Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Edit Listed Auctions
I was thinking, it might be helpful if, after you list a dragon for sale, [b]clicking on the moneybag icon link would take you to an "edit auction" page to have the option to change currency and duration[/b]. This would allow the user to edit the auction easily, without going to the AH, canceling, and then listing the auction again from the Selling Auctions page. [b]This would be helpful if you have a lot of auctions going at once, and you want to edit one dragon auction.[/b] So it would work like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/dUEbfFU.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ubMiKlM.png[/img] The left column would ONLY show dragons that were already up for auction, and the auction details would be filled out with the current details when you open the link. In this example, the auction for Mars is set at 150 gems for 1 day. [b]IDEAS[/b]: - Cancel button cancels auction, instead of leaving it as-is. - Two cancel buttons- one says "cancel auction", the other leaves auction as-is (perhaps it says, "go back"?). - If it interferes with code to edit a listed auction, perhaps the server can automatically cancel the auction when the user clicks relist, and then immediately relist it with new details. Feedback and ideas are much appreciated. :>
I was thinking, it might be helpful if, after you list a dragon for sale, clicking on the moneybag icon link would take you to an "edit auction" page to have the option to change currency and duration. This would allow the user to edit the auction easily, without going to the AH, canceling, and then listing the auction again from the Selling Auctions page.
This would be helpful if you have a lot of auctions going at once, and you want to edit one dragon auction. So it would work like this:
dUEbfFU.png
ubMiKlM.png
The left column would ONLY show dragons that were already up for auction, and the auction details would be filled out with the current details when you open the link. In this example, the auction for Mars is set at 150 gems for 1 day.

IDEAS:
- Cancel button cancels auction, instead of leaving it as-is.
- Two cancel buttons- one says "cancel auction", the other leaves auction as-is (perhaps it says, "go back"?).
- If it interferes with code to edit a listed auction, perhaps the server can automatically cancel the auction when the user clicks relist, and then immediately relist it with new details.

Feedback and ideas are much appreciated. :>
treasure_tips.gif gem_buy.gif
I can only support a link to that dragons auction popping up. Canceling an auction before listing it again is - if I remember correctly - necessary otherwise the potential unlucky buyer might be cheated by several tousands of treasure (or lots of gems).

I remember there being cases where people were very fast with canceling and reposting a dragon and a slower buyer ending up with the dragon for 15k instead of 5k because he clicked buy on the old price but when the site had finished loading the new price was allready up.
I can only support a link to that dragons auction popping up. Canceling an auction before listing it again is - if I remember correctly - necessary otherwise the potential unlucky buyer might be cheated by several tousands of treasure (or lots of gems).

I remember there being cases where people were very fast with canceling and reposting a dragon and a slower buyer ending up with the dragon for 15k instead of 5k because he clicked buy on the old price but when the site had finished loading the new price was allready up.
[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2017-10-15 10:55:03] I can only support a link to that dragons auction popping up. Canceling an auction before listing it again is - if I remember correctly - necessary otherwise the potential unlucky buyer might be cheated by several tousands of treasure (or lots of gems). I remember there being cases where people were very fast with canceling and reposting a dragon and a slower buyer ending up with the dragon for 15k instead of 5k because he clicked buy on the old price but when the site had finished loading the new price was allready up. [/quote] I think this is probably the main reason that you can't edit an existing auction. Too much chance, especially with the speed of different computers, for buyers to click on an auction just as it is being changed. Either the buyer might spend more than they want should it be updated to a higher price, or the seller doesn't get as much as they want, if the auction goes through at the lower price.
Ismaiel wrote on 2017-10-15:

I think this is probably the main reason that you can't edit an existing auction. Too much chance, especially with the speed of different computers, for buyers to click on an auction just as it is being changed. Either the buyer might spend more than they want should it be updated to a higher price, or the seller doesn't get as much as they want, if the auction goes through at the lower price.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar @Ismaiel Would this fix the issue?
If it interferes with code to edit a listed auction, perhaps the server can automatically cancel the auction when the user clicks relist, and then immediately relist it with new details.
That way, the user would get the "this auction no longer exists" message if they clicked just as the auction was being edited.
If the buyer buys the dragon just before the seller relists it, well then that's just like someone buying an auction just before you hit the cancel button. It's unlucky, but it happens.
@Jemadar @Ismaiel Would this fix the issue?
If it interferes with code to edit a listed auction, perhaps the server can automatically cancel the auction when the user clicks relist, and then immediately relist it with new details.
That way, the user would get the "this auction no longer exists" message if they clicked just as the auction was being edited.
If the buyer buys the dragon just before the seller relists it, well then that's just like someone buying an auction just before you hit the cancel button. It's unlucky, but it happens.
treasure_tips.gif gem_buy.gif
@Ppixelninja216
I think it would be better for the server to automatically cancel the auction when the user hits 'edit' and then when they click finish/relist whatever, it relists the auction as is.

That way there is no fear of a user getting stuck with a higher price tag than they wanted (think of User A editing their dragon to cost more, hit relist, User B sees the old price, hits buy, but because their internet is slower, even if they hit buy before User A hit relist, the server might process User A's request BEFORE User B, meaning that User B, even though they don't see it, is actually paying a higher price for said dragon). NOr is there the problem of it the other way around, User A edits auction and hits Relist, but because they are on a slow internet and B is on a faster one, B's request goes through first and A loses out on that money.

The only other issue I have with this is the fear of potentially something breaking should a user try to buy a dragon that is being edited and the wires gettng crossed.
@Ppixelninja216
I think it would be better for the server to automatically cancel the auction when the user hits 'edit' and then when they click finish/relist whatever, it relists the auction as is.

That way there is no fear of a user getting stuck with a higher price tag than they wanted (think of User A editing their dragon to cost more, hit relist, User B sees the old price, hits buy, but because their internet is slower, even if they hit buy before User A hit relist, the server might process User A's request BEFORE User B, meaning that User B, even though they don't see it, is actually paying a higher price for said dragon). NOr is there the problem of it the other way around, User A edits auction and hits Relist, but because they are on a slow internet and B is on a faster one, B's request goes through first and A loses out on that money.

The only other issue I have with this is the fear of potentially something breaking should a user try to buy a dragon that is being edited and the wires gettng crossed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png