Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eliminate
1 2 3 4 5 6
@/Toxa

How way back in the day are we talking? Back when I joined neither Might nor Berserker stones added stats. Eliminate was helpful to have but since every monster needed 1-2 Scratches before Eliminate could be used and refund breath it wasn't that much faster.

I used to run Water's battle stone bank and frankly I'd rather newbies spent some time on the game before they got Eliminate. I sold newbies up to 3 Eliminates for 50k each for the first few months (AH prices 200k) and over half of them quit in the first 2 months. Berserker for 5k and Ambush for 10k. I eventually raised prices to 100k when Eliminate consistently sold for over 200k (thank you Welcome Weeks).

My original personal budget was 2 million a month plus whatever donations I got and I quit once Eliminate hit 400k and about half the people requesting stones kept quitting. Lowering the cost was not helping retention. I'd hope that working for a goal would be more motivating.

My original point was that with 1 Eliminate on a L25 dragon it's possible to earn enough in a day to pay 700g and that buying Eliminate is a small investment for the millions it earns.

Heck, just buy a pre-stoned dragon. Until we catch up on the backlog (unlikely since new genes keep coming out) there will be dragons for sale with Eliminate cheaper than the stone itself.

@/Toxa

How way back in the day are we talking? Back when I joined neither Might nor Berserker stones added stats. Eliminate was helpful to have but since every monster needed 1-2 Scratches before Eliminate could be used and refund breath it wasn't that much faster.

I used to run Water's battle stone bank and frankly I'd rather newbies spent some time on the game before they got Eliminate. I sold newbies up to 3 Eliminates for 50k each for the first few months (AH prices 200k) and over half of them quit in the first 2 months. Berserker for 5k and Ambush for 10k. I eventually raised prices to 100k when Eliminate consistently sold for over 200k (thank you Welcome Weeks).

My original personal budget was 2 million a month plus whatever donations I got and I quit once Eliminate hit 400k and about half the people requesting stones kept quitting. Lowering the cost was not helping retention. I'd hope that working for a goal would be more motivating.

My original point was that with 1 Eliminate on a L25 dragon it's possible to earn enough in a day to pay 700g and that buying Eliminate is a small investment for the millions it earns.

Heck, just buy a pre-stoned dragon. Until we catch up on the backlog (unlikely since new genes keep coming out) there will be dragons for sale with Eliminate cheaper than the stone itself.

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Sopheroo
I definitely noticed the apparel drop rate seemed higher, which is nice, and there are way more coli familiars than I remember.

You've officially reduced my annoyance at the Eliminate stone's overall cost, thank you for being so informative! I'm gonna stick to my guns about that 600kt, but maybe my mind will change once I've been back at it a month or two. :)

@Nightwind
My primary problem with the cost is that it's a stone used in a common build that costs an arm and a leg, especially if you're just starting out. If you don't have the cash to buy a fully stoned lvl 25 dragon, the point about payoff is moot. If you can't afford to buy one common build battle stone for 8x your daily fairgrounds limit, why stick around?

I can't be convinced that that price is fine the way it is, but I'm not about to be storming any castles over it, either. At the end of the day, it's a dragon adoptable game :)
@Sopheroo
I definitely noticed the apparel drop rate seemed higher, which is nice, and there are way more coli familiars than I remember.

You've officially reduced my annoyance at the Eliminate stone's overall cost, thank you for being so informative! I'm gonna stick to my guns about that 600kt, but maybe my mind will change once I've been back at it a month or two. :)

@Nightwind
My primary problem with the cost is that it's a stone used in a common build that costs an arm and a leg, especially if you're just starting out. If you don't have the cash to buy a fully stoned lvl 25 dragon, the point about payoff is moot. If you can't afford to buy one common build battle stone for 8x your daily fairgrounds limit, why stick around?

I can't be convinced that that price is fine the way it is, but I'm not about to be storming any castles over it, either. At the end of the day, it's a dragon adoptable game :)
ywH3Spj.png
@/Toxa

"Just starting out" should probably be defined. A week? A month? My newbie goal was buying a L25 (prices 700k and up). My idea of what a L25 costs starts out a lot higher than yours because of when I joined.

Then again, I was also able to afford that dragon by the end of my first week and gave it a pass in favor of leveling up my own team. Even with terrible stats that made an Eliminate-equipped team less effective than a Sedona of the same level the income was more than plenty.

Frankly, I consider Eliminate a mid-level goal for a newbie. There's a ton of ways to make treasure and gems here that don't depend on the coli and given how many players never touch it why would a cheaper Eliminate help them?

Still, I do support adding it to all venues and either adding a Baldwin recolor (which uses Eliminate or not) or announcing it will never happen so players stop hoarding. A lot of the demand could be reduced by encouraging players to empty out their vaults.
@/Toxa

"Just starting out" should probably be defined. A week? A month? My newbie goal was buying a L25 (prices 700k and up). My idea of what a L25 costs starts out a lot higher than yours because of when I joined.

