Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli: Hard Mode
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I agree! No bonuses, same exact drops, just ability to gain exp in other venues at a lv 25 difficulty :)
I agree! No bonuses, same exact drops, just ability to gain exp in other venues at a lv 25 difficulty :)
moj0Ael.png
Coli revamp is coming soon. Perhaps this could be included?
Coli revamp is coming soon. Perhaps this could be included?
moj0Ael.png
I'll be happy to give this idea another boost. I like the idea of getting more/better loot and EXP when fighting in hard mode. What if we turned this into a treasure sink? Instead of just automatically allowing players access to "hard mode" players had to pay treasure to get in somehow. Broken down into 3 tiers, and people can discuss the merits/drawbacks of each.

Single-use only: You pay off a gatekeeper to get to the more difficult areas of each venue. Say it costs 1kt to be let into the level 25 monsters in the Training Field, and 20kt to be let into the highest level of the Golem Workshop, the increase in cost compensates your gatekeeper for their work keeping these monsters from overrunning Sornieth. Once you leave the page/refresh, you must pay this sum every time you'd like re-entry. With smaller sums like this, it would allow players the choice of grinding the Mire for food/familiars without making hard-mode too OP with the increased drop rates.

Daily use: You pay a guide to lead you to where the high-level monsters of Sornieth have set up defenses. At rollover the monsters will re-locate in an effort to confound dragons. It would be a good opportunity to expand some of the beast-clan lore. In order to compensate your guide for their information and the danger, it costs 30kt-70kt to be lead to each venue, and your access is renewed at rollover and you must pay the guide again to lead you to the new camp.

Permanent Upgrade: Similar to expanding your lair, this would be a one-time payment that permanently unlocks the hard-mode for each venue. Rough cost would be 200kt-1000kt. It may be unfair to newer players who don't have access to that kind of treasure on hand, but it's also not impossible to make that kind of treasure in 2 weeks (14 days of capping out the fairgrounds would make you 1000kt, assuming no other income). Might be OP, but I'm sure staff can come up with proper drop rates and EXP bonuses and rewards without making normal mode useless.
I'll be happy to give this idea another boost. I like the idea of getting more/better loot and EXP when fighting in hard mode. What if we turned this into a treasure sink? Instead of just automatically allowing players access to "hard mode" players had to pay treasure to get in somehow. Broken down into 3 tiers, and people can discuss the merits/drawbacks of each.

Single-use only: You pay off a gatekeeper to get to the more difficult areas of each venue. Say it costs 1kt to be let into the level 25 monsters in the Training Field, and 20kt to be let into the highest level of the Golem Workshop, the increase in cost compensates your gatekeeper for their work keeping these monsters from overrunning Sornieth. Once you leave the page/refresh, you must pay this sum every time you'd like re-entry. With smaller sums like this, it would allow players the choice of grinding the Mire for food/familiars without making hard-mode too OP with the increased drop rates.

Daily use: You pay a guide to lead you to where the high-level monsters of Sornieth have set up defenses. At rollover the monsters will re-locate in an effort to confound dragons. It would be a good opportunity to expand some of the beast-clan lore. In order to compensate your guide for their information and the danger, it costs 30kt-70kt to be lead to each venue, and your access is renewed at rollover and you must pay the guide again to lead you to the new camp.

Permanent Upgrade: Similar to expanding your lair, this would be a one-time payment that permanently unlocks the hard-mode for each venue. Rough cost would be 200kt-1000kt. It may be unfair to newer players who don't have access to that kind of treasure on hand, but it's also not impossible to make that kind of treasure in 2 weeks (14 days of capping out the fairgrounds would make you 1000kt, assuming no other income). Might be OP, but I'm sure staff can come up with proper drop rates and EXP bonuses and rewards without making normal mode useless.
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
Yes please. With the same exact drops, too, just scaled enemies. I'd take it.
Yes please. With the same exact drops, too, just scaled enemies. I'd take it.
Not sure if this has been addressed, but what about breath? You could enter the Training Grounds, wait until you have full breath, then raise it to lvl 25. That would make farming/training in the higher levels more difficult with no real gain, if I understand correctly.
Not sure if this has been addressed, but what about breath? You could enter the Training Grounds, wait until you have full breath, then raise it to lvl 25. That would make farming/training in the higher levels more difficult with no real gain, if I understand correctly.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@Zygon
I don't think you could raise the difficulty from within a fight. As I understand it, you would choose it from the venue select screen, so you couldn't raise breath in a normal-level venue, and then go to a hard-mode venue.
@Zygon
I don't think you could raise the difficulty from within a fight. As I understand it, you would choose it from the venue select screen, so you couldn't raise breath in a normal-level venue, and then go to a hard-mode venue.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
@EagleFairy OH, okay, thank you for the explanation. I guess I just interpreted it according to my wistful coli fantasies XD
@EagleFairy OH, okay, thank you for the explanation. I guess I just interpreted it according to my wistful coli fantasies XD
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@Zygon

Yep~ You'd have to select whether you wanted "normal" mode or "hard" mode before you entered the battle. So there's no cheating or getting advantages that way.

At least, that's how I envisioned it. Of course, if everyone had the option it's not cheating, but it does sound a bit unethical.
@Zygon

Yep~ You'd have to select whether you wanted "normal" mode or "hard" mode before you entered the battle. So there's no cheating or getting advantages that way.

At least, that's how I envisioned it. Of course, if everyone had the option it's not cheating, but it does sound a bit unethical.
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
Y'all are right. My vision was just a toggle button on the venue select screen to toggle everything to level 25 monsters and back. No drop table changes (any drop table changes would make this option an economy-breaker), just ability to get exp from venues where you couldn't normally.
Y'all are right. My vision was just a toggle button on the venue select screen to toggle everything to level 25 monsters and back. No drop table changes (any drop table changes would make this option an economy-breaker), just ability to get exp from venues where you couldn't normally.
moj0Ael.png
I think this is a fantastic idea, for a number of reasons already listed so I won't bother to reiterate xD Plus, sometimes I'd like to grind fodder somewhere other than the Mire. There are way prettier venues (just because it's a swamp, nothing against the actual design), plus the variety it would add would just be nice even if I liked the Mire. What if I want to level fodder or grind for festival currency in, say, the Forgotten Cave or Scorched Forest? Unless your dragons are still low-level, this is either an impossibility or not as efficient as somewhere else.

Thanks for making this suggestion, it's one I didn't even know I wanted!
I think this is a fantastic idea, for a number of reasons already listed so I won't bother to reiterate xD Plus, sometimes I'd like to grind fodder somewhere other than the Mire. There are way prettier venues (just because it's a swamp, nothing against the actual design), plus the variety it would add would just be nice even if I liked the Mire. What if I want to level fodder or grind for festival currency in, say, the Forgotten Cave or Scorched Forest? Unless your dragons are still low-level, this is either an impossibility or not as efficient as somewhere else.

Thanks for making this suggestion, it's one I didn't even know I wanted!
ZWdxRHX.gif4zm7ATR.gif ♠ Any pronouns
Ancient Adoptable shop

Pixels by Irithyll!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7