Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Of Sorcerers and Such (PRIVATE THREAD)
1 2 3 4
I am officially giving up on making my format. I'm too tired. XD ))

Vik jolted when he saw his mistress with a summoning circle under her. He moved to grab her back but flinched away when the barrier burnt him and grasped his hand.

~*~*~

Lea's gaze widened before she was transported into a completely different location. Her throat burned as she readjusted to the heavy, tainted air of the Earthly plane. Her electric blue eyes narrowing as she glanced around. The crimson wings sprouting from her back subconsciously stretched out only for the half-fiendess to hiss as the barrier erected around her to keep her there seared a few feathers, the small things withering to the ground in ash before they'd even touched the floor.

"This definitely isn't a protective spell." A voice made her twitch, and she focused her gaze on the witch she'd neglected to notice first. She propped her hip with a hand rested on her side while her hair fell over her right eye to hide it from view, not that the glare of her left was any less intimidating to most. A jagged scar ran from her left brow and down the length of her jaw before ending.

"Well. What gave you that idea?" She purred, with a subtle tilt of the head. There was a dull throbbing in the back of her conscious. Probably her companion endlessly trying to get answers by contacting her, but unfortunately, the summoning circle had her trapped. Both physically and mentally. The dim glow of her current prison only spiking her annoyance with the help of the growing headache.
I am officially giving up on making my format. I'm too tired. XD ))

Vik jolted when he saw his mistress with a summoning circle under her. He moved to grab her back but flinched away when the barrier burnt him and grasped his hand.

~*~*~

Lea's gaze widened before she was transported into a completely different location. Her throat burned as she readjusted to the heavy, tainted air of the Earthly plane. Her electric blue eyes narrowing as she glanced around. The crimson wings sprouting from her back subconsciously stretched out only for the half-fiendess to hiss as the barrier erected around her to keep her there seared a few feathers, the small things withering to the ground in ash before they'd even touched the floor.

"This definitely isn't a protective spell." A voice made her twitch, and she focused her gaze on the witch she'd neglected to notice first. She propped her hip with a hand rested on her side while her hair fell over her right eye to hide it from view, not that the glare of her left was any less intimidating to most. A jagged scar ran from her left brow and down the length of her jaw before ending.

"Well. What gave you that idea?" She purred, with a subtle tilt of the head. There was a dull throbbing in the back of her conscious. Probably her companion endlessly trying to get answers by contacting her, but unfortunately, the summoning circle had her trapped. Both physically and mentally. The dim glow of her current prison only spiking her annoyance with the help of the growing headache.
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
Celeste shut the book she was holding and dropped it on the floor beside her somewhat idly thinking. She nervously rubbed her bandaged arm as she carefully examined the girl standing in front of her, or more accurately the demon, or at least what she assumed was a demon. Her blue eyes traced over the crimson wings sprouting from the demon's back, and how they quickly retracted when hitting the barrier that she now noticed.

The witch had never summoned a demon ever before, and really had no idea what to do with demons, or anything about demon summoning. The only thing her mentor had told her about demon summoning, was don't summon a demon. Celeste generally followed that rule, yet she couldn't help the fact that her shoddy translation skills, and her blindly followed badly translated spells in a book she never heard of led her to this.

"You're a demon I'm assuming, but who are you exactly?" She asked choosing to mostly ignore her comment. Celeste certainly didn't trust this demon, after all she was a demon, and the wings, scar, and intimidating glare certainly didn't help the demon's case. She decided it would be best to keep the demon within the barrier for now, not that she could get rid of it even if she wanted to, she had no idea how to.
Celeste shut the book she was holding and dropped it on the floor beside her somewhat idly thinking. She nervously rubbed her bandaged arm as she carefully examined the girl standing in front of her, or more accurately the demon, or at least what she assumed was a demon. Her blue eyes traced over the crimson wings sprouting from the demon's back, and how they quickly retracted when hitting the barrier that she now noticed.

The witch had never summoned a demon ever before, and really had no idea what to do with demons, or anything about demon summoning. The only thing her mentor had told her about demon summoning, was don't summon a demon. Celeste generally followed that rule, yet she couldn't help the fact that her shoddy translation skills, and her blindly followed badly translated spells in a book she never heard of led her to this.

