Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | * Interest check - first accent *
1 2 3
I'm working on my first accent called Polar Cap. I have a few overall tweaks to make with the drawing, color, shadows etc., but the general idea is there. I'm having some difficulty with the bow right now. It isn't showing up much at all through the ink/shadows, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm wondering if it pretty much works and just needs some touching up or if I can change the shadow hue a bit to make it lighter so my drawing shows through more. I shifted the bear's face down from the snapper's with the hopes of avoiding too many lines/shadows.

Advice and suggestions would be loved.

I'm going to keep working and update this post. I hope to be done next week. My accent will cost 400g if I can get 10 peeps interested. =D

I just want to confirm - do I have to buy an accent blueprint for 1000g to create one copy and then if I want to sell copies of it, I have to buy a 5-pack for 1750 or 10-pack for 2500? Thanks!

Here's the latest version:

33o5snb.jpg

Interested:

1. arcturian
I'm working on my first accent called Polar Cap. I have a few overall tweaks to make with the drawing, color, shadows etc., but the general idea is there. I'm having some difficulty with the bow right now. It isn't showing up much at all through the ink/shadows, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm wondering if it pretty much works and just needs some touching up or if I can change the shadow hue a bit to make it lighter so my drawing shows through more. I shifted the bear's face down from the snapper's with the hopes of avoiding too many lines/shadows.

Advice and suggestions would be loved.

I'm going to keep working and update this post. I hope to be done next week. My accent will cost 400g if I can get 10 peeps interested. =D

I just want to confirm - do I have to buy an accent blueprint for 1000g to create one copy and then if I want to sell copies of it, I have to buy a 5-pack for 1750 or 10-pack for 2500? Thanks!

Here's the latest version:

33o5snb.jpg

Interested:

1. arcturian
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk this is really cute and creative! i think the shadows and lineart needs to be darker however, because right now it won't be accepted :c
@Skylurk this is really cute and creative! i think the shadows and lineart needs to be darker however, because right now it won't be accepted :c
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
@Ashenhartkrie

Hello and thank you! I'm actually confused because I didn't touch the original line art or shadows and feel they are so dark already. I think it's because I put his face on the empty area of the Snapper instead of where all the line art is. I moved his face down. You can really see the shadows/line art in the scarf and head. Mind if I ask where it doesn't look dark enough? I'll try to fix it. If it's in the dark part of the hat area, I will just lighten the hat color instead of darkening the lines/shadows.
@Ashenhartkrie

Hello and thank you! I'm actually confused because I didn't touch the original line art or shadows and feel they are so dark already. I think it's because I put his face on the empty area of the Snapper instead of where all the line art is. I moved his face down. You can really see the shadows/line art in the scarf and head. Mind if I ask where it doesn't look dark enough? I'll try to fix it. If it's in the dark part of the hat area, I will just lighten the hat color instead of darkening the lines/shadows.
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk that could be it, yeah! i don't normally work with snappers so i wasn't too sue where the lines and shadows end c:
in any case i think its super cute ~
@Skylurk that could be it, yeah! i don't normally work with snappers so i wasn't too sue where the lines and shadows end c:
in any case i think its super cute ~
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
@Ashenhartkrie

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!! =)
@Ashenhartkrie

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!! =)
T3u4zFz.png
This is adorable, mind pinging me if you print this? @Skylurk
This is adorable, mind pinging me if you print this? @Skylurk
15WDtQ0.png
@arcturian

Thank you so much! Of course!! =)
@arcturian

Thank you so much! Of course!! =)
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk

Any idea how much you'd want for the skin? :D It's an amazing idea.
@Skylurk

Any idea how much you'd want for the skin? :D It's an amazing idea.
15WDtQ0.png
@arcturian

Well thank you! That makes me happy to hear! I'm not sure about pricing. If it's an accent it'd be around 450g I think? If it's a skin it would be more, right? ...since the blueprints cost more? I'm not sure how much more work I'm going to do to him or if he'll be an accent or skin. I've thought about making him more realistic or maybe adding a baby polar bear too. I don't know yet since I've just begun drawing him. I'd like to finish him in a week or so though. Any suggestions would be lovely!
@arcturian

Well thank you! That makes me happy to hear! I'm not sure about pricing. If it's an accent it'd be around 450g I think? If it's a skin it would be more, right? ...since the blueprints cost more? I'm not sure how much more work I'm going to do to him or if he'll be an accent or skin. I've thought about making him more realistic or maybe adding a baby polar bear too. I don't know yet since I've just begun drawing him. I'd like to finish him in a week or so though. Any suggestions would be lovely!
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk

From what I've seen, most accents can cost anywhere from 350-500 gems, and skins upwards of 500~

Good to create a list you can add people to, and when it fills up (5-10 people works best for getting blueprints), you can ask for payments and buy the blueprints that way. It does take about a week, maybe a little less for the accents/skins to come in. Queue is usually slower around the holidays but does pick up again afterwards!

I'd definitely recommend an interest check, just to gauge how many you might want to consider printing. Accent coverage is usually under 30%, and skins can be up to 100%. Depending on how much you add, it might become a skin. ^^
@Skylurk

From what I've seen, most accents can cost anywhere from 350-500 gems, and skins upwards of 500~

Good to create a list you can add people to, and when it fills up (5-10 people works best for getting blueprints), you can ask for payments and buy the blueprints that way. It does take about a week, maybe a little less for the accents/skins to come in. Queue is usually slower around the holidays but does pick up again afterwards!

I'd definitely recommend an interest check, just to gauge how many you might want to consider printing. Accent coverage is usually under 30%, and skins can be up to 100%. Depending on how much you add, it might become a skin. ^^
15WDtQ0.png
1 2 3