Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PMD RP - roleplay thread
1 2
(( oof, bit of a short one for me- Sorry for the semi-lateness! :'D ))

It hadn't taken the Lampent too long to find the Pikachu, as there seemed to be only a few areas that Ace frequented. Aleir was just glad they were still here, and not out on a mission. Their guardian, an Aggron, was present, which was no suprise. She often hung around the Guild, usually to pummel on.. er, train with Ace.

The Lampent enters the threshold of the training room, the two Pokemon noticing him rather quickly.

"Exciting news, that's what!" Aleir replies, once Ace had spoken. "If you'd be willing, we've got three rookies that need assessing, and Golurk wants you to be their Team Leader—at least, until they graduate! They're waiting in the main hall, if you're up for it."

- - -

Page had easily noticed the Totodile scurrying around the room, checking things out and being over all rather excited. The Riolu offers a smile in return, wagging her tail in greeting. Her paws were still a little shaky.

Her ears perk at the questions. The Totodile's enthusiasm is a bit infectious, because Page feels a grin starting to spread across her muzzle. "A rescuer, huh?" she asks, standing up. "That does sound fun!"

The bright Riolu lifts her arms up, and fixes the satchel that's slung over one shoulder, before she trots closer to Talia. "I'm Page, and I'm gonna be the best treasure hunter this Guild's ever seen!" she proudly holds out a paw to shake.
(( oof, bit of a short one for me- Sorry for the semi-lateness! :'D ))

It hadn't taken the Lampent too long to find the Pikachu, as there seemed to be only a few areas that Ace frequented. Aleir was just glad they were still here, and not out on a mission. Their guardian, an Aggron, was present, which was no suprise. She often hung around the Guild, usually to pummel on.. er, train with Ace.

The Lampent enters the threshold of the training room, the two Pokemon noticing him rather quickly.

"Exciting news, that's what!" Aleir replies, once Ace had spoken. "If you'd be willing, we've got three rookies that need assessing, and Golurk wants you to be their Team Leader—at least, until they graduate! They're waiting in the main hall, if you're up for it."

- - -

Page had easily noticed the Totodile scurrying around the room, checking things out and being over all rather excited. The Riolu offers a smile in return, wagging her tail in greeting. Her paws were still a little shaky.

Her ears perk at the questions. The Totodile's enthusiasm is a bit infectious, because Page feels a grin starting to spread across her muzzle. "A rescuer, huh?" she asks, standing up. "That does sound fun!"

The bright Riolu lifts her arms up, and fixes the satchel that's slung over one shoulder, before she trots closer to Talia. "I'm Page, and I'm gonna be the best treasure hunter this Guild's ever seen!" she proudly holds out a paw to shake.
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
@Wildstar239
Night couldn't help a mental eye roll at the Totidile's antics. Out of all the first impressions you decide to give your allies and possible teammates, you chose the kitten that just opened his eyes! Seriously, you look like a 5-year-old...

"My name is Midnight, but I sometimes go by Mid or M, so feel free to call me that." He flashed a smile at the others, but he didn't think it quite reached his eyes. If I get these rookies calling me Mid, then maybe people won't make the connection between Mid of the guild and Night, the quick-witted thief. Besides nicknames make people appear more personable right Glade? He shot a quick glance to his right, where Glade usually was, where Glade should be, only to look into solitudes solemn eyes.

"I want to be a treasure hunter, that's where all the real fun is at." He shot a quick smile at the Riolu, hoping that nobody has made any... discoveries.

First impressions matter. If I act personable now, in the back of their minds, they will still trust me, even when I mysteriously lose stuff. Oh Zapdos, do you think any of them realize how incompetent I am yet?

"I'm kind of quiet and not used to other pokemon -Oh he was used to them, far more used to them and their constant commotion than he would like to admit.-"So please don't feel like I'm avoiding you guys or anything. I hope to make progress for the guild. And of course, for my own reasons. It is really nice meeting all of you! Also, in case, anyone was wondering, I'm a boy." Another reason they won't connect him to Night. His thief persona was often called female, and Night didn't really do anything to dispel the rumors, after all, a little confusion in his wake benefits everyone involved.

"I can endure long, tiring circumstances, go without food for lengths of time, and I have a pretty good instinctual gauge of if something is worth anything. Just don't ask how I'm looking forward to working with all of you." And with that, he stalked away to the corner of the room, content to observe. I really wish I knew what they thought of me...
@Wildstar239
Night couldn't help a mental eye roll at the Totidile's antics. Out of all the first impressions you decide to give your allies and possible teammates, you chose the kitten that just opened his eyes! Seriously, you look like a 5-year-old...

