Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let Users Delete Accounts
1 2 3 4 5
I don't support if everything is to be deleted including Imperial scrolls, Boolean, and many other kickstarter exclusive items. I don't approve of selling the stuff either, but deleting it completely knocks out that specific item ever becoming available to collectors. Since eventually, the numbers dwindle down further and further until the only people who have them are inactive users or people who don't want to sell them. Collectors, of course.
I don't support if everything is to be deleted including Imperial scrolls, Boolean, and many other kickstarter exclusive items. I don't approve of selling the stuff either, but deleting it completely knocks out that specific item ever becoming available to collectors. Since eventually, the numbers dwindle down further and further until the only people who have them are inactive users or people who don't want to sell them. Collectors, of course.
m91xEaw.png
[quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 20:32:29" ] I don't support if everything is to be deleted including Imperial scrolls, Boolean, and many other kickstarter exclusive items. I don't approve of selling the stuff either, but deleting it completely knocks out that specific item ever becoming available to collectors. Since eventually, the numbers dwindle down further and further until the only people who have them are inactive users or people who don't want to sell them. Collectors, of course. [/quote] This will happen regardless. If these people are going to simply quit the site, those items are basically deleted anyways. The chances of people who want to quit and deleting their accounts A. Coming back months/years down the road and selling the stuff is very slim. Probably, practically non-existent. and/or B. NOT selling very valuable items off the account themselves to trade for other site currencies is also very slim. So, I don't really think that, just because someone may delete a very valuable item, others should not have the ability to erase their presence off of a site.
Wolfieboy wrote on 2018-06-21 20:32:29:
This will happen regardless. If these people are going to simply quit the site, those items are basically deleted anyways. The chances of people who want to quit and deleting their accounts

A. Coming back months/years down the road and selling the stuff is very slim. Probably, practically non-existent.

and/or

B. NOT selling very valuable items off the account themselves to trade for other site currencies is also very slim.

So, I don't really think that, just because someone may delete a very valuable item, others should not have the ability to erase their presence off of a site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-06-21 22:03:05" ] [quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 20:32:29" ] I don't support if everything is to be deleted including Imperial scrolls, Boolean, and many other kickstarter exclusive items. I don't approve of selling the stuff either, but deleting it completely knocks out that specific item ever becoming available to collectors. Since eventually, the numbers dwindle down further and further until the only people who have them are inactive users or people who don't want to sell them. Collectors, of course. [/quote] This will happen regardless. If these people are going to simply quit the site, those items are basically deleted anyways. The chances of people who want to quit and deleting their accounts A. Coming back months/years down the road and selling the stuff is very slim. Probably, practically non-existent. and/or B. NOT selling very valuable items off the account themselves to trade for other site currencies is also very slim. So, I don't really think that, just because someone may delete a very valuable item, others should not have the ability to erase their presence off of a site. [/quote] That is true too, I suppose. Though the staff has already made it a point with the Boolean stolen thing that only a certain number of those items exist and they wouldn't do anything themselves to raise or lower that number. I wish I could remember where the thread was though.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-06-21 22:03:05:
This will happen regardless. If these people are going to simply quit the site, those items are basically deleted anyways. The chances of people who want to quit and deleting their accounts

A. Coming back months/years down the road and selling the stuff is very slim. Probably, practically non-existent.

and/or

B. NOT selling very valuable items off the account themselves to trade for other site currencies is also very slim.

So, I don't really think that, just because someone may delete a very valuable item, others should not have the ability to erase their presence off of a site.

