Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Breed idea] Shards
1 2 3
So, I've seen many people with the idea of aquatic dragon designs, but what about an icy dragon design? Not floof like Tundras, but spikey stuff like icicles. Unfortunately I do not have a tablet or am I good at art but I do consider myself pretty good at writing. Here's what I've got. [u]Overview[/u] The Shard dragon originates from the Fortress of Ends, where they were frozen for many years. The Icewarden created them as something to make up for his disappointing Tundra children, and he favors them. They are very sharp and intelligent, and survive due to wits. [u]Physical Attributes[/u] Shard dragons have several sharp horns and spines. Their claws are rigid, and at the end of their tail there are several spikes which they can fold in. Down their neck is a mane of icicle-like horns, which they use to convey emotion, such as aggression, relaxation, and trust. Their wings are large for flying at high altitudes and through heavy blizzards. They are medium-sized, and walk on four legs. Their bodies are elegant and long, rather graceful. Males and Females are generally the same size, but males have a bigger mane. [u]Social[/u] Socially Shard dragons prefer to stay with other Shard dragons. Other dragon species that approach them will be seen as a threat until the other gains their trust, which usually takes a while. Inside their circle they enjoy talking. When another of their group is threatened, Shards will fight viciously to protect them. If someone who is a stranger to them is being attacked, even if the stranger is right in front of them, screaming for help, Shards will hardly bat an eye. Mates in Shard society are the closest to them, besides their family. They will be inseparable, and will most likely never part, but if one is of another species or one dies, the other will go into deep mourning and most likely never take a mate again. [u]Lairs[/u] Shards like to design their lair out of any material nearby, with the sole intent of making it beautiful. They have produced some of the best architecture in Sornieth, out of the simplest materials, like leaves or bone fragments. The style of the lair is unique to each dragon, and often relates to the elemental alignment they are. They will not share a lair except with those that they trust. [u]Tactics[/u] Shards fight physically, using their rigid claws or sharp tails to harm an opponent. Their spikes can be very deadly when flared out, and if a Shard wanted to they could "grate" their opponent with their spines. But they will only fight if one they trust is in danger, or if they themselves are in danger. [b]Obtained[/b] - Gem Marketplace [b]Rarity[/b] - Rare [b]Breeding Cooldown[/b] - 35 days [b]Diet[/b] - Seafood - Plants Suggestions and critique are greatly appreciated! I especially need a nice name for them, Shard is probably temporary. EDIT: Art! Made by @IceCap, thanks so much! [quote name="IceCap" date=2017-01-07 10:49:25] @ Frysa [url=http://kuuv.io/i/RgTk6rZ.png][img]http://kuuv.io/i/RgTk6rZ.png[/img][/url] I for one, would love something for Ice that isn't Tundras [/quote]
So, I've seen many people with the idea of aquatic dragon designs, but what about an icy dragon design? Not floof like Tundras, but spikey stuff like icicles.

Unfortunately I do not have a tablet or am I good at art but I do consider myself pretty good at writing. Here's what I've got.

Overview
The Shard dragon originates from the Fortress of Ends, where they were frozen for many years. The Icewarden created them as something to make up for his disappointing Tundra children, and he favors them. They are very sharp and intelligent, and survive due to wits.

Physical Attributes
Shard dragons have several sharp horns and spines. Their claws are rigid, and at the end of their tail there are several spikes which they can fold in. Down their neck is a mane of icicle-like horns, which they use to convey emotion, such as aggression, relaxation, and trust. Their wings are large for flying at high altitudes and through heavy blizzards. They are medium-sized, and walk on four legs. Their bodies are elegant and long, rather graceful. Males and Females are generally the same size, but males have a bigger mane.

Social
Socially Shard dragons prefer to stay with other Shard dragons. Other dragon species that approach them will be seen as a threat until the other gains their trust, which usually takes a while. Inside their circle they enjoy talking. When another of their group is threatened, Shards will fight viciously to protect them. If someone who is a stranger to them is being attacked, even if the stranger is right in front of them, screaming for help, Shards will hardly bat an eye.

