Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Multiple New Dragon Breed Designs
1 2
Hello! I know that there have been... so many... people that post new breed suggestions, but I have a few that I would like to recommend! I'll get right to it: ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/hR4RrOs.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/KPWYPZ0.jpg[/img][nextcol] [b]Name:[/b] Burrower [b]Rarity:[/b] Uncommon [b]Diet:[/b] Meat, Plants [b]Overview:[/b] Burrowers originate from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/1]The Shattered Plain[/url]. They are the only dragons that can thrive among the cracked, crumbling ground, using their shovel-like noses and strong claws to burrow through the hard earth and construct their lairs deep underground. [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] Both the shovel-like nose and the thick foreclaws of the Burrowers allows them to easily break through the hard earth of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/1]The Shattered Plain[/url], where other dragon breeds would find it almost impossible to dig at all. [b]Social:[/b] Burrowers are somewhat loners. The only times that they join with other dragons is to raise a family; however, once their hatchlings leave, they live on their own once again. Don't plan on talking to one, either, because they never have much to say and would rather keep to themselves. [b]Lairs:[/b] A Burrower will dig a burrow for itself deep underground, where it can hide and rest. They often arrange rocks in stacks around their territory to warn other dragons to back off. A single Burrower can have a very large territory that it can and will defend. [b]Tactics:[/b] When a Burrower or its territory is threatened, it can headbutt and claw at an enemy with great strength. Beware of its huge, sharp foreclaw! [/columns] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/vp2ZS0z.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Pdpgjqk.jpg[/img][nextcol] [b]Name:[/b] Crag-jumper [b]Rarity:[/b] Uncommon [b]Diet:[/b] Plants [b]Overview:[/b] Crag-jumpers originate from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/6]Cloudscrape Crags[/url]. Only they, of all the dragon breeds, can survive at the heights of the massive mountains. Crag-jumpers only rarely venture into the dragon world below the peaks. [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] Much like Tundras, Crag-jumpers have a thick coat to stay warm in the freezing Icefield. Unlike Tundras, however, they have a coat of thickly-curled wool that traps all body heat, which is crucial in the sub-zero temperatures that they reside in. Furthermore, they use their small, sharp claws to cling to the mountainside, and use their wings to keep balance more than fly. Male Crag-jumpers have an impressive set of large, spiraled horns that can withstand hard blows. [b]Social:[/b] At home in the mountains, Crag-jumpers live in closely-bonded family groups and herds. They are friendly with other dragon breeds as well, but are sometimes confused by unnecessary chatter and bickering. [b]Lairs:[/b] Groups of Crag-jumpers usually have a few seasonal dens in the shelter of large caves. They move to different regions of the mountains throughout the year in order to not overgraze one area. [b]Tactics:[/b] Although they are not fans of violence, since fighting to them is a waste of precious energy, they can still defend themselves with their sharp claws, thick tails, and the males' thick horns. [/columns] ----- [size=5][b]The following dragons have designs, but little to no information. Feel free to suggest any information.[/b][/size] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/4SEqTu0.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/pDvAZpD.jpg[/img][nextcol] [b]Name: [/b] ??? [b]Rarity:[/b] Common [b]Diet: [/b] ??? [b]Overview:[/b] ??? [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] ??? [b]Social:[/b] ___ are quite sociable, and will gladly mingle with any clan. [b]Lairs:[/b] ??? [b]Tactics:[/b] ___ only fight when they need to defend themselves. In such a case, their beaks spiked tails are a thing to be reckoned with. [/columns] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/f1grIlj.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [b]Name: [/b] ??? [b]Rarity:[/b] Rare [b]Diet: [/b] Plants [b]Overview:[/b] ??? [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] ___ have bug-like translucent wings and use their long, twisted tongues to sip nectar from flowers and juice from fruits. [b]Social:[/b] ??? [b]Lairs:[/b] ??? [b]Tactics:[/b] ??? [/columns] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/Eenbi02.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [b]Name: [/b] ??? [b]Rarity:[/b] ??? [b]Diet: [/b] ??? [b]Overview:[/b] ??? [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] ??? [b]Social:[/b] ??? [b]Lairs:[/b] ??? [b]Tactics:[/b] ??? [/columns] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/Hlh2VA7.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [b]Name: [/b] ??? [b]Rarity:[/b] ??? [b]Diet: [/b] ??? [b]Overview:[/b] ??? [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] ___ have impressive long tails that are used more for show than anything else. [b]Social:[/b] ??? [b]Lairs:[/b] ??? [b]Tactics:[/b] ??? [/columns] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/37M8xLM.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [b]Name: [/b] ??? [b]Rarity:[/b] ??? [b]Diet: [/b] ??? [b]Overview:[/b] ??? [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] ___ have neck frills that can be extended. [b]Social:[/b] ??? [b]Lairs:[/b] ??? [b]Tactics:[/b] ??? [/columns] ----- [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/0Y5f7s2.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [b]Name: [/b] ??? [b]Rarity:[/b] ??? [b]Diet: [/b] ??? [b]Overview:[/b] ??? [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] ___ have very small hind legs that they rarely use to walk at all, and are therefore usually in flight. When standing, they support themselves with their strong forelimbs and tail and balance with their two pairs of wings. [b]Social:[/b] ??? [b]Lairs:[/b] ??? [b]Tactics:[/b] ??? [/columns] -----
Hello! I know that there have been... so many... people that post new breed suggestions, but I have a few that I would like to recommend! I'll get right to it:

hR4RrOs.jpg
KPWYPZ0.jpg
Name: Burrower
Rarity: Uncommon
Diet: Meat, Plants

Overview: Burrowers originate from The Shattered Plain. They are the only dragons that can thrive among the cracked, crumbling ground, using their shovel-like noses and strong claws to burrow through the hard earth and construct their lairs deep underground.

Physical Attributes: Both the shovel-like nose and the thick foreclaws of the Burrowers allows them to easily break through the hard earth of The Shattered Plain, where other dragon breeds would find it almost impossible to dig at all.

Social: Burrowers are somewhat loners. The only times that they join with other dragons is to raise a family; however, once their hatchlings leave, they live on their own once again. Don't plan on talking to one, either, because they never have much to say and would rather keep to themselves.

Lairs: A Burrower will dig a burrow for itself deep underground, where it can hide and rest. They often arrange rocks in stacks around their territory to warn other dragons to back off. A single Burrower can have a very large territory that it can and will defend.

Tactics: When a Burrower or its territory is threatened, it can headbutt and claw at an enemy with great strength. Beware of its huge, sharp foreclaw!

vp2ZS0z.jpg
Pdpgjqk.jpg
Name: Crag-jumper
Rarity: Uncommon
Diet: Plants

Overview: Crag-jumpers originate from the Cloudscrape Crags. Only they, of all the dragon breeds, can survive at the heights of the massive mountains. Crag-jumpers only rarely venture into the dragon world below the peaks.

Physical Attributes: Much like Tundras, Crag-jumpers have a thick coat to stay warm in the freezing Icefield. Unlike Tundras, however, they have a coat of thickly-curled wool that traps all body heat, which is crucial in the sub-zero temperatures that they reside in. Furthermore, they use their small, sharp claws to cling to the mountainside, and use their wings to keep balance more than fly. Male Crag-jumpers have an impressive set of large, spiraled horns that can withstand hard blows.

Social: At home in the mountains, Crag-jumpers live in closely-bonded family groups and herds. They are friendly with other dragon breeds as well, but are sometimes confused by unnecessary chatter and bickering.

Lairs: Groups of Crag-jumpers usually have a few seasonal dens in the shelter of large caves. They move to different regions of the mountains throughout the year in order to not overgraze one area.

Tactics: Although they are not fans of violence, since fighting to them is a waste of precious energy, they can still defend themselves with their sharp claws, thick tails, and the males' thick horns.

The following dragons have designs, but little to no information. Feel free to suggest any information.

4SEqTu0.jpg
pDvAZpD.jpg
Name: ???
Rarity: Common
Diet: ???

Overview: ???

Physical Attributes: ???

Social: ___ are quite sociable, and will gladly mingle with any clan.

Lairs: ???

Tactics: ___ only fight when they need to defend themselves. In such a case, their beaks spiked tails are a thing to be reckoned with.

f1grIlj.jpg Name: ???
Rarity: Rare
Diet: Plants

Physical Attributes: ___ have bug-like translucent wings and use their long, twisted tongues to sip nectar from flowers and juice from fruits.

