. Overall, being blocked by random people have little to no negative effect on your day-to-day gameplay. It is not and was never meant to be a punishment. So why should we be so cautious about how it's used? (Also, there's a greater-than-zero chance you believe that OP meant retaliative blocking would happen automatically. That's nowhere in the post, fyi.)
@Dagomor wrote on 2019-02-05 07:13:47:
and you still have them blocked and still had zero issues with them. Does the system auto-unblock them?

Curiosity: How is a computer program supposed to know whether one human being has issues with another human being? How is it supposed to tell whether these issues are "legitimate?" Even other humans have trouble with that question.

Overall, being blocked by random people have little to no negative effect on your day-to-day gameplay. It is not and was never meant to be a punishment. So why should we be so cautious about how it's used?

(Also, there's a greater-than-zero chance you believe that OP meant retaliative blocking would happen automatically. That's nowhere in the post, fyi.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support, I should be allowed to choose to block people who have blocked me, but it shouldn't be automatic :D
Support, I should be allowed to choose to block people who have blocked me, but it shouldn't be automatic :D
You can block from forum posts right? So even if you can’t see someone’s profile, if you can find a post of theirs in the forum, the power is available too you.

Not that I don’t think that there should be a better/easier way to do so, rather than hunting them down in the forums, but it is an option. And trust me it works, cause I just tested it myself on someone who has me blocked, but who I see often in the forums.
You can block from forum posts right? So even if you can’t see someone’s profile, if you can find a post of theirs in the forum, the power is available too you.

Not that I don’t think that there should be a better/easier way to do so, rather than hunting them down in the forums, but it is an option. And trust me it works, cause I just tested it myself on someone who has me blocked, but who I see often in the forums.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-02-05 11:49:37" ] You can block from forum posts right? So even if you can’t see someone’s profile, if you can find a post of theirs in the forum, the power is available too you. [/quote] No, you can't. When someone has blocked you, you can't see any part of their profile, including the buttons on their forum posts.
Firtarian wrote on 2019-02-05 11:49:37:

No, you can't. When someone has blocked you, you can't see any part of their profile, including the buttons on their forum posts.
[quote name="elfin" date="2019-02-05 11:51:28" ] [quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-02-05 11:49:37" ] You can block from forum posts right? So even if you can’t see someone’s profile, if you can find a post of theirs in the forum, the power is available too you. [/quote] No, you can't. When someone has blocked you, you can't see any part of their profile, including the buttons on their forum posts. [/quote] Did you miss the part where I tested it? Unless there's something bugged for me, I can definitely see the forum post of this person who's profile says I'm blocked, and I can see and use the block button. Edit: I can't exactly prove that that is what's happening, cause I'd have to call out the person who has me blocked which is against ToS, but I have checked, and blocked and unblocked them several times, so unless there's some other way to stop people from seeing your profile and dragons that isn't blocking, idk what's up.
elfin wrote on 2019-02-05 11:51:28:

No, you can't. When someone has blocked you, you can't see any part of their profile, including the buttons on their forum posts.

Did you miss the part where I tested it? Unless there's something bugged for me, I can definitely see the forum post of this person who's profile says I'm blocked, and I can see and use the block button.

Edit: I can't exactly prove that that is what's happening, cause I'd have to call out the person who has me blocked which is against ToS, but I have checked, and blocked and unblocked them several times, so unless there's some other way to stop people from seeing your profile and dragons that isn't blocking, idk what's up.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-02-05 11:56:52" ] [quote name="elfin" date="2019-02-05 11:51:28" ] [quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-02-05 11:49:37" ] You can block from forum posts right? So even if you can’t see someone’s profile, if you can find a post of theirs in the forum, the power is available too you. [/quote] No, you can't. When someone has blocked you, you can't see any part of their profile, including the buttons on their forum posts. [/quote] Did you miss the part where I tested it? Unless there's something bugged for me, I can definitely see the forum post of this person who's profile says I'm blocked, and I can see and use the block button. [/quote] I dunno what to tell you, then, because I most definitely can't see the block button on someone who has blocked me. It's just white space.
Firtarian wrote on 2019-02-05 11:56:52:
elfin wrote on 2019-02-05 11:51:28:

Did you miss the part where I tested it? Unless there's something bugged for me, I can definitely see the forum post of this person who's profile says I'm blocked, and I can see and use the block button.

I dunno what to tell you, then, because I most definitely can't see the block button on someone who has blocked me. It's just white space.
[quote name="elfin" date="2019-02-05 11:59:32" ] I dunno what to tell you, then, because I most definitely can't see the block button on someone who has blocked me. It's just white space. [/quote] The only thing I can think of is when the person blocked you? Is it something that happened a while a go, (before the forum update which added the buttons) or is it more recent? Either way, I still support an easier, always accessible way to block users, even when they have you blocked and you can't go through their profile.
elfin wrote on 2019-02-05 11:59:32:
I dunno what to tell you, then, because I most definitely can't see the block button on someone who has blocked me. It's just white space.

The only thing I can think of is when the person blocked you? Is it something that happened a while a go, (before the forum update which added the buttons) or is it more recent?

Either way, I still support an easier, always accessible way to block users, even when they have you blocked and you can't go through their profile.
@elfin

I just checked, and the button's visible for me on someone who has me blocked. That's bizarre if it works for some users and not others, and would absolutely need to be fixed, since I concur with others in this thread that allowing reciprocal blocking is necessary.
@elfin

I just checked, and the button's visible for me on someone who has me blocked. That's bizarre if it works for some users and not others, and would absolutely need to be fixed, since I concur with others in this thread that allowing reciprocal blocking is necessary.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-02-05 12:15:45" ] The only thing I can think of is when the person blocked you? Is it something that happened a while a go, (before the forum update which added the buttons) or is it more recent? [/quote] Honestly not sure when they blocked me, but it was probably before the forum update. That's super weird! I guess if it's on people's forum posts, it's not a big of a deal since there [i]is[/i] a pretty easy way to get to it then. I just assumed it was like that for everyone! Oops.
Firtarian wrote on 2019-02-05 12:15:45:

The only thing I can think of is when the person blocked you? Is it something that happened a while a go, (before the forum update which added the buttons) or is it more recent?

Honestly not sure when they blocked me, but it was probably before the forum update. That's super weird! I guess if it's on people's forum posts, it's not a big of a deal since there is a pretty easy way to get to it then. I just assumed it was like that for everyone! Oops.
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2019-02-05 05:36:31" ] As long as it’s optional and not automatic. I don’t care if I’m blocked by a person or not but I wouldn’t want to run into the various user blocked messages while scrolling the forums because the system autoblocked players that blocked me [/quote] Only if it is optional. I dont care if ppl block me either. I have my reason for blocking which may differ from others. I dont wish to block all who block me
DragonSage wrote on 2019-02-05 05:36:31:
As long as it’s optional and not automatic.

I don’t care if I’m blocked by a person or not but I wouldn’t want to run into the various user blocked messages while scrolling the forums because the system autoblocked players that blocked me

Only if it is optional. I dont care if ppl block me either. I have my reason for blocking which may differ from others. I dont wish to block all who block me
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 3 4