Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Numbers in Dragon Names
1 2 3 4 5
Just clarifying, this is separate from special characters such as spaces and apostrophes.

I'd like to see those things too, but they are separate issues with separate conditions.

Numbers are alphanumeric and should be allowed already under the current rule, but they aren't. Adding just numbers would not allow people to write code or anything in the name. It's got no effect other than allowing us to have numbers in names.

Because Numerals look terrible for larger numbers.
Just clarifying, this is separate from special characters such as spaces and apostrophes.

I'd like to see those things too, but they are separate issues with separate conditions.

Numbers are alphanumeric and should be allowed already under the current rule, but they aren't. Adding just numbers would not allow people to write code or anything in the name. It's got no effect other than allowing us to have numbers in names.

Because Numerals look terrible for larger numbers.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
Support. It's very odd that we aren't allowed numbers in names tbh. It was definitely a conscious aesthetic decision to not include it but hey everyone has different aesthetics. It'll allow creativity and clan lore, I can't think of any negatives that don't already exist with just letters.
Support. It's very odd that we aren't allowed numbers in names tbh. It was definitely a conscious aesthetic decision to not include it but hey everyone has different aesthetics. It'll allow creativity and clan lore, I can't think of any negatives that don't already exist with just letters.
I support this!! It'd be really cool to name fandragons after the real name. The only thing I could see negative about this is it would be really easy to make inappropriate names. Like 3 for E, 1 for I, 0 for o, etc.
I support this!! It'd be really cool to name fandragons after the real name. The only thing I could see negative about this is it would be really easy to make inappropriate names. Like 3 for E, 1 for I, 0 for o, etc.
CLVpsxr.gif
[quote name="IzzyWizzy" date=2017-05-07 16:02:33] I support this!! It'd be really cool to name fandragons after the real name. The only thing I could see negative about this is it would be really easy to make inappropriate names. Like 3 for E, 1 for I, 0 for o, etc. [/quote] That can already be done by typoing. Filter evasion is already a thing, guys
IzzyWizzy wrote on 2017-05-07:

That can already be done by typoing. Filter evasion is already a thing, guys
[quote name="Eternality" date=2017-04-24 05:28:35] I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks. [/quote] So... what about robot dragons? What about 'lore' and 'imagination'? Anyways, I support because I need a robot dragon with numbers in its name.
Eternality wrote on 2017-04-24:
I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks.
So... what about robot dragons? What about 'lore' and 'imagination'?

Anyways, I support because I need a robot dragon with numbers in its name.
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
i'd really like to see diacritics allowed as well.

there's things i want to name my dragons, but without the diacritics they're completely different! let us use á and é at least...
i'd really like to see diacritics allowed as well.

there's things i want to name my dragons, but without the diacritics they're completely different! let us use á and é at least...
tumblr_inline_nm5aogxI3C1t2i6sg.giftumblr_inline_nm5amd4Rto1t2i6sg.gif
I can see some very good lore reasons for having numbers in names. It would be nice to be able to do.
I can see some very good lore reasons for having numbers in names. It would be nice to be able to do.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
I don't support this.

Aesthetics aside, it would cause issue with the profanity filter. Better if they just dropped the use of the word "alphanumeric" to kill confusion.
I don't support this.

Aesthetics aside, it would cause issue with the profanity filter. Better if they just dropped the use of the word "alphanumeric" to kill confusion.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
support. i wouldn't use it myself, but that isn't a fair reason to kill other people's creativity when there's no harm or code issue in using numbers in names. and the profanity filter is already easily evaded by anyone who really wants to try that hard, which is easily fixed by reporting it. seeing as how people already do it without numbers i don't see that as a reason to ban number use.

seconding that i would also kill to please, please, please use spaces and/or accented letters to make names more friendly and accessible for non-American, non-English users, too.
support. i wouldn't use it myself, but that isn't a fair reason to kill other people's creativity when there's no harm or code issue in using numbers in names. and the profanity filter is already easily evaded by anyone who really wants to try that hard, which is easily fixed by reporting it. seeing as how people already do it without numbers i don't see that as a reason to ban number use.

seconding that i would also kill to please, please, please use spaces and/or accented letters to make names more friendly and accessible for non-American, non-English users, too.
Y1v6lI6.png

nicholas, he/him, 28. | tumblr, twitter

please check my dragon's profile for their pronouns for forum games first!
wishlist, clan members, clan lore.

AUGZP54.png
[quote]"Your request could not be completed for the following reasons: Names must be alphanumeric." ... It is alphanumeric.[/quote] Well... That's embarrassing. Numbers would be great. Also other letters not in the English alphabet, but seriously. That error message. Should it ever come up, though, I don't think I would support having things like underscores, asterisks, exclamation/question marks, ampersands, or pound symbols in there. [quote]Aesthetics aside, it would cause issue with the profanity filter. Better if they just dropped the use of the word "alphanumeric" to kill confusion.[/quote] I don't understand how it's an issue when all they'd have to do is update the filter. Which is already probably done fairly regularly.
Quote:
"Your request could not be completed for the following reasons:
Names must be alphanumeric."

It is alphanumeric.
Well...
That's embarrassing.

Numbers would be great. Also other letters not in the English alphabet, but seriously. That error message. Should it ever come up, though, I don't think I would support having things like underscores, asterisks, exclamation/question marks, ampersands, or pound symbols in there.

Quote:
I don't understand how it's an issue when all they'd have to do is update the filter. Which is already probably done fairly regularly.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5