Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wings of Fire Roleplay~ CLOSED
1 2 3
@Apptisra @Digimon11 @NetherNo1

Yeah, not too big and not too small of a group ^^

I do like the prompt, it's not too hard to work with and is pretty flexible.
Would there be a neutral group, or would that complicate things too much? I'm guessing the mysterious group is attempting to overthrow the queens to gain power, to which the dragons either agree or disagree to?
There are a few questions that pop up every now and again, but I could find really easy ways to spark tension. For example, if it is like what I had said with them trying to overthrow the queens, there could be the announced death of one of the queens to which the characters can react or something like that.
@Apptisra @Digimon11 @NetherNo1

Yeah, not too big and not too small of a group ^^

I do like the prompt, it's not too hard to work with and is pretty flexible.
Would there be a neutral group, or would that complicate things too much? I'm guessing the mysterious group is attempting to overthrow the queens to gain power, to which the dragons either agree or disagree to?
There are a few questions that pop up every now and again, but I could find really easy ways to spark tension. For example, if it is like what I had said with them trying to overthrow the queens, there could be the announced death of one of the queens to which the characters can react or something like that.
@LemonsSharks

Wonderful!
And you make good points, we definitely need to lay out some laws in our AU. Personally, I don’t think a neutral group would overcomplicate things at all. Every war has ‘em, I’d imagine. As for your question regarding our “mysterious group,” they want a complete overhaul of the current Phyrrian governments. So yes, they want the power.
I agree with you on tension; it should be easy to make! Can’t wait to see which queen kicks the bucket first (man that came off creepy lol). And our OCs can react accordingly, spurring some sort of plot.
Sorry for the spotty responses, I’m in the middle of senior thesis at school and goodness is it a load of work.

@Apptisra @Digimon11

It’s been pretty quiet on your end, what do you guys think?
@LemonsSharks

Wonderful!
And you make good points, we definitely need to lay out some laws in our AU. Personally, I don’t think a neutral group would overcomplicate things at all. Every war has ‘em, I’d imagine. As for your question regarding our “mysterious group,” they want a complete overhaul of the current Phyrrian governments. So yes, they want the power.
I agree with you on tension; it should be easy to make! Can’t wait to see which queen kicks the bucket first (man that came off creepy lol). And our OCs can react accordingly, spurring some sort of plot.
Sorry for the spotty responses, I’m in the middle of senior thesis at school and goodness is it a load of work.

@Apptisra @Digimon11

It’s been pretty quiet on your end, what do you guys think?
shaymin-sky.gif
@NetherNo1 I like the idea but maybe the group should kick out the most undesirable queen like the new ice queen because I don't think many would get rid of Queen Thorn or Queen Ruby since they are favorable. Maybe the nightwings want to get rid of Queen Glory but I can't see the rainwings going up against her.
@NetherNo1 I like the idea but maybe the group should kick out the most undesirable queen like the new ice queen because I don't think many would get rid of Queen Thorn or Queen Ruby since they are favorable. Maybe the nightwings want to get rid of Queen Glory but I can't see the rainwings going up against her.
ldNLSdw.png
@Digimon11

I see your point, but if we just killed off the most undesirable queen, Snowfall, I doubt there would be much stir. Personally, I think we should choose a queen to kill at random to spur our RP, as the “reactions” of the characters would be much more genuine.

I think we need to establish the “laws” of this universe, and let things like plot and whatnot happen organically. Would that even work though in a group RP?
@Digimon11

I see your point, but if we just killed off the most undesirable queen, Snowfall, I doubt there would be much stir. Personally, I think we should choose a queen to kill at random to spur our RP, as the “reactions” of the characters would be much more genuine.

I think we need to establish the “laws” of this universe, and let things like plot and whatnot happen organically. Would that even work though in a group RP?
shaymin-sky.gif
@Digimon11 @NetherNo1

I’m liking those ideas for the RP so we could do that, and I agree with Nether, I think killing off any of the queens later on would work better since if it was an undesirable queen then most of the characters would probably not care all too much.
@Digimon11 @NetherNo1

I’m liking those ideas for the RP so we could do that, and I agree with Nether, I think killing off any of the queens later on would work better since if it was an undesirable queen then most of the characters would probably not care all too much.
@Apptisra @Digimon11 @LemonsSharks

Sorry for disappearing lol!

Anywho, I’m going to list out the stuff that we should remember in this universe, just so no one gets confused.

