Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | On the update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[quote name="Fletcher" date="2018-06-08 00:31:40" ] .Please consider that many of us run activities like hatcheries and breeding projects on the site, which will now be affected by an element completely outside of our control. We would love to have, if nothing else, a scroll to be able to revert eyes to Common typing. [/quote] Full support! I even rent out nests in different flights to get matching eye colors so not having a eye removal throws a huge problem my way. Especially with breeding flight reps.
Fletcher wrote on 2018-06-08 00:31:40:
.Please consider that many of us run activities like hatcheries and breeding projects on the site, which will now be affected by an element completely outside of our control. We would love to have, if nothing else, a scroll to be able to revert eyes to Common typing.
Full support! I even rent out nests in different flights to get matching eye colors so not having a eye removal throws a huge problem my way. Especially with breeding flight reps.
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
Fully support both a common eye removal solution and having the vials be obtainable some other way, either through the gem marketplace or during events.

The staff basically introduced a new gene type heavily dependant on rng and gave us a much too short window for everyone to get the vials they need. I can only imagine the despair breeders are feeling right now if they hatch unappealing nests and need a way to fix them.
Fully support both a common eye removal solution and having the vials be obtainable some other way, either through the gem marketplace or during events.

The staff basically introduced a new gene type heavily dependant on rng and gave us a much too short window for everyone to get the vials they need. I can only imagine the despair breeders are feeling right now if they hatch unappealing nests and need a way to fix them.
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko5_100.pngXBhgPWa.gif2OTuj7X.png
Yeah, all of that.
I like breeding for very specific things and would love some way to have any control over getting the eyes I wanted.
I've wanted eyes to be treated like this for years but really am not happy that it's completely random. The reasoning was, in part, to match specific eyes to specific colors just like we breed for colors and genes now.

I guess that's part of my problem, if it were entirely random but the scattersight would never retire that would be okay. Not ideal but at least I could keep trying rather than just renting nests until I get lucky.
Or if we were able to control it entirely through breeding the scrolls retiring would also be okay, because they wouldn't be necessary going forward. We'd only need the scrolls for existing dragons since we could have some control over the outcomes of future ones.

But a random trait that can only be changed with random scrolls that will be uncraftable very soon really just doesn't work out if you like to select for very specific traits.

(And either way, yeah a "vial of common sight" or something would be a great idea. Just like gene removal scrolls.)
Yeah, all of that.
I like breeding for very specific things and would love some way to have any control over getting the eyes I wanted.
I've wanted eyes to be treated like this for years but really am not happy that it's completely random. The reasoning was, in part, to match specific eyes to specific colors just like we breed for colors and genes now.

I guess that's part of my problem, if it were entirely random but the scattersight would never retire that would be okay. Not ideal but at least I could keep trying rather than just renting nests until I get lucky.
Or if we were able to control it entirely through breeding the scrolls retiring would also be okay, because they wouldn't be necessary going forward. We'd only need the scrolls for existing dragons since we could have some control over the outcomes of future ones.

But a random trait that can only be changed with random scrolls that will be uncraftable very soon really just doesn't work out if you like to select for very specific traits.

(And either way, yeah a "vial of common sight" or something would be a great idea. Just like gene removal scrolls.)
Support! Totally need some control on eyes and a continued scroll would be great. Removal is also important ><

or: my friend suggests that the scroll be brewed in the higher ranks in the future, at least periodically not limited to 2 days
Support! Totally need some control on eyes and a continued scroll would be great. Removal is also important ><

or: my friend suggests that the scroll be brewed in the higher ranks in the future, at least periodically not limited to 2 days
medish.jpg
Welcome to my Art Gallery XD
A retired item shouldn't have RNG associated with it - period.

This isn't like a breed or gene scroll where you only need to use one to get what you need, people are going to have to burn through multiple to get what they want on each dragon they want to change especially since there are six possible outcomes each time you use one. Even though I can tell a lot are going to be generated during this event, they're not going to last very long with how quickly they're going to be consumed due to the random aspect. Meaning prices are going to hike up fast, all for something that might not even give you what you want
A retired item shouldn't have RNG associated with it - period.

