Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalting or Dominance Revamp
We need more reasons to exalt the masses of dragons on the site.

This in theory will drive the dragon prices back up from just above exalt payout. Right now the site strongly surrounds the collisum and until something new is added to the game it will stay this way, so to make better usage of it I suggest raising the leveled dragon payout to raise coliseum interest and hopefully Dom interest, add more reasons for Dom to mean something to us such as site wide events that I have seen people asking for a lot. Add lore quests or something to get more Dom interest.

So if we did have big events we must also think of something that would actually make us want to be involved such as prizes for participating that can maybe retire or cycle to have something else to raise both Dom interest and general economic fluxes.

Lore quests maybe like we have colors and genes bonuses maybe we could have levels of the day that we get a bonus for.

These are just ideas but we also need other reasons to exalt the masses. Dom might now shorten Baldwin time for the top flights, top flights might get better item payouts in the collisum, tops flights might also get other new ideals that just make the time to exalt and level worth it. So if we get a Dominance revamp we need more reason to exalt the masses because Dom means little to nothing anymore and new players have the wrong idea that exalting is bad for whatever reason so if we had events and more reasons to positively exalt we could effectively get rid of many of the masses of dragons that would sit there for days before getting exalted.

And anyone add or argue why we should or shouldn’t reward exalting or encourage exalting more of our dragon masses.
We need more reasons to exalt the masses of dragons on the site.

This in theory will drive the dragon prices back up from just above exalt payout. Right now the site strongly surrounds the collisum and until something new is added to the game it will stay this way, so to make better usage of it I suggest raising the leveled dragon payout to raise coliseum interest and hopefully Dom interest, add more reasons for Dom to mean something to us such as site wide events that I have seen people asking for a lot. Add lore quests or something to get more Dom interest.

So if we did have big events we must also think of something that would actually make us want to be involved such as prizes for participating that can maybe retire or cycle to have something else to raise both Dom interest and general economic fluxes.

Lore quests maybe like we have colors and genes bonuses maybe we could have levels of the day that we get a bonus for.

These are just ideas but we also need other reasons to exalt the masses. Dom might now shorten Baldwin time for the top flights, top flights might get better item payouts in the collisum, tops flights might also get other new ideals that just make the time to exalt and level worth it. So if we get a Dominance revamp we need more reason to exalt the masses because Dom means little to nothing anymore and new players have the wrong idea that exalting is bad for whatever reason so if we had events and more reasons to positively exalt we could effectively get rid of many of the masses of dragons that would sit there for days before getting exalted.

And anyone add or argue why we should or shouldn’t reward exalting or encourage exalting more of our dragon masses.
I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
Please because I know many people and hatcheries are fed up with not being able to sell anything for above fodder prices. Unless hatcheries and sellers started only breeding on requests and exalting all not immediately or asked about beforehand the economy won’t grow. We all try to sell fast but no one is willing to pay above fodder price unless it’s a project, so many just charge exalt prices after their dragons don’t sell and they buyers get what they want by just waiting. They get the cheap prices because you don’t exalt yourself and then if you sell at fodder prices someone will buy and breed for the same genes and colors and sell for what they bought which in turn undercuts values darasticly over time. So we NEED to exalt. We need more reasons to not give away dragons that might have value in the economy and just exalt and when buying those dragons later gets rarer as all these masses start getting exalted the whole economy will go up even if it’s a little bit.
Please because I know many people and hatcheries are fed up with not being able to sell anything for above fodder prices. Unless hatcheries and sellers started only breeding on requests and exalting all not immediately or asked about beforehand the economy won’t grow. We all try to sell fast but no one is willing to pay above fodder price unless it’s a project, so many just charge exalt prices after their dragons don’t sell and they buyers get what they want by just waiting. They get the cheap prices because you don’t exalt yourself and then if you sell at fodder prices someone will buy and breed for the same genes and colors and sell for what they bought which in turn undercuts values darasticly over time. So we NEED to exalt. We need more reasons to not give away dragons that might have value in the economy and just exalt and when buying those dragons later gets rarer as all these masses start getting exalted the whole economy will go up even if it’s a little bit.
I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
@MistFury0

All raising the payouts will achieve is the devaluation of treasure.

