Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blocked Users Actually Blocked Site-Wide
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
I support a two tiered block system when it comes to the AH. Some people don't mind buying things from players they've blocked, especially if they've just blocked the person because they are tired of seeing certain behaviours (begging, arguments, etc) but others don't want anything to do with a blocked person.

However this should not extend to the forums (IE a blocked player should not be prevented from seeing or posting in a thread created by the person who blocked them) The only place I could possibly see preventing a blocked user from posting would be the sales forums.

Preventing blocked players from seeing or posting in threads created by the blockee in the forums such as the Suggestions, Discussion Board, Flight Board, Bugs, etc could lead to the blocked player missing out in important information or sharing their opinions/concerns on things that could impact their play. IE Just because Player X blocked Player Y, Player Y shouldn't be prevented in participating in community activities such as data collection, user guides, or share threads just because Player X started them. Player X may have started the thread, but the moment it was posted it became part of the public forums - open to everyone. Whatever Player Y posted in the thread might be useful to other players who visit the thread Player X started and those other players should miss out on whatever Player Y might have shared just because Player X blocked Player Y. The same is true in the reverse; Player X may have blocked Player Y, but it doesn't mean that Player X should not be able to see threads that Player Y started. Generally you can get a good idea of what the thread is about without having to see the starting post; and some of the contributing replies might be useful to Player X
I support a two tiered block system when it comes to the AH. Some people don't mind buying things from players they've blocked, especially if they've just blocked the person because they are tired of seeing certain behaviours (begging, arguments, etc) but others don't want anything to do with a blocked person.

However this should not extend to the forums (IE a blocked player should not be prevented from seeing or posting in a thread created by the person who blocked them) The only place I could possibly see preventing a blocked user from posting would be the sales forums.

Preventing blocked players from seeing or posting in threads created by the blockee in the forums such as the Suggestions, Discussion Board, Flight Board, Bugs, etc could lead to the blocked player missing out in important information or sharing their opinions/concerns on things that could impact their play. IE Just because Player X blocked Player Y, Player Y shouldn't be prevented in participating in community activities such as data collection, user guides, or share threads just because Player X started them. Player X may have started the thread, but the moment it was posted it became part of the public forums - open to everyone. Whatever Player Y posted in the thread might be useful to other players who visit the thread Player X started and those other players should miss out on whatever Player Y might have shared just because Player X blocked Player Y. The same is true in the reverse; Player X may have blocked Player Y, but it doesn't mean that Player X should not be able to see threads that Player Y started. Generally you can get a good idea of what the thread is about without having to see the starting post; and some of the contributing replies might be useful to Player X
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support with a two tier.

Telling people to just not buy from someone really sounds like telling them to just ignore them. That's the way I see it anyhow. When the whole point of blocking is so you don't have to put up with them.

What if someone was sending you countless messages and instead of getting a block feature you're told to just delete and move on? Getting countless messages negatively impacts site use and enjoyment.

Seeing certain usernames negatively impacts site use and enjoyment (for some people) which is why I think a two tier would work. Either fade it, or blank it completely for the people who really don't want to have anything to do with that user. (especially if you belong to an ethic group/gender/sexual minority that someone has said they want to kill, which they say offsite so we still have to put up with them here)
Support with a two tier.

Telling people to just not buy from someone really sounds like telling them to just ignore them. That's the way I see it anyhow. When the whole point of blocking is so you don't have to put up with them.

What if someone was sending you countless messages and instead of getting a block feature you're told to just delete and move on? Getting countless messages negatively impacts site use and enjoyment.

Seeing certain usernames negatively impacts site use and enjoyment (for some people) which is why I think a two tier would work. Either fade it, or blank it completely for the people who really don't want to have anything to do with that user. (especially if you belong to an ethic group/gender/sexual minority that someone has said they want to kill, which they say offsite so we still have to put up with them here)
Please @ping me if you would like a response. I don't check the forums often

EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
support only if its done one of 2 ways

just marking the username like others have said

or 2 levels of blocking
-tier one - i dont want messages (aka please dont talk to me)
-tier 2 - this person does not exist to me they can not buy form me and cannot sell to me

note -the block feature already hides forum posts form blocked users btw.

personaly i only block people who have i have had bad sales contracts with (tried to get out of paying/ never paying/ backing out of deals-not too bad but it can make you didslike them when they do it multiple times cause you are a nice person and forgive one or two mistakes), and yes i do have 2 people on my FR BLOCK LIST that are there for that reason.
so on a personal level no i never want these people to associate with me financially ever again so the teir 2 block list would be really welcome for that.
support only if its done one of 2 ways

just marking the username like others have said

or 2 levels of blocking
-tier one - i dont want messages (aka please dont talk to me)
-tier 2 - this person does not exist to me they can not buy form me and cannot sell to me

note -the block feature already hides forum posts form blocked users btw.