Social: ???

Tactics: ???

Eenbi02.jpg Name: ???
Rarity: ???

Physical Attributes: ???

Hlh2VA7.jpg Name: ???

Physical Attributes: ___ have impressive long tails that are used more for show than anything else.

37M8xLM.jpg Name: ???

Physical Attributes: ___ have neck frills that can be extended.

0Y5f7s2.jpg Name: ???

Physical Attributes: ___ have very small hind legs that they rarely use to walk at all, and are therefore usually in flight. When standing, they support themselves with their strong forelimbs and tail and balance with their two pairs of wings.

Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
FFweN5e.pnglP3A8fq.pngWHKF1eI.pngVDEbdRX.pngRytvwI2.pngTNk7xoI.png
Can we switch the Earth and Ice breeds concepts, because I don't really want two bulky breeds for Earth and two wooly breeds for Ice.

(I WANT THE SHEEPDRAGON TO BE AN EARTH THING, LIKE, IT'S ADORABLE JUST LIKE US.)
Can we switch the Earth and Ice breeds concepts, because I don't really want two bulky breeds for Earth and two wooly breeds for Ice.

(I WANT THE SHEEPDRAGON TO BE AN EARTH THING, LIKE, IT'S ADORABLE JUST LIKE US.)
@Sopheroo
I get what you're saying, but those dragons' physical traits are what make them suitable to the element they originte from. That'd be like putting a hairless cat in a frozen area and expecting it to fare well!
The other dragons, however, could really use some help on their info.
@Sopheroo
I get what you're saying, but those dragons' physical traits are what make them suitable to the element they originte from. That'd be like putting a hairless cat in a frozen area and expecting it to fare well!
The other dragons, however, could really use some help on their info.
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
@juliet42 The thing is, Ice already has a fluffy breed and Earth already has a very bulky breed, that's boring to have all breeds from one flight be really similar in concept. Look at the flights with two breeds - Pearlcatchers and Imperials have very little in common, same with Spirals and Skydancers. It's more interesting to give Ice a breed that's not adorable and fluffy, especially since we know Icewarden view Tundras with nothing but contempt. [quote]Burrowers are somewhat loners. The only times that they join with other dragons is to raise a family; however, once their hatchlings leave, they live on their own once again. Don't plan on talking to one, either, because they never have much to say and would rather keep to themselves. [/quote] This is Ice Flight to the max. Isolationist, cold attitude. [quote]Both the shovel-like nose and the thick foreclaws of the Burrowers allows them to easily break through the hard earth of The Shattered Plain, where other dragon breeds would find it almost impossible to dig at all.[/quote] The digging abilities are very useful to break permafrosted ground to find ressources or make a lair. [quote]They often arrange rocks in stacks around their territory to warn other dragons to back off. A single Burrower can have a very large territory that it can and will defend.[/quote] Once again, that's an attitude that would be welcome in the Icewarden's domain. In Dragonhome, not so much! Sheep dragon now [quote]Only they, of all the dragon breeds, can survive at the heights of the massive mountains. Crag-jumpers only rarely venture into the dragon world below the peaks. [/quote] Dragonhome isn't just flat plains, it has its mountains too! Think of mountain goats and other animals who love to climb! [quote]At home in the mountains, Crag-jumpers live in closely-bonded family groups and herds. They are friendly with other dragon breeds as well, but are sometimes confused by unnecessary chatter and bickering.[/quote] Friendly, disliking bickering...that sounds like something the One Dragon God Who Wants His Family To Get Alone And Come Home already would make.
@juliet42

The thing is, Ice already has a fluffy breed and Earth already has a very bulky breed, that's boring to have all breeds from one flight be really similar in concept.

Look at the flights with two breeds - Pearlcatchers and Imperials have very little in common, same with Spirals and Skydancers.

It's more interesting to give Ice a breed that's not adorable and fluffy, especially since we know Icewarden view Tundras with nothing but contempt.
Quote:
Burrowers are somewhat loners. The only times that they join with other dragons is to raise a family; however, once their hatchlings leave, they live on their own once again. Don't plan on talking to one, either, because they never have much to say and would rather keep to themselves.