Then again, I was also able to afford that dragon by the end of my first week and gave it a pass in favor of leveling up my own team. Even with terrible stats that made an Eliminate-equipped team less effective than a Sedona of the same level the income was more than plenty.

Frankly, I consider Eliminate a mid-level goal for a newbie. There's a ton of ways to make treasure and gems here that don't depend on the coli and given how many players never touch it why would a cheaper Eliminate help them?

Still, I do support adding it to all venues and either adding a Baldwin recolor (which uses Eliminate or not) or announcing it will never happen so players stop hoarding. A lot of the demand could be reduced by encouraging players to empty out their vaults.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Support for making Eliminate drop in all venues! I don’t think it will ever be a “cheap” stone, but it would likely make the price a bit less daunting if they made it drop in the Mire.

I can’t think of a solid reason for it not to come from all venues. The Mire is one of the most popular for training fodder, sure, but... Eliminate has high demand and a low drop rate; I don’t think its price would tank if it dropped there. Unhatched eggs are similarly rare, and those still go for 220kT+ each despite dropping in all venues.
Support for making Eliminate drop in all venues! I don’t think it will ever be a “cheap” stone, but it would likely make the price a bit less daunting if they made it drop in the Mire.

I can’t think of a solid reason for it not to come from all venues. The Mire is one of the most popular for training fodder, sure, but... Eliminate has high demand and a low drop rate; I don’t think its price would tank if it dropped there. Unhatched eggs are similarly rare, and those still go for 220kT+ each despite dropping in all venues.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@toxa

You're welcome! You don't need to rely on big drops like eggs/eliminate to make bank from coli anymore!

I mean, getting them is nice, but the coli is profitable without it, especially on festival weeks! :D
@toxa

You're welcome! You don't need to rely on big drops like eggs/eliminate to make bank from coli anymore!

I mean, getting them is nice, but the coli is profitable without it, especially on festival weeks! :D
It does feel discouraging to newcomers or even people making a whole new team for fun, you don't need an eliminate to have a successful team, but it's extremely important for grinding.

Which is pretty much the only thing you do in the Coli.

I'd say eliminate should drop with the same frequency as python and morph, frequent enough that you actually see one by grinding regularly, but scarce enough that it's not every day, or even every week.
It does feel discouraging to newcomers or even people making a whole new team for fun, you don't need an eliminate to have a successful team, but it's extremely important for grinding.

Which is pretty much the only thing you do in the Coli.

I'd say eliminate should drop with the same frequency as python and morph, frequent enough that you actually see one by grinding regularly, but scarce enough that it's not every day, or even every week.
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
[quote name="JunKurosu" date="2019-02-17 22:34:03" ] I'd say eliminate should drop with the same frequency as python and morph, frequent enough that you actually see one by grinding regularly, but scarce enough that it's not every day, or even every week. [/quote] Since Python and Morph were released, I got three Eliminates, one Python, and one Morph. Their drop rate IS pretty equivalent right now. The different is that Python and Morph do drop in Mire and Crystal Pools.
JunKurosu wrote on 2019-02-17 22:34:03:

Since Python and Morph were released, I got three Eliminates, one Python, and one Morph.

Their drop rate IS pretty equivalent right now. The different is that Python and Morph do drop in Mire and Crystal Pools.
I have been here for 2 years and have never encountered an eliminate. It is insanely rare for no reason, it needs to be a little more common. Once you hit a certain level, it is hard without said eliminate.
I have been here for 2 years and have never encountered an eliminate. It is insanely rare for no reason, it needs to be a little more common. Once you hit a certain level, it is hard without said eliminate.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
I don't believe they should make Elim drop more often. I think they need to produce more battle stones so coli actually has some strategy instead of scratch scratch scratch elim. There are plenty of stones but they're all useless in comparison.
I don't believe they should make Elim drop more often. I think they need to produce more battle stones so coli actually has some strategy instead of scratch scratch scratch elim. There are plenty of stones but they're all useless in comparison.
Flight Rep Time:

Lightning|Water|Plague|Wind

Or browse some Old Oaks for sale?
[quote name="Hol" date="2019-02-18 07:02:39" ] I don't believe they should make Elim drop more often. I think they need to produce more battle stones so coli actually has some strategy instead of scratch scratch scratch elim. There are plenty of stones but they're all useless in comparison. [/quote] No matter which battle stones are added, they wouldn't be as efficient as a glass cannon for damage per second. Clerics are useful because they can keep your damage dealer alive, but there isn't much that can be done for tanks and mages to keep them as good as Eliminate users Single Player Coli isn't here to be a strategy game PvP is a different beast, and over one year after the coli revamp, it's not back yet. I'm doubting it will return
Hol wrote on 2019-02-18 07:02:39:
No matter which battle stones are added, they wouldn't be as efficient as a glass cannon for damage per second.

Clerics are useful because they can keep your damage dealer alive, but there isn't much that can be done for tanks and mages to keep them as good as Eliminate users
Single Player Coli isn't here to be a strategy game

PvP is a different beast, and over one year after the coli revamp, it's not back yet. I'm doubting it will return
1 2 3 4 5 6