Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | fix jaguar colors before its too late
1 2
The new genes are looking good! There are just a few missed opportunities that I really wish happened: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=19&breed=12&element=8&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=176&auth=3f2a09d4039cbd2808ab34b39e9407e3350408d3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] This is eldritch now - I think it would be awesome if the colors were changed so that the spots looked like eyes, or at least, that the centers of the rosettes were a light color. It would fit in with the mythos and everything. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=19&breed=12&element=8&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=134&auth=f62b9f06a3dfdf138e896fc08fc6bfeb28718b78&dummyext=prev.png[/img] This is peacock now - but what if the spots were colorful like actual peacock plumes? Wanted to suggest this now, before people buy the genes. I also realize it's unlikely to actually happen, I just really want it.
The new genes are looking good! There are just a few missed opportunities that I really wish happened:

dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=19&breed=12&element=8&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=176&auth=3f2a09d4039cbd2808ab34b39e9407e3350408d3&dummyext=prev.png

This is eldritch now - I think it would be awesome if the colors were changed so that the spots looked like eyes, or at least, that the centers of the rosettes were a light color. It would fit in with the mythos and everything.

dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=19&breed=12&element=8&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=134&auth=f62b9f06a3dfdf138e896fc08fc6bfeb28718b78&dummyext=prev.png

This is peacock now - but what if the spots were colorful like actual peacock plumes?

Wanted to suggest this now, before people buy the genes. I also realize it's unlikely to actually happen, I just really want it.
I get it it would be nice i agree but it would kinda be a lot of for the team so i dont think it'll happen. Maybe someone could make accents to accentuate the peacock effect :) ? idk
I get it it would be nice i agree but it would kinda be a lot of for the team so i dont think it'll happen. Maybe someone could make accents to accentuate the peacock effect :) ? idk
@Mimimoon The accent thing is a really great idea! I bet tons of shops will be making a lot of cash off of rainbow leopard spot fillers
@Mimimoon The accent thing is a really great idea! I bet tons of shops will be making a lot of cash off of rainbow leopard spot fillers
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
@HalfMoonTheWolf thank you , it doesnt seem to be too complicated to do either :L
@HalfMoonTheWolf thank you , it doesnt seem to be too complicated to do either :L
@Mimimoon Yeah, easy cash for accent makers
@Mimimoon Yeah, easy cash for accent makers
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
The genes are generated by an automated system now. The lines are formed, then the computer calculates what colors go where based on the palette. That way all colors are uniform across all genes.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense to give certain colors special treatment on specific genes. Just because eldritch sounds like its a mutation doesn't mean that one color on one single gene should look mutated. Just because a gene is called peacock doesn't mean all genes should make that one color look like the natural pattern and coloration from a peafowl.

Trying to single out colors and make them "special" depending on the concept of a new gene would really, really slow down releasing new genes in general and would basically make the automated system they developed precisely to speed things up and manage the massive art load pointless.
The genes are generated by an automated system now. The lines are formed, then the computer calculates what colors go where based on the palette. That way all colors are uniform across all genes.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense to give certain colors special treatment on specific genes. Just because eldritch sounds like its a mutation doesn't mean that one color on one single gene should look mutated. Just because a gene is called peacock doesn't mean all genes should make that one color look like the natural pattern and coloration from a peafowl.

Trying to single out colors and make them "special" depending on the concept of a new gene would really, really slow down releasing new genes in general and would basically make the automated system they developed precisely to speed things up and manage the massive art load pointless.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
It's already too late. It was too late the moment they were released.

When the staff made changes to jupiter and saturn, soon after their release, there was a lot of anger in the community, some very very unimpressed people in that regard. Changing it would only lead to some very, very upset people.

No support.
It's already too late. It was too late the moment they were released.

When the staff made changes to jupiter and saturn, soon after their release, there was a lot of anger in the community, some very very unimpressed people in that regard. Changing it would only lead to some very, very upset people.

No support.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
I don't know, I sort of like how Eldritch looks now :(

However these suggestions both sound good for, ironically, a peacock-esque gene if one was ever planned. If any gene should make peacock (the colour) shine, it should be a peacock gene :D
I don't know, I sort of like how Eldritch looks now :(

However these suggestions both sound good for, ironically, a peacock-esque gene if one was ever planned. If any gene should make peacock (the colour) shine, it should be a peacock gene :D
The Thing about Saturn and Jupiter is that I believe those were a 'mistake' Only one dragon has the 'correct' version and so they changed the others to fit that. (this is what I remember, I could be wrong)

These colors are NOT a mistake.

When genes are done, to my knowledge, the staff chooses a palette for them. It isn't just randomly picking colors, for many genes, it is the color + the accent color of said gene (like violet's accent color is brown) so any gene that uses multiple colors will have violet using a brown color.

For some genes, they decided on a different palette, (skink/poi etc..) but even those were just randomly picked out a hat (again as far as I know), they were all consistent.

I don't know how they chose the colors for these particular genes, but they look to be on the same color scheme as poi/tox. So changing two colors out of them all, in order to fit one person's idea of what they should have done, wouldn't make sense because it would mean those two colors are treated special to the other colors for this gene.

While it might be interesting and gorgeous in the case of peacock, I would prefer the colors be consistent.

The Thing about Saturn and Jupiter is that I believe those were a 'mistake' Only one dragon has the 'correct' version and so they changed the others to fit that. (this is what I remember, I could be wrong)

These colors are NOT a mistake.

When genes are done, to my knowledge, the staff chooses a palette for them. It isn't just randomly picking colors, for many genes, it is the color + the accent color of said gene (like violet's accent color is brown) so any gene that uses multiple colors will have violet using a brown color.

For some genes, they decided on a different palette, (skink/poi etc..) but even those were just randomly picked out a hat (again as far as I know), they were all consistent.

I don't know how they chose the colors for these particular genes, but they look to be on the same color scheme as poi/tox. So changing two colors out of them all, in order to fit one person's idea of what they should have done, wouldn't make sense because it would mean those two colors are treated special to the other colors for this gene.

While it might be interesting and gorgeous in the case of peacock, I would prefer the colors be consistent.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I guess I don't understand why it needs changing at all. The staff artists came up with a colour scheme that fits the gene and it's fine as it is.
I guess I don't understand why it needs changing at all. The staff artists came up with a colour scheme that fits the gene and it's fine as it is.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
1 2