"You're a demon I'm assuming, but who are you exactly?" She asked choosing to mostly ignore her comment. Celeste certainly didn't trust this demon, after all she was a demon, and the wings, scar, and intimidating glare certainly didn't help the demon's case. She decided it would be best to keep the demon within the barrier for now, not that she could get rid of it even if she wanted to, she had no idea how to.
Lea's tail twitched, and she mulled over her response, tilting her head to either side as if stretching or trying to pop her neck before she looked directly at the witch who'd managed to summon and trap her. She folded her wings firmly against her back before they seemed to be absorbed into her spine as a result of the action the fiendess shivered. "Will more formally I'd ask you to call me DreadWing since that is what I'm usually referred to as," she started and crossed her arms. "Call me, Lea."

With her name out of the way, she decided it was time to ask a question of her own. "So, how exactly did you manage to summon a high ranking demon such as myself exactly? You are experienced, but the scent of your blood is mediocre, and from what I see, there is very little magic left." She quirked a brow, the red slits of her pupils silently following an invisible vortex of magic residue from the summoning.

Her mind was beginning to clear up, allowing her to openly hear Viktor's thoughts screaming out in the back of her head frantically. Daring herself, she reached out to press a hand against the barrier, which was beginning to weaken probably from containing the magic that came off her in waves.

She pulled at the leather bracer around her wrist to look at the flickering rune etched into her arm that usually held her magic in check. Snorting, she realized the barrier was meant to nullify her powers but wasn't meant to hold a noble class. Being one of the powerful demons had it's perks at least.
Lea's tail twitched, and she mulled over her response, tilting her head to either side as if stretching or trying to pop her neck before she looked directly at the witch who'd managed to summon and trap her. She folded her wings firmly against her back before they seemed to be absorbed into her spine as a result of the action the fiendess shivered. "Will more formally I'd ask you to call me DreadWing since that is what I'm usually referred to as," she started and crossed her arms. "Call me, Lea."

With her name out of the way, she decided it was time to ask a question of her own. "So, how exactly did you manage to summon a high ranking demon such as myself exactly? You are experienced, but the scent of your blood is mediocre, and from what I see, there is very little magic left." She quirked a brow, the red slits of her pupils silently following an invisible vortex of magic residue from the summoning.

Her mind was beginning to clear up, allowing her to openly hear Viktor's thoughts screaming out in the back of her head frantically. Daring herself, she reached out to press a hand against the barrier, which was beginning to weaken probably from containing the magic that came off her in waves.

She pulled at the leather bracer around her wrist to look at the flickering rune etched into her arm that usually held her magic in check. Snorting, she realized the barrier was meant to nullify her powers but wasn't meant to hold a noble class. Being one of the powerful demons had it's perks at least.
ygWzlbs.pngaKdV5MN.pngu9UVwot.pngdVEhpEt.png9Ul81xi.pngrzGCUW2.pngyK2yfiw.pngqBNWrht.pngKYC6yDa.pngHxJ7se6.pngW4bPTjV.pngd3XCZt0.pngX1o9g2Z.pngoA8PO33.pngBZroI2Z.png6Gz2fDO.pngu9UVwot.pngnFtGgPV.pngtDii0Aq.png
2W5hn3g.png
((sorry for the late reply I got distracted))

Celeste fidgeted slightly on her feet as she waited for the demon's response. 'Dreadwing, that's an ominous name' she thought quietly to herself. Having a name like that didn't exactly help the demon's cause for being trustworthy. She just listened to the demon's other various remarks.

"So, Lea." She said, clear distrust in her voice. "Well you see I didn't mean to summon a high ranking demon, or to be fair any demon, so how you got here is just as confusing to me, as it is to you." She explained to the demon. It was the truth and she really never intended to summon a demon. She noticed that the glow of the circle, and obviously the magic in it had started to fade.

Celeste figured that the barrier would probably break soon, and that wasn't a good thing, considering it was trapping a demon whom she certainly did not trust. She slowly edged towards the table on which she put down the knife she used to cut her arm with. The witch soon was in front of the table with the knife, her hands behind her back.

She reached to the knife on the table slowly taking it into her hand, keeping the knife hidden behind her back. She figured it would be a good idea to at least have a weapon if the demon attacked her. And then of course she also had magic as an option.
((sorry for the late reply I got distracted))

Celeste fidgeted slightly on her feet as she waited for the demon's response. 'Dreadwing, that's an ominous name' she thought quietly to herself. Having a name like that didn't exactly help the demon's cause for being trustworthy. She just listened to the demon's other various remarks.