"My name is Midnight, but I sometimes go by Mid or M, so feel free to call me that." He flashed a smile at the others, but he didn't think it quite reached his eyes. If I get these rookies calling me Mid, then maybe people won't make the connection between Mid of the guild and Night, the quick-witted thief. Besides nicknames make people appear more personable right Glade? He shot a quick glance to his right, where Glade usually was, where Glade should be, only to look into solitudes solemn eyes.

"I want to be a treasure hunter, that's where all the real fun is at." He shot a quick smile at the Riolu, hoping that nobody has made any... discoveries.

First impressions matter. If I act personable now, in the back of their minds, they will still trust me, even when I mysteriously lose stuff. Oh Zapdos, do you think any of them realize how incompetent I am yet?

"I'm kind of quiet and not used to other pokemon -Oh he was used to them, far more used to them and their constant commotion than he would like to admit.-"So please don't feel like I'm avoiding you guys or anything. I hope to make progress for the guild. And of course, for my own reasons. It is really nice meeting all of you! Also, in case, anyone was wondering, I'm a boy." Another reason they won't connect him to Night. His thief persona was often called female, and Night didn't really do anything to dispel the rumors, after all, a little confusion in his wake benefits everyone involved.

"I can endure long, tiring circumstances, go without food for lengths of time, and I have a pretty good instinctual gauge of if something is worth anything. Just don't ask how I'm looking forward to working with all of you." And with that, he stalked away to the corner of the room, content to observe. I really wish I knew what they thought of me...
Hey you. Yes you. Do you have any of the gen 1 color combos I'm looking for?
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2608980/1#post_37177971
Earth nester | Doesn't mind pings | Intp-T | She/her
Talia returned the shake with another one of her grins, giving a slight bow of her head in response before dropping her hand back to her side, "I bet you two will be successful with treasure hunting! I've heard that the thrill of finding something rare or new is hard to match!"

She had glanced to Night with curiosity at how he was heading to a corner, tilting her head slightly to the side, "Will you not stay over here? Neither of us bite, I don't think!" The Totodile chirped, "And, well, those skills sound interesting to have! What about you Page? What are your skills?"

"Mine is that I can take a few more hits than usual, though I think that may be my only one.." Talia said as she trailed off, yet her demeanor never did change to a quieter one, "Well, there's always figuring out what else you're good at in the future!"
Talia returned the shake with another one of her grins, giving a slight bow of her head in response before dropping her hand back to her side, "I bet you two will be successful with treasure hunting! I've heard that the thrill of finding something rare or new is hard to match!"

She had glanced to Night with curiosity at how he was heading to a corner, tilting her head slightly to the side, "Will you not stay over here? Neither of us bite, I don't think!" The Totodile chirped, "And, well, those skills sound interesting to have! What about you Page? What are your skills?"

"Mine is that I can take a few more hits than usual, though I think that may be my only one.." Talia said as she trailed off, yet her demeanor never did change to a quieter one, "Well, there's always figuring out what else you're good at in the future!"
End.pngNonbinary.pngTheyThem.pngBisexual.pngEndR.png
End.pngTaurus.pngChaoticNeutral.pngEndR.png
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FR+2 | ADHD!!
"If you'd be willing, we've got three rookies that need assessing, and Golurk wants you to be their Team Leader—at least, until they graduate! They're waiting in the main hall, if you're up for it."

”We've got three rookies that need assessing...”

”Three rookies...”

”Rookies...”

The words echoed in both of their heads... and suddenly, Agatha burst out laughing. She obviously couldn’t stop, as she placed a hand on her stomach as she hollered. The loud and boisterous sound could be felt literally by Ace, and their ears twitched. They swear anyone could hear Agatha from a mile away.

“They’ve upgrades you to ‘Babysitter’, Ace!” she finally started to calm down, and she placed a metal hand on their head, which they swiped off. Ace pursed their lips.

“I don’t-“

“They’ll do it,” suddenly Agatha became rather serious, and crossed her arms. ...Is she seriously going to pretend that didn’t happen?!

“Agatha...” Ace wrinkled their nose.

“What? Come on, a couple of other brats will do you good,” she shrugged, “And possibly teach you some things...”

Ace furrowed their brows, but shrugged. They weren’t really one to continue arguments when the other had a point. In the end, they sighed and turned to the Lampent. They kind of feel bad for having them float awkwardly for this little quarrel, but oh well.

