Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New breed] Bladefin, shark-inspired
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
Hello, everyone! I've always loved the sleek, sharp appearance of sharks. I figured a shark-esque water themed dragon species would be really neat, so I decided to try my hand at a new species suggestion dubbed "Bladefin" (though alternative name suggestions are totally welcome). Here are a couple of rough concepts I've doodled in my spare time... [img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/friedmilk/bladefin_male_zps72a91612.jpg[/img] [img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/friedmilk/bladefin_female_zps8b1ae56d.jpg[/img] The males have larger, stockier features while the females exhibit a longer tail and smaller build. Unfortunately I don't have any lore or background description for these dragons since I really stink at creative writing, but anyone is free to submit their own input and ideas. If you wish, please let me know what you think. ^^ *EDIT* - Thank you all so much for your support so far! I plan to work on shading/coloring these in for a better idea of what they could look like. ----------------------- [quote name="scion" date="2014-05-16 17:02:50"]the structure is too similar to the skydancers, in my opinon[/quote] @scion Sorry, I'm not seeing it, but I may have missed something. Could you please elaborate on how they're too similar to Skydancers? If the poses are the issue, those can always be changed, but even so I don't see any striking similarities. If you have any suggestions on how they could be changed and improved, let me know. :D
Hello, everyone!
I've always loved the sleek, sharp appearance of sharks. I figured a shark-esque water themed dragon species would be really neat, so I decided to try my hand at a new species suggestion dubbed "Bladefin" (though alternative name suggestions are totally welcome). Here are a couple of rough concepts I've doodled in my spare time...

bladefin_male_zps72a91612.jpg
bladefin_female_zps8b1ae56d.jpg

The males have larger, stockier features while the females exhibit a longer tail and smaller build. Unfortunately I don't have any lore or background description for these dragons since I really stink at creative writing, but anyone is free to submit their own input and ideas.

If you wish, please let me know what you think. ^^

*EDIT* - Thank you all so much for your support so far! I plan to work on shading/coloring these in for a better idea of what they could look like.

scion wrote on 2014-05-16 17:02:50:
the structure is too similar to the skydancers, in my opinon
@scion
Sorry, I'm not seeing it, but I may have missed something. Could you please elaborate on how they're too similar to Skydancers? If the poses are the issue, those can always be changed, but even so I don't see any striking similarities. If you have any suggestions on how they could be changed and improved, let me know. :D
fr_banner1_zps7dcff306.jpg
OH GOD PLEASE.

Shark dragons yyeeesssss. ;;;;;;
OH GOD PLEASE.

Shark dragons yyeeesssss. ;;;;;;
Shark dragons??? Yes please!
Shark dragons??? Yes please!
rpg6AdW.png
Much support! These dragon designs are lovely.
Much support! These dragon designs are lovely.
___________ Incorporeal Substance ___
sev | he/they
gamedev | writer | artist
tarot adopts | pixel adopts
____9hqcHsy.png
x8YqlBy.gif
11efmKl.png
J7D1quC.png
YES PLEASE OH MY YES

Support!!
YES PLEASE OH MY YES

Support!!
XbPpy52.png =====
Support. Aquatic dragons are much needed.
Support. Aquatic dragons are much needed.
support! i love this idea, we absolutely need aquatic dragons of some sort.
support! i love this idea, we absolutely need aquatic dragons of some sort.
viole - any pronouns but she/her - EST +3hr fr time
I think it's a wonderful idea for a new breed, I would be so pumped for shark dragons! o:
I think it's a wonderful idea for a new breed, I would be so pumped for shark dragons! o:
NHnRMJ2.pngp7bC92h.pngZMMXkdg.pngGbuT06g.pnggARc3IL.pngZMMXkdg.pngGbuT06g.pnggARc3IL.png2VdPjdX.pngu0zgn1V.pngn0nopNr.pngu0zgn1V.pngybizMWD.pngqKZAaLK.pngCTuU1r6.png
lJX7Tr5.png
VDqpTLf.png
Z33buiu.png
tDLyYLQ.png
gn3taZc.png
W1CZ2Nr.png
eMPFsUR.png
Oh. Oh. Oh oh oh. So need. So want. Support. Much support.
Oh. Oh. Oh oh oh. So need. So want. Support. Much support.
80317408_UZf74sDKxq5dAIU.png ___
hey i'm lee
he/him | 24 | fr+0

art | skins | about

tblr
| twt | yt
*THROWS ALL THE SUPPORT I HAVE* Yesssssssssss all of the YES!
*THROWS ALL THE SUPPORT I HAVE* Yesssssssssss all of the YES!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42