"So, Lea." She said, clear distrust in her voice. "Well you see I didn't mean to summon a high ranking demon, or to be fair any demon, so how you got here is just as confusing to me, as it is to you." She explained to the demon. It was the truth and she really never intended to summon a demon. She noticed that the glow of the circle, and obviously the magic in it had started to fade.

Celeste figured that the barrier would probably break soon, and that wasn't a good thing, considering it was trapping a demon whom she certainly did not trust. She slowly edged towards the table on which she put down the knife she used to cut her arm with. The witch soon was in front of the table with the knife, her hands behind her back.

She reached to the knife on the table slowly taking it into her hand, keeping the knife hidden behind her back. She figured it would be a good idea to at least have a weapon if the demon attacked her. And then of course she also had magic as an option.
Mentions: Celeste ("Ms Blake")
That... was probably... enough exercise... for the week.

Flopping backwards onto a slightly softer patch of rock, Liam glared up at the first twinkling stars of the evening, cursing them as though they'd brought his own miserable fate upon him. It took a moment, but when his relatively nonathletic body had caught up with his brain, he managed a quiet bout of hysterical laughter.

What the hell was he doing, daydreaming away?

Well, nightdreaming away, anyhow... it was getting pretty dark. If it rained again overnight, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. Far too much in the ways of damp clothing, and far too less in the way of effort.

Concerning his own dryness, of course.

Physical dryness! He was a friendly, cool kid!

Gosh, what on earth was he rambling about?

A quiet skittering noise just beside his ear startled him out of his reverie, and he sat up instantly, glancing hurriedly around. Liam liked insects - who wouldn't? Such fascinating subjects under a microscope - but quite frankly, he preferred them dead in a box. Not anywhere even remotely near his bodily orifices.

Maybe it was time he got moving.

Since when did earwigs live on rocky cliffsides anyway?

~~

Deciding to completely avoid the room she'd stumbled into earlier (at least, until a suitable extermination mission had been carried out), Victoria continued down the same hallway, keeping her pace calm and steady for twenty minutes straight. She was just beginning to question how far this labyrinth stretched before a soft scuffling noise caught her attention.

Victoria paused, glancing to her sides warily. She wasn't sure she could handle meeting another critter within 24 hours, and the tip-tap noises coming from the ceiling vent (yes, of course witches have decent airing systems! they'd get woozy from all the frog-spawn-scent otherwise!) were quite recognizably produced by some sort of rodent.

Truth be told, Victoria nearly preferred the cat.

Deciding it was best to get out of the potential line of (rat poo) fire, she continued her walk down the corridor, which ended quite suddenly at a solid brick wall.

Bricks, evenly set and rusty red as though brand new.

Underground.

In a witch's cave.

Without a moment's hesitation, Victoria put out her left hand and touched her thumb to a random brick.

...nothing happened.

Undaunted, the young apprentice continued to poke at every brick in order, top to bottom and left to right, with near-paralyzing focus and patience.

Third row, fourth brick.

She made a mental note as the bricks slid smoothly into a hidden panel, revealing a set of uncomfortably chilly wooden steps.

Classic.

sincerely apologizing for the lack of consistent updates. tried my best to make this longer in order to make up for it! you're both spectacular writers by the way, well done actually having a plot lol
Mentions: Celeste ("Ms Blake")
That... was probably... enough exercise... for the week.

Flopping backwards onto a slightly softer patch of rock, Liam glared up at the first twinkling stars of the evening, cursing them as though they'd brought his own miserable fate upon him. It took a moment, but when his relatively nonathletic body had caught up with his brain, he managed a quiet bout of hysterical laughter.

What the hell was he doing, daydreaming away?

Well, nightdreaming away, anyhow... it was getting pretty dark. If it rained again overnight, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. Far too much in the ways of damp clothing, and far too less in the way of effort.

Concerning his own dryness, of course.

Physical dryness! He was a friendly, cool kid!

Gosh, what on earth was he rambling about?