“Yeah... sure, yeah. Bring me to them,” I guess... Agatha looked happy, at least. Now she would have to bother someone else for a training partner.
"If you'd be willing, we've got three rookies that need assessing, and Golurk wants you to be their Team Leader—at least, until they graduate! They're waiting in the main hall, if you're up for it."

”We've got three rookies that need assessing...”

”Three rookies...”

”Rookies...”

The words echoed in both of their heads... and suddenly, Agatha burst out laughing. She obviously couldn’t stop, as she placed a hand on her stomach as she hollered. The loud and boisterous sound could be felt literally by Ace, and their ears twitched. They swear anyone could hear Agatha from a mile away.

“They’ve upgrades you to ‘Babysitter’, Ace!” she finally started to calm down, and she placed a metal hand on their head, which they swiped off. Ace pursed their lips.

“I don’t-“

“They’ll do it,” suddenly Agatha became rather serious, and crossed her arms. ...Is she seriously going to pretend that didn’t happen?!

“Agatha...” Ace wrinkled their nose.

“What? Come on, a couple of other brats will do you good,” she shrugged, “And possibly teach you some things...”

Ace furrowed their brows, but shrugged. They weren’t really one to continue arguments when the other had a point. In the end, they sighed and turned to the Lampent. They kind of feel bad for having them float awkwardly for this little quarrel, but oh well.

“Yeah... sure, yeah. Bring me to them,” I guess... Agatha looked happy, at least. Now she would have to bother someone else for a training partner.
FucILoG.pngimage0.gifa3zmj4c.png
(( asdfghj sorry for another late post! Juggling a few different roleplays has always been tricky for me lol ))

Aleir was a little startled by Agatha's reaction, but he certainly didn't question the towering Aggron, when she said that Ace would lead the rookies. He nodded quickly, noting the somewhat embarrassed look in the Pikachu's eyes.

"Great!" the Lampent bobbed in the air. "I'll let the Guildmaster know, once I've introduced you to your new charges!"

And with that, the Lampent turned, and headed for the door.

- - -

Page had only vaguely noticed the Purloin, but hearing him state that he too was going to be a treasure hunter, the Riolu couldn't help but brighten.

A likeminded 'Mon!

"Heck yeah, you got that right!" she nodded in response to his comment about the division being the most fun.

She listened with rapt interest, as he described himself, and Page found herself nodding along. He did seem kinda shy, due to being so far away, at first... the comment on how long he could survive, and that he had a knack for judging an item's worth, made her perk up. That sounded a bit like her, come to think of it!

"That's awesome!" she grinned, tail wagging. "I was raised in a caravan, so.. I..."

Her voice dropped almost instantly, as he turned and started walking away. She blinked sharply, head tilting. That was... kind of weird. It wasn't something she said... was it?

Talia's question quickly brought her out of her thoughts, and she looked over to the Totodile, ears perking back up. "Oh, uh, I'm a lot faster than usual, and I can draw! Though, being able to take more hits, sounds really useful."
(( asdfghj sorry for another late post! Juggling a few different roleplays has always been tricky for me lol ))

Aleir was a little startled by Agatha's reaction, but he certainly didn't question the towering Aggron, when she said that Ace would lead the rookies. He nodded quickly, noting the somewhat embarrassed look in the Pikachu's eyes.

"Great!" the Lampent bobbed in the air. "I'll let the Guildmaster know, once I've introduced you to your new charges!"

And with that, the Lampent turned, and headed for the door.

- - -

Page had only vaguely noticed the Purloin, but hearing him state that he too was going to be a treasure hunter, the Riolu couldn't help but brighten.

A likeminded 'Mon!

"Heck yeah, you got that right!" she nodded in response to his comment about the division being the most fun.

She listened with rapt interest, as he described himself, and Page found herself nodding along. He did seem kinda shy, due to being so far away, at first... the comment on how long he could survive, and that he had a knack for judging an item's worth, made her perk up. That sounded a bit like her, come to think of it!

"That's awesome!" she grinned, tail wagging. "I was raised in a caravan, so.. I..."

Her voice dropped almost instantly, as he turned and started walking away. She blinked sharply, head tilting. That was... kind of weird. It wasn't something she said... was it?

Talia's question quickly brought her out of her thoughts, and she looked over to the Totodile, ears perking back up. "Oh, uh, I'm a lot faster than usual, and I can draw! Though, being able to take more hits, sounds really useful."
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
@CatCr0w
Sorry about that! Now you see it now you don't, a summary of me trying to rp.

