Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let Users Delete Accounts
1 2 3 4 5
@struddler

As far as I know, FR never deletes any accounts. In fact, I believe they have stated that they have no plans to do so because they want players to be able to come back at any point, no matter how long they have been gone.

I don't even think they delete banned accounts, because they can always appeal, and I don't know if they have a status for a 'permaban'.
@struddler

As far as I know, FR never deletes any accounts. In fact, I believe they have stated that they have no plans to do so because they want players to be able to come back at any point, no matter how long they have been gone.

I don't even think they delete banned accounts, because they can always appeal, and I don't know if they have a status for a 'permaban'.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support, with two caveats:
- How to deal with the forum posts? I know on Imgur and Reddit, if an account is deleted, the post content stays (unless moderated) but the account name becomes [deleted]. Can't remember seeing deleted accounts on other sites' forums.
- How to deal with the empty IDs? Just... nobody has that ID any more, the page 404's?
- How to deal with the forum posts? I know on Imgur and Reddit, if an account is deleted, the post content stays (unless moderated) but the account name becomes [deleted]. Can't remember seeing deleted accounts on other sites' forums.
- How to deal with the empty IDs? Just... nobody has that ID any more, the page 404's?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2018-07-12 01:54:16" ] Support, with two caveats: - How to deal with the forum posts? I know on Imgur and Reddit, if an account is deleted, the post content stays (unless moderated) but the account name becomes [deleted]. Can't remember seeing deleted accounts on other sites' forums. - How to deal with the empty IDs? Just... nobody has that ID any more, the page 404's? [/quote] I don't remember whether it was this one or another post about deleting accounts, but someone brought up, for both of them, that these accounts could be 'wiped' and have their name changed either to their IDs, or a generic 'deletedXXXX' name. So, when looking up that particular ID, you would still see a regular account, but it would be empty, no dragons, no post activity (if possible to wipe it), no name, birthday, recent activity, comments etc.. (no items, but without dragons, that isn't something a regular user could see). The name of the account would be either the account ID or Deleted00001. That would preserve both posts and the slot for the ID. Without anything on the account, it would be very difficult to know who owned the account as you wouldn't even know the origiinal name. The only way that the original name could potentially be found is through pings, as those keep the original names (which is very confusing when you see someone pinging a person who has never posted on that thread, or it seems like it), but I feel that is a minor issue, and says more about the person who went looking for the original name. (as in they would have to search for posts by that ID number and then read the threads to find people who pinged that account)
Renaiwom wrote on 2018-07-12 01:54:16:

I don't remember whether it was this one or another post about deleting accounts, but someone brought up, for both of them, that these accounts could be 'wiped' and have their name changed either to their IDs, or a generic 'deletedXXXX' name.

So, when looking up that particular ID, you would still see a regular account, but it would be empty, no dragons, no post activity (if possible to wipe it), no name, birthday, recent activity, comments etc.. (no items, but without dragons, that isn't something a regular user could see).

The name of the account would be either the account ID or Deleted00001.

That would preserve both posts and the slot for the ID. Without anything on the account, it would be very difficult to know who owned the account as you wouldn't even know the origiinal name.

The only way that the original name could potentially be found is through pings, as those keep the original names (which is very confusing when you see someone pinging a person who has never posted on that thread, or it seems like it), but I feel that is a minor issue, and says more about the person who went looking for the original name. (as in they would have to search for posts by that ID number and then read the threads to find people who pinged that account)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I know there are some reasons, but please, enable deleting accounts.
I know there are some reasons, but please, enable deleting accounts.
Support! I never understood why we couldn't do this anyway.
Support! I never understood why we couldn't do this anyway.
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
I heard that nowadays admins will lock the account if asked to. That should solve all the solveable provlems regarding wanting to stop playing FR.
I heard that nowadays admins will lock the account if asked to. That should solve all the solveable provlems regarding wanting to stop playing FR.
[quote name="Ekon" date="2019-01-06 09:18:18" ] I heard that nowadays admins will lock the account if asked to. That should solve all the solveable provlems regarding wanting to stop playing FR. [/quote] Not really. While locking the account is good A. it isn't a really well known feature B. Sometimes people want EVERYTHING gone, as in their entire presence erased from the site. Locking an account preserves it as it was at the time of being locked. This isn't the same thing as deleting. C. can you get the admins to 'unlock' an account? (this is a genuine question, but not one I think any one can really answer). If so, then it means it is still even further from being able to delete your account.
Ekon wrote on 2019-01-06 09:18:18:
Not really.

While locking the account is good

A. it isn't a really well known feature

B. Sometimes people want EVERYTHING gone, as in their entire presence erased from the site. Locking an account preserves it as it was at the time of being locked. This isn't the same thing as deleting.

C. can you get the admins to 'unlock' an account? (this is a genuine question, but not one I think any one can really answer). If so, then it means it is still even further from being able to delete your account.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-01-06 09:40:15" ] [quote name="Ekon" date="2019-01-06 09:18:18" ] I heard that nowadays admins will lock the account if asked to. That should solve all the solveable provlems regarding wanting to stop playing FR. [/quote] Not really. While locking the account is good A. it isn't a really well known feature B. Sometimes people want EVERYTHING gone, as in their entire presence erased from the site. Locking an account preserves it as it was at the time of being locked. This isn't the same thing as deleting. C. can you get the admins to 'unlock' an account? (this is a genuine question, but not one I think any one can really answer). If so, then it means it is still even further from being able to delete your account. [/quote] That is mostly what I implied when sayin all solveable problems are solved. Its unlikely that completely erasing a user is possible. Broken lineages and possibly even ID problem. Forum would probably messed up too but that can allready happen now. As for it not being well known... if you want to go more permanently the first logic choices would be to either ask the support or post on the forums. Both would lead to people getting to know about this if they didn't before. So this is not an actual problem. As for "getting back in" who knows? Depends probably on the admins. Then again... if the player decides to come back its basically easy as pie to just make a new account. So if people are really that indecisive that they go all the way to lock an account and then have it unlocked again you won't ba able to stop them from that nor from making a new account.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-01-06 09:40:15:
Ekon wrote on 2019-01-06 09:18:18:
Not really.

While locking the account is good

A. it isn't a really well known feature

B. Sometimes people want EVERYTHING gone, as in their entire presence erased from the site. Locking an account preserves it as it was at the time of being locked. This isn't the same thing as deleting.

C. can you get the admins to 'unlock' an account? (this is a genuine question, but not one I think any one can really answer). If so, then it means it is still even further from being able to delete your account.

That is mostly what I implied when sayin all solveable problems are solved. Its unlikely that completely erasing a user is possible. Broken lineages and possibly even ID problem. Forum would probably messed up too but that can allready happen now.

As for it not being well known... if you want to go more permanently the first logic choices would be to either ask the support or post on the forums. Both would lead to people getting to know about this if they didn't before. So this is not an actual problem.

As for "getting back in" who knows? Depends probably on the admins. Then again... if the player decides to come back its basically easy as pie to just make a new account. So if people are really that indecisive that they go all the way to lock an account and then have it unlocked again you won't ba able to stop them from that nor from making a new account.
@jemadar

I know someone that asked for their account to be closed, and then reopened 6 months later.

So yeah, not permanent

SPOILERS, IT WAS ME
@jemadar

I know someone that asked for their account to be closed, and then reopened 6 months later.

So yeah, not permanent

SPOILERS, IT WAS ME
@Sopheroo

Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't known anyone had locked their account, then asked for it back.
@Sopheroo

Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't known anyone had locked their account, then asked for it back.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5