This isn't like a breed or gene scroll where you only need to use one to get what you need, people are going to have to burn through multiple to get what they want on each dragon they want to change especially since there are six possible outcomes each time you use one. Even though I can tell a lot are going to be generated during this event, they're not going to last very long with how quickly they're going to be consumed due to the random aspect. Meaning prices are going to hike up fast, all for something that might not even give you what you want
ZVpCPil.png

Full support! The eyes are a wonderful addition and add a lot of personality to the
dragons on the site, but for some dragons, eyes like primal or glazed could ruin the
overall feel of the dragon or totally put a damper on lore. I'd love to see a "remove
eye scroll" that just reverts it back to its common state. Having absolutely no control
over the eyes is a bit weird, considering we have full control over genes, and it's
more of a hindrance than anything to breeders. It almost seems like it'd be better as
a quaternary gene?

Full support! The eyes are a wonderful addition and add a lot of personality to the
dragons on the site, but for some dragons, eyes like primal or glazed could ruin the
overall feel of the dragon or totally put a damper on lore. I'd love to see a "remove
eye scroll" that just reverts it back to its common state. Having absolutely no control
over the eyes is a bit weird, considering we have full control over genes, and it's
more of a hindrance than anything to breeders. It almost seems like it'd be better as
a quaternary gene?
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
...| Call me Kei/Ken~ |

x.x - +2 FR

x.x - He/They/Dae

x.x -
Shane
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2018-06-08 01:04:47" ] Absolutely need a revert to common item. Without a doubt. I love the new eyes but on some dragons they just don't work. I'm neutral on the retiring of the scatter. I kinda like it being a random rng thing. It'd bring some bonus value into random fodder depending on how rare some eyes are. That said, maybe an item that allows you to scatter only for the different tinted eyes? That kinda seems like the best of all worlds. They keep their word on retiring the current item, they give players the opportunity to scatter for different tints (more control on colors for matching reasons), but they keep the rarity and rng-only aspects of the fancy eyes. [/quote] I'm a huge fan of this idea, especially since multi-eyes and primal are so polarizing.
Hawkfeather wrote on 2018-06-08 01:04:47:
Absolutely need a revert to common item. Without a doubt. I love the new eyes but on some dragons they just don't work.

I'm neutral on the retiring of the scatter. I kinda like it being a random rng thing. It'd bring some bonus value into random fodder depending on how rare some eyes are. That said, maybe an item that allows you to scatter only for the different tinted eyes? That kinda seems like the best of all worlds. They keep their word on retiring the current item, they give players the opportunity to scatter for different tints (more control on colors for matching reasons), but they keep the rarity and rng-only aspects of the fancy eyes.
I'm a huge fan of this idea, especially since multi-eyes and primal are so polarizing.
harmony ♥ 26 ♥ she/they
iXdY.png
While I do believe this has everything to do with the Bounty of the Elements (quite obviously, as a short story accompanied the introduction of the eye genes) and this will have something to do with an upcoming event, you have my full support for this. These new genes will mess up quite a few breeding projects, as already stated before me. A sort of scroll, or a 'remove eye gene' item would fix this problem just fine, and may be also useful in the site's lore somehow.
While I do believe this has everything to do with the Bounty of the Elements (quite obviously, as a short story accompanied the introduction of the eye genes) and this will have something to do with an upcoming event, you have my full support for this. These new genes will mess up quite a few breeding projects, as already stated before me. A sort of scroll, or a 'remove eye gene' item would fix this problem just fine, and may be also useful in the site's lore somehow.
nxN41SU.png
Definite support. Some of the eye types really bother me and multigaze is especially uncomfortable for me to look at.
Definite support. Some of the eye types really bother me and multigaze is especially uncomfortable for me to look at.
As someone who just spent around 5kg on the new scrolls while not getting the eyes they want: Please let us have this.
As someone who just spent around 5kg on the new scrolls while not getting the eyes they want: Please let us have this.
shop_banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12