The problem isn't only that there's a surplus of desirable dragons on the site, it's also that people don't have space. Exalting should be a better or more interesting prospect, but I don't think raising the treasure output is the way to achieve this.

There's a common suggestion that might help -- Dominance Currency.

As well as giving treasure, give a non-transferable Dominance-awarded currency to people who exalt. It doesn't have to be a lot per dragon, per level, just enough to build up and allow people to buy Dom Shop exclusive items with the money. They'd have to be desirable items -- apparel, familiars, a breed maybe, genes. Perhaps the items could be expensive, to encourage mass exalting to clear unwanted dragons that are clogging up the system.

It will give people incentive to get rid of crappy dragons for more than just the rubbish Dominance awards, and it wouldn't make so dependent on organised pushes, fun as they are. It could be something individuals from non-Dom focused Flights could achieve, unlike discounts.

It doesn't address the issue of space, however. A lot of people find lairspace to be prohibitively expensive, and as you get up there in terms of space, it can become more and more difficult to part with the million+ treasure per expansion.

Maybe dom currency could be spent on that, too. Exclusive dom-bought spaces. Still have the 200 or whatever for treasure, but have more on top for dominance. I'd even support gem bought spaces, but that's an unpopular opinion.
@MistFury0

All raising the payouts will achieve is the devaluation of treasure.

The problem isn't only that there's a surplus of desirable dragons on the site, it's also that people don't have space. Exalting should be a better or more interesting prospect, but I don't think raising the treasure output is the way to achieve this.

There's a common suggestion that might help -- Dominance Currency.

As well as giving treasure, give a non-transferable Dominance-awarded currency to people who exalt. It doesn't have to be a lot per dragon, per level, just enough to build up and allow people to buy Dom Shop exclusive items with the money. They'd have to be desirable items -- apparel, familiars, a breed maybe, genes. Perhaps the items could be expensive, to encourage mass exalting to clear unwanted dragons that are clogging up the system.

It will give people incentive to get rid of crappy dragons for more than just the rubbish Dominance awards, and it wouldn't make so dependent on organised pushes, fun as they are. It could be something individuals from non-Dom focused Flights could achieve, unlike discounts.

It doesn't address the issue of space, however. A lot of people find lairspace to be prohibitively expensive, and as you get up there in terms of space, it can become more and more difficult to part with the million+ treasure per expansion.

Maybe dom currency could be spent on that, too. Exclusive dom-bought spaces. Still have the 200 or whatever for treasure, but have more on top for dominance. I'd even support gem bought spaces, but that's an unpopular opinion.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Revamping dominance and increasing dominance rewards is unlikely going to do much to encourage non-dom oriented players to participate in dominance since dominance is a competition, and non-competitive players are unlikely to change their minds. Encouraging exalting instead of focusing on dominance would probably work better, as exalting is an individual event. Ways to do this include Fayd's Overhaul, an exalt shop or even rare drops that are exclusively received via exalting.

I would not like to see an increase in exalt payouts as this could lead to too much treasure in the game which could cause economic trouble. I also don’t think things like the genes, breed, colors, age, etc should affect payouts. Many of those are primarily an aesthetic choice. Although yes scrolls had to be used initially to introduce genes and different breeds into the game and in many cases those scrolls cost genes or treasure to buy; the vast majority of dragons being exalted were bred with those genes/breeds and not scrolled to have them and they may be many many generations removed from the individual who the scrolls were used on so there is no need for ‘compensation’. The only exception to increasing payouts might be to adjust it slightly based on breeding cooldown since its currently more profitable to breed to exalt plentifuls than it is other breeds (IE currently the average base payout for an unlevelled dragon is 2500 T, if you divide that by the cooldown of a plentiful it works out to 167 T/day. Take that 167 and multiply it by the cooldowns of the other breeding rarities so a base price of 3340 for commons, 4175 for uncommons, 5010 for limited and 5845 for rares) but even that might result in too much treasure influx and I personally don’t see the need for it.