Night glanced at his companions, assessing their worth to him. I could probably loot the Totidile if I got her to hold still enough. The Riolu though, she has a relatively decent head on her shoulders, since we are in the same program, she could definitely give me trouble. I should try to get a better read on her, she could bite me in the butt later if she is as observant is the average 'mon on the street.

He took a small half step closer, partly to appease the energetic Totidile Gullible, easy to fool, but could be a solid alibi, perhaps stealing off her plate rather than my own? and partly to see how the other two would react. "Uh," He looked at the ground, nervous This was always Glade's job. I wish you were here Glade. "So you said you grew up in a caravan? Sounds interesting. What do you think of Oasis City? I've lived here all my life" it took him a few moments to notice that he was fiddling with his necklace as he spoke. Zapdos, I thought I shook that habit.

Besides, if she is from away, she may never have heard of Night. I can talk to her without endangering Glade, or my earrings. He smirked at that thought. Maybe the 'Dile too, if she is as oblivious as shes lead us to believe. Maybe I can make some friends here. His mental voice rose in pitch, and hopefulness as he quelled it a mental eye roll.

Don't get attached Night.
@CatCr0w
Sorry about that! Now you see it now you don't, a summary of me trying to rp.

Night glanced at his companions, assessing their worth to him. I could probably loot the Totidile if I got her to hold still enough. The Riolu though, she has a relatively decent head on her shoulders, since we are in the same program, she could definitely give me trouble. I should try to get a better read on her, she could bite me in the butt later if she is as observant is the average 'mon on the street.

He took a small half step closer, partly to appease the energetic Totidile Gullible, easy to fool, but could be a solid alibi, perhaps stealing off her plate rather than my own? and partly to see how the other two would react. "Uh," He looked at the ground, nervous This was always Glade's job. I wish you were here Glade. "So you said you grew up in a caravan? Sounds interesting. What do you think of Oasis City? I've lived here all my life" it took him a few moments to notice that he was fiddling with his necklace as he spoke. Zapdos, I thought I shook that habit.

Besides, if she is from away, she may never have heard of Night. I can talk to her without endangering Glade, or my earrings. He smirked at that thought. Maybe the 'Dile too, if she is as oblivious as shes lead us to believe. Maybe I can make some friends here. His mental voice rose in pitch, and hopefulness as he quelled it a mental eye roll.

Don't get attached Night.
"Oh, what do you draw?" Talia asked Page with quick interest. She had looked to Night once again when she saw movement, grinning a bit at seeing him move closer, "You've lived here your life? Me too! What part of town are you from? I'm from the docks area!"

Talia had been shifting from foot to foot, her ecstatic behavior showing through once again. That, or she couldn't stop shifting every five seconds! She laughed a bit, looking to Page, "And what's it like on a caravan? Do you get to see a lot of the land? I've never been anywhere else, so I can't wait until we do get to be out of Oasis city to do jobs!"

Her tail was swishing once again, thumping softly on the floor every few moments when she had shifted to a different foot. The little metallic bit around her neck glimmered shortly in the light at some of her movements, yet Talia didn't really mind it as if it's been a part of her body the entire time, "Well, if our first job is out of Oasis city! Oh, what if our first job is to fetch something for someone? Oh, oh! Or maybe we get to bring an item and save someone with it?" She was rather talkative as she continued to have a smile on her face, showing no sign of actually calming down. Talia enjoyed talking with new people, no matter the time of day or reason.
"Oh, what do you draw?" Talia asked Page with quick interest. She had looked to Night once again when she saw movement, grinning a bit at seeing him move closer, "You've lived here your life? Me too! What part of town are you from? I'm from the docks area!"

Talia had been shifting from foot to foot, her ecstatic behavior showing through once again. That, or she couldn't stop shifting every five seconds! She laughed a bit, looking to Page, "And what's it like on a caravan? Do you get to see a lot of the land? I've never been anywhere else, so I can't wait until we do get to be out of Oasis city to do jobs!"