Mates in Shard society are the closest to them, besides their family. They will be inseparable, and will most likely never part, but if one is of another species or one dies, the other will go into deep mourning and most likely never take a mate again.

Lairs
Shards like to design their lair out of any material nearby, with the sole intent of making it beautiful. They have produced some of the best architecture in Sornieth, out of the simplest materials, like leaves or bone fragments. The style of the lair is unique to each dragon, and often relates to the elemental alignment they are. They will not share a lair except with those that they trust.

Tactics
Shards fight physically, using their rigid claws or sharp tails to harm an opponent. Their spikes can be very deadly when flared out, and if a Shard wanted to they could "grate" their opponent with their spines. But they will only fight if one they trust is in danger, or if they themselves are in danger.

Obtained
- Gem Marketplace

Rarity
- Rare

Breeding Cooldown
- 35 days

Diet
- Seafood
- Plants

Suggestions and critique are greatly appreciated! I especially need a nice name for them, Shard is probably temporary.

EDIT: Art! Made by @IceCap, thanks so much!
IceCap wrote on 2017-01-07:
@ Frysa

RgTk6rZ.png

I for one, would love something for Ice that isn't Tundras
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
Lots of Support
I like this idea, ive been wanting a breed with more spikes, other than a Ridgeback.
Lots of Support
I like this idea, ive been wanting a breed with more spikes, other than a Ridgeback.
tumblr_mtjrkn1zIq1rejibwo1_500.gif
I'm always down for new, different dragons, so support! Sounds cool!
I'm always down for new, different dragons, so support! Sounds cool!
These sound really cute. (#Loose Definition of Cute) An ice dragon that Icewarden might not be disappointed in would be cool.
These sound really cute. (#Loose Definition of Cute) An ice dragon that Icewarden might not be disappointed in would be cool.
cPW6H3E.png
Very original idea! Ridgebacks are nice and all, but I would certainly love a new spiky breed! I like the idea of a mane and all of the ice style features, but I'm not sure how the colour spectrum on the site would work out. We have a lot of long elegant dragons already, I suggest that they be made more sturdy.

A lot of support for a fresh idea, though there definitely could be a few tweaks.
Very original idea! Ridgebacks are nice and all, but I would certainly love a new spiky breed! I like the idea of a mane and all of the ice style features, but I'm not sure how the colour spectrum on the site would work out. We have a lot of long elegant dragons already, I suggest that they be made more sturdy.

A lot of support for a fresh idea, though there definitely could be a few tweaks.
4kfkgm.pngnn Welcome!nnnnn Art Shop nnnnnWishlistnn

I'm always down for an elemental dragon, but I think art work of or a detailed description of the Shard would help to sell it more.
I'm always down for an elemental dragon, but I think art work of or a detailed description of the Shard would help to sell it more.
Tn4aWhc.png
I'm loving these ^^
At first I was picturing them as an icey version of the Ridgeback, but I like the idea of graceful bodies and spiky manes~
110% support on this! Ice dragons for the win!
I'm loving these ^^
At first I was picturing them as an icey version of the Ridgeback, but I like the idea of graceful bodies and spiky manes~
110% support on this! Ice dragons for the win!
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
I didn't expect this much support wow
I didn't expect this much support wow
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
[quote name="GimbleDim" date=2016-11-07 09:18:35] Very original idea! Ridgebacks are nice and all, but I would certainly love a new spiky breed! I like the idea of a mane and all of the ice style features, but I'm not sure how the colour spectrum on the site would work out. We have a lot of long elegant dragons already, I suggest that they be made more sturdy. A lot of support for a fresh idea, though there definitely could be a few tweaks. [/quote] I imagined them as kind of flowy, not like Spirals, but more like the grace of Guardian females
GimbleDim wrote on 2016-11-07:

I imagined them as kind of flowy, not like Spirals, but more like the grace of Guardian females
@Frysa I don't know exactly how they would look like, but I think I'd change the species of the King and the Queen of my lair to this one! :)

Totally +++
@Frysa I don't know exactly how they would look like, but I think I'd change the species of the King and the Queen of my lair to this one! :)

Totally +++
DgqS2Ci.gif
1 2 3