Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Forums]Private RP Subforum in Roleplays
(I really don't like making a thread in a place already filled with almost 400 other pages of threads, but I didn't see this in the suggestions compilation, so...)

This is a very small suggestion that should be fairly easy to add(in fact, I imagine it's already been suggested before many times). My idea is to organize the Roleplay forums just a bit by putting 1x1 or private roleplays in a subforum within the Roleplay forums, so that people looking for roleplays that they can join can find them easier, and also helping people searching for their private RP to post in them. Right now the Roleplay forums feel very cluttered, and whenever I'm looking for a new roleplay to join I find myself swimming in a sea of "Private", "1x1", "With <X Person/Group> Only", etc. roleplays, which in turn makes it very difficult for open roleplays to advertise themselves and for players to find said roleplays. Additionally, roleplays that are desperately searching for players may be inclined to bump up to the first page, which in turn buries other roleplays that then get bumped, which then triggers a huge "bump competition" for attention. The addition of this subforum-and any others that might benefit the community-I think would help immensely for anyone trying to navigate that particular section of the forums, especially since we can't use the forum search yet to find what we're looking for so we're forced to browse(and I for one am not interested in wading through 195+ pages of roleplays).
(I really don't like making a thread in a place already filled with almost 400 other pages of threads, but I didn't see this in the suggestions compilation, so...)

This is a very small suggestion that should be fairly easy to add(in fact, I imagine it's already been suggested before many times). My idea is to organize the Roleplay forums just a bit by putting 1x1 or private roleplays in a subforum within the Roleplay forums, so that people looking for roleplays that they can join can find them easier, and also helping people searching for their private RP to post in them. Right now the Roleplay forums feel very cluttered, and whenever I'm looking for a new roleplay to join I find myself swimming in a sea of "Private", "1x1", "With <X Person/Group> Only", etc. roleplays, which in turn makes it very difficult for open roleplays to advertise themselves and for players to find said roleplays. Additionally, roleplays that are desperately searching for players may be inclined to bump up to the first page, which in turn buries other roleplays that then get bumped, which then triggers a huge "bump competition" for attention. The addition of this subforum-and any others that might benefit the community-I think would help immensely for anyone trying to navigate that particular section of the forums, especially since we can't use the forum search yet to find what we're looking for so we're forced to browse(and I for one am not interested in wading through 195+ pages of roleplays).
Please ping me if you respond to one of my posts. I'm very forgetful so I may not see the response otherwise.
Art & Writing Shop (on hiatus) | Skin Shop (on hiatus)
A wild science-fiction book sample has appeared!