Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | * Interest check - first accent *
1 2 3
@Necrovatai

Good morning! I was just comparing the cute tuna accent lines/shadows to my bear's side by side and in the pic you posted above, the lines/shadows look too dark and thick in areas compared to hers (even my orignial post one page 1 seems too dark comparitively) - most noticeably around the area of my bear's brow line which is the line under the cute tuna's nose (her line is thin compared to mine) and within my scarf bow area which is her bow area (which her shade is a lot lighter). You can't even see what I was trying to do in the bow area because it's so dark. I feel she was able to thin the lines in parts and lighten or change the hue in parts. That's what I've wanted to do. If it's because my hat color is too dark and you were compensating for that then I will lighten that part instead of darkening the shadows/lines all over. I could make the bear look a lot better if i were able to lighten and thin parts. I do realize I would need to extend certain lines like the one under my bear's nose. I see her line there goes higher. Maybe she just redrew over parts of snapper template. I'm learning haha! =D
@Necrovatai

Good morning! I was just comparing the cute tuna accent lines/shadows to my bear's side by side and in the pic you posted above, the lines/shadows look too dark and thick in areas compared to hers (even my orignial post one page 1 seems too dark comparitively) - most noticeably around the area of my bear's brow line which is the line under the cute tuna's nose (her line is thin compared to mine) and within my scarf bow area which is her bow area (which her shade is a lot lighter). You can't even see what I was trying to do in the bow area because it's so dark. I feel she was able to thin the lines in parts and lighten or change the hue in parts. That's what I've wanted to do. If it's because my hat color is too dark and you were compensating for that then I will lighten that part instead of darkening the shadows/lines all over. I could make the bear look a lot better if i were able to lighten and thin parts. I do realize I would need to extend certain lines like the one under my bear's nose. I see her line there goes higher. Maybe she just redrew over parts of snapper template. I'm learning haha! =D
T3u4zFz.png
[center][i]@Skylurk Your saved image was not a 350x350 which is what I have my snapper file saved at, so I had to try and adjust it's weird 373x371 into the correct size then try to adjust the snapper to match up under the fresh line layer. I don't know if it's the way you are uploading or saving the image but the two numbers should always be the same/equal. (ex 350x350, 574x574, 641x641) If it is being saved with the off numbers you will need to move your art layer(s) over to a fresh snapper file and adjust it accordingly in order for it to pass submission and show up correctly on a dragon. (if it's the upload doing it than don't worry about it) It's possible that I didn't line the line layer up exactly with your image which could make the lines larger as well as the little bit of line that was already appearing can make it appear a bit darker as I layered it on (rambling lol). But anyway: I wasn't compensating for anything in the image though, all I did was take a fresh line layer from my saved snapper file and place it over your snapper. I'll show you what a fresh shadow/ line layer on their own look like: [img]https://s9.postimg.org/y1ox7r4bj/Snapper_M.png[/img] The image above is the darkness that your line/shadow layers should start at, from there we lock the opacity/transparency of the shadow/line layers and color them accordingly based on the colors below them. [img]https://s9.postimg.org/dgeqtlc4f/Shadow_Line.png[/img] (yes, I did take the time to make this example for you xD) I do constantly get my accents rejected for the line and shadow layers not being visible enough for FR standards, it's just one of those struggles most of us accent creators have to deal with. We want our art to be seen clearly but FR wants the line and shadow layers to be noticable. ^ .^' When an accent is rejected you will receive a pre-written response saying which standard the accent doesn't meet. Unfortunately they don't tell you where on the accent the issue is and if they do it's usually something vague like 'on the wings' or 'on the back' etc. If you submit the accent and it gets rejected you simply get the blueprints back and will need to adjust it based on what they've told you and resubmit it after you've made the adjustments.
@Skylurk

Your saved image was not a 350x350 which is what I have my snapper file saved at, so I had to try and adjust it's weird 373x371 into the correct size then try to adjust the snapper to match up under the fresh line layer.
I don't know if it's the way you are uploading or saving the image but the two numbers should always be the same/equal. (ex 350x350, 574x574, 641x641)
If it is being saved with the off numbers you will need to move your art layer(s) over to a fresh snapper file and adjust it accordingly in order for it to pass submission and show up correctly on a dragon. (if it's the upload doing it than don't worry about it)
It's possible that I didn't line the line layer up exactly with your image which could make the lines larger as well as the little bit of line that was already appearing can make it appear a bit darker as I layered it on (rambling lol). But anyway:

I wasn't compensating for anything in the image though, all I did was take a fresh line layer from my saved snapper file and place it over your snapper. I'll show you what a fresh shadow/ line layer on their own look like:

Snapper_M.png

The image above is the darkness that your line/shadow layers should start at, from there we lock the opacity/transparency of the shadow/line layers and color them accordingly based on the colors below them.

Shadow_Line.png
(yes, I did take the time to make this example for you xD)

I do constantly get my accents rejected for the line and shadow layers not being visible enough for FR standards, it's just one of those struggles most of us accent creators have to deal with. We want our art to be seen clearly but FR wants the line and shadow layers to be noticable. ^ .^'

When an accent is rejected you will receive a pre-written response saying which standard the accent doesn't meet. Unfortunately they don't tell you where on the accent the issue is and if they do it's usually something vague like 'on the wings' or 'on the back' etc.

If you submit the accent and it gets rejected you simply get the blueprints back and will need to adjust it based on what they've told you and resubmit it after you've made the adjustments.
giphy.gif
FR+3
@Necrovatai

- yes, I did take the time to make this example for you xD

Thank you SOOOO much! I love your visual example! It really helps a lot!!!! I get it now and will get started again this week. I'll try not to bother ya anymore either as you've helped so much and have explained everything perfectly. I really can't thank you enough! ^.^
@Necrovatai

- yes, I did take the time to make this example for you xD

Thank you SOOOO much! I love your visual example! It really helps a lot!!!! I get it now and will get started again this week. I'll try not to bother ya anymore either as you've helped so much and have explained everything perfectly. I really can't thank you enough! ^.^
T3u4zFz.png
1 2 3