Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Specific Flight Change Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Lost this place and kind of forgot cause I checked the notification on mobile XD;

If not accents, how's about some fancy item, like with the cowls? It wouldn't change much, and they can be layered~
Lost this place and kind of forgot cause I checked the notification on mobile XD;

If not accents, how's about some fancy item, like with the cowls? It wouldn't change much, and they can be layered~
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
Support for this - suggest a scroll of change element. It would have to destroy all the dragon's equipped element-specific coliseum items.
Support for this - suggest a scroll of change element. It would have to destroy all the dragon's equipped element-specific coliseum items.
Loads of support. I was actually poking around to see if anyone had advocated for an Elemental Scatterscroll.

I really don't get the arguments in this thread. You could say the exact same thing about scatter-scrolls—you don't get to choose your skin color, and it's an important breeding element in the game to try to breed nice colors, so how come you're just able to change out your eye-burners? How about the heritage that comes from mixing the genes of your parents? Likewise and even more so breed-change scrolls. Why should new breeds come in on scrolls? Why not make [breed] eggs like Nocturnes—Snapper eggs with pebbly shells, Ridgeback ones with spiny barbs—and have done with throwing out the dragon's mirror/fae/guardian/tundra heritage? Speaking of which, why hasn't anyone on this thread advocated throwing out mirror/fae/guardian/tundra breed-change scrolls? You can get those dragons out of eggs, y'know; you don't need scrolls.

If I were designing it, I'd personally go with a randomized, gem-priced item. If you want an Earth dragon, it might take you 20 tries to get it, just like trying to wring nice colors out of a scatterscroll. Alternatively, I suppose, you could make it an exceedingly rare elemental chest drop—the Elemental Festival equivalent of a Nocturne breed-change scroll.

In response to "no contacts" above—yes, they've said that. However, cowls and Boneyard Tatters change eye-color, and goggles hide them; I believe it's primarily a skin rule. I've not read anything about no elemental changes, so I'd appreciate a source on that.
Loads of support. I was actually poking around to see if anyone had advocated for an Elemental Scatterscroll.

I really don't get the arguments in this thread. You could say the exact same thing about scatter-scrolls—you don't get to choose your skin color, and it's an important breeding element in the game to try to breed nice colors, so how come you're just able to change out your eye-burners? How about the heritage that comes from mixing the genes of your parents? Likewise and even more so breed-change scrolls. Why should new breeds come in on scrolls? Why not make [breed] eggs like Nocturnes—Snapper eggs with pebbly shells, Ridgeback ones with spiny barbs—and have done with throwing out the dragon's mirror/fae/guardian/tundra heritage? Speaking of which, why hasn't anyone on this thread advocated throwing out mirror/fae/guardian/tundra breed-change scrolls? You can get those dragons out of eggs, y'know; you don't need scrolls.

If I were designing it, I'd personally go with a randomized, gem-priced item. If you want an Earth dragon, it might take you 20 tries to get it, just like trying to wring nice colors out of a scatterscroll. Alternatively, I suppose, you could make it an exceedingly rare elemental chest drop—the Elemental Festival equivalent of a Nocturne breed-change scroll.

In response to "no contacts" above—yes, they've said that. However, cowls and Boneyard Tatters change eye-color, and goggles hide them; I believe it's primarily a skin rule. I've not read anything about no elemental changes, so I'd appreciate a source on that.
Still undercaffeinated.
Support!

I agree with @Quasirodent and @Allosaurcoffee--might even go so far as to make it revert the dragon to breed-basic coli stones, which would likely make it easier to implement. I'd support either of Allo's versions, as a randomized item like a scatterscroll, or as a very high rarity festival drop, similar to a Breed Change: Nocturne in attainment and frequency.

The heritage arguments make no sense whatsoever in light of what already exists--if I take them at face value I see an argument to abolish Plentiful breed change scrolls and remove gene scrolls.

I think the point that a lot of the no support crowd is missing is that many of us are attached to individual dragons, the same exact reason that you can sell rare breed-change scrolls for HUGELY more than any of the dragons they would produce: many people want the dragons they already have, that have history and plot and lore attached to them, not a new one that looks like them but is from another flight.
Support!

I agree with @Quasirodent and @Allosaurcoffee--might even go so far as to make it revert the dragon to breed-basic coli stones, which would likely make it easier to implement. I'd support either of Allo's versions, as a randomized item like a scatterscroll, or as a very high rarity festival drop, similar to a Breed Change: Nocturne in attainment and frequency.

The heritage arguments make no sense whatsoever in light of what already exists--if I take them at face value I see an argument to abolish Plentiful breed change scrolls and remove gene scrolls.

I think the point that a lot of the no support crowd is missing is that many of us are attached to individual dragons, the same exact reason that you can sell rare breed-change scrolls for HUGELY more than any of the dragons they would produce: many people want the dragons they already have, that have history and plot and lore attached to them, not a new one that looks like them but is from another flight.
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
Support.