Her tail was swishing once again, thumping softly on the floor every few moments when she had shifted to a different foot. The little metallic bit around her neck glimmered shortly in the light at some of her movements, yet Talia didn't really mind it as if it's been a part of her body the entire time, "Well, if our first job is out of Oasis city! Oh, what if our first job is to fetch something for someone? Oh, oh! Or maybe we get to bring an item and save someone with it?" She was rather talkative as she continued to have a smile on her face, showing no sign of actually calming down. Talia enjoyed talking with new people, no matter the time of day or reason.
End.pngNonbinary.pngTheyThem.pngBisexual.pngEndR.png
End.pngTaurus.pngChaoticNeutral.pngEndR.png
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FR+2 | ADHD!!
((Aaah, lateness D:))

Ace followed after the Lampent. Oh gods, how was this going to go? Would they be a good mentor? What if the rookies didn’t want to continue on, after all of this? They know well enough that a lot of the time expectation doesn’t meet reality. Whatever, they just took a big breath and continued walking. Of course, they looked confident. Head high and chest puffed. ...Though, being a rather characteristically short Pokémon, this might look silly to some. However, that didn’t account for the fast that they were actually strong. They could handle themself. They were ready.

(WICKED short, but you can introduce Ace to them. I didn’t want to make it too long and get ahead of the game.)
((Aaah, lateness D:))

Ace followed after the Lampent. Oh gods, how was this going to go? Would they be a good mentor? What if the rookies didn’t want to continue on, after all of this? They know well enough that a lot of the time expectation doesn’t meet reality. Whatever, they just took a big breath and continued walking. Of course, they looked confident. Head high and chest puffed. ...Though, being a rather characteristically short Pokémon, this might look silly to some. However, that didn’t account for the fast that they were actually strong. They could handle themself. They were ready.

(WICKED short, but you can introduce Ace to them. I didn’t want to make it too long and get ahead of the game.)
FucILoG.pngimage0.gifa3zmj4c.png
OOC: Sorry if I'm not supposed to post, the turn skipping thing is a little complicated.

Night involuntarily flinched at the Todile's question. Where am I from... Near the walls, the bad area, where criminals and thieves ran rampant. That is why this guild was built here in the first place Night recalled trivia that he'd heard on the streets. "Um- I'm from the slums" He used the slang term for his region, as most did.

Why did I tell her the truth? Night felt like hissing at himself, but he kept his shy persona up, working overtime to cover up his slip. "And no, before you ask, I have never been mugged or witnessed a mugging." He talked quickly a guise of embarrassment. Nobody has the nerve to mug someone who even closely resembles one of the major underground figures. That would be very stupid of them and could work in my favor if I have to deal with an undercover mission.. he let out a high, awkward laugh, his naturally feminine voice helped with that effect. It is still annoying though...

A shadow flashed over the entryway to the hall, so much grander than Glade's measly excuse for a doorway. A place like this suits me so much better, don't you think? He quickly whispered to the Todidile, "Who is that" his voice was higher than he would have liked, and reeked of panic and urgency. Please don't recognize me. Please don't be one of the guild members that try to hunt us down. Oh god, perhaps this was a mistake, I could have spent a month's worth of nights on Glade's floor, avoiding my mother at all costs, only stealing what she wouldn't link to me. He began fidgeting with the necklace again, trying to ward off panic. Earrings. Earrings. Earrings, remember. If anyone recognized the newcomer, it would be Talia, so I should keep an eye on her. Either way Boink, boink. my fate is in the hands of a complete stranger.
OOC: Sorry if I'm not supposed to post, the turn skipping thing is a little complicated.

Night involuntarily flinched at the Todile's question. Where am I from... Near the walls, the bad area, where criminals and thieves ran rampant. That is why this guild was built here in the first place Night recalled trivia that he'd heard on the streets. "Um- I'm from the slums" He used the slang term for his region, as most did.

Why did I tell her the truth? Night felt like hissing at himself, but he kept his shy persona up, working overtime to cover up his slip. "And no, before you ask, I have never been mugged or witnessed a mugging." He talked quickly a guise of embarrassment. Nobody has the nerve to mug someone who even closely resembles one of the major underground figures. That would be very stupid of them and could work in my favor if I have to deal with an undercover mission.. he let out a high, awkward laugh, his naturally feminine voice helped with that effect. It is still annoying though...

A shadow flashed over the entryway to the hall, so much grander than Glade's measly excuse for a doorway. A place like this suits me so much better, don't you think? He quickly whispered to the Todidile, "Who is that" his voice was higher than he would have liked, and reeked of panic and urgency. Please don't recognize me. Please don't be one of the guild members that try to hunt us down. Oh god, perhaps this was a mistake, I could have spent a month's worth of nights on Glade's floor, avoiding my mother at all costs, only stealing what she wouldn't link to me. He began fidgeting with the necklace again, trying to ward off panic. Earrings. Earrings. Earrings, remember. If anyone recognized the newcomer, it would be Talia, so I should keep an eye on her. Either way Boink, boink. my fate is in the hands of a complete stranger.
1 2