Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Eliminate a Five Star Item
1 2
[center][sub](sorry if this has been suggested before, I can delete the thread if so!)[/sub] [item=eliminate][/center] The battlestone Eliminate, used by the majority of coliseum builds, currently sports a rainbow star in terms of rarity-- similar to retired and gem items and gathering-only familiars and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=50501&p=mb]unlike all other battlestones[/url] currently available. I believe this bars it from being a Pinkerton drop and makes it a much rarer coliseum drop which has impacted its LAH price of 130k right now.[b] I propose adjusting its rarity to that of other high-level attacks (e.g. the elemental ones), which is five stars max.[/b]
(sorry if this has been suggested before, I can delete the thread if so!)

Eliminate

The battlestone Eliminate, used by the majority of coliseum builds, currently sports a rainbow star in terms of rarity-- similar to retired and gem items and gathering-only familiars and unlike all other battlestones currently available.

I believe this bars it from being a Pinkerton drop and makes it a much rarer coliseum drop which has impacted its LAH price of 130k right now. I propose adjusting its rarity to that of other high-level attacks (e.g. the elemental ones), which is five stars max.
Nah, I don't support this.

Eliminate is meant to be a rare and valuable drop. It has the same rarity as boss familiars and the Coliseum-only apparel, like Bloodscale Armour. I think it's okay as a rainbow star item.

That said, this suggestion is miles better than any that put forth the notion of it stocking in the MP, but I still don't think it necessary.

Eliminate is more versatile than the high-level Elemental drops because it can be equipped across elements instead of limited to one. As such, it should be rarer.
Nah, I don't support this.

Eliminate is meant to be a rare and valuable drop. It has the same rarity as boss familiars and the Coliseum-only apparel, like Bloodscale Armour. I think it's okay as a rainbow star item.

That said, this suggestion is miles better than any that put forth the notion of it stocking in the MP, but I still don't think it necessary.

Eliminate is more versatile than the high-level Elemental drops because it can be equipped across elements instead of limited to one. As such, it should be rarer.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="avey" date=2016-04-29 08:35:33] I believe this bars it from being a Pinkerton drop [/quote] I'm almost certain I've pulled it out of Pinkerton's at least once, if not more. I haven't gotten a literal oodle the way I have with most other battlestones, but I've managed to find quite a few. Honestly, I wonder if the rainbow star needs more nuance to it. Because it's rare, but not "retired festival item" rare, or even "Coli Boss Familiar" rare. Eliminate is pretty much The Great Ender Of Battles, and unlike Berserker or Ambush, it doesn't stack. It doesn't need to be all that common. No support.
avey wrote on 2016-04-29:
I believe this bars it from being a Pinkerton drop

I'm almost certain I've pulled it out of Pinkerton's at least once, if not more. I haven't gotten a literal oodle the way I have with most other battlestones, but I've managed to find quite a few.

Honestly, I wonder if the rainbow star needs more nuance to it. Because it's rare, but not "retired festival item" rare, or even "Coli Boss Familiar" rare.

Eliminate is pretty much The Great Ender Of Battles, and unlike Berserker or Ambush, it doesn't stack. It doesn't need to be all that common. No support.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I am afraid I have to agree with Trix and Greyjoy.

I have heard people say they get it from Pinks, though as far as I know I haven't gotten it from there (he loves to give me ambush though).

I think the rarity is meant more to show that it is supposed to be a very rare stone, and not just retired etc..

While I wouldn't mind them tweaking the drop rates very slightly, or even better adding it to the Mire or Crystal Pools (as I think those are the only two places it doesn't drop in the coli) I don't think that it should be common or even uncommon, I feel it should be rare, simply because of how powerful it is. Once you get eliminate, except for dodge, you can pretty much farm any venue you want fairly easily, train fodder quite easily (especially if you stat it correctly). So I feel that some effort and work should be put into getting it.

Again, as Greyjoy says, I feel this is a much better solution that most others.
I am afraid I have to agree with Trix and Greyjoy.

I have heard people say they get it from Pinks, though as far as I know I haven't gotten it from there (he loves to give me ambush though).

I think the rarity is meant more to show that it is supposed to be a very rare stone, and not just retired etc..

While I wouldn't mind them tweaking the drop rates very slightly, or even better adding it to the Mire or Crystal Pools (as I think those are the only two places it doesn't drop in the coli) I don't think that it should be common or even uncommon, I feel it should be rare, simply because of how powerful it is. Once you get eliminate, except for dodge, you can pretty much farm any venue you want fairly easily, train fodder quite easily (especially if you stat it correctly). So I feel that some effort and work should be put into getting it.

