Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Forum] Confusion on the PM Icon
1 2
While checking out the new forums I noticed something small, but not unimportant. On the side profile of users we now have the option to send a friend request, send a PM, start a crossroad trade, or block them. With the exception of the PM the icons used to signify each of these actions is the same across the site. When you get a CR you see the box with the arrow, when you make a new friend you see the dragon. This is not so with the PM. The icon used here is actually the same icon that shows up when someone comments on your userpage. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ovGL72o.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/zxl4y4X.png[/img] See? Instead of sending a PM it feels like I'm about to comment on their userpage. Again, it is something small though overall it is rather confusing. My suggestion would be to change it to the icon used for PMs, [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/small_message.png[/img]. Or at least something similar. (I did get permission from schaadenfreude to use these images)
While checking out the new forums I noticed something small, but not unimportant. On the side profile of users we now have the option to send a friend request, send a PM, start a crossroad trade, or block them. With the exception of the PM the icons used to signify each of these actions is the same across the site. When you get a CR you see the box with the arrow, when you make a new friend you see the dragon.

This is not so with the PM. The icon used here is actually the same icon that shows up when someone comments on your userpage.

ovGL72o.png
zxl4y4X.png

See? Instead of sending a PM it feels like I'm about to comment on their userpage. Again, it is something small though overall it is rather confusing.

My suggestion would be to change it to the icon used for PMs, small_message.png. Or at least something similar.

(I did get permission from schaadenfreude to use these images)
7QmJtGf.png
+1 on this. At first, I thought that it was a pop-up dialogue to comment on the poster's profile. The icons being inconsistent really doesn't help anyone, and changing it to be consistent would really help streamline communication.
+1 on this. At first, I thought that it was a pop-up dialogue to comment on the poster's profile. The icons being inconsistent really doesn't help anyone, and changing it to be consistent would really help streamline communication.
pepis_by_minecr_aft-dbxskxp.gif

• Marc • he/him • Iban Peranakan • FR -02:00 / UTC -10:00, no DST •
Former Earth Dom Organization Council

1sAnyd1.gif
bisexual_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbjdpzj.png

03XKUqf.png
Support because this way it'll be all clearer ^^
Support because this way it'll be all clearer ^^
uXWoEda.png
Support, it was easy to understand what each icon meant at first glance except for that one. First thought I had when I saw it was to comment on the user's page. It's a minor change that I would greatly appreciate!
Support, it was easy to understand what each icon meant at first glance except for that one. First thought I had when I saw it was to comment on the user's page. It's a minor change that I would greatly appreciate!
Support! I didn't really realise it but now I can definately see if things are consistent it just makes it better and easier to navigate
Support! I didn't really realise it but now I can definately see if things are consistent it just makes it better and easier to navigate
c33OBRd.png
Support! The consistency will be a good thing for sure. :>
Support! The consistency will be a good thing for sure. :>
Flying wherever the wind takes me! Every day is a new adventure!
support! i also was confused at first, until i hovered over the icon. the rest i understood at a glance.
support! i also was confused at first, until i hovered over the icon. the rest i understood at a glance.
GkfDmNh.png
Oh, that's a good idea!
Oh, that's a good idea!
Ooh, yeah, makes sense. Support.
Ooh, yeah, makes sense. Support.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Consistency in UI is always a good thing. Support!
Consistency in UI is always a good thing. Support!
1 2