Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 57 58
Hopefully white sclera will at least come with defined pupils too.
Hopefully white sclera will at least come with defined pupils too.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I’ve been keeping up with Contact Us still. Not too often because I don’t want to spam anyone, but I figure that sending in a note every few weeks at least shows some spread beyond the forums, if that matters. ;; I wonder how many other people have sent in tickets about one eye update thing or another...

I’m sure we won’t hear anything until after RoR at the earliest, but it would be great if we could break this cycle of “new stuff keeps coming out while old errors and issues continue to pile up” soon. I know that Undel isn’t doing the best, but if new stuff keeps getting released, surely old problems can be addressed too, right? There has to be someone who can help out in her stead, right...?
I’ve been keeping up with Contact Us still. Not too often because I don’t want to spam anyone, but I figure that sending in a note every few weeks at least shows some spread beyond the forums, if that matters. ;; I wonder how many other people have sent in tickets about one eye update thing or another...

I’m sure we won’t hear anything until after RoR at the earliest, but it would be great if we could break this cycle of “new stuff keeps coming out while old errors and issues continue to pile up” soon. I know that Undel isn’t doing the best, but if new stuff keeps getting released, surely old problems can be addressed too, right? There has to be someone who can help out in her stead, right...?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-10-21 08:24:57" ] I’m sure we won’t hear anything until after RoR at the earliest, but it would be great if we could break this cycle of “new stuff keeps coming out while old errors and issues continue to pile up” soon. I know that Undel isn’t doing the best, but if new stuff keeps getting released, surely old problems can be addressed too, right? There has to be someone who can help out in her stead, right...? [/quote] [color=indigo] Honestly I'd rather have fixes for old issues than new items all the time, and a lot of users feel the same. Remember how happy everyone was when Kaepora rolled out all those small quality of life changes? To me, that shows that they care about the smooth running of the website, and that they'd rather solve existing problems rather than distracting us with new shinies and hoping people forget about those problems.
Ningyo wrote on 2018-10-21 08:24:57:

Honestly I'd rather have fixes for old issues than new items all the time, and a lot of users feel the same. Remember how happy everyone was when Kaepora rolled out all those small quality of life changes? To me, that shows that they care about the smooth running of the website, and that they'd rather solve existing problems rather than distracting us with new shinies and hoping people forget about those problems.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-10-21 11:11:22" ] [quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-10-21 08:24:57" ] I’m sure we won’t hear anything until after RoR at the earliest, but it would be great if we could break this cycle of “new stuff keeps coming out while old errors and issues continue to pile up” soon. I know that Undel isn’t doing the best, but if new stuff keeps getting released, surely old problems can be addressed too, right? There has to be someone who can help out in her stead, right...? [/quote] [color=indigo] Honestly I'd rather have fixes for old issues than new items all the time, and a lot of users feel the same. Remember how happy everyone was when Kaepora rolled out all those small quality of life changes? To me, that shows that they care about the smooth running of the website, and that they'd rather solve existing problems rather than distracting us with new shinies and hoping people forget about those problems. [/quote] I can't imagine how much confetti would be thrown if Coli captchas were fixed versus New Tert 3.0. People would be dancing in the streets. Yes, new things are nice (button eyes would work well for many dragons); however, old things really, really do need to be addressed amid the new stuff (art errors, cycling scattervials, legacy eyes).
Zhukov wrote on 2018-10-21 11:11:22:
Ningyo wrote on 2018-10-21 08:24:57:

Honestly I'd rather have fixes for old issues than new items all the time, and a lot of users feel the same. Remember how happy everyone was when Kaepora rolled out all those small quality of life changes? To me, that shows that they care about the smooth running of the website, and that they'd rather solve existing problems rather than distracting us with new shinies and hoping people forget about those problems.
I can't imagine how much confetti would be thrown if Coli captchas were fixed versus New Tert 3.0. People would be dancing in the streets.

Yes, new things are nice (button eyes would work well for many dragons); however, old things really, really do need to be addressed amid the new stuff (art errors, cycling scattervials, legacy eyes).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote]I can't imagine how much confetti would be thrown if Coli captchas were fixed versus New Tert 3.0. People would be dancing in the streets.[/quote] [color=indigo] Seriously. A fix for the captchas or the eyepocalypse disaster would make me infinitely happier than new apparel or whatever. New stuff is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it is clear that the legacy eyes matter to a large population of the userbase and lots of people would be happy if this was somehow fixed.
Quote:
I can't imagine how much confetti would be thrown if Coli captchas were fixed versus New Tert 3.0. People would be dancing in the streets.

Seriously. A fix for the captchas or the eyepocalypse disaster would make me infinitely happier than new apparel or whatever. New stuff is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it is clear that the legacy eyes matter to a large population of the userbase and lots of people would be happy if this was somehow fixed.
jCVhFoZ.gif
If anything, the new dark eyes do prove eye vials CAN be released through different site mechanics. So far we have an RNG event limited one, a Baldwin one, and a gem market place one. Legacy eyes could easily be integrated elsewhere into the site, as could individual vials for the other types.
If anything, the new dark eyes do prove eye vials CAN be released through different site mechanics. So far we have an RNG event limited one, a Baldwin one, and a gem market place one. Legacy eyes could easily be integrated elsewhere into the site, as could individual vials for the other types.
Pings are disabled.