A quiet skittering noise just beside his ear startled him out of his reverie, and he sat up instantly, glancing hurriedly around. Liam liked insects - who wouldn't? Such fascinating subjects under a microscope - but quite frankly, he preferred them dead in a box. Not anywhere even remotely near his bodily orifices.

Maybe it was time he got moving.

Since when did earwigs live on rocky cliffsides anyway?

~~

Deciding to completely avoid the room she'd stumbled into earlier (at least, until a suitable extermination mission had been carried out), Victoria continued down the same hallway, keeping her pace calm and steady for twenty minutes straight. She was just beginning to question how far this labyrinth stretched before a soft scuffling noise caught her attention.

Victoria paused, glancing to her sides warily. She wasn't sure she could handle meeting another critter within 24 hours, and the tip-tap noises coming from the ceiling vent (yes, of course witches have decent airing systems! they'd get woozy from all the frog-spawn-scent otherwise!) were quite recognizably produced by some sort of rodent.

Truth be told, Victoria nearly preferred the cat.

Deciding it was best to get out of the potential line of (rat poo) fire, she continued her walk down the corridor, which ended quite suddenly at a solid brick wall.

Bricks, evenly set and rusty red as though brand new.

Underground.

In a witch's cave.

Without a moment's hesitation, Victoria put out her left hand and touched her thumb to a random brick.

...nothing happened.

Undaunted, the young apprentice continued to poke at every brick in order, top to bottom and left to right, with near-paralyzing focus and patience.

Third row, fourth brick.

She made a mental note as the bricks slid smoothly into a hidden panel, revealing a set of uncomfortably chilly wooden steps.

Classic.

sincerely apologizing for the lack of consistent updates. tried my best to make this longer in order to make up for it! you're both spectacular writers by the way, well done actually having a plot lol
76927939ad6134c1b5b0fa472803ca4b.png
Eventually feeling the restriction of the barrier shatter completely, a pleased purr escaped the fiendess as she stepped out of the circle and dusted off her armor despite the leather being pristine in appearance. "It'd help if I saw the spell." She spoke softer now, more friendly? Quickly she gave the circle an annoyed look while lashing her tail. The fur at the tuft revealed a large blade of solid bone that she'd used to cut the summoning circle. "And if you break that."

"Be glad it wasn't my brother you'd summoned or he'd have eaten you. Or Vik. But he's not a demon..." She shrugged, "Or a shade. Nasty things." As she said that she glanced at her shoulder where the invisible hand was still latched. At least only she could see the parasite. She wrinkled her nose at the stronger scent of blood since the magic was no longer blocking it and eyed the woman who was its source looking displeased, but she didn't say anything on the subject.

Lea took a moment deciding how to make herself seem slightly less threatening, and she did. Within the blink of an eye, her humanoid form had shrank into the form of an Albino Raven. Three ruby red eyes were looking over the witch. "Since this was an accident, I can assume you don't want to use me or seal a contract. Good."
Eventually feeling the restriction of the barrier shatter completely, a pleased purr escaped the fiendess as she stepped out of the circle and dusted off her armor despite the leather being pristine in appearance. "It'd help if I saw the spell." She spoke softer now, more friendly? Quickly she gave the circle an annoyed look while lashing her tail. The fur at the tuft revealed a large blade of solid bone that she'd used to cut the summoning circle. "And if you break that."

"Be glad it wasn't my brother you'd summoned or he'd have eaten you. Or Vik. But he's not a demon..." She shrugged, "Or a shade. Nasty things." As she said that she glanced at her shoulder where the invisible hand was still latched. At least only she could see the parasite. She wrinkled her nose at the stronger scent of blood since the magic was no longer blocking it and eyed the woman who was its source looking displeased, but she didn't say anything on the subject.

Lea took a moment deciding how to make herself seem slightly less threatening, and she did. Within the blink of an eye, her humanoid form had shrank into the form of an Albino Raven. Three ruby red eyes were looking over the witch. "Since this was an accident, I can assume you don't want to use me or seal a contract. Good."
2W5hn3g.png
Celeste listened to what the demon said. She figured that the demon wouldn't kill her at least based on her actions and what she said, and the fact that she turned into the form of the albino raven. Celeste put the knife she was holding behind her back, back onto the table. She walked over to one of the many cabinets in the room. She opened the cabinet taking out a dagger held in a scabbard. She strapped it to her waist just so she had the dagger there, though she figured it wouldn't do much against the demon, it just made her feel more safe.

