Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Idea for Familiar Bonding!
1 2 3
Welcome!
Please note before going forward, do not ping me, simply post on this thread your support or if you have any concerns regarding this suggestion.

So my biggest issue with bonding with familiars? It takes forever~

Mainly due to the fact that the page reloads after you finish bonding. This usually means that you have to have so many tabs.

This is an issue for bigger lairs, of course.

Now, you know how when you buy something from the AH, you have those prompt boxes?

I propose something similar for bonding!

Instead of reloading the whole page for a dragon after you bond with it, you close the window, and the image for the bonding changes, like how the AH pages don't reload, it just updates your funds on hand as you go.

This would reduce a tremendous hassle on bonding, but not make it so silly easy.

Alternate Ideas/Good Complimenting Ideas!
~Update the familiar icon on the lair page so that when a familiar is bonded with, the icon updates to have a little pink heart (similar to the pink heart on the familiar's item icon in the hoard/vault), so that on a glance on the lair page will show who has been bonded with for that day.

~Pros Noted~
1.) Less strain on the userbase at large for familiar bonding. Basically, not having to carefully open a certain number of tabs before one's internet browser crashes, and then deal with all of those tabs loading and lagging your internet.

~Cons Noted~
1.) The Ads. I know I know, a lot of you out there, myself included, don't care about the ads due to the fact that some tend to auto-load and redirect you quite a few pages away from FR, with no way to get original links to give to staff to look into. And while it can be argued that since the ads reload on the page over time without the page refreshing at all, it doesn't change the fact that it is a valid point to consider that FR wouldn't be able to progress as much as it has lately without both its userbase donating to support the site, and also from that ad revenue. So just, keep that in mind.
Welcome!
Please note before going forward, do not ping me, simply post on this thread your support or if you have any concerns regarding this suggestion.

So my biggest issue with bonding with familiars? It takes forever~

Mainly due to the fact that the page reloads after you finish bonding. This usually means that you have to have so many tabs.

This is an issue for bigger lairs, of course.

Now, you know how when you buy something from the AH, you have those prompt boxes?

I propose something similar for bonding!

Instead of reloading the whole page for a dragon after you bond with it, you close the window, and the image for the bonding changes, like how the AH pages don't reload, it just updates your funds on hand as you go.

This would reduce a tremendous hassle on bonding, but not make it so silly easy.

Alternate Ideas/Good Complimenting Ideas!
~Update the familiar icon on the lair page so that when a familiar is bonded with, the icon updates to have a little pink heart (similar to the pink heart on the familiar's item icon in the hoard/vault), so that on a glance on the lair page will show who has been bonded with for that day.

~Pros Noted~
1.) Less strain on the userbase at large for familiar bonding. Basically, not having to carefully open a certain number of tabs before one's internet browser crashes, and then deal with all of those tabs loading and lagging your internet.

~Cons Noted~
1.) The Ads. I know I know, a lot of you out there, myself included, don't care about the ads due to the fact that some tend to auto-load and redirect you quite a few pages away from FR, with no way to get original links to give to staff to look into. And while it can be argued that since the ads reload on the page over time without the page refreshing at all, it doesn't change the fact that it is a valid point to consider that FR wouldn't be able to progress as much as it has lately without both its userbase donating to support the site, and also from that ad revenue. So just, keep that in mind.
Support! My internet is honestly terrible, and it's only getting worse in the winter months because of bad cables, and this would save a lot of time due to how long it takes my pages to reload. I never understood why we didn't have this in the first place to be honest.
Support! My internet is honestly terrible, and it's only getting worse in the winter months because of bad cables, and this would save a lot of time due to how long it takes my pages to reload. I never understood why we didn't have this in the first place to be honest.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
I support this idea fully :)

Maybe a way to even step up this suggestion is that there is no popup. I mean, it not refreshing is already fantastic, so removing the popup would be nice too. Streamline the process even more~! Maybe only popup when you get a chest?

But even if the popup wasn't removed, getting rid of refreshing would be friggin amazing.
I support this idea fully :)

Maybe a way to even step up this suggestion is that there is no popup. I mean, it not refreshing is already fantastic, so removing the popup would be nice too. Streamline the process even more~! Maybe only popup when you get a chest?