That is true too, I suppose. Though the staff has already made it a point with the Boolean stolen thing that only a certain number of those items exist and they wouldn't do anything themselves to raise or lower that number. I wish I could remember where the thread was though.
m91xEaw.png
support since it would free some site space
support since it would free some site space
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Support, definite support, would clear things up a bit, and also might lower the number of heartaches when people see a dragon they really want in a dead lair.
Support, definite support, would clear things up a bit, and also might lower the number of heartaches when people see a dragon they really want in a dead lair.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
I support the option of permanent account deletion. I don't plan on using it anytime soon but I would like to have the option available should I ever need or want to use it.
I support the option of permanent account deletion. I don't plan on using it anytime soon but I would like to have the option available should I ever need or want to use it.
bump
bump
@SapphicDiamonds Please don't bump threads outside of the exempt sales forums. It's against site rules. Thanks!
@SapphicDiamonds Please don't bump threads outside of the exempt sales forums. It's against site rules. Thanks!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
[b]Lots of support.[/b] It would be a choice by the user so people who choose to leave accounts inactive can't really be blamed since it was likely a conscious choice too, as you said there are very valid reasons that someone may want to do this, and it helps clear up empty space that may be very useful, like in the case of usernames people want. Additionally, if for whatever reason someone broke the rules and created more than 1 account, it gives them a chance to rectify that, which simply doesn't exist now. I also support the idea of having a grace period, like the 6 months that is suggested in the quote, but I feel like 6 months is a little long. Last I checked, FB has a grace period of 2 weeks where you start by going in and selecting "delete my account" then you're sent an e-mail, and I believe they send you another one a week or so after. You don't log in for those 2 weeks, and then boom - FB account deleted. Change your mind? Just log back in, simple as that. I feel like this is ample time but also think would be fair to increase to a month. Anything beyond that and receiving an e-mail about it would just be irritating and unnecessary like "Yes, I'm [i]sure[/i] FR; I [i]seriously[/i] I want to delete my account." Also more importantly, it leaves someone deleting their account to escape an abuser [i]6 solid months[/i] to track you via this method vs 2 - 4 weeks. [s]However, I'm just waiting for the post where someone says something like [i]"But what if that user has a Light Sprite? Will it just be deleted!?!?!?!"[/i][/s] whoop dere it is: [quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 23:37:47" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-06-21 22:03:05" ] [quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 20:32:29" ] I don't support if everything is to be deleted including Imperial scrolls, Boolean, and many other kickstarter exclusive items. I don't approve of selling the stuff either, but deleting it completely knocks out that specific item ever becoming available to collectors. Since eventually, the numbers dwindle down further and further until the only people who have them are inactive users or people who don't want to sell them. Collectors, of course. [/quote] This will happen regardless. If these people are going to simply quit the site, those items are basically deleted anyways. The chances of people who want to quit and deleting their accounts A. Coming back months/years down the road and selling the stuff is very slim. Probably, practically non-existent. and/or B. NOT selling very valuable items off the account themselves to trade for other site currencies is also very slim. So, I don't really think that, just because someone may delete a very valuable item, others should not have the ability to erase their presence off of a site. [/quote] That is true too, I suppose. Though the staff has already made it a point with the Boolean stolen thing that only a certain number of those items exist and they wouldn't do anything themselves to raise or lower that number. I wish I could remember where the thread was though. [/quote] @Wolfieboy @Jemadar - May I offer a suggestion? With cheap stuff like wraps or highnoon hanks nobody really gives a ratatouille what directly it goes, but for retired things like the KS stuff or Sprites for example, letting people literally just erase them from existence will undoubtedly cause uproar (and I completely understand why even though I'm only mildly invested). So to allow rare items to cycle back in [i]fairly and justly[/i] without any staff intervention, I think RNG should hold complete control. If an account is being straight up deleted and a person forgets/doesn't care to sell the items in their hoard/that their dragons are wearing/etc. then I think there should be a place for this stuff to go, even the cheap stuff. [b]My personal vote is that this is what fuels Pinkerton's Plundered Pile.[/b] This can be an addition to the pool that Pinkerton already has, that way it never goes empty and increases the pot to decrease the likelihood of receiving one of these rare, abandoned items; this same rarity can be applied to all abandoned items regardless of their rarity (thus making it equally as absurdly rare to receive an abandoned Steampunk Scarf as it is to get a Cog Frog) or can work on a rarity system depending on popular demand/staff choice. Either way, I think having cheap items involved is a good idea because it further decreases the odds of receiving one of those sweet loots even more than it's already set at. Items that are left behind would then be naturally redistributed to the site and economy to active users as people go through the motions of their dailies. Some lucky soul will be blessed by RNGesus and obtain an abandoned Cranial Hornhelm or Cloudy Wings, keeping or selling it at their leisure; whatever they do, the item has cycled back into active use. It doesn't have a value attached to it by staff that way, and it would be difficult to abuse a randomized system at that point. Any guilt that a former user deleting his/her account might feel is taken off their shoulders, anyone offended at the thought of those sought-after pixels is fairly satiated with a very, very slim, basically miraculous chance at winning a lottery, of sorts. Would you support if there was something like this implemented with it? I personally would go as far as adding that after maybe a year without someone logging in, you receive an e-mail that your account has gone into this mode in order to clean up old, inactive accounts/website just wasting space as well as to encourage people to return to the site, but that is a very controversial issue that is likely considered off topic here, so I digress.
Lots of support. It would be a choice by the user so people who choose to leave accounts inactive can't really be blamed since it was likely a conscious choice too, as you said there are very valid reasons that someone may want to do this, and it helps clear up empty space that may be very useful, like in the case of usernames people want. Additionally, if for whatever reason someone broke the rules and created more than 1 account, it gives them a chance to rectify that, which simply doesn't exist now.