That being said, encouraging exalting is unlikely going to do much to the price of dragons as by their inherent design dragons aren't worth much because dragons do not die and do not have to be replaced, they also can produce other dragons indefinitely. They were never intended to be a major source of profit. It is quite possible to make a living breeding dragons, although this generally involves finding a niche and being good at marketing. Since prices are determined by supply and demand, just reducing the supply won't necessarily increase prices since many players are at their cap (either due to hitting the hard cap due to lair space, or their soft cap of how many dragons they care for or how much lair space they can afford) so these players aren't buying dragons, although they might be producing more dragons adding to the supply.

Increasing the cap could help with the demand issue, as it acts as a limiter, if you’ve reached the lair cap you can’t buy any more even if you wished. Ideally it be nice if the hard cap was completely removed and prices readjusted somewhat as that would allow players to expand as much as they want (and could afford) and by not having a limit expansions could continue to act as a treasure sink. I’d also like to see a way for players to pay into the expansions over time that way it helps people save their money as many players have trouble saving up to pay the higher expansion costs (which is one of the soft caps). If unlimited expansions wasn’t feasible for whatever reason, perhaps once the cap was reached, allow players to found colony lairs (perhaps even in other flights) and allow them to expand the colony lairs.

Another way to address the soft cap (which is often due to an inability to feed more), a revamp of the gathering system could help as could making the coliseum more accessible (which the coliseum revamp might help with)

It's also possible to reduce the supply by voluntarily having players take dragons out of the breeding population by encouraging eternal youth dragons or adding a new optional life stage like 'elder' where breeding is disabled (or only possible via an item) but give a benefit of some sort (possibly merely aesthetic) for having the player choose to have a dragon become an elder. Another way to reduce the supply is by having new features that reset the cooldown so that there are options beyond breeding. (Yes you can coli and breed at the same time, but adding new things that require a cooldown means players will choose between breeding that dragon this time or using it in the new feature. If something like this was added, coli should not affect the cooldown.)
Revamping dominance and increasing dominance rewards is unlikely going to do much to encourage non-dom oriented players to participate in dominance since dominance is a competition, and non-competitive players are unlikely to change their minds. Encouraging exalting instead of focusing on dominance would probably work better, as exalting is an individual event. Ways to do this include Fayd's Overhaul, an exalt shop or even rare drops that are exclusively received via exalting.

I would not like to see an increase in exalt payouts as this could lead to too much treasure in the game which could cause economic trouble. I also don’t think things like the genes, breed, colors, age, etc should affect payouts. Many of those are primarily an aesthetic choice. Although yes scrolls had to be used initially to introduce genes and different breeds into the game and in many cases those scrolls cost genes or treasure to buy; the vast majority of dragons being exalted were bred with those genes/breeds and not scrolled to have them and they may be many many generations removed from the individual who the scrolls were used on so there is no need for ‘compensation’. The only exception to increasing payouts might be to adjust it slightly based on breeding cooldown since its currently more profitable to breed to exalt plentifuls than it is other breeds (IE currently the average base payout for an unlevelled dragon is 2500 T, if you divide that by the cooldown of a plentiful it works out to 167 T/day. Take that 167 and multiply it by the cooldowns of the other breeding rarities so a base price of 3340 for commons, 4175 for uncommons, 5010 for limited and 5845 for rares) but even that might result in too much treasure influx and I personally don’t see the need for it.

That being said, encouraging exalting is unlikely going to do much to the price of dragons as by their inherent design dragons aren't worth much because dragons do not die and do not have to be replaced, they also can produce other dragons indefinitely. They were never intended to be a major source of profit. It is quite possible to make a living breeding dragons, although this generally involves finding a niche and being good at marketing. Since prices are determined by supply and demand, just reducing the supply won't necessarily increase prices since many players are at their cap (either due to hitting the hard cap due to lair space, or their soft cap of how many dragons they care for or how much lair space they can afford) so these players aren't buying dragons, although they might be producing more dragons adding to the supply.

Increasing the cap could help with the demand issue, as it acts as a limiter, if you’ve reached the lair cap you can’t buy any more even if you wished. Ideally it be nice if the hard cap was completely removed and prices readjusted somewhat as that would allow players to expand as much as they want (and could afford) and by not having a limit expansions could continue to act as a treasure sink. I’d also like to see a way for players to pay into the expansions over time that way it helps people save their money as many players have trouble saving up to pay the higher expansion costs (which is one of the soft caps). If unlimited expansions wasn’t feasible for whatever reason, perhaps once the cap was reached, allow players to found colony lairs (perhaps even in other flights) and allow them to expand the colony lairs.

