Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
No support. It's not up to you to decide how others should play this game. If you want named dragons, name them yourself.
No support. It's not up to you to decide how others should play this game. If you want named dragons, name them yourself.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
No support. My dragons, I'll do what I please with them. You don't like Unnamed, make sure to name all your dragons.

Sometimes I need time to think of the right name, and I don't want to put in a placeholder name just to then have to buy a scroll of renaming later when I can just leave it Unnamed.
No support. My dragons, I'll do what I please with them. You don't like Unnamed, make sure to name all your dragons.

Sometimes I need time to think of the right name, and I don't want to put in a placeholder name just to then have to buy a scroll of renaming later when I can just leave it Unnamed.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
Absolutely not.
I don't want to name every dragon hatchling when I hatch, that is a nuisance to me. I imagine it would but some serious load on the servers too.
Absolutely not.
I don't want to name every dragon hatchling when I hatch, that is a nuisance to me. I imagine it would but some serious load on the servers too.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
ExcUSE ME, what on earth do you mean our dragons aren't ours and aren't permanent? For the first time ever, this (infinitely returning) topic has managed to offend me. You've been here less than two months. You know nothing about what my dragons mean to me. My dragons are mine. My OCs. I have dragons I've had for five years. If I happened to decide that one of them was just nameless back at the beginning, that would be my business and no one else's.

Uh. I might have gotten a bit bitey there for a minute, but the fact is the rules, the actual rules, state that when a dragon is in someone's lair, it is theirs to do with as they want. If I were to sell an unnamed dragon, and it was exalted unnamed, that's the buyer's choice. They gave me the money, and the dragon is permanently associated with their lair, not mine.

Oh and as several people have said, all dragons are born with a free rename? That any owner of the dragon can use provided the dragon hasn't been named yet? There's a little pencil next to their "unnamed" that you click and then you name them?
ExcUSE ME, what on earth do you mean our dragons aren't ours and aren't permanent? For the first time ever, this (infinitely returning) topic has managed to offend me. You've been here less than two months. You know nothing about what my dragons mean to me. My dragons are mine. My OCs. I have dragons I've had for five years. If I happened to decide that one of them was just nameless back at the beginning, that would be my business and no one else's.

Uh. I might have gotten a bit bitey there for a minute, but the fact is the rules, the actual rules, state that when a dragon is in someone's lair, it is theirs to do with as they want. If I were to sell an unnamed dragon, and it was exalted unnamed, that's the buyer's choice. They gave me the money, and the dragon is permanently associated with their lair, not mine.

Oh and as several people have said, all dragons are born with a free rename? That any owner of the dragon can use provided the dragon hasn't been named yet? There's a little pencil next to their "unnamed" that you click and then you name them?
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@PurpleBubble

I understand your frustration, I'm not a big fan of unnamed dragons either, but claiming that your dragons "aren't just yours" is inciting controversy and really skirting the line of starting a flame war. And it looks like you've already accomplished that. This really isn't a suggestion. I don't care if you're offended or angered by this, but all you're doing just loudly complaining.

Official site policy is dragons in your lair are yours to do with as you want. If someone wants to exalt them unnamed, then that's entirely their prerogative. Don't want unnamed dragons? Name them yourself.
@PurpleBubble

I understand your frustration, I'm not a big fan of unnamed dragons either, but claiming that your dragons "aren't just yours" is inciting controversy and really skirting the line of starting a flame war. And it looks like you've already accomplished that. This really isn't a suggestion. I don't care if you're offended or angered by this, but all you're doing just loudly complaining.

Official site policy is dragons in your lair are yours to do with as you want. If someone wants to exalt them unnamed, then that's entirely their prerogative. Don't want unnamed dragons? Name them yourself.
No support!

Also
Quote:

And if you exalt unnamed dragons-- please stop. They most likely are related to someone, unless they are a gen one with no kids.

Stop telling other people how to play the game! I like to name my dergs before exalting, but some people do not and that's their choice! Once you sell a derg it is no longer yours and therefore you have no right to tell people whether to name it or not. If unnamed derg exalts bother you so much than name them before you sell them or exalt them yourself.
No support!

Also
Quote:

And if you exalt unnamed dragons-- please stop. They most likely are related to someone, unless they are a gen one with no kids.

Stop telling other people how to play the game! I like to name my dergs before exalting, but some people do not and that's their choice! Once you sell a derg it is no longer yours and therefore you have no right to tell people whether to name it or not. If unnamed derg exalts bother you so much than name them before you sell them or exalt them yourself.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
No support, if you don't want a dragon Unnamed and exalted, there is a simple solution to it.
May I suggest something else? Either hide specific hatchlings from your list if they are Unnamed/named but you don't like the name/etc, or be able to name the hatchling, but it will only show up on your list as named(but if clicked on, will show up as unnamed). This could be exclusive for just unnamed exalted dragons.
No support, if you don't want a dragon Unnamed and exalted, there is a simple solution to it.
May I suggest something else? Either hide specific hatchlings from your list if they are Unnamed/named but you don't like the name/etc, or be able to name the hatchling, but it will only show up on your list as named(but if clicked on, will show up as unnamed). This could be exclusive for just unnamed exalted dragons.
[quote name="EndraPhoenix" date="2018-12-27 19:07:34" ] I seriously wish staff would ban this topic. [u]once a dragon leaves your lair it is[b] no longer yours[/b].[/u] If you cannot handle that than don't sell. If you cannot stand others exalting unnamed, name before you sell. If you can't stand exalting at all, then don't sell. These are all easy fixes that the bothered seller can do instead of throwing a fake responsibility onto the buyers. And if the seller can't bother doing the above, than the buyer shouldn't be bothered to care. [/quote] I can't remember if I posted here or not
EndraPhoenix wrote on 2018-12-27 19:07:34:
I seriously wish staff would ban this topic.

once a dragon leaves your lair it is no longer yours.
If you cannot handle that than don't sell.
If you cannot stand others exalting unnamed, name before you sell.
If you can't stand exalting at all, then don't sell.

These are all easy fixes that the bothered seller can do instead of throwing a fake responsibility onto the buyers.
And if the seller can't bother doing the above, than the buyer shouldn't be bothered to care.
I can't remember if I posted here or not
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I have a naming system for my dragons, so it is slightly more convenient for me to buy a dragon *un*named, as it doesn't cost me anything to alter it.

And that same system often means I rename dragons that came to me already named - so I buy a lot of Renaming scrolls, and can attest that they are pretty cheap, and easy to get hold of.

As for lineages, I made a fairly extensive family tree for one of my dragons a while ago, and ran into two potential impediments: duplicate names, and unnamed dragons. Guess how I managed to distinguish those dragons one from another. Gosh, if only there was an identifier for each dragon that made it unambiguous which dragon was meant....
I have a naming system for my dragons, so it is slightly more convenient for me to buy a dragon *un*named, as it doesn't cost me anything to alter it.

And that same system often means I rename dragons that came to me already named - so I buy a lot of Renaming scrolls, and can attest that they are pretty cheap, and easy to get hold of.

As for lineages, I made a fairly extensive family tree for one of my dragons a while ago, and ran into two potential impediments: duplicate names, and unnamed dragons. Guess how I managed to distinguish those dragons one from another. Gosh, if only there was an identifier for each dragon that made it unambiguous which dragon was meant....
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
And why do you get to decide what other people do with their dragons? You can name your own dragons upon hatching if you want, but there is no reason to force other people to do the same.
And why do you get to decide what other people do with their dragons? You can name your own dragons upon hatching if you want, but there is no reason to force other people to do the same.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15