Also, I want to unpack the argument that eye/element changes would take the challenge out of the game, and why (as stated here) it's not likely to change anyone's mind.

We all want a challenge from FR. Very few of us would still be here if you really could just design your dream dragon, click 'Submit,' and have it. But also, very few of us would be here if we couldn't have at least some control over what came out of our eggs. And FR has a long tradition of giving these to us: breed change scrolls, gene scrolls, color scatterscrolls and so on. Challenge isn't some binary property of a game; it falls on a spectrum, and it's a matter of taste. I guarantee you that somewhere on this site, there's a person who's still upset that they keep releasing breed change scrolls at all.

Personally, I like the level of challenge in FR. But I'd rather have the immutable thing be something bigger than eye color, like the breed of the dragon. I'd rather have it be something that doesn't make breeding coli dragons such a hassle. I just want my challenge somewhere else.

If you want to say it won't be enough of a challenge, that's clearly more than reasonable in a suggestions thread. But FR does plenty of things that make breeding less of a challenge, and the sky hasn't fallen yet.
Support.

Also, I want to unpack the argument that eye/element changes would take the challenge out of the game, and why (as stated here) it's not likely to change anyone's mind.

We all want a challenge from FR. Very few of us would still be here if you really could just design your dream dragon, click 'Submit,' and have it. But also, very few of us would be here if we couldn't have at least some control over what came out of our eggs. And FR has a long tradition of giving these to us: breed change scrolls, gene scrolls, color scatterscrolls and so on. Challenge isn't some binary property of a game; it falls on a spectrum, and it's a matter of taste. I guarantee you that somewhere on this site, there's a person who's still upset that they keep releasing breed change scrolls at all.

Personally, I like the level of challenge in FR. But I'd rather have the immutable thing be something bigger than eye color, like the breed of the dragon. I'd rather have it be something that doesn't make breeding coli dragons such a hassle. I just want my challenge somewhere else.

If you want to say it won't be enough of a challenge, that's clearly more than reasonable in a suggestions thread. But FR does plenty of things that make breeding less of a challenge, and the sky hasn't fallen yet.
Honestly, I support this. It could either be a very expensive treasure scroll (new treasure sink?), a gem scroll like the maturity/youth scrolls, OR even a flight-specific festival item that could be, say, 100+ currency to keep people from buying a ton. The heritage argument is silly.
This is a game where you can change a dragon's breed, its genes, give it fancy accents and skins, change its skin color entirely, make it a hatchling forever even if it's had dozens of children already, etc. Heck, the dragon in my profile picture is older than the breed it was changed to. Why not be able to change its flight association? I, as well as many others, had NO idea that joining Plague would make my dergs' eyes red. They don't exactly fit my seafoam/purple/maize progen very well.
HOWEVER. I DO agree with the "changing flights destroys coli stones" thing, so you couldn't have, say, an arcane dragon with a lightning bolt.
Honestly, I support this. It could either be a very expensive treasure scroll (new treasure sink?), a gem scroll like the maturity/youth scrolls, OR even a flight-specific festival item that could be, say, 100+ currency to keep people from buying a ton. The heritage argument is silly.
This is a game where you can change a dragon's breed, its genes, give it fancy accents and skins, change its skin color entirely, make it a hatchling forever even if it's had dozens of children already, etc. Heck, the dragon in my profile picture is older than the breed it was changed to. Why not be able to change its flight association? I, as well as many others, had NO idea that joining Plague would make my dergs' eyes red. They don't exactly fit my seafoam/purple/maize progen very well.
HOWEVER. I DO agree with the "changing flights destroys coli stones" thing, so you couldn't have, say, an arcane dragon with a lightning bolt.
V8I0CBG.gif
No support, for a few reasons.

The admins have stated in the past that they don't plan to allow changes to a dragon's flight or eye colour; the only items that do are the hood/cowls and the boneyard tatters, neither of which change the colour to that of a specific element.

Unlike breeds and genes, all of the elemental flight eye colours already exist in-game right off the bat. Getting the eye colour you want is a simple matter of breeding a narrow range in the right nest. It's a bit of a pain, I know (trust me, I know T v T) but this is a breeding game at the end of the day.

From a lore standpoint, it wouldn't make all that much sense, in my opinion. All dragons' elements and eye colours are based on the strong elemental magic surrounding the nest they were hatched in- that doesn't seem like something that can be changed so easily.

And changing a dragon's flight entirely, instead of just a cosmetic change to the eyes, would be a pain and a half for the coli. People have brought up some ideas to work around it but the coli already needs a lot of work and I just don't think adding flight changes and destroying battlestones and whatnot is worth it?
No support, for a few reasons.

