Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli: Hard Mode
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Vortex

Here are some guides. The first looks like it's still in progress, but you might be able to get some idea once it's done.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2006899

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1924291
@Vortex

Here are some guides. The first looks like it's still in progress, but you might be able to get some idea once it's done.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2006899

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1924291
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
@EpsilonMew, thanks! (also, great username omg)
@EpsilonMew, thanks! (also, great username omg)
moj0Ael.png
@Vortex [quote=Undel][LIST] [*]Adding a new item is an independent chance for that item to drop. [LIST][*]Adding a new item does not lessen the chance for existing items to drop - you have a new chance in addition to the existing chances of existing items.[/list] [*]We are adding a lot of new coliseum exclusives that drop 75% of the time (roughly) [LIST][*]When we add these new items in, we sometimes (but not always) lessen an existing non-exclusive drop. For example: When elk ears were introduced, the elk ears were added in at a 50% drop rate, and elk pelts were added in at a 50% drop rate, and at the same time, Arctic Scrub was reduced from a 40% drop rate to a 10% drop rate off elks. (as the main food elks drop is now the exclusive ears.)[/list] [/LIST][/quote] [quote=Undel]No familiar drops at greater than 1%. Most drop somewhere between 0.75%-.50% Familiars do not make up a larger percentage of loot drops. Mind, that's per monster, not per encounter. If you fight 4 bonepriests, you have 4 chances to get the familiar.[/quote]
@Vortex
Undel wrote:
  • Adding a new item is an independent chance for that item to drop.
    • Adding a new item does not lessen the chance for existing items to drop - you have a new chance in addition to the existing chances of existing items.
  • We are adding a lot of new coliseum exclusives that drop 75% of the time (roughly)
    • When we add these new items in, we sometimes (but not always) lessen an existing non-exclusive drop. For example: When elk ears were introduced, the elk ears were added in at a 50% drop rate, and elk pelts were added in at a 50% drop rate, and at the same time, Arctic Scrub was reduced from a 40% drop rate to a 10% drop rate off elks. (as the main food elks drop is now the exclusive ears.)

Undel wrote:
No familiar drops at greater than 1%. Most drop somewhere between 0.75%-.50% Familiars do not make up a larger percentage of loot drops.

Mind, that's per monster, not per encounter. If you fight 4 bonepriests, you have 4 chances to get the familiar.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I support! I'd love to grind in a different venue every day and get a variety of drops.

I think it WOULD affect economy, though, because of the different drops in different venues. For example, if someone wants Swipp items from a low-level venue, they have to choose between training dragons or going to that venue, but with this they could do both at the same time.

But I'm all for making Swipp easier, 250 leather is NOT a "handful", Tomo!
I support! I'd love to grind in a different venue every day and get a variety of drops.

I think it WOULD affect economy, though, because of the different drops in different venues. For example, if someone wants Swipp items from a low-level venue, they have to choose between training dragons or going to that venue, but with this they could do both at the same time.

But I'm all for making Swipp easier, 250 leather is NOT a "handful", Tomo!
Support! Oh, just imagine the optional conditions for long-run coliseum challenges
Support! Oh, just imagine the optional conditions for long-run coliseum challenges
i'll rebuild this one day
I'm game for this. So many times I just get so bored of the fodder venues that I give up exalting for long periods of time. There are other venues with aesthetics I prefer and desirable loot drops and I'd definitely drag my fodder there to train if given the opportunity.
I'm game for this. So many times I just get so bored of the fodder venues that I give up exalting for long periods of time. There are other venues with aesthetics I prefer and desirable loot drops and I'd definitely drag my fodder there to train if given the opportunity.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
You know, I think it might be really cool to have the 'hard mode' up all of the venue's level cap. So, hard mode would increase the first row of venues (Training Fields to Sandswept Delta) to level 24 or so. Enough to make fodder grinding more interesting. And then the second row (Forgotten Cave to Waterway) to 25. Arena-Crystal Pools would be level 26, and Harpy's Roost-Kelp Beds would be level 27, and the Golem's Workshop would be level 28. (Though it would be aesthetically pleasing to have GW be at lvl 30)

I know that dragons have a level cap. That's what makes it interesting. You can't just spam eliminate anymore, you won't have the strength for it. Battles would be more difficult, and you'd probably have to customize a team for each venue, to strategize. You'd still be able to grind fodder in the lower venues, and the higher levels would be a challenge to beat. Hard mode would still be toggle-able, so you can just stick with mire-flyers and such for 'normal grinding'.

