Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Removing Some Tomo Questions
Particularly the ones about Kickstarters and such that don't actually exist within Sornieth. It feels extremely immersion breaking, and there are lots of things to comment on in the site's "in universe" functions and lore at this point that I don't think they're really necessary! The Kickstarter questions in particular have no relevance for players who are joining the website now unless they're the kind of person to research retired items (in which case there's already a page in the encyclopedia for that) and who's selling them. The questions about who's an admin and who's an artist on the admin team and such are... interesting to know I guess? But they're documented elsewhere on the site and are also pretty immersion breaking IMO.

I'm sure I'm forgetting about some other ones that really ruin the feel of what Tomo should and shouldn't be aware of - thoughts?
Particularly the ones about Kickstarters and such that don't actually exist within Sornieth. It feels extremely immersion breaking, and there are lots of things to comment on in the site's "in universe" functions and lore at this point that I don't think they're really necessary! The Kickstarter questions in particular have no relevance for players who are joining the website now unless they're the kind of person to research retired items (in which case there's already a page in the encyclopedia for that) and who's selling them. The questions about who's an admin and who's an artist on the admin team and such are... interesting to know I guess? But they're documented elsewhere on the site and are also pretty immersion breaking IMO.

I'm sure I'm forgetting about some other ones that really ruin the feel of what Tomo should and shouldn't be aware of - thoughts?
1Zfjqw6.png
Support

Tomo should only have game-relevant questions, not those entailing the society around it. It's pretty unfair to ask questions regarding the society and past offers if you aren't and/or don't want to be involved in it.
Support

Tomo should only have game-relevant questions, not those entailing the society around it. It's pretty unfair to ask questions regarding the society and past offers if you aren't and/or don't want to be involved in it.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
The Kickstarter ones aren't even questions either, and it's weird how they haven't been fixed at all.

But yeah, support. Ones like that, ones about things not so relevant to the game itself, should be omitted. I understand ones like what Baldwin level certain items are (though tbh should they be in there?) but then there are just weird site ones that are kinda weird for questions for her to ask, I mean... why is there a question about the top banner?
The Kickstarter ones aren't even questions either, and it's weird how they haven't been fixed at all.

But yeah, support. Ones like that, ones about things not so relevant to the game itself, should be omitted. I understand ones like what Baldwin level certain items are (though tbh should they be in there?) but then there are just weird site ones that are kinda weird for questions for her to ask, I mean... why is there a question about the top banner?
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I think it would be neat if immersion became a main focus, so support.
I think it would be neat if immersion became a main focus, so support.
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
I'd actually enjoy this, I feel like many players don't know all that much about the kickstarter considering most players here weren't backers.
I'd actually enjoy this, I feel like many players don't know all that much about the kickstarter considering most players here weren't backers.
The kickstarter questions are fine because if you play every day, you learn the right answer, and it's a nice tribute to the people who made the game possible. That said, some of the questions may make users feel bad about the fact that they'll never have kickstarter items lol.
The kickstarter questions are fine because if you play every day, you learn the right answer, and it's a nice tribute to the people who made the game possible. That said, some of the questions may make users feel bad about the fact that they'll never have kickstarter items lol.
Support, because I feel like it makes most sense for Tomo to only ask questions that dragons in-universe would know about. I don't really see any point in her breaking the fourth wall. As Hisscale mentioned, I feel like it should focus a lot more on immersion than site trivia.
Support, because I feel like it makes most sense for Tomo to only ask questions that dragons in-universe would know about. I don't really see any point in her breaking the fourth wall. As Hisscale mentioned, I feel like it should focus a lot more on immersion than site trivia.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
[center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/7c34c0ad9c1afad544c6d6ceae9dc0cd/tumblr_oqnu7pPxvh1udtro9o1_400.png[/img][/center] Even rephrasing stuff like this would be nice... "which of the following is a plentiful breed, and most likely to start a new clan?" The plentiful breed is enough information that we will get the question right, and acknowledging that there's a game and we got to build a dragon from scratch is some of the immersion breaking stuff I'm frowning at.
tumblr_oqnu7pPxvh1udtro9o1_400.png

Even rephrasing stuff like this would be nice... "which of the following is a plentiful breed, and most likely to start a new clan?" The plentiful breed is enough information that we will get the question right, and acknowledging that there's a game and we got to build a dragon from scratch is some of the immersion breaking stuff I'm frowning at.
1Zfjqw6.png
I don't see how these questions break the immersion of the game when the root focus of the game is to breed dragons. That is the main point of playing on FR. It's not an adventure or RPG type game. Yeah, you can do that on site but it's not a requisite of the game. I think the questions are fine as is because they are trivia about the history of the game
I don't see how these questions break the immersion of the game when the root focus of the game is to breed dragons. That is the main point of playing on FR. It's not an adventure or RPG type game. Yeah, you can do that on site but it's not a requisite of the game. I think the questions are fine as is because they are trivia about the history of the game
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
The question like " what dragons are at the top of the banner/page?"
Like.. Your giving us a free question, no effort needed. As well as, breaking my mind that a dragon knows there's a site. Support.
The question like " what dragons are at the top of the banner/page?"
Like.. Your giving us a free question, no effort needed. As well as, breaking my mind that a dragon knows there's a site. Support.