Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | closed discussion. Do not post.
1 2
This has been a discussed topic before, I believe. But I think the only reason it was denied was because of all the issues with the mother and father things.

But let's say it could only be used on dragons that haven't been bred, and to use it, it cannot be wearing any skins/accents at the time?

Edit: I do know the difference between gender and sex, it just slipped my mind at the time I proposed this. My apologies.

Another edit, the skin (if any on) would have to be taken off because you cannot have a male coatl wear a female coatl skin. It just doesn't work.
This has been a discussed topic before, I believe. But I think the only reason it was denied was because of all the issues with the mother and father things.

But let's say it could only be used on dragons that haven't been bred, and to use it, it cannot be wearing any skins/accents at the time?

Edit: I do know the difference between gender and sex, it just slipped my mind at the time I proposed this. My apologies.

Another edit, the skin (if any on) would have to be taken off because you cannot have a male coatl wear a female coatl skin. It just doesn't work.
Thomas
he/him
Yep, this topic's discussed maybe 10 times a week (for many different reasons). You can change your dragon's gender by stating what gender it is in its bio. If you want your dragon to be of the opposite sex for breeding purposes there are probably close matches on the auction house (and I would be glad to help find a replacement if this is the case)
Yep, this topic's discussed maybe 10 times a week (for many different reasons). You can change your dragon's gender by stating what gender it is in its bio. If you want your dragon to be of the opposite sex for breeding purposes there are probably close matches on the auction house (and I would be glad to help find a replacement if this is the case)
The mother and father issues where not the only reason it was denied.

It does not make sense for a breeding game to have one thing you cannot change. (Eye color) It also would take a lot of coding from what I've heard. (I don't code though, so I don't know for sure.) In fact, the mother and father issue was only a small part of reasons not to support it.
The mother and father issues where not the only reason it was denied.

It does not make sense for a breeding game to have one thing you cannot change. (Eye color) It also would take a lot of coding from what I've heard. (I don't code though, so I don't know for sure.) In fact, the mother and father issue was only a small part of reasons not to support it.
no no

there needs to be static elements for the game to remain challenging to players - eye colours and a dragon's sex are the only things we cannot change.

even to a point eye colour can be changed by renting a nest - which the admins do not support.

No amount of trying to find ways around it by making it a one use item, unable to wear skins/accents/clothing, anything will change that.

and if you want to change your dragon's gender then write about it in the bio box and instead support a pose change scroll so the artwork is of the opposite sex.

no no

there needs to be static elements for the game to remain challenging to players - eye colours and a dragon's sex are the only things we cannot change.

even to a point eye colour can be changed by renting a nest - which the admins do not support.

No amount of trying to find ways around it by making it a one use item, unable to wear skins/accents/clothing, anything will change that.

and if you want to change your dragon's gender then write about it in the bio box and instead support a pose change scroll so the artwork is of the opposite sex.

I'm going to assume you mean sex not gender since like chespin said gender isn't what determins the breeding issue.

This does indeed come up frequently and generally dies down for awhile before coming back. There's been a lot of restrictions discussed including the ones you mentioned but the problem isn't so much the dragon itself its the cascading effect it has on the dragon population and the system (at least to me).

The main issue (to me) with any kind of sex change or ability to have same sex dragons mate and have hatchlings to me is the fact that means pairs that are not currently pouring hatchlings into the dragon population now are. If you look at the AH the dragon sales forum, generally anywhere on site you will see a huge surplus of dragons and the main way of removing them (exalting them) is not done at a fast enough rate to properly combat this issue. The surplus only ebbs for a short while during dom battles when everyone and their granmami are buying up dragons to exalt but the moment that battle week is over the dragon population over flows all over again.

And that's just with the current system of male/female breeding only. The moment sex changes or same-sex breeding gets introduced pairs that aren't adding to this in the current system will be and will aggitate the surplus even worse. Unless something else is done to better encourage dragons being removed from the system to go along with them being added in this manner its just not going to end well for the dragon market.
I'm going to assume you mean sex not gender since like chespin said gender isn't what determins the breeding issue.

This does indeed come up frequently and generally dies down for awhile before coming back. There's been a lot of restrictions discussed including the ones you mentioned but the problem isn't so much the dragon itself its the cascading effect it has on the dragon population and the system (at least to me).

The main issue (to me) with any kind of sex change or ability to have same sex dragons mate and have hatchlings to me is the fact that means pairs that are not currently pouring hatchlings into the dragon population now are. If you look at the AH the dragon sales forum, generally anywhere on site you will see a huge surplus of dragons and the main way of removing them (exalting them) is not done at a fast enough rate to properly combat this issue. The surplus only ebbs for a short while during dom battles when everyone and their granmami are buying up dragons to exalt but the moment that battle week is over the dragon population over flows all over again.

