Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Tip Jar" for forum posts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
how do i tip this post?
how do i tip this post?
have a good day!
trying to get some new dragons. my lair has a lot of dragons im trying to get rid of, so please dont mind my lair slots when deciding to send the dragons ^^

WILDCLAW JOURNEY
Wishlist
Dragon Census
Oh wow this is actually a pretty cool suggestion. It's be neat if there were a dragony spin on it(in name I mean), but I like the idea of anonymously (or not) tipping players a small amount as a thank you without the need for potentially awkward or anxiety-inducing message.
Oh wow this is actually a pretty cool suggestion. It's be neat if there were a dragony spin on it(in name I mean), but I like the idea of anonymously (or not) tipping players a small amount as a thank you without the need for potentially awkward or anxiety-inducing message.
2-100.png cyclonebadge_by_roraima99-d9eag0l.pngcapture61_by_zaelum-d9oi1nl.pngPJUJhjg.pnglYEUG48.pngCLNrLrC.pngrm9yNEZ.png9MrYbid.pngHtV4l6v.pngui0xQPS.pngI33TcOG.pngNqnGiVx.pngvx0arYx.pngPovrYRj.pngOJR7cTF.pngHDnZafa.png
I'm not a big fan of this idea, but I wouldn't argue against it if two things were true:
- there is no way to for anytime except the poster to see how many tips/what amount has been received
- tips come out of the tipper's funds

Small gestures are nice, popularity contests are not. Ideally everything would also be anyone's, but that's a personal preference rather than something I feel would be actively damaging for the site.
I'm not a big fan of this idea, but I wouldn't argue against it if two things were true:
- there is no way to for anytime except the poster to see how many tips/what amount has been received
- tips come out of the tipper's funds

Small gestures are nice, popularity contests are not. Ideally everything would also be anyone's, but that's a personal preference rather than something I feel would be actively damaging for the site.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I like this idea, and agree it needs to come from user's pockets. I also think it should have the option of anonymity,
I like this idea, and agree it needs to come from user's pockets. I also think it should have the option of anonymity,
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
I think this is cute. My support would depend on it being anonymous, come from user funds, and I don't like the idea of it showing how much a post has been tipped. How many times is okay but the total feels wonky to me.
I think this is cute. My support would depend on it being anonymous, come from user funds, and I don't like the idea of it showing how much a post has been tipped. How many times is okay but the total feels wonky to me.
Stuff will one day go here.
I don't like the idea of it become a popularity contest, I think the quality of posts and the overall community feel would get worse when people as posting for something more than just fun.

I could only support this if there was no way to see how much or how many times a post had been tipped.

I don't like the idea of it become a popularity contest, I think the quality of posts and the overall community feel would get worse when people as posting for something more than just fun.

I could only support this if there was no way to see how much or how many times a post had been tipped.

xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
I am a bit confused over the whole premise - tips are typically associated with good service, so... making posts is a service that you can get paid for?.. I'm not a fan of turning forums into a new type of profit venue, especially one directly dependant on the post's/user's/forum's popularity.
I am a bit confused over the whole premise - tips are typically associated with good service, so... making posts is a service that you can get paid for?.. I'm not a fan of turning forums into a new type of profit venue, especially one directly dependant on the post's/user's/forum's popularity.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I like the idea of being able to support posts that feel relevant and creative and well thought out. It definitely seems like anonymity would need to be at least an option if not the default, but I do like the idea of seeing the number of times a post was tipped (perhaps not the actual amount). It would, among other things, be a good way of skimming through a many-page thread and seeing which posts were appreciated enough to stop and read fully.
I like the idea of being able to support posts that feel relevant and creative and well thought out. It definitely seems like anonymity would need to be at least an option if not the default, but I do like the idea of seeing the number of times a post was tipped (perhaps not the actual amount). It would, among other things, be a good way of skimming through a many-page thread and seeing which posts were appreciated enough to stop and read fully.
wq9PoXA.png
@RedWillia, just the first paragraph is what I'm pinging you for

I've tipped (read: sent gifts, some treasure) some people who have made good guides or who provide timely updates. They're absolutely providing a service. Outside of the guides, there is something to be said for the value of entertainment, too. For example, people pay for access to TV shows.

That said, I don't think forum tipping is a good idea. It always causes friction with people not knowing and begging, people thinking they can just barely not break the rules (even when they're flagrantly breaking them) and begging, or posting more in general in the scattershot attempt of getting a viral post that is tipped.

I've seen it on another website that has a tip-a-post function, and they temporarily ban people all the time for tip begging which is explicitly forbidden in the rules (that people don't read, you could get an achievement for reading them properly in the past, which many people didn't have).
@RedWillia, just the first paragraph is what I'm pinging you for

I've tipped (read: sent gifts, some treasure) some people who have made good guides or who provide timely updates. They're absolutely providing a service. Outside of the guides, there is something to be said for the value of entertainment, too. For example, people pay for access to TV shows.

That said, I don't think forum tipping is a good idea. It always causes friction with people not knowing and begging, people thinking they can just barely not break the rules (even when they're flagrantly breaking them) and begging, or posting more in general in the scattershot attempt of getting a viral post that is tipped.

I've seen it on another website that has a tip-a-post function, and they temporarily ban people all the time for tip begging which is explicitly forbidden in the rules (that people don't read, you could get an achievement for reading them properly in the past, which many people didn't have).
Dagomor post is pretty much why I don't support something like this.

Yes, it would be cute, but I could easily see it being abused.

1. People posting spam just to get tips. While spam is against the rules, this leads to more work for moderators and trying to determine what is spam (ie is this vaguely dragon related meme post spam or not)

2. People begging, hoping to get tips on their posts.

3. People duplicating existing guides hoping to get tips on their own guides, while not having anything new really, just a different format.

4. In the suggestions forum particularly, if the number of tips and/or total amount can be known (whether just to the poster or everyone), it being used just like a forum like function. Players saying 'this is a good suggestion because I got X tips and you didn't' and so on.

I can see where you might want to tip a post, and doing so anonymously would be great, but I don't think that the pros outweigh the cons I listed.
Dagomor post is pretty much why I don't support something like this.

Yes, it would be cute, but I could easily see it being abused.

1. People posting spam just to get tips. While spam is against the rules, this leads to more work for moderators and trying to determine what is spam (ie is this vaguely dragon related meme post spam or not)

2. People begging, hoping to get tips on their posts.

3. People duplicating existing guides hoping to get tips on their own guides, while not having anything new really, just a different format.

4. In the suggestions forum particularly, if the number of tips and/or total amount can be known (whether just to the poster or everyone), it being used just like a forum like function. Players saying 'this is a good suggestion because I got X tips and you didn't' and so on.

I can see where you might want to tip a post, and doing so anonymously would be great, but I don't think that the pros outweigh the cons I listed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7