[quote name="@Zhukov" date="2018-10-21 11:11:22" ] Remember how happy everyone was when Kaepora rolled out all those small quality of life changes? To me, that shows that they care about the smooth running of the website, and that they'd rather solve existing problems rather than distracting us with new shinies and hoping people forget about those problems. [/quote] Beautifully put. That was indeed an amazing few days. Re: Undel, the awesome thing about Legacy eyes would be, [broken record][i]the art is already done[/i][/broken record]. There will never be a better time than now. It will be much easier if they introduce Legacy eyes as a concept first, before any new breeds come out, then simply launch future breeds with their version of 'Legacy' eyes (whether that means an actual pupil/sclera difference, just a tint difference, or no visible change from Common) already established. That way users can plan for that breeds' various eyes from the beginning.
@Zhukov wrote on 2018-10-21 11:11:22:
Remember how happy everyone was when Kaepora rolled out all those small quality of life changes? To me, that shows that they care about the smooth running of the website, and that they'd rather solve existing problems rather than distracting us with new shinies and hoping people forget about those problems.

Beautifully put. That was indeed an amazing few days.

Re: Undel, the awesome thing about Legacy eyes would be, [broken record]the art is already done[/broken record].

There will never be a better time than now.

It will be much easier if they introduce Legacy eyes as a concept first, before any new breeds come out, then simply launch future breeds with their version of 'Legacy' eyes (whether that means an actual pupil/sclera difference, just a tint difference, or no visible change from Common) already established. That way users can plan for that breeds' various eyes from the beginning.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-10-22 18:23:02" ] If anything, the new dark eyes do prove eye vials CAN be released through different site mechanics. So far we have an RNG event limited one, a Baldwin one, and a gem market place one. Legacy eyes could easily be integrated elsewhere into the site, as could individual vials for the other types. [/quote] Support, based on this reason primarily! Even though my oldies' designs still seem to fit alright with the Eye update, a Legacy option for those who have had their own looks impacted by the change in eye color would be wonderful. It'd make life a little bit happier for those users, and it appears as though it can be easily implemented. ^w^
gemajgall wrote on 2018-10-22 18:23:02:

Support, based on this reason primarily! Even though my oldies' designs still seem to fit alright with the Eye update, a Legacy option for those who have had their own looks impacted by the change in eye color would be wonderful. It'd make life a little bit happier for those users, and it appears as though it can be easily implemented. ^w^
w7Z8MA5.png
It makes me happy to see people still supporting this suggestion. :’) [quote name="Lara8" date="2018-10-22 20:24:30" ] Beautifully put. That was indeed an amazing few days. Re: Undel, the awesome thing about Legacy eyes would be, [broken record][i]the art is already done[/i][/broken record]. There will never be a better time than now. It will be much easier if they introduce Legacy eyes as a concept first, before any new breeds come out, then simply launch future breeds with their version of 'Legacy' eyes (whether that means an actual pupil/sclera difference, just a tint difference, or no visible change from Common) already established. That way users can plan for that breeds' various eyes from the beginning. [/quote] For the Undel comment: I wasn’t sure how involved she was with the overall development of the site (adding new features, etc.), but I figured that if the site still has the manpower to create and add new genes, apparel, and eye types, then they [b]definitely[/b] have the manpower to re-add Legacy eyes. The “standardization” with Common is barely “standardized” at all, and to play my own broken record, [i]literally not a single person cared about the slightly varied default eyes except for staff[/i]. It wasn’t a glitch or an error that needed fixing, and “fixing” it by taking away dragons’ pupils, sclera, and shading on top of altering their tint is... a poor choice at best. For a site that [b]wants[/b] you to care about your dragons’ eyes, and has always wanted you to care about your dragons’ eyes (Flight selection/changes being important, the addition of eye types, etc.), suddenly taking away the nice, high-quality, detailed old artwork because “Oh, they didn’t share a tint and they [i]need[/i] to” feels really weird???? Why would you take away an option everyone loved when you’re adding MORE options? That still doesn’t make sense. I agree that adding them before the next breed is released would be best, too. That way, pre-update players can fix their dragons, other players can get another eye type to choose from, and staff can decide in the meantime what “Legacy” will be on a new breed.
It makes me happy to see people still supporting this suggestion. :’)
Lara8 wrote on 2018-10-22 20:24:30:
Beautifully put. That was indeed an amazing few days.

Re: Undel, the awesome thing about Legacy eyes would be, [broken record]the art is already done[/broken record].

There will never be a better time than now.

It will be much easier if they introduce Legacy eyes as a concept first, before any new breeds come out, then simply launch future breeds with their version of 'Legacy' eyes (whether that means an actual pupil/sclera difference, just a tint difference, or no visible change from Common) already established. That way users can plan for that breeds' various eyes from the beginning.

For the Undel comment: I wasn’t sure how involved she was with the overall development of the site (adding new features, etc.), but I figured that if the site still has the manpower to create and add new genes, apparel, and eye types, then they definitely have the manpower to re-add Legacy eyes.

The “standardization” with Common is barely “standardized” at all, and to play my own broken record, literally not a single person cared about the slightly varied default eyes except for staff. It wasn’t a glitch or an error that needed fixing, and “fixing” it by taking away dragons’ pupils, sclera, and shading on top of altering their tint is... a poor choice at best.

For a site that wants you to care about your dragons’ eyes, and has always wanted you to care about your dragons’ eyes (Flight selection/changes being important, the addition of eye types, etc.), suddenly taking away the nice, high-quality, detailed old artwork because “Oh, they didn’t share a tint and they need to” feels really weird???? Why would you take away an option everyone loved when you’re adding MORE options? That still doesn’t make sense.

I agree that adding them before the next breed is released would be best, too. That way, pre-update players can fix their dragons, other players can get another eye type to choose from, and staff can decide in the meantime what “Legacy” will be on a new breed.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Where / what is this Undel comment of which y'all speak?

I would say more here, but I've got other things to do and I'd just be playing my own broken record as well.
Where / what is this Undel comment of which y'all speak?

I would say more here, but I've got other things to do and I'd just be playing my own broken record as well.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 57 58