Another way to address the soft cap (which is often due to an inability to feed more), a revamp of the gathering system could help as could making the coliseum more accessible (which the coliseum revamp might help with)

It's also possible to reduce the supply by voluntarily having players take dragons out of the breeding population by encouraging eternal youth dragons or adding a new optional life stage like 'elder' where breeding is disabled (or only possible via an item) but give a benefit of some sort (possibly merely aesthetic) for having the player choose to have a dragon become an elder. Another way to reduce the supply is by having new features that reset the cooldown so that there are options beyond breeding. (Yes you can coli and breed at the same time, but adding new things that require a cooldown means players will choose between breeding that dragon this time or using it in the new feature. If something like this was added, coli should not affect the cooldown.)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Adding more treasure won't get people who dislike the idea of exalting to exalt their own dragons. There are too many hatcheries anyway, since there isn't much of a criteria. You can just create your own from nothing. @greyjoy [quote] I'd even support gem bought spaces, but that's an unpopular opinion.[/quote] I would have supported the idea when the gem ratio was bad for gem buyers. Now, there are too many gem sinks compared to treasure and dragon sinks, so I don't think it's a great idea for now. But, if the gem:treasure ratio goes back to something like 1:300, why not?
Adding more treasure won't get people who dislike the idea of exalting to exalt their own dragons.

There are too many hatcheries anyway, since there isn't much of a criteria. You can just create your own from nothing.

@greyjoy
Quote:
I'd even support gem bought spaces, but that's an unpopular opinion.

I would have supported the idea when the gem ratio was bad for gem buyers. Now, there are too many gem sinks compared to treasure and dragon sinks, so I don't think it's a great idea for now.

But, if the gem:treasure ratio goes back to something like 1:300, why not?
Um well yes I want a whole bunch of new exalting incentives but reading the posts above I must say treasure payout isn’t probably the best and I would love a exalt shop with only exalt currency being used. And I really beg you admins to make the exalt system more interesting and a far larger part of the game please. But I beg you make sure it doesn’t affect the breeding cooldown or nest cycle because we need to exalt 5000+ dragons daily or even hourly with how many are flooding the market.
Um well yes I want a whole bunch of new exalting incentives but reading the posts above I must say treasure payout isn’t probably the best and I would love a exalt shop with only exalt currency being used. And I really beg you admins to make the exalt system more interesting and a far larger part of the game please. But I beg you make sure it doesn’t affect the breeding cooldown or nest cycle because we need to exalt 5000+ dragons daily or even hourly with how many are flooding the market.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2018-02-17 17:28:51" ] That being said, encouraging exalting is unlikely going to do much to the price of dragons as by their inherent design dragons aren't worth much because dragons do not die and do not have to be replaced, they also can produce other dragons indefinitely. [/quote] This. More interesting Dominance rewards etc would be fun, but nothing is ever going to get rid of the mass of dragons on the site unless dragons start being expensive to breed and/or keep alive, which I would be absolutely against. Additionally, I don't WANT to get rid of the mass of dragons on the AH. I keep coming up with new breeding projects with odd XYZ color combinations, and for many of them it's really hard to find anything remotely useful on the AH. I have two AH searches with an 8-color range around each of the colors I want, with NO results. So I really don't think there are too many dragons at all.
DragonSage wrote on 2018-02-17 17:28:51:
That being said, encouraging exalting is unlikely going to do much to the price of dragons as by their inherent design dragons aren't worth much because dragons do not die and do not have to be replaced, they also can produce other dragons indefinitely.

This. More interesting Dominance rewards etc would be fun, but nothing is ever going to get rid of the mass of dragons on the site unless dragons start being expensive to breed and/or keep alive, which I would be absolutely against.

Additionally, I don't WANT to get rid of the mass of dragons on the AH. I keep coming up with new breeding projects with odd XYZ color combinations, and for many of them it's really hard to find anything remotely useful on the AH. I have two AH searches with an 8-color range around each of the colors I want, with NO results. So I really don't think there are too many dragons at all.