Celeste then walked across the room past the demon to where she put the spell book down. She picked it up off the floor and quickly flipped through it to the spell she used to summon the demon. "Here's the spell." She said placing the open book in front of the demon. "Would your brother and everybody you listed, would they have all killed me?" She asked, although the answer seemed pretty obvious to her.

"Do most people who summon you want a contract, or want to use you?" She asked. "What do most of the summoners want anyways?" Celeste asked quite interested in what the demon actually did when she was summoned normally at least.
Celeste listened to what the demon said. She figured that the demon wouldn't kill her at least based on her actions and what she said, and the fact that she turned into the form of the albino raven. Celeste put the knife she was holding behind her back, back onto the table. She walked over to one of the many cabinets in the room. She opened the cabinet taking out a dagger held in a scabbard. She strapped it to her waist just so she had the dagger there, though she figured it wouldn't do much against the demon, it just made her feel more safe.

Celeste then walked across the room past the demon to where she put the spell book down. She picked it up off the floor and quickly flipped through it to the spell she used to summon the demon. "Here's the spell." She said placing the open book in front of the demon. "Would your brother and everybody you listed, would they have all killed me?" She asked, although the answer seemed pretty obvious to her.

"Do most people who summon you want a contract, or want to use you?" She asked. "What do most of the summoners want anyways?" Celeste asked quite interested in what the demon actually did when she was summoned normally at least.
"Typically, to kill someone or a means of power, protection, sometimes other more personal things." She scoffed and landed on to the book skimming over the spell, "As for my brother and Shade demons and Viktor... Shades would likely possess you and make your life a living Hell. My brother? He'd kill you. Vik? The smell of your blood would've made him go berserk, but he's not a demon. You can't exactly summon him through witchcraft."

She tapped a single claw against the book while thinking until she nodded. "It's a summoning and trap spell. Unfortunately, it's intended to hold demons almost as strong as Lucifer- Typically." Slowly she glanced at the summoning circle. "You messed up the barrier rune a little, which explains why it couldn't hold against my magic. Demonic magic is like nasty radiation, and if left unchecked can cause all sorts of problems, so we usually have it sealed unless directly using it."

After she'd lectured the witch on what she'd done wrong she shifted back closing the book. "I would erase that circle completely, it may be broken but Shades can still leak through. Believe me, you don't want those things around."

Vik tapped his foot angrily, covered in various claw marks from fighting his way out of Hell and trying not to get dragged into the pit by the damned Souls dwelling within their insanity. He gripped the steering wheel of a stolen car as he used his mental link to track his Mistress. Drake's icy gaze was currently in his rearview mirror as the pompous prince had decided to tag along most likely to lecture Lea.

"You're a terrible guard dog."

"I'm not a guard dog it's called being a protective friend." Drake scoffed, rolling his eyes for the tenth time in an hour. Vik snarled mentally promising to stab those eyes out later.
"Typically, to kill someone or a means of power, protection, sometimes other more personal things." She scoffed and landed on to the book skimming over the spell, "As for my brother and Shade demons and Viktor... Shades would likely possess you and make your life a living Hell. My brother? He'd kill you. Vik? The smell of your blood would've made him go berserk, but he's not a demon. You can't exactly summon him through witchcraft."

She tapped a single claw against the book while thinking until she nodded. "It's a summoning and trap spell. Unfortunately, it's intended to hold demons almost as strong as Lucifer- Typically." Slowly she glanced at the summoning circle. "You messed up the barrier rune a little, which explains why it couldn't hold against my magic. Demonic magic is like nasty radiation, and if left unchecked can cause all sorts of problems, so we usually have it sealed unless directly using it."

After she'd lectured the witch on what she'd done wrong she shifted back closing the book. "I would erase that circle completely, it may be broken but Shades can still leak through. Believe me, you don't want those things around."

Vik tapped his foot angrily, covered in various claw marks from fighting his way out of Hell and trying not to get dragged into the pit by the damned Souls dwelling within their insanity. He gripped the steering wheel of a stolen car as he used his mental link to track his Mistress. Drake's icy gaze was currently in his rearview mirror as the pompous prince had decided to tag along most likely to lecture Lea.

"You're a terrible guard dog."