The admins have stated in the past that they don't plan to allow changes to a dragon's flight or eye colour; the only items that do are the hood/cowls and the boneyard tatters, neither of which change the colour to that of a specific element.

Unlike breeds and genes, all of the elemental flight eye colours already exist in-game right off the bat. Getting the eye colour you want is a simple matter of breeding a narrow range in the right nest. It's a bit of a pain, I know (trust me, I know T v T) but this is a breeding game at the end of the day.

From a lore standpoint, it wouldn't make all that much sense, in my opinion. All dragons' elements and eye colours are based on the strong elemental magic surrounding the nest they were hatched in- that doesn't seem like something that can be changed so easily.

And changing a dragon's flight entirely, instead of just a cosmetic change to the eyes, would be a pain and a half for the coli. People have brought up some ideas to work around it but the coli already needs a lot of work and I just don't think adding flight changes and destroying battlestones and whatnot is worth it?
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="Guivre" date="2014-08-31 18:58:17"]Wow people talking about heritage in a game where you can change your dragon's race with a scroll. Anyway, I support. I see no reason not to have the option. And the addition of more treasure sinks are always welcomed.[/quote] Seriously, I have some earth-eyed first gens that are perfect otherwise. I can't BREED another first gen, and I couldn't chose their element because they were nocturne eggs, element was random. I really don't see how it hurts anyone to have an option, especially when it's something as simple as eye color. It won't affect breeding or anything. Support. (in addition - you sell and buy dragons for money, you change their breeds, you exalt them to serve different gods, you sell their children. on this background, I think changing eye color would be pretty innocent :D BESIDES, why can't dragon pledge an allegiance to a new god, why would that be so against lore...) If not that, at least contacts, yes. Anything to change eyes aside from just whiting them out with cowls, basically. (I want my progens to be shadow, and I can't breed new pair of progens either. when I just joined, I didn't even know that flight element affects eye color, so there's that.)
Guivre wrote on 2014-08-31 18:58:17:
Wow people talking about heritage in a game where you can change your dragon's race with a scroll.

Anyway, I support. I see no reason not to have the option. And the addition of more treasure sinks are always welcomed.

Seriously, I have some earth-eyed first gens that are perfect otherwise. I can't BREED another first gen, and I couldn't chose their element because they were nocturne eggs, element was random.

I really don't see how it hurts anyone to have an option, especially when it's something as simple as eye color. It won't affect breeding or anything.

Support.

(in addition - you sell and buy dragons for money, you change their breeds, you exalt them to serve different gods, you sell their children. on this background, I think changing eye color would be pretty innocent :D BESIDES, why can't dragon pledge an allegiance to a new god, why would that be so against lore...)

If not that, at least contacts, yes. Anything to change eyes aside from just whiting them out with cowls, basically. (I want my progens to be shadow, and I can't breed new pair of progens either. when I just joined, I didn't even know that flight element affects eye color, so there's that.)
No support at all. As much as I'd like to change some of mine, FR is about breeding the perfect dragon, not so much making it.
No support at all. As much as I'd like to change some of mine, FR is about breeding the perfect dragon, not so much making it.
Support. I also like the idea of making it a holiday item bought for holiday currency) And of course, all elemental stones should be destroyed before/when it's applied.

As for the lore point and "this is a breeding game, so breed it!" - well, that's true, but we have color change scrolls, hey) They shouldn't have had to be introduced (like new genes and breeds, hence scrolls) and they also destroy the lore - at least the reminder of the parents - and discourage breeding) But they exist and I do not see threads "make the scatterscrolls go away!" around...

Moreover, the change of the eye color can be easily explained: if it is influenced by magic surrounding the dragon, then it should change when the dragon moves to another lair, no?) Come on, we can breed a guardian with a fae or put a fire-loving coatl to live in an ice lair to freeze the feathers off the poor guy... but change the flight? IMPOSSIBLE!
Duh. XD

And honestly, I do not really understand why so many people are against that... It's not like they will be forced to use them, you know O_o
Support. I also like the idea of making it a holiday item bought for holiday currency) And of course, all elemental stones should be destroyed before/when it's applied.

As for the lore point and "this is a breeding game, so breed it!" - well, that's true, but we have color change scrolls, hey) They shouldn't have had to be introduced (like new genes and breeds, hence scrolls) and they also destroy the lore - at least the reminder of the parents - and discourage breeding) But they exist and I do not see threads "make the scatterscrolls go away!" around...

Moreover, the change of the eye color can be easily explained: if it is influenced by magic surrounding the dragon, then it should change when the dragon moves to another lair, no?) Come on, we can breed a guardian with a fae or put a fire-loving coatl to live in an ice lair to freeze the feathers off the poor guy... but change the flight? IMPOSSIBLE!
Duh. XD

And honestly, I do not really understand why so many people are against that... It's not like they will be forced to use them, you know O_o
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9