Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change How Crim Works
1 2
Users often have a problem with Crim, and accidentally giving her an item they shouldn't. So I was thinking of ways to prevent it.

Most of the time it's a trigger finger that causes it, a reaction to automatically click give, recognizing you have the item before you recognize you shouldn't give it away. Take that element out, and you drastically reduce accidental cases.

So what if when you visit Crim's cart, each hour a list of items is generated (five, obviously) and this list is displayed once you visit the page? Then next to the item, you have the "Give" button, where you can take your time and decide if you want to give her the item.
Users often have a problem with Crim, and accidentally giving her an item they shouldn't. So I was thinking of ways to prevent it.

Most of the time it's a trigger finger that causes it, a reaction to automatically click give, recognizing you have the item before you recognize you shouldn't give it away. Take that element out, and you drastically reduce accidental cases.

So what if when you visit Crim's cart, each hour a list of items is generated (five, obviously) and this list is displayed once you visit the page? Then next to the item, you have the "Give" button, where you can take your time and decide if you want to give her the item.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
not gonna lie, i love this idea. support!
not gonna lie, i love this idea. support!
support. She seems like the type to hand out grocery lists of items, and it'd feel more like a quest if we didn't have to skip items to get to the ones we're willing to give up.
support. She seems like the type to hand out grocery lists of items, and it'd feel more like a quest if we didn't have to skip items to get to the ones we're willing to give up.
sBdLZtA.png
Support.

No more CRIMinally stealing my stuff.
Support.

No more CRIMinally stealing my stuff.
Support.
Support.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Support! c:
Support! c:
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
But then why not just take the time to look at each thing as it comes up the way it is currently? The problem isn't Crim taking things, its people not looking carefully before hitting the button, and you would just have the same problem this way as well. People would see the highlighted buttons and just "click click cli--CRAP" all over again. I don't think changing a game mechanic for something that is essentially the player's fault is a good way to go.

Just take your time, don't be in such a rush, and look at the item first.

However, i do support that Crim needs to STOP asking for things you can't get from Pinkerton. The whole point is that he takes her items and gives them away, yet she can ask for eggs and genes, but you never get those from Pinkerton. So she shouldn't be allowed to ask for those in the first place.
But then why not just take the time to look at each thing as it comes up the way it is currently? The problem isn't Crim taking things, its people not looking carefully before hitting the button, and you would just have the same problem this way as well. People would see the highlighted buttons and just "click click cli--CRAP" all over again. I don't think changing a game mechanic for something that is essentially the player's fault is a good way to go.

Just take your time, don't be in such a rush, and look at the item first.

However, i do support that Crim needs to STOP asking for things you can't get from Pinkerton. The whole point is that he takes her items and gives them away, yet she can ask for eggs and genes, but you never get those from Pinkerton. So she shouldn't be allowed to ask for those in the first place.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
@EnchantingCurse You can't really control knee-jerk reactions. Which is what that is, you see that you have the item before you see that it's something you shouldn't be giving her. It's not the players fault, it's a reaction.
@EnchantingCurse You can't really control knee-jerk reactions. Which is what that is, you see that you have the item before you see that it's something you shouldn't be giving her. It's not the players fault, it's a reaction.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
Support.
Support.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
Its still the players fault. The game isn't responsible for your reaction. And if you've made that kind of mistake in the past, its a good sign to tell you to just slow down and take your time.

Just because you didn't mean to do it doesn't mean that it wasn't your own fault. It's like if you're walking and you accidentally bump into someone. Just because you didn't see them coming, or you turned a corner and they were right there, doesn't absolve you from responsibility. Its still your fault, rather it was intentional or not.
Its still the players fault. The game isn't responsible for your reaction. And if you've made that kind of mistake in the past, its a good sign to tell you to just slow down and take your time.

Just because you didn't mean to do it doesn't mean that it wasn't your own fault. It's like if you're walking and you accidentally bump into someone. Just because you didn't see them coming, or you turned a corner and they were right there, doesn't absolve you from responsibility. Its still your fault, rather it was intentional or not.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
1 2