Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 111 112
I'd also like to remind everyone that a dragon with special eyes is not actually any more valuable than a dragon with Common eyes. All Level 1 dragons are worth somewhere between 2-3kt according to the system, unless they qualify for certain daily bonuses. Eyes are not one of those bonuses. Any other "value" is assigned by the userbase. Even the staff didn't directly use the word "valuable" to describe the new hatchlings, I believe they always use the word "special."

And spending hundreds of thousands of treasure on one of these eye-vials (either directly or through gathering the materials) is not necessarily going to mean your dragon is worth hundreds of thousands more in the eyes of the userbase. For example, triple-gened G1s rarely sell for the cost of sum of their genes.

I know I'm not exactly putting any new information on the table here, I just wanted to remind folks to keep it in perspective.
I'd also like to remind everyone that a dragon with special eyes is not actually any more valuable than a dragon with Common eyes. All Level 1 dragons are worth somewhere between 2-3kt according to the system, unless they qualify for certain daily bonuses. Eyes are not one of those bonuses. Any other "value" is assigned by the userbase. Even the staff didn't directly use the word "valuable" to describe the new hatchlings, I believe they always use the word "special."

And spending hundreds of thousands of treasure on one of these eye-vials (either directly or through gathering the materials) is not necessarily going to mean your dragon is worth hundreds of thousands more in the eyes of the userbase. For example, triple-gened G1s rarely sell for the cost of sum of their genes.

I know I'm not exactly putting any new information on the table here, I just wanted to remind folks to keep it in perspective.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara True. But it doesn't have to be worth alot to someone else, if the dragon is worth alot to you. I know I've spent alot of time/money on dragons that others may find worthless and vice Versa.

All about how you want your own dragons to look, and the vials would help with that.
@Ridara True. But it doesn't have to be worth alot to someone else, if the dragon is worth alot to you. I know I've spent alot of time/money on dragons that others may find worthless and vice Versa.

All about how you want your own dragons to look, and the vials would help with that.
r0TEJcn.gif
Mar||INFP-T||Chaotic Neutral||FR Clock +3||*Rp!||Lioden
x0iVMgw.png
Usually buying art. PM me & let me commission you!!
19389_90ce43590987e43c_I.gif13150_6082608227cbe796_I.gif3379_104bee4741d0976d_I.gif 4640_cff8fd95c80db023_I.gif 3433_bb0886194e8d3513_I.gif5234_330dbb072405bbcd_I.gif
Auctioning a XXY G1 here!
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
@Twye You seem to think I'm saying the opposite of what I'm trying to say. I apologize, that was my mistake. XD

What I'm trying to say is this: The rich are not going to get any richer by selling dragons. Out of the wealthiest players on the site, most have gotten there by training and exalting, by running art shops or other specialty shops, or by buying gems with real money.

Saying the scrolls add "value" to the dragons is utter nonsense, so in that case, why not let us have them?
@Twye You seem to think I'm saying the opposite of what I'm trying to say. I apologize, that was my mistake. XD

What I'm trying to say is this: The rich are not going to get any richer by selling dragons. Out of the wealthiest players on the site, most have gotten there by training and exalting, by running art shops or other specialty shops, or by buying gems with real money.

Saying the scrolls add "value" to the dragons is utter nonsense, so in that case, why not let us have them?
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara Nonono, I took it as you being for them! I'm just adding on to it, since most of the recent posts seem to be about selling/market value for the dragons.

Tbh i agree with you! I literally see no reason why we should not have them. It doesn't add value, yeah, cause of what you said and eye types don't pass down, so it's still random.
@Ridara Nonono, I took it as you being for them! I'm just adding on to it, since most of the recent posts seem to be about selling/market value for the dragons.

Tbh i agree with you! I literally see no reason why we should not have them. It doesn't add value, yeah, cause of what you said and eye types don't pass down, so it's still random.
r0TEJcn.gif
x0iVMgw.png
19389_90ce43590987e43c_I.gif13150_6082608227cbe796_I.gif3379_104bee4741d0976d_I.gif 4640_cff8fd95c80db023_I.gif 3433_bb0886194e8d3513_I.gif5234_330dbb072405bbcd_I.gif
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
@Twye Hooo boyo, ain't we just fantastic at communication today. *splashes tea on own face* XD I apologize again.
@Twye Hooo boyo, ain't we just fantastic at communication today. *splashes tea on own face* XD I apologize again.
@Ridara LOL. I'm bad at it most of the time, so don't even worry about it. xD as long as we cleared it up in the end, yeah? :>
@Ridara LOL. I'm bad at it most of the time, so don't even worry about it. xD as long as we cleared it up in the end, yeah? :>
r0TEJcn.gif
x0iVMgw.png
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
@Coldblooded - I see where you're coming from now, yeah! I think my first post was half in response to yours, and half in response to other comments I'd seen, so my brain got them mixed up, haha.

