Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | AH - See who you bought something from
1 2
I have bought too many things - apparel, dragons, etc - that have obviously been mispriced, and I buy it too quick before I can see who was listing it by accident.

I'm sure some of you know how it is, when you're refreshing the page for a cheap item and you see one suddenly pop up that's less than expected and you try to buy it ASAP, before you realize.. hmm... 20 treasure does seem unusually low for a dragon.

Although with dragons it's not hard for the seller to contact you, with other items it's basically impossible. I think it would be nice to see who sold it to you, so you can contact them when you feel bad.
I know there are threads, like this one , but they're not too commonly known as far as I'm aware.

However I do NOT support seeing who you sold it to. If someone regrets a sale it is still ultimately their fault and shouldn't be able to shame someone else into selling it back.
I have bought too many things - apparel, dragons, etc - that have obviously been mispriced, and I buy it too quick before I can see who was listing it by accident.

I'm sure some of you know how it is, when you're refreshing the page for a cheap item and you see one suddenly pop up that's less than expected and you try to buy it ASAP, before you realize.. hmm... 20 treasure does seem unusually low for a dragon.

Although with dragons it's not hard for the seller to contact you, with other items it's basically impossible. I think it would be nice to see who sold it to you, so you can contact them when you feel bad.
I know there are threads, like this one , but they're not too commonly known as far as I'm aware.

However I do NOT support seeing who you sold it to. If someone regrets a sale it is still ultimately their fault and shouldn't be able to shame someone else into selling it back.
Dragons with lore up for adoption
@Feverchild

Although I suppose this could still lead to harassment - someone buys a higher-priced listing than they meant to or changes their mind after a purchase and pesters the seller to take it back - those instances would probably be less common than the ones you describe. I've had that happen too, and sometimes hitting the back button to see who the seller was works, but sometimes it doesn't. So, tentatively, support.
@Feverchild

Although I suppose this could still lead to harassment - someone buys a higher-priced listing than they meant to or changes their mind after a purchase and pesters the seller to take it back - those instances would probably be less common than the ones you describe. I've had that happen too, and sometimes hitting the back button to see who the seller was works, but sometimes it doesn't. So, tentatively, support.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support! I've sniped some pretty cheap dragons and items over the years, and I would love to sell them back to whoever sold them because mispricing suuuucks, but when you're sniping, you don't really pay attention to usernames...
Support! I've sniped some pretty cheap dragons and items over the years, and I would love to sell them back to whoever sold them because mispricing suuuucks, but when you're sniping, you don't really pay attention to usernames...
jCVhFoZ.gif
Support! The information is provided to you anyway, making it available post-sale doesn't seem like it's going to cause any significant additional problems and there's the opportunity for good deeds!

As others have said, no seeing who bought your item, ofc.
Support! The information is provided to you anyway, making it available post-sale doesn't seem like it's going to cause any significant additional problems and there's the opportunity for good deeds!

As others have said, no seeing who bought your item, ofc.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I support this as well, as I feel that it wouldn't lead to a huge amount of harassment, and it would be helpful for those players who like sniping things and giving them back to the people who mispriced them.
I support this as well, as I feel that it wouldn't lead to a huge amount of harassment, and it would be helpful for those players who like sniping things and giving them back to the people who mispriced them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
While I think the suggestion is interesting, it sounds a bit guilt-trippy to me, as in as if all cheap things are mispriced and so they must be (attempted to be) returned?...
While I think the suggestion is interesting, it sounds a bit guilt-trippy to me, as in as if all cheap things are mispriced and so they must be (attempted to be) returned?...
JQQ3Fjt.png
No support. It would open people up to major harassment if they bought something that was mispriced and didn't want to return it. Once an item is bought, it's the new owner's and the previous owner has no further business knowing anything about it.
No support. It would open people up to major harassment if they bought something that was mispriced and didn't want to return it. Once an item is bought, it's the new owner's and the previous owner has no further business knowing anything about it.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill
I'm a bit curious - where would the harassment come from? No-one except the buyer knows who bought the item, and the information on who they bought it from was already available to them if they felt like noting it down. This suggestion just makes that same information available for a little longer.

Edit: on rereading your post, I think you misread the suggestion!
@Ygdrasill
I'm a bit curious - where would the harassment come from? No-one except the buyer knows who bought the item, and the information on who they bought it from was already available to them if they felt like noting it down. This suggestion just makes that same information available for a little longer.

Edit: on rereading your post, I think you misread the suggestion!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Yeah, I did, though I'm still against it. It would mean significant increase in load on the database. As it stands a given item is identical to every other item of that type. The only thing that has to be noted for each account is whatever identifier that object has. If it transfers, that entry can just be deleted in the field of one account and added to the field of whoever got it. If buyer (or seller) data had to be recorded, that would makem every item in the db unique and mean two or three more changes to the db every time an object changed hands all for a function only a few would actually care about. There are also possible ramifications with that overreaching data privacy law in effect in the EU now. I kid you not, even for data for who's buying pixel dragon items. If it can be tracked to a specific account, there are rules regarding it. If you care about who you buy from, note the name when you buy the auction.
Yeah, I did, though I'm still against it. It would mean significant increase in load on the database. As it stands a given item is identical to every other item of that type. The only thing that has to be noted for each account is whatever identifier that object has. If it transfers, that entry can just be deleted in the field of one account and added to the field of whoever got it. If buyer (or seller) data had to be recorded, that would makem every item in the db unique and mean two or three more changes to the db every time an object changed hands all for a function only a few would actually care about. There are also possible ramifications with that overreaching data privacy law in effect in the EU now. I kid you not, even for data for who's buying pixel dragon items. If it can be tracked to a specific account, there are rules regarding it. If you care about who you buy from, note the name when you buy the auction.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill

I'm pretty certain that items are tracked by some kind of unique ID already - otherwise we wouldn't have the issue with CRs saying that a user doesn't have the items to complete the trade if they so happen to move one of many identical items that happened to be earmarked for the trade.
@Ygdrasill

I'm pretty certain that items are tracked by some kind of unique ID already - otherwise we wouldn't have the issue with CRs saying that a user doesn't have the items to complete the trade if they so happen to move one of many identical items that happened to be earmarked for the trade.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
1 2