"I'm not a guard dog it's called being a protective friend." Drake scoffed, rolling his eyes for the tenth time in an hour. Vik snarled mentally promising to stab those eyes out later.
2W5hn3g.png
Celeste listened intently to the demon. She made some interesting points. "Well I guess I'm lucky for not having summoning any of them." She said, "Not really ready to be killed, or possessed quite yet." She stated. "If this Vik, isn't a demon what is he? And why would he go berserk at the scent of blood?" She asked, concern lacing her voice.

Celeste listened intently to the demon's description of the spell she had used. "So if done correctly, I could summon and trap the most powerful demons?" She said, and curious glint in her eyes. She always loved to learn more about magic, and the entire magical world, and even though dangerous, she'd be willing to try to summon a powerful demon to do so, although first she would just have to perfect this spell. Once the demon pointed it out Celeste walked over to that part of her circle, and looked between it and the book, soon noticing the mistake. "So if I fixed the barrier rune, it would be able to contain any demon?" She asked curiously. "Also while you're here, can you translate any of the other spells in that book for me? Also what can you tell me about the demonic realm?" The witch asked curiosity filling her voice, forgetting the fact that she was talking to a demon that could likely kill her. "Ohh also what can you tell me about demon magic? Why is it so unstable? How do you keep it sealed?" She added after hearing Lea mention the magic.

She nodded at the demon's suggestion. "Ok got it, erase the summoning circle." She said, although not moving at all to erase it for fear that if she did Lea would disappear without having answered any of her questions, or even refusing to answer any of her questions.

A slightly taller than average male with messy black hair was climbing up the mountain. It hadn't taken him long to get there, mostly because of a bit of magic. Theodore was his name,he had black hair, and startling blue eyes. He wore a simple black cloak over a grey t-shirt and black pants. At his waist there was a black scabbard which held a plain black dagger.

Theodore happened to be on this particular mountain, because he felt magic similar to that of a demon, meaning somebody probably summoned a demon on this mountain. Only problem was that he didn't know how to find them exactly. And base on what he knew about witches, they stayed relatively secluded, and hidden, especially when they lived on a mountain, and it was raining outside.

He walked through the trees surprised to see a boy that seemed to be studying a bug on a rock. He couldn't sense any magic around the boy, and sensing magic was what he was best at, but he still couldn't be sure that this boy didn't have anything to do with the witch living here. "Hey! What are you doing here?" Theodore called asking the kid.

((I'm going camping this weekend so I'll be relatively inactive btw))
Celeste listened intently to the demon. She made some interesting points. "Well I guess I'm lucky for not having summoning any of them." She said, "Not really ready to be killed, or possessed quite yet." She stated. "If this Vik, isn't a demon what is he? And why would he go berserk at the scent of blood?" She asked, concern lacing her voice.

Celeste listened intently to the demon's description of the spell she had used. "So if done correctly, I could summon and trap the most powerful demons?" She said, and curious glint in her eyes. She always loved to learn more about magic, and the entire magical world, and even though dangerous, she'd be willing to try to summon a powerful demon to do so, although first she would just have to perfect this spell. Once the demon pointed it out Celeste walked over to that part of her circle, and looked between it and the book, soon noticing the mistake. "So if I fixed the barrier rune, it would be able to contain any demon?" She asked curiously. "Also while you're here, can you translate any of the other spells in that book for me? Also what can you tell me about the demonic realm?" The witch asked curiosity filling her voice, forgetting the fact that she was talking to a demon that could likely kill her. "Ohh also what can you tell me about demon magic? Why is it so unstable? How do you keep it sealed?" She added after hearing Lea mention the magic.

She nodded at the demon's suggestion. "Ok got it, erase the summoning circle." She said, although not moving at all to erase it for fear that if she did Lea would disappear without having answered any of her questions, or even refusing to answer any of her questions.

A slightly taller than average male with messy black hair was climbing up the mountain. It hadn't taken him long to get there, mostly because of a bit of magic. Theodore was his name,he had black hair, and startling blue eyes. He wore a simple black cloak over a grey t-shirt and black pants. At his waist there was a black scabbard which held a plain black dagger.

Theodore happened to be on this particular mountain, because he felt magic similar to that of a demon, meaning somebody probably summoned a demon on this mountain. Only problem was that he didn't know how to find them exactly. And base on what he knew about witches, they stayed relatively secluded, and hidden, especially when they lived on a mountain, and it was raining outside.