Since the vials coming from Coli/Baldwin/Swipp would still make them purchasable by other users, I don't feel like it would be too much different from having specific eye vials in the Gem MP? Especially since Primal/Multi/Faceted vials would likely be very expensive Gem items, since staff wants the eyes to be rare. Just that this way, the money circulates to other users instead of disappearing into the site.

The Gem MP would support FR, but there are still people who can't/don't want to buy Gems, so they'd have to buy Gems from other users, or buy the eye vials for Treasure from the AH. That pretty much exclusively benefits Gem-rich and IRL-rich users, which... isn't really much different/better than being skewed towards rich active users, IMO. :'/

So it works out to about the same thing, and the AH/Baldwin price would probably be roughly equal to the Gem MP price. Either way, some group of rich people is going to reap more benefit than other users, and I like the interactivity of the Coli/Baldwin/Swipp idea more.

Having Scattersights in the MP would be different, since those are random and would probably be cheaper. I'd be fine with either bringing Scattersights back or having specific eye vials. :o

I think part of the reason the specific eye vials have been suggested as rare/expensive Coli/Baldwin/Swipp items is because the admins, for some unknown reason, seem dead-set on making the new eyes as absurdly hard to get as possible. Keeping the vials rare and expensive helps stick with the staff's "vision" for the new eye types, which might be a more appealing suggestion to them than simply buying unlimited Primal vials from the MP. :'V
@Coldblooded - I see where you're coming from now, yeah! I think my first post was half in response to yours, and half in response to other comments I'd seen, so my brain got them mixed up, haha.

Since the vials coming from Coli/Baldwin/Swipp would still make them purchasable by other users, I don't feel like it would be too much different from having specific eye vials in the Gem MP? Especially since Primal/Multi/Faceted vials would likely be very expensive Gem items, since staff wants the eyes to be rare. Just that this way, the money circulates to other users instead of disappearing into the site.

The Gem MP would support FR, but there are still people who can't/don't want to buy Gems, so they'd have to buy Gems from other users, or buy the eye vials for Treasure from the AH. That pretty much exclusively benefits Gem-rich and IRL-rich users, which... isn't really much different/better than being skewed towards rich active users, IMO. :'/

So it works out to about the same thing, and the AH/Baldwin price would probably be roughly equal to the Gem MP price. Either way, some group of rich people is going to reap more benefit than other users, and I like the interactivity of the Coli/Baldwin/Swipp idea more.

Having Scattersights in the MP would be different, since those are random and would probably be cheaper. I'd be fine with either bringing Scattersights back or having specific eye vials. :o

I think part of the reason the specific eye vials have been suggested as rare/expensive Coli/Baldwin/Swipp items is because the admins, for some unknown reason, seem dead-set on making the new eyes as absurdly hard to get as possible. Keeping the vials rare and expensive helps stick with the staff's "vision" for the new eye types, which might be a more appealing suggestion to them than simply buying unlimited Primal vials from the MP. :'V
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Pretty much what Ningyo said. Based on precedent (eye scrolls, retired items, the staff's vision of "rare" and "special"), most of the users are arguing for individual vials to take time, effort, and/or treasure. It's not about making the rich richer; it's just about how the site works on a fundamental level.
Pretty much what Ningyo said. Based on precedent (eye scrolls, retired items, the staff's vision of "rare" and "special"), most of the users are arguing for individual vials to take time, effort, and/or treasure. It's not about making the rich richer; it's just about how the site works on a fundamental level.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
OOOOOOOO I really like this idea! I kind of wish it was an actual thing, because it would make getting the perfect dragon a lot easier. And I mean, sure, I'm glad that I was able to get a primal eye dragon through the scattereye. But what if I want more dragons with primal eyes? Like, I have this one girly who would look perfect with primal eyes, but I literally have no way of getting them for her as I don't have another vial. And even if I did, there is still always the chance I'll get an eye type that I wouldn't want for her *cough cough* multi-gaze *cough cough*.

All in all, I really do think that the eye update could have been executed better.
OOOOOOOO I really like this idea! I kind of wish it was an actual thing, because it would make getting the perfect dragon a lot easier. And I mean, sure, I'm glad that I was able to get a primal eye dragon through the scattereye. But what if I want more dragons with primal eyes? Like, I have this one girly who would look perfect with primal eyes, but I literally have no way of getting them for her as I don't have another vial. And even if I did, there is still always the chance I'll get an eye type that I wouldn't want for her *cough cough* multi-gaze *cough cough*.

All in all, I really do think that the eye update could have been executed better.
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
Hey yo! I have no idea if this has been said on this thread yet, but I found this in the treasure market place! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405223450945257482/472806403401187328/unknown.png[/img] It's possible to get common eyes on dragons again if you got eyes that you didn't want! Now all we have to hope for is that they implement vials for getting the other eye types.
Hey yo! I have no idea if this has been said on this thread yet, but I found this in the treasure market place!
unknown.png
It's possible to get common eyes on dragons again if you got eyes that you didn't want! Now all we have to hope for is that they implement vials for getting the other eye types.
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 111 112