Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Background(TM)
1 2 3
imagine if we could have scenery backgrounds to go behind our dragons!!

-we could have one for each coli venue which would be really cute. rare coli drops or treasure marketplace items perhaps
-brewable Baldwin background that looks like potion shop/apothecary shelves?
-it wouldn't work as apparel since it goes behind the dragon, but maybe it could be a new item type? or, if this isn't possible for some reason, it could have a dragon-shaped cutout for each breed lmao
-they would probably not play nicely with the invisibility cloak but then again there's a LOT of apparel that doesn't work well together :"^)
-light-colored stuff like the luminous halo would look super awesome on a dark background
imagine if we could have scenery backgrounds to go behind our dragons!!

-we could have one for each coli venue which would be really cute. rare coli drops or treasure marketplace items perhaps
-brewable Baldwin background that looks like potion shop/apothecary shelves?
-it wouldn't work as apparel since it goes behind the dragon, but maybe it could be a new item type? or, if this isn't possible for some reason, it could have a dragon-shaped cutout for each breed lmao
-they would probably not play nicely with the invisibility cloak but then again there's a LOT of apparel that doesn't work well together :"^)
-light-colored stuff like the luminous halo would look super awesome on a dark background
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
id even be happy with just. solid colors. any kind of background that isnt a white void.
also this would be an easy(?) way to further customize hatchlings since.. therwe wouldnt be much of a reason ti discluse them from such a feature <
id even be happy with just. solid colors. any kind of background that isnt a white void.
also this would be an easy(?) way to further customize hatchlings since.. therwe wouldnt be much of a reason ti discluse them from such a feature <
@chespin oh backgrounds for hatchlings is a great idea!! :~D and yeah solid colors or maybe patterns like argyle would be really cute too!
@chespin oh backgrounds for hatchlings is a great idea!! :~D and yeah solid colors or maybe patterns like argyle would be really cute too!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
YES GIVE ME ARGYLE FOR MY NERD DRAGONS
YES GIVE ME ARGYLE FOR MY NERD DRAGONS
I'd really like backgrounds for my dragons so definitely support :D
I'd really like backgrounds for my dragons so definitely support :D
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I have supported this for years. It wouldn't be such a burden for the artists since one BG would work for all genes, species, poses etc. These could even be used on a perma babies.

All this would need is the Coli to exclude loading BGs so that dragons don't get blocked (so we can still click on them for Rally and healing).
I have supported this for years. It wouldn't be such a burden for the artists since one BG would work for all genes, species, poses etc. These could even be used on a perma babies.

All this would need is the Coli to exclude loading BGs so that dragons don't get blocked (so we can still click on them for Rally and healing).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I would love this! Something similar to this is available on Neopets, and it's a great customization element.
I would love this! Something similar to this is available on Neopets, and it's a great customization element.
Lore shop closed for good :(
support: yes they are change dragons beautiful.

No Support: do you think can dragons battle with their background in coliseum?
support: yes they are change dragons beautiful.

No Support: do you think can dragons battle with their background in coliseum?
Backgrounds akin to how Chicken Smoothie has theirs (layered below the pet, no need to cut the pet shape out) would be interesting! Perhaps it can be a thing similar to skins and accents, where people can pay gems to get their background implemented into the game? No work for the site artists, a good way to get more people to buy gems, and! A good thing for those who are more talented in backgrounds than selling art of the dragons/accents/skins/etc.
Backgrounds akin to how Chicken Smoothie has theirs (layered below the pet, no need to cut the pet shape out) would be interesting! Perhaps it can be a thing similar to skins and accents, where people can pay gems to get their background implemented into the game? No work for the site artists, a good way to get more people to buy gems, and! A good thing for those who are more talented in backgrounds than selling art of the dragons/accents/skins/etc.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-12-07 21:41:31" ] I have supported this for years. It wouldn't be such a burden for the artists since one BG would work for all genes, species, poses etc. These could even be used on a perma babies. All this would need is the Coli to exclude loading BGs so that dragons don't get blocked (so we can still click on them for Rally and healing). [/quote] ONe of the things is that this would require coding to make it layer behind the dragon, but on the plus side it would mean it should be simple to strip the background off in the coliseum. (ie have the code make it so it just doesn't show up) I have long supported backgrounds, however, I do not support user created backgrounds as that would most likely be even more work for the site staff than the artists creating their own. They would need stricter moderation than skins (people can already get skins that are basically copy/paste things, but it is harder since it has to fit the dragon shape and have the lines and shadow visible.). Also, this would mean that no site artist backgrounds would be released in all probability. Except for some of the very earliest skins, all other skins on site were created by user artists. This would mean, unless there were contests for MP treasure place, no backgrounds would be available for treasure unless someone is willing to sell a background they most likely bought for gems for treasure. Plus, I feel artists already have enough opportunity on site, and don't want to see Flight Rising do like some other sites, where artists have multiple advantages over non-artists. I would love multiple types of backgrounds: Simple colors - Solid colors that simply add something besides white to the dragon's image. Gradients - simple gradients that can be rainbow, or from purple to blue etc.. Simple shapes - Think the Neopets banner. Solid colors with simple shapes, both outlined and solid. More abstract - Like the shapes one, but more abstract themed, like multiple rectangles in various colors Simple landscapes - Nothing fancy or even really realistic, but simplistic landscapes. Not that detailed, maybe some more cartoony ones, doesn't need to have complex shading etc.. Complex landscapes - These would be on the order of the coliseum venue backgrounds, detailed, fully shaded, etc...
gemajgall wrote on 2018-12-07 21:41:31:

ONe of the things is that this would require coding to make it layer behind the dragon, but on the plus side it would mean it should be simple to strip the background off in the coliseum. (ie have the code make it so it just doesn't show up)

I have long supported backgrounds, however, I do not support user created backgrounds as that would most likely be even more work for the site staff than the artists creating their own.

They would need stricter moderation than skins (people can already get skins that are basically copy/paste things, but it is harder since it has to fit the dragon shape and have the lines and shadow visible.).

Also, this would mean that no site artist backgrounds would be released in all probability. Except for some of the very earliest skins, all other skins on site were created by user artists. This would mean, unless there were contests for MP treasure place, no backgrounds would be available for treasure unless someone is willing to sell a background they most likely bought for gems for treasure.

Plus, I feel artists already have enough opportunity on site, and don't want to see Flight Rising do like some other sites, where artists have multiple advantages over non-artists.

I would love multiple types of backgrounds:

Simple colors - Solid colors that simply add something besides white to the dragon's image.

Gradients - simple gradients that can be rainbow, or from purple to blue etc..

Simple shapes - Think the Neopets banner. Solid colors with simple shapes, both outlined and solid.

More abstract - Like the shapes one, but more abstract themed, like multiple rectangles in various colors

Simple landscapes - Nothing fancy or even really realistic, but simplistic landscapes. Not that detailed, maybe some more cartoony ones, doesn't need to have complex shading etc..

Complex landscapes - These would be on the order of the coliseum venue backgrounds, detailed, fully shaded, etc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3