Of course, to make all of this worth it, there should be incentives. Maybe you start out with the "battle chain exp bonus" at full bar, or you get an extra 10% exp boost on top of everything else. This is really only helpful in the 'lower' venues, so there probably should be a drop-rate increase as well. If you're spending more time KO'd, your dragons are gonna need more food than usual to stay in fighting shape. You impress more monsters and beastclan (familiars) with your battle prowess and end up with more familiars. So on, and so forth.

Anyways, super-duper supportive of this. And, since they're doing a coli-rewrite anyways, it would make sense that something like this would be implemented. It would be easy to do, just [find/replace] the stats for each monster (and drop rates) when the 'hard mode' checkbox is enabled. No new art/opponents (though that would be nice, it isn't exactly necessary) so it's just a matter of setting it up and bug testing.
You know, I think it might be really cool to have the 'hard mode' up all of the venue's level cap. So, hard mode would increase the first row of venues (Training Fields to Sandswept Delta) to level 24 or so. Enough to make fodder grinding more interesting. And then the second row (Forgotten Cave to Waterway) to 25. Arena-Crystal Pools would be level 26, and Harpy's Roost-Kelp Beds would be level 27, and the Golem's Workshop would be level 28. (Though it would be aesthetically pleasing to have GW be at lvl 30)

I know that dragons have a level cap. That's what makes it interesting. You can't just spam eliminate anymore, you won't have the strength for it. Battles would be more difficult, and you'd probably have to customize a team for each venue, to strategize. You'd still be able to grind fodder in the lower venues, and the higher levels would be a challenge to beat. Hard mode would still be toggle-able, so you can just stick with mire-flyers and such for 'normal grinding'.

Of course, to make all of this worth it, there should be incentives. Maybe you start out with the "battle chain exp bonus" at full bar, or you get an extra 10% exp boost on top of everything else. This is really only helpful in the 'lower' venues, so there probably should be a drop-rate increase as well. If you're spending more time KO'd, your dragons are gonna need more food than usual to stay in fighting shape. You impress more monsters and beastclan (familiars) with your battle prowess and end up with more familiars. So on, and so forth.

Anyways, super-duper supportive of this. And, since they're doing a coli-rewrite anyways, it would make sense that something like this would be implemented. It would be easy to do, just [find/replace] the stats for each monster (and drop rates) when the 'hard mode' checkbox is enabled. No new art/opponents (though that would be nice, it isn't exactly necessary) so it's just a matter of setting it up and bug testing.
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
THIS WOULD BE SO GOOD FOR FESTIVALS
THIS WOULD BE SO GOOD FOR FESTIVALS
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
Support, this would be awesome!! I'd love to have that much variety and still be able to train fodder, atm I'm switching between harpy's roost (drops a lot of meat) and the mire (good balance between being manageable and giving a lot of xp) but with anything before the boreal wood I don't get any xp, so I tend not to bother, and I feel like it's the same with anyone else who has level 25s.

I really want some of the new redrock cove familiars and I want to grind in scorched forest for the cats and a steam gyre (I used my only one in a swipp trade today and as much as I want one back I'm not willing to pay 40kt on the AH) but seeing '0xp' every time is kinda offputting bc I could be earning more treasure (through exalting) by going back to the higher-level venues
Support, this would be awesome!! I'd love to have that much variety and still be able to train fodder, atm I'm switching between harpy's roost (drops a lot of meat) and the mire (good balance between being manageable and giving a lot of xp) but with anything before the boreal wood I don't get any xp, so I tend not to bother, and I feel like it's the same with anyone else who has level 25s.

I really want some of the new redrock cove familiars and I want to grind in scorched forest for the cats and a steam gyre (I used my only one in a swipp trade today and as much as I want one back I'm not willing to pay 40kt on the AH) but seeing '0xp' every time is kinda offputting bc I could be earning more treasure (through exalting) by going back to the higher-level venues
29437421.png29470259.png29478165.png29526427.png29593386.png29617379.png29617389.png
@Vortex I'd support this ONLY if there was no bonuses, as better drops or something in hard mode would essentially force everyone to play hardmode, which would slow down grinding for items.
@Vortex I'd support this ONLY if there was no bonuses, as better drops or something in hard mode would essentially force everyone to play hardmode, which would slow down grinding for items.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7