This is Ice Flight to the max. Isolationist, cold attitude.
Quote:
Both the shovel-like nose and the thick foreclaws of the Burrowers allows them to easily break through the hard earth of The Shattered Plain, where other dragon breeds would find it almost impossible to dig at all.

The digging abilities are very useful to break permafrosted ground to find ressources or make a lair.
Quote:
They often arrange rocks in stacks around their territory to warn other dragons to back off. A single Burrower can have a very large territory that it can and will defend.

Once again, that's an attitude that would be welcome in the Icewarden's domain. In Dragonhome, not so much!

Sheep dragon now
Quote:
Only they, of all the dragon breeds, can survive at the heights of the massive mountains. Crag-jumpers only rarely venture into the dragon world below the peaks.

Dragonhome isn't just flat plains, it has its mountains too! Think of mountain goats and other animals who love to climb!
Quote:
At home in the mountains, Crag-jumpers live in closely-bonded family groups and herds. They are friendly with other dragon breeds as well, but are sometimes confused by unnecessary chatter and bickering.

Friendly, disliking bickering...that sounds like something the One Dragon God Who Wants His Family To Get Alone And Come Home already would make.

@Sopheroo
That's true. As I see it, breeds from the same element seem to have some vague similarities (Spirals and Skydancers are both long and thin and full of energy, and Imperials and PCs are quite different but have that air of grace to them). I tried not to make my designs too similar to existing ones... Are the Burrowers really that bulky? They have a completely different stance from Snappers and are kinda muscular instead of round. //shrugs
@Sopheroo
That's true. As I see it, breeds from the same element seem to have some vague similarities (Spirals and Skydancers are both long and thin and full of energy, and Imperials and PCs are quite different but have that air of grace to them). I tried not to make my designs too similar to existing ones... Are the Burrowers really that bulky? They have a completely different stance from Snappers and are kinda muscular instead of round. //shrugs
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
@juliet42

It's not as round as the Snapper, but it's still pretty bulky.

Like you said, the common points don't have to be physical! But yeah, I def. see a Ice breed and a Earth breed, just not the same as you do!

I see the more "leave-me-alone" dragon as being something Icewarden would be proud of, and with Earthshaker's deep-sleeper reputation, of course old man is counting sheep!
@juliet42

It's not as round as the Snapper, but it's still pretty bulky.

Like you said, the common points don't have to be physical! But yeah, I def. see a Ice breed and a Earth breed, just not the same as you do!

I see the more "leave-me-alone" dragon as being something Icewarden would be proud of, and with Earthshaker's deep-sleeper reputation, of course old man is counting sheep!
@Sopheroo
I see I see. Do you think any of the less-developed breeds would fit well with a particular entity?
@Sopheroo
I see I see. Do you think any of the less-developed breeds would fit well with a particular entity?
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
@juliet42

Little hummingbird guy would be a nice choice for nature, and dilophosaurus frilled guy seems like a nice match for shadow, or perhaps water, since it does have similarities to Depins
@juliet42

Little hummingbird guy would be a nice choice for nature, and dilophosaurus frilled guy seems like a nice match for shadow, or perhaps water, since it does have similarities to Depins
@Sopheroo
Perhaps I could keep the Cleft-jumpers and the Burrowers from the same elements, but have their personalities be switched? Have the Cleft-jumpers live in solitude in the cold mountains, and the Burrowers live in groups with vast burrow networks?
@Sopheroo
Perhaps I could keep the Cleft-jumpers and the Burrowers from the same elements, but have their personalities be switched? Have the Cleft-jumpers live in solitude in the cold mountains, and the Burrowers live in groups with vast burrow networks?
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
@Juliet42
I just had to say the little hummingbird guy buggy is SO adorable I LOVE IT. ♥ I really wish you the best on completing all your dragon designs! Really REALLY hope one day the buggy will be added to FR so I can fill my lair with them XD
@Juliet42
I just had to say the little hummingbird guy buggy is SO adorable I LOVE IT. ♥ I really wish you the best on completing all your dragon designs! Really REALLY hope one day the buggy will be added to FR so I can fill my lair with them XD
----~----~-CyxT1cc.png----~----~- wnB6bEi.gifrWDox2T.gif ----~----~3Ld0ruj.png----~----~
1 2