Again, as Greyjoy says, I feel this is a much better solution that most others.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I've never seen it drop from Pink and I'm very confident in saying that it isn't available. Ambush and other high level battlestones are rare drops as it is, and lowering Eliminates rarity would be good for game health considering it's pretty much necessary for anyone who wants to use the coli effectively, especially with all these new bosses in venues
I've never seen it drop from Pink and I'm very confident in saying that it isn't available. Ambush and other high level battlestones are rare drops as it is, and lowering Eliminates rarity would be good for game health considering it's pretty much necessary for anyone who wants to use the coli effectively, especially with all these new bosses in venues
sBdLZtA.png
It's a tool of convenience, not necessity. I leveled my dragons years ago without it. I've gotten it from Pinkerton before, too. And while it may not be a common drop by any means, I certainly see it as a Coli drop more often than certain rare apparel and eggs.

I think it's fine as is. Only needing one per dragon, for a three dragon team, means that it's not something people will need in large amounts.
It's a tool of convenience, not necessity. I leveled my dragons years ago without it. I've gotten it from Pinkerton before, too. And while it may not be a common drop by any means, I certainly see it as a Coli drop more often than certain rare apparel and eggs.

I think it's fine as is. Only needing one per dragon, for a three dragon team, means that it's not something people will need in large amounts.
ccDyspX.png
I am fairly certain I've picked Eliminate up from Pinkerton. When I first started my team, I didn't buy any of my stones, in fact- they were all drops or from him. Also, I don't think the AH should be an indicator of how rare something is, or how often it's actually dropping. It's demand and supply, and that skews things and leaves it in the players' hands.

In addition, I have like... stacks upon stacks of the other battlestones, because I never bother to sell the things. If it was as common, it would become almost worthless as a result. So, I will say no support.

(Star system does need to be looked at, though. Some items don't seem to drop as per their rank.)
I am fairly certain I've picked Eliminate up from Pinkerton. When I first started my team, I didn't buy any of my stones, in fact- they were all drops or from him. Also, I don't think the AH should be an indicator of how rare something is, or how often it's actually dropping. It's demand and supply, and that skews things and leaves it in the players' hands.

In addition, I have like... stacks upon stacks of the other battlestones, because I never bother to sell the things. If it was as common, it would become almost worthless as a result. So, I will say no support.

(Star system does need to be looked at, though. Some items don't seem to drop as per their rank.)
g4DcSLb.gif BBnXVzW.png2prab01.jpg
i'll be echoing the no support, eliminate is not the same as the elemental basic attacks. its sort of a supped up special move for melee typed dragons and it doesn't make sense for it to be at the same rarity as the elemental attacks. I totally understand that the prices are getting high but making them drop with the rarity of the elemental attacks would be way to big a rarity drop because anyone who's in there frequently can probably vouch for those dropping often enough as is.
i'll be echoing the no support, eliminate is not the same as the elemental basic attacks. its sort of a supped up special move for melee typed dragons and it doesn't make sense for it to be at the same rarity as the elemental attacks. I totally understand that the prices are getting high but making them drop with the rarity of the elemental attacks would be way to big a rarity drop because anyone who's in there frequently can probably vouch for those dropping often enough as is.
Seeking:
Shadow/Heather/Wisteria
Bonus if already an Aberration
PM if interested in selling
I don't think the stars really matter that much? I've never gotten it from Pink but I've seen people say they have. The stars are to show their rarity and eliminate is a very rare drop, so I think it's fine the way it is.

Eliminate is way way way more powerful than the elemental slashes. The elemental slashes and bolts aren't even that good of an attack, honestly. Saving up your breath for eliminate is much more effective. Since eliminate is the most powerful battlestone, it should stay rare. The elemental attacks are pretty common, really, so that should not be how rare eliminate is. I can't say I've ever gotten eliminate, but it should be a rare drop. I would support adding it to the venues without eliminate, though!
I don't think the stars really matter that much? I've never gotten it from Pink but I've seen people say they have. The stars are to show their rarity and eliminate is a very rare drop, so I think it's fine the way it is.

Eliminate is way way way more powerful than the elemental slashes. The elemental slashes and bolts aren't even that good of an attack, honestly. Saving up your breath for eliminate is much more effective. Since eliminate is the most powerful battlestone, it should stay rare. The elemental attacks are pretty common, really, so that should not be how rare eliminate is. I can't say I've ever gotten eliminate, but it should be a rare drop. I would support adding it to the venues without eliminate, though!
I'm not sure Pink hands it out, you know. I know a lot of people get it confused with Ambush. I've logged my pink drops for the past few years and that one has never come up, though Ambush and Scholar and Berserker are extremely common.

I think the idea behind Eliminate is that it's Coliseum only, but if anyone has a screenshot to prove it's available from Pinkerton I'll accept it.
I'm not sure Pink hands it out, you know. I know a lot of people get it confused with Ambush. I've logged my pink drops for the past few years and that one has never come up, though Ambush and Scholar and Berserker are extremely common.

I think the idea behind Eliminate is that it's Coliseum only, but if anyone has a screenshot to prove it's available from Pinkerton I'll accept it.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2