But even if the popup wasn't removed, getting rid of refreshing would be friggin amazing.
Xo3h1oI.png
I like this, though I still want bonding through the lair page :) But having only the familiar area of the tab/window reload would make it a LOT faster.

Support.
I like this, though I still want bonding through the lair page :) But having only the familiar area of the tab/window reload would make it a LOT faster.

Support.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Major support!
My internet is kinda "meh" at the best of times, and opening all the new tabs causes it to lag, a lot. With this, I could bond a little quicker and not have so much lag.
And it would still take some time to bond, of course, so it's not like a "bond-all" button where you'd click one button and be done with it. Every familiar still needs to be bonded individually!
Major support!
My internet is kinda "meh" at the best of times, and opening all the new tabs causes it to lag, a lot. With this, I could bond a little quicker and not have so much lag.
And it would still take some time to bond, of course, so it's not like a "bond-all" button where you'd click one button and be done with it. Every familiar still needs to be bonded individually!
pVhWnFy.png
To add onto Emordnilap's note there~

It's easy to mix up tabs and not bond with all dragons. This way would make it to just one tab or window, and a simple scroll would show if that dragon was bonded with, so you can just move onto the next dragon.

It's easy to mix up tabs and not bond with all dragons. This way would make it to just one tab or window, and a simple scroll would show if that dragon was bonded with, so you can just move onto the next dragon.
That could be pretty nice. I've got decent internet myself, but I think anything that makes life easier for people without making it harder for anyone else in the process is a good idea (if that makes sense?)
That could be pretty nice. I've got decent internet myself, but I think anything that makes life easier for people without making it harder for anyone else in the process is a good idea (if that makes sense?)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Zhavea" date=2017-05-22 19:34:17] To add onto Emordnilap's note there~ It's easy to mix up tabs and not bond with all dragons. This way would make it to just one tab or window, and a simple scroll would show if that dragon was bonded with, so you can just move onto the next dragon. [/quote] Oh I know, I get clicking and misclick and then I am too lazy to go through and check which familiars I have bonded with etc.... On that note, I would also LOVE if the familiar icon in the lair would indicate whether or not that familiar had been bonded with that day. I would also love it if it could be used to bond with the familiar, but that is a different story.
Zhavea wrote on 2017-05-22:

Oh I know, I get clicking and misclick and then I am too lazy to go through and check which familiars I have bonded with etc.... On that note, I would also LOVE if the familiar icon in the lair would indicate whether or not that familiar had been bonded with that day. I would also love it if it could be used to bond with the familiar, but that is a different story.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote= Jemadar]Oh I know, I get clicking and misclick and then I am too lazy to go through and check which familiars I have bonded with etc.... On that note, I would also LOVE if the familiar icon in the lair would indicate whether or not that familiar had been bonded with that day. I would also love it if it could be used to bond with the familiar, but that is a different story. [/quote] Oh my goodness yes. Yes place. Sometimes in the middle of bonding I'll have to go away, and then I totally lose track of where I was and spend several minutes trying to find my place again. Even just having the familiar icon be a different colour would help.
Jemadar wrote:
Oh I know, I get clicking and misclick and then I am too lazy to go through and check which familiars I have bonded with etc.... On that note, I would also LOVE if the familiar icon in the lair would indicate whether or not that familiar had been bonded with that day. I would also love it if it could be used to bond with the familiar, but that is a different story.

Oh my goodness yes. Yes place. Sometimes in the middle of bonding I'll have to go away, and then I totally lose track of where I was and spend several minutes trying to find my place again. Even just having the familiar icon be a different colour would help.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-05-22 19:38:16] Oh I know, I get clicking and misclick and then I am too lazy to go through and check which familiars I have bonded with etc.... On that note, I would also LOVE if the familiar icon in the lair would indicate whether or not that familiar had been bonded with that day. I would also love it if it could be used to bond with the familiar, but that is a different story. [/quote] I love the idea of having the little icon on the lair page show if the familiar has been bonded with. If anyone is worried about being harassed because of not bonding, maybe it could be player side only? Like the feed and arrange buttons c: I think that's a great addition!
Jemadar wrote on 2017-05-22:

I love the idea of having the little icon on the lair page show if the familiar has been bonded with. If anyone is worried about being harassed because of not bonding, maybe it could be player side only? Like the feed and arrange buttons c: I think that's a great addition!
Xo3h1oI.png
1 2 3