Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reworking Mage Spell Abilities
1 2 3 4 5 6
i think this would be awesome if rated battles came back tbh
i think this would be awesome if rated battles came back tbh
Signature.png
Major support; as of now, Disorient, Contuse and to an extent Shock & Congeal are the only useful offensive mage spells (meaning Wind, Lightning & Ice mages outclass those of other elements), and I like how these proposed abilities make the other elements more viable & allow mages to take on roles other than "heal servant".
Major support; as of now, Disorient, Contuse and to an extent Shock & Congeal are the only useful offensive mage spells (meaning Wind, Lightning & Ice mages outclass those of other elements), and I like how these proposed abilities make the other elements more viable & allow mages to take on roles other than "heal servant".
I'm not too sure how I feel about some of the suggestions made, but that's only because I can't Invision a world in which the mage attacks are any good...

But I am definitely for this! Please rework the mages! Literally the only thing they're good for is healing, and maybe I wouldn't need to heal as often if they could contribute to the damage being dealt!!!
I'm not too sure how I feel about some of the suggestions made, but that's only because I can't Invision a world in which the mage attacks are any good...

But I am definitely for this! Please rework the mages! Literally the only thing they're good for is healing, and maybe I wouldn't need to heal as often if they could contribute to the damage being dealt!!!
cM8dUFr.png
I love what you've got so far! Lemme take a crack at the missing elements in the original post? ----- [columns] [item=Shroud] [nextcol]Shadow's theme is darkness and trickery, so that should be reflected in their items. [/columns] Shroud- Their existing super attack is a perfectly fine starting point- maybe buff the application a little but... at the same time, my poor Mire Flyer if this gets buffed and she muffs an Elim against a Blackwing Croaker... Hide And Seek- The dragon melts into the shadows, and can neither deal nor be hit by melee attacks. Magical ones have an accuracy debuff but deal more damage. The user also cannot be Guarded, and allies casting buffs must contend with the accuracy decrease as well. Roulette- Shadow's circus nature doesn't get enough love. When cast, Roulette will randomly deal enough pure damage to knock out any dragon or other normal opponent on the field (i.e. does about the same damage as a rallied Scratch + Eliminate). Any dragon/opponent includes your team and the caster themself. I guess it's similar to the Doom effect suggested earlier, but much more random. ----- [columns] [item=Congeal] [nextcol]Ice is all about cold preservation, and I'd like their abilities to reflect that. As opposed to Shadow's randomness, they should be very precise and targeted in general.[/columns] Congeal- Arguably already the best Mage attack in the game, so leaving this be. Crystallize- Freezes the opponent, rendering them brittle and vulnerable to physical damage. Blizzard- Lowers visibility for everybody on the field. Ice-element magical attacks do more damage, and all dragons take chip damage each turn.
I love what you've got so far! Lemme take a crack at the missing elements in the original post?
Shroud Shadow's theme is darkness and trickery, so that should be reflected in their items.
Shroud- Their existing super attack is a perfectly fine starting point- maybe buff the application a little but... at the same time, my poor Mire Flyer if this gets buffed and she muffs an Elim against a Blackwing Croaker...

Hide And Seek- The dragon melts into the shadows, and can neither deal nor be hit by melee attacks. Magical ones have an accuracy debuff but deal more damage. The user also cannot be Guarded, and allies casting buffs must contend with the accuracy decrease as well.

Roulette- Shadow's circus nature doesn't get enough love. When cast, Roulette will randomly deal enough pure damage to knock out any dragon or other normal opponent on the field (i.e. does about the same damage as a rallied Scratch + Eliminate). Any dragon/opponent includes your team and the caster themself. I guess it's similar to the Doom effect suggested earlier, but much more random.
Congeal Ice is all about cold preservation, and I'd like their abilities to reflect that. As opposed to Shadow's randomness, they should be very precise and targeted in general.

Congeal- Arguably already the best Mage attack in the game, so leaving this be.

Crystallize- Freezes the opponent, rendering them brittle and vulnerable to physical damage.

Blizzard- Lowers visibility for everybody on the field. Ice-element magical attacks do more damage, and all dragons take chip damage each turn.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Up!
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
This has my full support. I'd love to see mages become more viable in the coli, and everyone's ideas for new spells are amazing. The possible lore that could be implemented to explain this change would be super cool, and once PvP is back mages could spark up an interesting change in the meta, beyond scratch + eliminate.
This has my full support. I'd love to see mages become more viable in the coli, and everyone's ideas for new spells are amazing. The possible lore that could be implemented to explain this change would be super cool, and once PvP is back mages could spark up an interesting change in the meta, beyond scratch + eliminate.
33351.png
seylon
he/she
please ping if you need my attention!
Support! I have 125 coliseum fighters, and some variation would be welcome.
Support! I have 125 coliseum fighters, and some variation would be welcome.
66MHIIb.png
these really need a rework because RN they are useless

thank you, support
these really need a rework because RN they are useless

thank you, support
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Support.
This'd make me actually want to use mages, and make the coliseum as a whole so much more in-depth and fun to use, instead of grinding till your fingers fall off.

Maybe a new ability for Light could be called Mirage. It's a buff that can be applied to one dragon at a time, and it renders them seemingly invisible for a number of turns, significantly increasing their dodge rate against both opponent attacks and friendly buffs. Maybe it could also give them a somewhat decreased chance to hit, because the air in front of them is flickering like a mirage, messing with their eyesight.

Mirage would fit with how I personally imagine Light magic to work, having it be able to stop light from entering/leaving a certain area, rendering an opponent blinded or something/someone invisible by routing light around the object/being in question.
Support.
This'd make me actually want to use mages, and make the coliseum as a whole so much more in-depth and fun to use, instead of grinding till your fingers fall off.

Maybe a new ability for Light could be called Mirage. It's a buff that can be applied to one dragon at a time, and it renders them seemingly invisible for a number of turns, significantly increasing their dodge rate against both opponent attacks and friendly buffs. Maybe it could also give them a somewhat decreased chance to hit, because the air in front of them is flickering like a mirage, messing with their eyesight.

Mirage would fit with how I personally imagine Light magic to work, having it be able to stop light from entering/leaving a certain area, rendering an opponent blinded or something/someone invisible by routing light around the object/being in question.
5LqH0sj.png
Strong support for more variable combat in the Coliseum for mages. The most I've really found to be reliable for magic at Lvl 25 is having a healer on my team since I'm not relying on glass cannons, but having some decent offensive spells would seriously improve gameplay.
Strong support for more variable combat in the Coliseum for mages. The most I've really found to be reliable for magic at Lvl 25 is having a healer on my team since I'm not relying on glass cannons, but having some decent offensive spells would seriously improve gameplay.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
1 2 3 4 5 6