Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Retired familliar raffles
1 2
I would really like to see old familiars (and apparel/skins) make a comeback. I've pretty much accepted that unless they add more of the sprites I won't be able to afford any of the them other than maybe the nature or water (which is sad, because sprites are one of my favorite familiars look-wise).

This does sound like it's on the right track- available to all active players, doesn't crush the market for them and allows those of us who weren't able to join right away/only found the game recently to get something that isn't possible now.
(and I'd hope it could include other retired festival items)
I like the general sound of it but doesn't sound perfect to me. I'm really against it being a treasure sink (as @gemajgall was suggesting) because then it would be likely to only go to the oldest and most active players with lots of money to drop on it.

I would really like to see old familiars (and apparel/skins) make a comeback. I've pretty much accepted that unless they add more of the sprites I won't be able to afford any of the them other than maybe the nature or water (which is sad, because sprites are one of my favorite familiars look-wise).

This does sound like it's on the right track- available to all active players, doesn't crush the market for them and allows those of us who weren't able to join right away/only found the game recently to get something that isn't possible now.
(and I'd hope it could include other retired festival items)
I like the general sound of it but doesn't sound perfect to me. I'm really against it being a treasure sink (as @gemajgall was suggesting) because then it would be likely to only go to the oldest and most active players with lots of money to drop on it.

Thanks, but please don't ping me.
Thanks, but please don't ping me.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Sorry, I completely missed that!
Sorry, I completely missed that!
@AvacadoToast, I personally think that it is an outstandingly amazing idea. This would be a wonderful idea to get things moving/flowing again. Ping me to let me know when you're getting started! Thank You!
@AvacadoToast, I personally think that it is an outstandingly amazing idea. This would be a wonderful idea to get things moving/flowing again. Ping me to let me know when you're getting started! Thank You!
NjmH8Jl.png
[quote name="5H4D0WDU57" date=2017-05-18 17:34:49] While I'm wholehearted support retired items come back. How is this different with countless raffle are hosted by players in the forum? [/quote] Because those raffles are for items that already exist on the site and don't generate a new item?
5H4D0WDU57 wrote on 2017-05-18:
While I'm wholehearted support retired items come back. How is this different with countless raffle are hosted by players in the forum?

Because those raffles are for items that already exist on the site and don't generate a new item?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="AvacadoToast" date=2017-05-18 15:52:14] I think this would help to keep the scarcity, while still keeping the sprites "alive" [/quote]Sprites ARE still "alive". Light Sprites, the most expensive and rare of the sprites, have actually gone down in price in last 9 months. There is zero reason for FR staff to do anything to add more sprites into circulation at this time. IF there ever comes a day when there are none listed in the AH, then perhaps staff should consider changing their stance. But until then? It would cause more harm (in the way of mistrust) than it would help.
AvacadoToast wrote on 2017-05-18:
I think this would help to keep the scarcity, while still keeping the sprites "alive"
Sprites ARE still "alive". Light Sprites, the most expensive and rare of the sprites, have actually gone down in price in last 9 months.

There is zero reason for FR staff to do anything to add more sprites into circulation at this time.

IF there ever comes a day when there are none listed in the AH, then perhaps staff should consider changing their stance. But until then? It would cause more harm (in the way of mistrust) than it would help.
ZQGfAQY.png
The staff have said time and time again that retired means retired, so no support. There's nothing wrong with having something to work towards.
The staff have said time and time again that retired means retired, so no support. There's nothing wrong with having something to work towards.
Tn4aWhc.png
Im still confused as to why people think the current number int he game is sustainable. Anyone wanting to complete their beastairy, another aspect of the game, will keep it. The amount available will continue to reduce the more people play. It is only due to the incredible cost that they haven't found perma-homes already because the demand is absolutely there.

Still support putting them in a box like joxars. In-fact, put all the year one and year two stuff into a box. Mix the recolors in as well = a still rare yet accessible thing for everyone. Everyone wins.
Im still confused as to why people think the current number int he game is sustainable. Anyone wanting to complete their beastairy, another aspect of the game, will keep it. The amount available will continue to reduce the more people play. It is only due to the incredible cost that they haven't found perma-homes already because the demand is absolutely there.

Still support putting them in a box like joxars. In-fact, put all the year one and year two stuff into a box. Mix the recolors in as well = a still rare yet accessible thing for everyone. Everyone wins.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
I think the idea of mistrust to staff is really overblown. The majority of players were not around for sprites and cannot afford sprites (I say this as someone with 10/11 sprites) , and I honestly don't care if the value of my sprites slightly goes down because ONE more exists every month. I think the staff could do a lot to inspire confidence and garner support (like new polls listing different options for cycling, etc.) Staff realized pretty quickly that retiring all holiday items gives the games sense of separation, and there's a reason holiday stuff doesn't retire any more. Additionally, I could definitely support users who win skin/comic/naming competitions receiving a random sprite box as a reward. That's extremely rare, and incredibly well-earned, and I don't see why most users would have any problem with it.
I think the idea of mistrust to staff is really overblown. The majority of players were not around for sprites and cannot afford sprites (I say this as someone with 10/11 sprites) , and I honestly don't care if the value of my sprites slightly goes down because ONE more exists every month. I think the staff could do a lot to inspire confidence and garner support (like new polls listing different options for cycling, etc.) Staff realized pretty quickly that retiring all holiday items gives the games sense of separation, and there's a reason holiday stuff doesn't retire any more. Additionally, I could definitely support users who win skin/comic/naming competitions receiving a random sprite box as a reward. That's extremely rare, and incredibly well-earned, and I don't see why most users would have any problem with it.
There is no reason to bring back retired items, in any form, apart from completionists. There's nothing wrong with a complete set of anything, but the retiring debate is so played out, tired, and overly harsh on all sides that it's best to just leave it as it is and not stir the hornets nest. Unretiring, in any form, is kicking the hornets nest: there would be endless debates on how to do it, how unfair items get distributed, mudslinging at everyone else, and just.... no. No.

Let retired items stay retired. No support.
There is no reason to bring back retired items, in any form, apart from completionists. There's nothing wrong with a complete set of anything, but the retiring debate is so played out, tired, and overly harsh on all sides that it's best to just leave it as it is and not stir the hornets nest. Unretiring, in any form, is kicking the hornets nest: there would be endless debates on how to do it, how unfair items get distributed, mudslinging at everyone else, and just.... no. No.

Let retired items stay retired. No support.
1 2