personaly i only block people who have i have had bad sales contracts with (tried to get out of paying/ never paying/ backing out of deals-not too bad but it can make you didslike them when they do it multiple times cause you are a nice person and forgive one or two mistakes), and yes i do have 2 people on my FR BLOCK LIST that are there for that reason.
so on a personal level no i never want these people to associate with me financially ever again so the teir 2 block list would be really welcome for that.
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
I still think a lot of people are way overreacting to blocked users on a /game/.

Block feature is there to keep people from bothering you, which it does. Who cares if they buy from you or you buy from them? The whole 'I don't want to support them' thing just seems silly.

Honestly? When I block someone I forget about it two seconds later. If it turns out I later bought from or sold to them, I don't care. I shrug my shoulders and move on because it's a /game/ and they don't matter enough.

The only way I see this being something I would ever even slightly support would be if the user was a scammer or untrustworthy.
I still think a lot of people are way overreacting to blocked users on a /game/.

Block feature is there to keep people from bothering you, which it does. Who cares if they buy from you or you buy from them? The whole 'I don't want to support them' thing just seems silly.

Honestly? When I block someone I forget about it two seconds later. If it turns out I later bought from or sold to them, I don't care. I shrug my shoulders and move on because it's a /game/ and they don't matter enough.

The only way I see this being something I would ever even slightly support would be if the user was a scammer or untrustworthy.
knhLXgs.png
One, I LOVE the block feature. It's awesome because then I can't see certain people ANYWHERE on the site.
And it SHOULD be site-wide because of the fact that I shouldn't have to check EVERY SINGLE BUYER when I'm looking for dragons on the AH.
Sorry, but if I don't want to communicate with you in any way, that means that I don't want to give you MY treasure for a dragon that you have.
You don't deserve it from me if you've done something so bad that I've blocked you.
And also, there are a ton of things I could say about a /certain/ someone right now, but I'm not going to. Cause, well, they're on their way to being on said block list.
One, I LOVE the block feature. It's awesome because then I can't see certain people ANYWHERE on the site.
And it SHOULD be site-wide because of the fact that I shouldn't have to check EVERY SINGLE BUYER when I'm looking for dragons on the AH.
Sorry, but if I don't want to communicate with you in any way, that means that I don't want to give you MY treasure for a dragon that you have.
You don't deserve it from me if you've done something so bad that I've blocked you.
And also, there are a ton of things I could say about a /certain/ someone right now, but I'm not going to. Cause, well, they're on their way to being on said block list.
tumblr_npv36fz0NT1unlofso1_400.png
Ah, uncalled for, unprovoked passive-agressiveness.

Way to go, Kleinu.

Way to go, Kleinu.
knhLXgs.png
I don't know what you're talking about.
I don't know what you're talking about.
tumblr_npv36fz0NT1unlofso1_400.png
Of course you don't.
Of course you don't.
knhLXgs.png
[quote name="Div3rge" date="2014-04-26 09:44:54"]Ah, uncalled for, unprovoked passive-agressiveness. Way to go, Kleinu.[/quote] [center]You're one to talk, honestly. If you're going to respond in such abrasive, sarcastic ways, don't be surprised when other people respond in kind. Either way, just because you have no use for a feature doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. People play the game differently than you do--shocker!--and want different things. Like the block function as is? Use it. But for others, a two tier system or something similar would be a big help. Repetitively complaining in this thread that it's not useful to you so no one should have it isn't helping anything.[/center]
Div3rge wrote on 2014-04-26 09:44:54:

Way to go, Kleinu.
You're one to talk, honestly. If you're going to respond in such abrasive, sarcastic ways, don't be surprised when other people respond in kind.

Either way, just because you have no use for a feature doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. People play the game differently than you do--shocker!--and want different things. Like the block function as is? Use it. But for others, a two tier system or something similar would be a big help. Repetitively complaining in this thread that it's not useful to you so no one should have it isn't helping anything.
@Reign- Considering you've no idea the situation, well.

And if you find it 'abbrasive', that refrain from interacting with me.

This is a public forum, and I added my opinion. :)
@Reign- Considering you've no idea the situation, well.

And if you find it 'abbrasive', that refrain from interacting with me.

This is a public forum, and I added my opinion. :)
knhLXgs.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28