I also support the idea of having a grace period, like the 6 months that is suggested in the quote, but I feel like 6 months is a little long. Last I checked, FB has a grace period of 2 weeks where you start by going in and selecting "delete my account" then you're sent an e-mail, and I believe they send you another one a week or so after. You don't log in for those 2 weeks, and then boom - FB account deleted. Change your mind? Just log back in, simple as that. I feel like this is ample time but also think would be fair to increase to a month. Anything beyond that and receiving an e-mail about it would just be irritating and unnecessary like "Yes, I'm sure FR; I seriously I want to delete my account." Also more importantly, it leaves someone deleting their account to escape an abuser 6 solid months to track you via this method vs 2 - 4 weeks.

However, I'm just waiting for the post where someone says something like "But what if that user has a Light Sprite? Will it just be deleted!?!?!?!" whoop dere it is:
Wolfieboy wrote on 2018-06-21 23:37:47:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-06-21 22:03:05:

and/or

That is true too, I suppose. Though the staff has already made it a point with the Boolean stolen thing that only a certain number of those items exist and they wouldn't do anything themselves to raise or lower that number. I wish I could remember where the thread was though.

@Wolfieboy @Jemadar - May I offer a suggestion?

With cheap stuff like wraps or highnoon hanks nobody really gives a ratatouille what directly it goes, but for retired things like the KS stuff or Sprites for example, letting people literally just erase them from existence will undoubtedly cause uproar (and I completely understand why even though I'm only mildly invested). So to allow rare items to cycle back in fairly and justly without any staff intervention, I think RNG should hold complete control.

If an account is being straight up deleted and a person forgets/doesn't care to sell the items in their hoard/that their dragons are wearing/etc. then I think there should be a place for this stuff to go, even the cheap stuff. My personal vote is that this is what fuels Pinkerton's Plundered Pile. This can be an addition to the pool that Pinkerton already has, that way it never goes empty and increases the pot to decrease the likelihood of receiving one of these rare, abandoned items; this same rarity can be applied to all abandoned items regardless of their rarity (thus making it equally as absurdly rare to receive an abandoned Steampunk Scarf as it is to get a Cog Frog) or can work on a rarity system depending on popular demand/staff choice. Either way, I think having cheap items involved is a good idea because it further decreases the odds of receiving one of those sweet loots even more than it's already set at.

Items that are left behind would then be naturally redistributed to the site and economy to active users as people go through the motions of their dailies. Some lucky soul will be blessed by RNGesus and obtain an abandoned Cranial Hornhelm or Cloudy Wings, keeping or selling it at their leisure; whatever they do, the item has cycled back into active use. It doesn't have a value attached to it by staff that way, and it would be difficult to abuse a randomized system at that point. Any guilt that a former user deleting his/her account might feel is taken off their shoulders, anyone offended at the thought of those sought-after pixels is fairly satiated with a very, very slim, basically miraculous chance at winning a lottery, of sorts.

Would you support if there was something like this implemented with it?

I personally would go as far as adding that after maybe a year without someone logging in, you receive an e-mail that your account has gone into this mode in order to clean up old, inactive accounts/website just wasting space as well as to encourage people to return to the site, but that is a very controversial issue that is likely considered off topic here, so I digress.
aBcTdao.png
ePOliyb.pngmTAp2ld.pngNlmYDAS.pngq9EEy5M.png
fdUVIfW.png
to PsychoticRomance 70834
ejtsBdV.png

Cute lil flyin' dergin
7fINQj7.gif

Kiwi's Hatchery
zkAFsLJ.png

Tiger head linking to my carrd
xztAvSq.png
I still don't agree with anything, period, being 'taken' from those accounts and given away or sold, unless the owner of said account wants it to be done.

I can understand the one side, but, those items still belong to the account that holds them. If the user had wanted them to be given away or sold, they would have done so, and for whatever reason they had to do it, it is still theirs to decide what should be done with it.

The same with dragons. Old IDs, gen1 imps (not progens), gen2 imps, etc... all those are 'valuable' as well, and can't be replicated either, so why should those be allowed to be 'deleted' by exalting them? shouldn't there be some system in place to protect those valuable assets? (BTW, I do not think this).

The bottom line is, all value on items AND dragons is player run. So saying that X shouldn't be deleted because it is worth $$$$ means that Y shouldn't be deleted because it is worth $$$$ as well. But, what happens if, for some reason, the market for X crashed and it was suddenly only worth $? Should it still be the same deal that they can't be deleted? Or does the system have to look at the market and decide what can be deleted or not? What about rarely cycled items? There are some items that haven't been cycled for what, 3 years? should those be taken into consideration, considering that it could be years before they are cycled back in? (and then only for a day or two)

Again, if players wanted to distribute their items before they left (whether or not they delete the account) then they would. If the issue is retired items slowly going extinct by being deleted or locked on accounts that will never get rid of them (which is an issue NOW, without deletion), then there are far simpler solutions to the dilemma than doing what many people consider stealing from someone's account. FR staff have complete control over how many of any item is in the system. They can delete or add items to the system any time they want (and yes, if they started deleting or adding items willy-nilly, there would be an uproar).