And that's just with the current system of male/female breeding only. The moment sex changes or same-sex breeding gets introduced pairs that aren't adding to this in the current system will be and will aggitate the surplus even worse. Unless something else is done to better encourage dragons being removed from the system to go along with them being added in this manner its just not going to end well for the dragon market.
Seeking:
Shadow/Heather/Wisteria
Bonus if already an Aberration
PM if interested in selling
No no, no no.

I know a lot of people don't think "Challenge" is a good reason to deny something, but honestly I've quit games because they weren't challenging enough and way too easy.

A gender change scroll would make things WAY too easy. However, a Pose Change Scroll (In which say you have a male skydancer, but prefer the female's pose, you can have a MALE skydancer with a FEMALE pose, not changing the sex).

Just say in their bio that they are male/female/they/what have you for whatever you want!

Also, we don't need 409674064 more dragons in the system. The market is pretty heavily saturated already so.
No no, no no.

I know a lot of people don't think "Challenge" is a good reason to deny something, but honestly I've quit games because they weren't challenging enough and way too easy.

A gender change scroll would make things WAY too easy. However, a Pose Change Scroll (In which say you have a male skydancer, but prefer the female's pose, you can have a MALE skydancer with a FEMALE pose, not changing the sex).

Just say in their bio that they are male/female/they/what have you for whatever you want!

Also, we don't need 409674064 more dragons in the system. The market is pretty heavily saturated already so.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
Actually, the mother and father thing is a HUGE issue because that delves into the coding.

Plus, as others have said, this is a breeding game, not a pick a dragon off the AH and scroll it to your desire.

Right now, you can change Breed (which is the only way to get new breeds into the game as you can't hatch them without at least one parent being that new breed, at least one new breed was introduced with Eggs), Genes (only way to get new genes into the game, see about breeds), Colors (not reliably but you can). You can also make sure you have the correct eye color by renting a nest. The ONLY element you cannot control before or after hatching is the sex of the dragon.

Also, before the argument about 'don't like it, don't use it'. That only works with single player games. Games that are multiplayer don't have that 'get out' card. What one person does can affect others. In this case: one person spends months on a breeding pair, making sure there aren't any females that can be used to make their 'niche' dragon. With this scroll, that would mean a person could take two male dragons and scroll one female and start making that name 'niche' dragon without the work. Thus cutting into the first person's profit. Only if the dragons were unbreedable after the change would it not affect anyone else except in perhaps that person won't be buying dragons to breed that particular dragon. And if the dragons were unbreedable after the change, then to me, it would make more sense to have a pose change where the dragon is still breedable, but it is only breedable as the sex it was assigned at hatching.
Actually, the mother and father thing is a HUGE issue because that delves into the coding.

Plus, as others have said, this is a breeding game, not a pick a dragon off the AH and scroll it to your desire.

Right now, you can change Breed (which is the only way to get new breeds into the game as you can't hatch them without at least one parent being that new breed, at least one new breed was introduced with Eggs), Genes (only way to get new genes into the game, see about breeds), Colors (not reliably but you can). You can also make sure you have the correct eye color by renting a nest. The ONLY element you cannot control before or after hatching is the sex of the dragon.

Also, before the argument about 'don't like it, don't use it'. That only works with single player games. Games that are multiplayer don't have that 'get out' card. What one person does can affect others. In this case: one person spends months on a breeding pair, making sure there aren't any females that can be used to make their 'niche' dragon. With this scroll, that would mean a person could take two male dragons and scroll one female and start making that name 'niche' dragon without the work. Thus cutting into the first person's profit. Only if the dragons were unbreedable after the change would it not affect anyone else except in perhaps that person won't be buying dragons to breed that particular dragon. And if the dragons were unbreedable after the change, then to me, it would make more sense to have a pose change where the dragon is still breedable, but it is only breedable as the sex it was assigned at hatching.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@jemadar @thesilverfox @chespin

Very good point. On my end, case closed.

@raines

I did mean sex, sorry for the mix-up. It's an old habit that I need to fix.
@jemadar @thesilverfox @chespin

Very good point. On my end, case closed.

@raines

I did mean sex, sorry for the mix-up. It's an old habit that I need to fix.
Thomas
he/him
@Elubviq

This is what the Administration has said about this topic.
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

SOURCE
@Elubviq

This is what the Administration has said about this topic.
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

SOURCE
@Elubviq

I've been thinking the same thing! It would really help me find fandragons, because I could just change their gender!
@Elubviq

I've been thinking the same thing! It would really help me find fandragons, because I could just change their gender!
fLdYOuE.png JrZGMGx.png yvMj9jM.png
yCbB7XD.png cHa0MYt.png yZFrBUC.png
ct2DDh7.png zLwbKxI.png QetF0Qf.png
v2PJF9u.png
Chara was here =)
1 2