1) As per canon in the novels, all current forms of Phyrrian governments are monarchies.
2) Yes, canon characters (e.g. Tsunami, Moonwatcher, etc.) are capable of dying. Does that mean canon characters can be killed off without thought? No.
3) Let’s not bring more than three OCs each into this roleplay. We want our characters to interact with and build off of each other, not form their own little clans.
4) Here’s the obvious rule (as stated earlier). You cannot “godmod,” kill off another roleplayer’s character, etc.
5) Another obvious one. No harassing others and no drama. I doubt this will happen, you all are pretty chill, but just putting it out there. Let’s be mature.
6) The insurgents trying to overthrow the monarchy and establish a demoncracy have caused a continental war. We can further examine this war (the politics, the effects, and so forth) as we roleplay.
7) Let’s say the revolution began in 5025 AS, which I recall to be 14 years after the events of Book Five.
8) Any events occurring after Book Ten will be disregarded. Sorry, guys, but I’m unfamiliar with Book Eleven and Twelve.
9) Roleplay using your own OCs rather than canon characters.

That’s all I can think of atm, but give me suggestions if I’m missing something! Questions?

As for a more specific prompt for our characters, perhaps this can work:

Despite the high tensions in a once-again warring Phyrria, SandWings are celebrating the Full Moon Festival to lift the kingdom’s spirits. The celebrations are grand, and dragons from all over- including queens of other tribes- travel across the continent to partake in the festivities. SeaWings, RainWings, even IceWings. All dragons unite for a single evening to party the night away.

No one would have expected the assassination.

What do you think of that prompt? Basically all of our OCs can meet during the festival. Do y’all have any ideas for a prompt based on this AU?
@Apptisra @Digimon11 @LemonsSharks

Sorry for disappearing lol!

Anywho, I’m going to list out the stuff that we should remember in this universe, just so no one gets confused.

1) As per canon in the novels, all current forms of Phyrrian governments are monarchies.
2) Yes, canon characters (e.g. Tsunami, Moonwatcher, etc.) are capable of dying. Does that mean canon characters can be killed off without thought? No.
3) Let’s not bring more than three OCs each into this roleplay. We want our characters to interact with and build off of each other, not form their own little clans.
4) Here’s the obvious rule (as stated earlier). You cannot “godmod,” kill off another roleplayer’s character, etc.
5) Another obvious one. No harassing others and no drama. I doubt this will happen, you all are pretty chill, but just putting it out there. Let’s be mature.
6) The insurgents trying to overthrow the monarchy and establish a demoncracy have caused a continental war. We can further examine this war (the politics, the effects, and so forth) as we roleplay.
7) Let’s say the revolution began in 5025 AS, which I recall to be 14 years after the events of Book Five.
8) Any events occurring after Book Ten will be disregarded. Sorry, guys, but I’m unfamiliar with Book Eleven and Twelve.
9) Roleplay using your own OCs rather than canon characters.

That’s all I can think of atm, but give me suggestions if I’m missing something! Questions?

As for a more specific prompt for our characters, perhaps this can work:

Despite the high tensions in a once-again warring Phyrria, SandWings are celebrating the Full Moon Festival to lift the kingdom’s spirits. The celebrations are grand, and dragons from all over- including queens of other tribes- travel across the continent to partake in the festivities. SeaWings, RainWings, even IceWings. All dragons unite for a single evening to party the night away.

No one would have expected the assassination.

What do you think of that prompt? Basically all of our OCs can meet during the festival. Do y’all have any ideas for a prompt based on this AU?
shaymin-sky.gif
@Apptisra @LemonsSharks @Digimon11

Are any of you still interested??? If not please tell me :)
@Apptisra @LemonsSharks @Digimon11

Are any of you still interested??? If not please tell me :)
shaymin-sky.gif
@NetherNo1
I thought I responded to the last text, oops! I sorta jumped into another roleplay so I think I might end up too busy to do this one at the same time.
@NetherNo1
I thought I responded to the last text, oops! I sorta jumped into another roleplay so I think I might end up too busy to do this one at the same time.
@NetherNo1 I'm still interested.
@NetherNo1 I'm still interested.
ldNLSdw.png
@LemonsSharks

That’s okay, thank you for your interest!

@Digimon11

I think I’m just gonna call off the roleplay, unless you’re interested in a one-on-one. We’ve lost LemonsSharks and Apptisra has gone AWOL lol so it’s just us two, and honestly trying to find even more people who will maintain interest sounds a bit tiring ATM. Let me know if you’re interested in a one-on-one, if not, that’s okay too.
@LemonsSharks

That’s okay, thank you for your interest!

@Digimon11

I think I’m just gonna call off the roleplay, unless you’re interested in a one-on-one. We’ve lost LemonsSharks and Apptisra has gone AWOL lol so it’s just us two, and honestly trying to find even more people who will maintain interest sounds a bit tiring ATM. Let me know if you’re interested in a one-on-one, if not, that’s okay too.
shaymin-sky.gif
1 2 3