I feel that by saying that 'retired items' will be redistributed, no matter in what way, this would make accounts that hold those items targets for people (not even necessarily players of the game) who are looking to gain the retired items for themselves (even with RNG there is always the chance that a new player will get a light sprite and not know the value of it, and sell it for far cheaper than it is worth) or just cause discord on the site. (coming from neopets, I feel this is a distinct possiblity should FR ever start becoming as big as NP).

Not to mention, should they ever start the precedent of taking items from accounts, even those that are being deleted, this will open up even more talk about removing items from long dead accounts, because those were from before deletion was possible, and since they have been dead for X years, they aren't coming back right?

Basically, my stance is that these items (and dragons) belong to the player who owns the account (and ultimately to FR) and so it should be up to the player who owns the account to decide what they want to do with the items.

I am pretty sure that there would be very few scenarios in which a player left a light sprite, or KS item on their account when deleting. (I know some people would, either through malicious intent of making those items rarer or simply for getting about them, but I very much doubt there would be a great many players who do). It would be far more likely that these players would sell those items off to get currency for whatever game they are going to be playing next. If they aren't going to be playing a game, they are likely to give away those items. For the few that wouldn't, that is their choice.

@CartelSaide

Saw your edit, and as stated above, no, still don't agree with it, and definitely don't agree with an email being sent to inactive accounts to basically tell them that their account is going to be 'plundered' for rare and valuable stuff.
I still don't agree with anything, period, being 'taken' from those accounts and given away or sold, unless the owner of said account wants it to be done.

I can understand the one side, but, those items still belong to the account that holds them. If the user had wanted them to be given away or sold, they would have done so, and for whatever reason they had to do it, it is still theirs to decide what should be done with it.

The same with dragons. Old IDs, gen1 imps (not progens), gen2 imps, etc... all those are 'valuable' as well, and can't be replicated either, so why should those be allowed to be 'deleted' by exalting them? shouldn't there be some system in place to protect those valuable assets? (BTW, I do not think this).

The bottom line is, all value on items AND dragons is player run. So saying that X shouldn't be deleted because it is worth $$$$ means that Y shouldn't be deleted because it is worth $$$$ as well. But, what happens if, for some reason, the market for X crashed and it was suddenly only worth $? Should it still be the same deal that they can't be deleted? Or does the system have to look at the market and decide what can be deleted or not? What about rarely cycled items? There are some items that haven't been cycled for what, 3 years? should those be taken into consideration, considering that it could be years before they are cycled back in? (and then only for a day or two)

Again, if players wanted to distribute their items before they left (whether or not they delete the account) then they would. If the issue is retired items slowly going extinct by being deleted or locked on accounts that will never get rid of them (which is an issue NOW, without deletion), then there are far simpler solutions to the dilemma than doing what many people consider stealing from someone's account. FR staff have complete control over how many of any item is in the system. They can delete or add items to the system any time they want (and yes, if they started deleting or adding items willy-nilly, there would be an uproar).

I feel that by saying that 'retired items' will be redistributed, no matter in what way, this would make accounts that hold those items targets for people (not even necessarily players of the game) who are looking to gain the retired items for themselves (even with RNG there is always the chance that a new player will get a light sprite and not know the value of it, and sell it for far cheaper than it is worth) or just cause discord on the site. (coming from neopets, I feel this is a distinct possiblity should FR ever start becoming as big as NP).

Not to mention, should they ever start the precedent of taking items from accounts, even those that are being deleted, this will open up even more talk about removing items from long dead accounts, because those were from before deletion was possible, and since they have been dead for X years, they aren't coming back right?

Basically, my stance is that these items (and dragons) belong to the player who owns the account (and ultimately to FR) and so it should be up to the player who owns the account to decide what they want to do with the items.

I am pretty sure that there would be very few scenarios in which a player left a light sprite, or KS item on their account when deleting. (I know some people would, either through malicious intent of making those items rarer or simply for getting about them, but I very much doubt there would be a great many players who do). It would be far more likely that these players would sell those items off to get currency for whatever game they are going to be playing next. If they aren't going to be playing a game, they are likely to give away those items. For the few that wouldn't, that is their choice.

@CartelSaide

Saw your edit, and as stated above, no, still don't agree with it, and definitely don't agree with an email being sent to inactive accounts to basically tell them that their account is going to be 'plundered' for rare and valuable stuff.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5