He walked through the trees surprised to see a boy that seemed to be studying a bug on a rock. He couldn't sense any magic around the boy, and sensing magic was what he was best at, but he still couldn't be sure that this boy didn't have anything to do with the witch living here. "Hey! What are you doing here?" Theodore called asking the kid.

((I'm going camping this weekend so I'll be relatively inactive btw))
Mentions: Theodore (not by name)
Liam jumped almost a foot in the air, which certainly would have impressed his father, had the man been around. Sadly, his athletic endeavours went unnoticed, as the strange voice behind him surfaced just moments afterwards from the woods.

The boy turned to the stranger, eyes curious and cautious as they took in the man's appearance. Liam's took a step back without meaning to as he noticed the dagger, growing suspicious. The scuffling noises from earlier had subsided - not that he noticed.

"I must admit, it seems rather unsporting of you to have followed me into a secluded area before stabbing me," he said, trying and failing to sound less sarcastic than usual. "Pray tell, will I get a quick end, or not?"

~~

Panting from the effort, Victoria took her first break of half an hour, pausing at a wholly unremarkable piece of wall as she surveyed the remaining staircase. Indeed, it seemed there was simply nothing further but stairs - the winding path showed no sign of stopping.

Losing patience entirely - remarkably quick, for Victoria, honestly - the girl patted her belt down until she found the small dent that denoted her wand. Placing it delicately in the palm of her right hand, she used her left hand to trace a circular shape in the air, then stabbed it straight through with the wand.

Although she'd never admit it, she was thrilled when the spell actually worked, and a small piece of space itself folded over, offering her a clear view of...

...well, she wasn't entirely sure what that was. For one thing, the room was stupidly dark, lit solely by three dramatically gothic candles. They appeared to be balanced atop a small coffee table, which was at serious odds with the picturesque decor throughout the rest of the room.

Squinting, Victoria leaned close enough to press her nose to the window, which functioned essentially as a window, even steaming up when she laughed at herself.

"Took you long enough! Now get me out of this hellhole," a voice whispered, shaking Victoria right out of her ecstasy. She barely had time to register the pale, furious expression of someone before they reached right through her window and tugged her in.

Well, at least someone else agreed on the uselessness of stairs.
Mentions: Theodore (not by name)
Liam jumped almost a foot in the air, which certainly would have impressed his father, had the man been around. Sadly, his athletic endeavours went unnoticed, as the strange voice behind him surfaced just moments afterwards from the woods.

The boy turned to the stranger, eyes curious and cautious as they took in the man's appearance. Liam's took a step back without meaning to as he noticed the dagger, growing suspicious. The scuffling noises from earlier had subsided - not that he noticed.

"I must admit, it seems rather unsporting of you to have followed me into a secluded area before stabbing me," he said, trying and failing to sound less sarcastic than usual. "Pray tell, will I get a quick end, or not?"

~~

Panting from the effort, Victoria took her first break of half an hour, pausing at a wholly unremarkable piece of wall as she surveyed the remaining staircase. Indeed, it seemed there was simply nothing further but stairs - the winding path showed no sign of stopping.

Losing patience entirely - remarkably quick, for Victoria, honestly - the girl patted her belt down until she found the small dent that denoted her wand. Placing it delicately in the palm of her right hand, she used her left hand to trace a circular shape in the air, then stabbed it straight through with the wand.

Although she'd never admit it, she was thrilled when the spell actually worked, and a small piece of space itself folded over, offering her a clear view of...

...well, she wasn't entirely sure what that was. For one thing, the room was stupidly dark, lit solely by three dramatically gothic candles. They appeared to be balanced atop a small coffee table, which was at serious odds with the picturesque decor throughout the rest of the room.

Squinting, Victoria leaned close enough to press her nose to the window, which functioned essentially as a window, even steaming up when she laughed at herself.

"Took you long enough! Now get me out of this hellhole," a voice whispered, shaking Victoria right out of her ecstasy. She barely had time to register the pale, furious expression of someone before they reached right through her window and tugged her in.

Well, at least someone else agreed on the uselessness of stairs.
76927939ad6134c1b5b0fa472803ca4b.png
1 2 3 4